Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says (28975 Views)

New CJN, Justice Muhammad, To Set Up Election Tribunal Tomorrow / More photos of Buhari swearing in New CJN, Muhammed Tanko / Photo Of Buhari Swearing In New CJN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by phemsie(m): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Tanko Muhammad, the new head of Nigeria’s judiciary, has said that vicious termites destroyed his primary school certificate.

Mr Muhammad said the termites invaded his home in Bauchi State in 1998 and devoured all documents inside beyond recovery.

“No portion of the certificate was salvaged,” Mr Muhammad said.

The claim was contained in an affidavit which the top jurist submitted to the Senate last week to be confirmed as the head of the Supreme Court.

The specific affidavit has been circulating on social media since Monday night, but PREMIUM TIMES has obtained additional credentials relating to Mr Muhammad’s confirmation from parliamentary sources.

Mr Muhammad swore the affidavit on February 13, 2002, while he was a judge at the Jos Division of the Court of Appeal. He became a Supreme Court judge in 2007.

President Muhammadu Buhari nominated Mr Muhammad as the Chief Justice after he controversially removed Walter Onnoghen in the lead up to the 2019 general elections.
Mr Muhammad, who spent his early years on the bench as a Sharia court judge, immediately faced allegations of age falsification.

The claims said the judge criminally altered his date of birth by three years from December 31, 1950, to December 31, 1953.

Mr Muhammad denied the allegations, and a federal judge later ruled on May 31 that the complainant had no rights to file the lawsuit.

The court also said there was no evidence to back the claim against Mr Muhammad and scolded the complaint, said to be an Abuja-based lawyer, as filing the case to deface Mr Muhammad’s public image as an honourable man.

A N10 million fine was also imposed on the lawyer for instituting a frivolous case in contravention of extant rules of the judiciary. It is not immediately clear if an appeal has been filed.

Mr Muhammad was confirmed by the Senate on July 17 following a dramatic hearing that was overshadowed by his incoherent response to a question about the Supreme Court’s long-standing principle on legal technicalities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/342638-termites-ate-my-school-certificate-cjn-tanko.html%3famp_markup=1

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by delishpot: 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nothing is impossible.

6 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Blakjewelry(m): 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
buhari cousin

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by richmind2019(m): 12:18am On Jul 29, 2019
Termite
Are there no more snakes in the shitthole

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by blackboy(m): 12:48am On Jul 29, 2019
PITAD is denying pensioners their pension because they do not have their 1st letter of employment and even after getting affidavit they do not have it. Pensioners of almost 90 years. A shame that political office holders can use affidavit to steal but pensioners can't use it to get their pension.
Pitad should simply say they are out to kill pensioners

157 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by phemsie(m): 1:20am On Jul 29, 2019
blackboy:
PITAD is denying pensioners their pension because they do not have their 1st letter of employment and even after getting affidavit they do not have it. Pensioners of almost 90 years. A shame that political office holders can use affidavit to steal but pensioners can't use it to get their pension.
Pitad should simply say they are out to kill pensioners

You can imagine this.

what else can i say, when even the president can't find his FSLC but claimed its with the military council. but pensioners can't access their pension unless they produce appointment letters that were issued long before the people reviewing them were born

66 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by destiny322(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2019
Blame buhari! Rubbish
Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Pangea: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2019
angry
I call a bull on this one!

Nigerians can lie sha!
Bare face lie!
Lienus the judge!

14 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2019

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by AdoredLadyvida: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2019
Animals in this country are in troubles,eg
Rats
snakes,
monkeys,
Termites
etc
cheesy

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by obembet(f): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2019
Scammed

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by dotunbidemi: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2019
Animals have bear lies � alot in this county, Rat, snake, monkey, now termites. Nawa o them no blame devil reach this guys angry

6 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Justpd: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2019
Nawa o
Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Chiedu4Trump: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2019
The states that u must show proof of 1st school living certificate.

If he can't he must step down.

He definitely does not have it.

If he did, he would know the difference btw Technicality & Technical.

It's should be obvious that this CJN is a product of bad quota system.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by pTomz(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2019
lol
termites ko? abeg no do ma laugh, i never chop grin

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by naijadrivablog: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2019
Is it this result shocked

5 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Maldini212(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2019
Cheroke da ass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by LLobiorah: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2019
NK was right about this country o cheesy. A zoo it's; an animal farm grin

16 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Flier: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2019
Nigeria is a fraud,we are being ruled by illiterates
But why do we need his primary school testimonial I can’t even find mine

6 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Kennitrust(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm! If the man who controls the affairs of almost 200million people could be ousted (and even re-elected) for having fake or no certificate, your certificate sage is just a minor case.

They religious drew us backwards when the real problems are these illiterate leaders we at the helm of our country.

This is the tale of "like father, like son!

2 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by bestman09(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2019
Like Buhari like tanko Mohammed. Bunch of illiterate scammers

13 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by nerorex01: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2019
Nigeria my country , like Buhari LIKE Tanko grin grin grin grin
No problem, we will get there through Virgin atlantic or KLM...

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Kendumazy(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2019
Lol wonders shall never end.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.
Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Xisnin(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by sotall(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2019
Like Buhari , like Tanko

Birds of the same feathers

7 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by Yinxies(f): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2019
Nigeria my country
Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by crackhouse(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2019
This don come with another story.
Re: Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says by femijay8271(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2019
which Kain wahala b dix?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance / Blood Will Flow If Elrufai Demolishes Gbagyi Villa- Kaduna Youth Groupwarns / Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.