Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Mom Loses Ovaries, Uterus And Toes After IUD Ends Up In Stomach - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mom Loses Ovaries, Uterus And Toes After IUD Ends Up In Stomach (368 Views)

2 Teenage Girls Sell Their Ovaries, Eggs, Organs For ₦‎100,000 Each In Ogun / Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mom Loses Ovaries, Uterus And Toes After IUD Ends Up In Stomach by SUNNEW: 12:44am On Jul 29, 2019
A 25-year-old woman who lost her ovaries, uterus and toes after her IUD forced its way up into her stomach and migrated over to her liver said her faith in God has helped her recover.

“Sometimes things happen in your life and you don’t know why,” Tanai Smith, of Baltimore, Md., wrote on a GoFundMe page. “You question yourself why me or what did I do to deserve this? But what you should be asking is what can I learn from it. I’m finally coming out to tell my story because I feel like I can help someone.”

Smith said she was offered birth control six weeks after her daughter’s 2014 birth. She said that she was told it would work for five years, but at an annual check-up with a new gynecologist in October 2017 she allegedly learned that there was potentially an issue.

The gynecologist, whom she did not name in her post, could not find the IUD, and allegedly sent her for two ultrasounds. Smith said the scans did not show the IUD.

“One day in the beginning of November I was at work I began to have a sharp pain in the bottom right side of my stomach and the first thing that popped in my head was is this that IUD?” she wrote, adding that she took herself to the emergency room when it worsened.

Smith said she was taken for an X-ray, which showed that her IUD had wound up in her stomach.

“I went and talked to my OB-GYN, told him everything that was going on and even showed him the X-ray picture that they allowed me to take,” she wrote. “So he said I have to get surgery. So I asked him how would they have to get it out and he told me they would cut me right under my belly button and use a scope.”

Smith claims that when she woke up from the Dec. 13 procedure, she noticed that she was cut three times, and that she was told the IUD broke into pieces and had traveled to her liver. She claims she was released from the hospital despite the fact that she was bleeding, but had to be rushed back overnight.

Re: Mom Loses Ovaries, Uterus And Toes After IUD Ends Up In Stomach by Kingpee2(m): 1:26am On Jul 29, 2019
Sorry ma’am ,Heaven will give you strength to carry on..
Re: Mom Loses Ovaries, Uterus And Toes After IUD Ends Up In Stomach by Vega100: 4:37am On Jul 29, 2019
So where did the article state her womb and other reproductive organs were all removed? Na wa oh!!!bloggers self.

(1) (Reply)

Bruxism (teeth Grinding): Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment / Original Vagina Detox Tampon Available For Vagina Infecfions / Best Non-surgical Hair Replacement System In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.