₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,332,507 members, 5,157,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2019 at 07:38 AM

My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal (2089 Views)

My Summer Trip To Lyon, Geneva and Chamonix Mont-Blanc! / My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 9:53am On Jul 28
The summer hols has only just gotten into full swing, I would be detailing my visit to this beautiful city, described as the romantic capital of the world.
Take off was from the London Victoria Coach Station. grin. Oh yes! I travelled by road, or what's the fun in a 1hr flight or 90mins train ride? Besides I needed to satisfy my curiosity about the euro-tunnel, getting to experience what it's like traveling under water cheesy.
So join me as I detail my visits
to the most iconic places in Paris.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 9:57am On Jul 28
So yeah, take off from London Victoria Coach station, international wing. Coaches running to Scotland, Wales, France, Belgium, Netherlands etc
The coaches guarantee cheaper fares grin, extra leg room,toilet facilities, USB charging, Wi-Fi and 4hrly stops for rest and refreshment.
Pics 1&2 - Boarding
Pics 3- First stop at Victor Hugo Terminal - Boarder control & Passport check

6 Likes

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 28
Na so
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by augustab: 11:09am On Jul 28
Space booking
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by davide470(m): 11:38am On Jul 28
Boss Chilisauce,

Make we see na grin
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 11:44am On Jul 28
davide470:
Boss Chilisauce,

Make we see na grin
Boss Davide the genius. Na your backyard be that na
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28
The Channel Tunnel (Le Tunnel Sous La Manche) - the longest under water tunnel in the world.
So I have always wondered what it felt like, travelling under water. Yes I have entered a submarine but this is entirely different.
The channel connects Kent in UK with the European mainland (Calais in France).
Vehicles drive into the eurotunnel, the largest such vehicle carriage in the world, each carriage compartment takes a luxurious bus or about 5 small cars.
Pic 1: Driving up to the carriage
Pic 2,3,4: Entry.

2 Likes

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28
The crossing itself takes about 35mins, but waiting to board the carriage could take another 30mins on average.
All you need to do is sit in your vehicle, put your gear to 1 or Park and relax.
The carriage is air conditioned and has toilets You can step out of your car and visit the loo.
The feeling is similar to the vacuum feel you get when in the plane or traveling with the underground train. You get that feeling of fullness in your head.
Pic 1: Even the driver needs to also press phone. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by BoswellNig: 1:09pm On Jul 28
Good thread. Following.

I travelled the Channel Tunnel in 2013 and I was amazed how travel under water could be made so easy.
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by FCBboy: 1:33pm On Jul 28
Are you saying trains could pass beneath the English channel?

oyinbo people no go kill us ooo.

1 Like

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Abini2012: 1:48pm On Jul 28
I hope to travel to Europe via the Channel too. Still doing my due research, so I am following your thread Sir.
Pls if you don't mind, which bus did you used and fare? Thank you

Enjoy your visit!
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by sisitito01(f): 2:39pm On Jul 28
FCBboy:
Are you saying trains could pass beneath the English channel?

oyinbo people no go kill us ooo.
Lmao! Right?!
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by FCBboy: 3:06pm On Jul 28
sisitito01:

Lmao! Right?!
isn't that wonderful?

my spirit is in Europe, Germany precisely, nah only my body dey this poohole entity called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Braket: 4:31pm On Jul 28
chilisauce:
The summer hols has only just gotten into full swing, I would be detailing my visit to this beautiful city, described as the romantic capital of the world.
Take off was from the London Victoria Coach Station. grin. Oh yes! I travelled by road, or what's the fun in a 1hr flight or 90mins train ride? Besides I needed to satisfy my curiosity about the euro-tunnel, getting to experience what it's like traveling under water cheesy.
So join me as I detail my visits
to the most iconic places in Paris.
Informative thread. I will definitely try this out one of these days.

Kindly brief me about the submarine travel too I dey interested.
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Braket: 4:31pm On Jul 28
Abini2012:
I hope to travel to Europe via the Channel too. Still doing my due research, so I am following your thread Sir.

Enjoy your visit!
Yeah this information is needed oh
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28
Bienvenu à Paris!
Oh well, if Nairaland bot permits me, would use lots more French 'vernacular' , it's my father-tongue and I wonder why NL bots wee be vexing when we use it. angry
Anyways, no time for bad blood, we're here to max the fun!!!! grin

After the 9hr journey, I straightaway made me way from Paris Bercy station to 1st Arrondisement.
That's the centre of Paris with lots of attractions.
Pic 1: Arc de Triomphe du Carousel - Not the main arc de triomphe we all know, this one is a commemoration of Napoleon's victory.
Pic 2: Le Basin Octagone
Pic 3: la grand roue du Paris - with other vanity attractions
Pic 4: Place de la Concorde - largest square in Paris,
with the obelisk donated by the Egyptians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28
Abini2012:

Enjoy your visit!
I used OuiBus and that was because they had a partnership with National Express.
The other operators are Eurolines, FlixBus and BlaBlaBus which sometimes partner with OuiBus.
FlixBus is the biggest of the bus companies but ofcus, from the reviews, they all have lots of complaints which is not unexpected.
The Brits are really difficult to please. cheesy

Fare varies with time of the year. Peak summer fares can cost up to £60 return ticket. If you travel off peak, you can get lower fares of £25

1 Like

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by ladiesreject(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28
Let me book space
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28
More pics........
A short walk from place de la Concorde, you'd get to Assemblée Natione.
Pic 2: La Seine- the River cuts through Paris, has hundreds of boat cruises everyday. Cruisies from £13, with a dinner cruise costing about £39 where you get to be served something light and a glass of wine grin
Pic 3: Errrm, warrisdis? shocked Lol, them sha like brezz like anything. No art or painting is complete if the woman's brezz isn't exposed. Anyways, this art is located outside Musée d'orange

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Richmondoau(m): 7:57am On Jul 29
Nice
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Mizwisdom(f): 11:10am On Jul 29
Following cheesy
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29
Voir Paris et Mourir is a popular cliché used to express the beauty and allure of Paris. It literally means 'see Paris and die' grin, or what else would you be living for after you have been to heaven on earth? cheesy
Well, Paris is a well planned and organised metroplole, compared to the rather chaotic New York or bustling London. Needless to say, my visit to New York reminded me of what Lagos could be like in 20years time, I came back from that trip stressed and with headache grin.

Anyways, more pictures.
Pic 1: Arc de triomphe de l'étoile . So this is the main arc, a monument to commemorate the victories of the Revolutionary , Napoleonic and world wars
Pic 2: The names of the wars and the Generals are inscribed on the walls of the arc
Pic 3: A flame is lit everyday as a mark of honour for the departed soldiers.
Pic4: Leading from the Arc to Champ d'elycée is perhaps, the most famous street in Paris. I reckon it's more like 5th Avenue of New York. There you'd find celebrity hangouts, top range restaurants, designer outlets including this sports car exhibition

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29
Still on Avenue Champs-Elycée, 'the most famous avenue in the world'
Pic 2 Grand Palais
Pic 3 - Two fighting grin. From the museum Le petit Palais
Pic 4 - Place de l'invalides which houses the cathedral, military museum and tomb of Napoleon

1 Like

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by realestniggah: 7:52am On Jul 30
Wonderful
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 30
I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY THIS, THE REASON MOST PEOPLE ARE RUNNING TO AMERICA AND CANADA IS BECAUSE THEY ARE ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES.
EUROPE TOO MAKE BRAIN ABEG

1 Like

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Hadampson(m): 9:40am On Jul 30
ViceChief:
I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY THIS, THE REASON MOST PEOPLE ARE RUNNING TO AMERICA AND CANADA IS BECAUSE THEY ARE ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES.

One of the reasons and Hollywood. People want to have this American feeling not minding the chaotic lifestyle over there. Texas is different though

Canada is very accommodating, hence the reason why many Nigerians are entering the country in thousands.

Want to enjoy cool lifestyle, Europe is your best bet anytime anyday wink

1 Like

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 11:45am On Jul 30
ViceChief:
I couldn't agree with you less
Language is an important determinant in migration, as many Nigerians who aren't obviously daring would rather go to prosperous English speaking countries.
Places like Netherlands, Scandinavian countries, Belgium, Luxembourg are really lovely to live in. Even better than UK.
The drawback is just that racism and discrimination is more pronounced in the aforementioned countries than in the bigger economies.

3 Likes

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 4:22pm On Jul 30
Le Louvre/Musée du Louvre
For me this is the highlight of my visit to Paris.
Reputed as the worlds largest art museum and the most popular museum in the world, entrance fee costs only €17 compared to about $35 it would cost for a similar museum in US. Though comparative museums in UK are free grin.
I have been to 4 of the 10 largest museums in the world, Le Louvre trumps them all.
Enjoy the pics
Pic 1: Piramide de Louvre
Pic 2: Closer view of the Pyramid
Pic 3: Washing the glass Pyramid
Pic 4: The view from within the pyramid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by Saintsquare(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30
I couldn't do any travel this summer, still reasoning Germany, Munich and Hamburg to be precise. Paris is cool , probably next year �
Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30
More on Louvre Museum.
There is one work of art that everyone has to see if you visit Le Louvre museum.
It's the most valuable, most talked about, most visited, most parodied work of art in history. The Mona Lisa Painting.
You queue up for almost 2hrs just to get into the show room where it's housed.
At best, you can only view it from a distance of about 5m

5 Likes

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31
Some more monuments
Place de la Bastille , with l'opéra Bastille in the background

Place Charles de Gaule

Le centre pompidou - houses the largest modern museum of art in Europe , cinema, library, mall

Sacré-Coeur (Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris)

1 Like

Re: My Summer Visit To Paris: Tourist Journal by chilisauce(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31
Climbing up the Eiffel Tower was one of those life moments grin €20 very well spent

For all the noise about Old Trafford. I thought I wouldn't find a more beautiful stadium. Old Trafford is historic, Parc de Princes is beautiful

Hang out on a sunny day , typical scene on the streets of Paris

Another typical scene on the streets

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Scholaship Agency Number / Ghana Or Sierra Leone Which Is Good To Stay To Hussle / I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.