Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? (17631 Views)

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? / Why Do Dogs Howl When The Morning Prayer Is Called... / How Do Dogs Mate Back-to-back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Of course animals also experience grief & loneliness. I had a total of 6 birds once. 5 died & the one that was left began to show signs of "depression". It slept a lot. Didn't want to eat or play unless I put it outside to see other birds. It had "friends" that used to make noise outside my window & sometimes they would come into the door when open. My bird would get excited when she hears them calling out to her. So anyway I decided to let her go. I opened the cage one morning to set her free. She was gone....only for a night. She returned the next morning with a boyfriend she found in the wild grin I could tell it was a boy because male & female Finches have different markings on their bodies. Since she was shacking up, I decided to bring another couple into the mix. Things were active again in the cage & the noise levels went up a notch in the house, but at least she went back to her old self.

My advice would be, find a companion for your dog, even if it's a puppy. Dogs love puppies too. He should be back to normal in no time.

I smiled reading. This is sooo cute

3 Likes

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Ubdavis(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely correct. I was once a dog, I can testify that.
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2019
Hyerin:

I smiled reading. This is sooo cute

I'm glad I put a smile on your face smiley It was way too noisy & stressful though because of the wild bird. He was a thug grin My bird & the other two were obviously raised in captivity, so they behaved differently. The other one was WILD. It fought with the other male often & ended up killing him. I kicked him out & left the two girls by themselves. Bought them mirrors so they'd think there's more of them in the cage lol.

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by rman: 10:39am On Jul 29, 2019
nairamaniac:

The Dog has finally come to realise that life is just Vanity upon vanity.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by hotman0095(m): 10:40am On Jul 29, 2019
I read it somewhere that a dog's brain is as active as a 3years old kid.you can get him another dog to keep him company.
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by BotafogoJunior(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I'm glad I put a smile on your face smiley It was way too noisy & stressful though because of the wild bird. He was a thug grin My bird & the other two were obviously raised in captivity, so they behaved differently. The other one was WILD. It fought with the other male often & ended up killing him. I kicked him out & left the two girls by themselves. Bought them mirrors so they'd think there's more of them in the cage lol.
hmm sweet stories,i have plan of getting a parrot when i build my house!!

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Heskayknows: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they do have feelings, some even consider suicide

3 Likes

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2019
whytediamond:
Who remembers Hachiko the dog who waited 9rs at the spot his master died...

Read the very heartbreaking story here.

[/b]Answer to the OP:[b]

A true friend never betrays and loves without holding back. A dog is man’s best friend. Think about that.
Pls I would love to read about the story for real...
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Deathisfree: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

My friend had 3 big alsatian dogs. Unfortunately 2 of them died due to illness. But the third one that survived has not been the same since losing it's other 2 friends cos he witnessed their deaths in the cage. Doctors say it could have affected him mentally.

Honestly this once fierce guard dog has become a shadow of it's former self. It just sits around the house all day moping and doing nothing. It never barks anymore. A total stranger can come into the compound without any fear even though we don't cage him anymore. The most shocking part is that the stranger can shout at him and he'll RUN AWAY inside his own compound.

It grieves me to see him like this. Is there anything we can do for him now? Cos basically we're just taking care of him now as an aged friend.

That's him in the compound

I’m a dog breeder and have bred about 70 different puppies.
All you need to do is buy your dog another partner
Let them stay together in the cage and your dog will be fine. Thank me later
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by rman: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by oluwaahmed: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2019
nairamaniac:

The Dog has finally come to realise that life is just Vanity upon vanity.
I tells you

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

My friend had 3 big alsatian dogs. Unfortunately 2 of them died due to illness. But the third one that survived has not been the same since losing it's other 2 friends cos he witnessed their deaths in the cage. Doctors say it could have affected him mentally.

Honestly this once fierce guard dog has become a shadow of it's former self. It just sits around the house all day moping and doing nothing. It never barks anymore. A total stranger can come into the compound without any fear even though we don't cage him anymore. The most shocking part is that the stranger can shout at him and he'll RUN AWAY inside his own compound.

It grieves me to see him like this. Is there anything we can do for him now? Cos basically we're just taking care of him now as an aged friend.

All advanced animals can have emotional trauma
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Prinss: 11:05am On Jul 29, 2019
Heskayknows:
grin
Heskayknows:

Dude you cracked me up good with that pix lol, was the dog dead? that stunt's dangerous
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:21am On Jul 29, 2019
BotafogoJunior:
hmm sweet stories,i have plan of getting a parrot when i build my house!!

Be prepared for the noise & mess lol. Birds are messy eaters. You should also do your research before getting any type of bird because certain foodstuffs could kill them eg. Avocados & also if you're sensitive to noise like I am, choose a less chirpy type. I chose Finches because they're not as noisy as other birds, but they're a lot messy as tiny as they are. You clean nonstop because they throw their food around.

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by chinonyinye: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2019
It might be traumatized o cos I remembered when I was young, our big dog was poisoned and she died. The smaller one laid down beside her and as pman wanted to carry d dog to bury it, d smaller one started crying and was following him.
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by blackweaver(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

They should get one or 2 more alsatian dogs, the first one will feel better
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by naturefellow(m): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2019
meobizy:
No. They are dumb animals. It is only apes which can process emotional thoughts due to their complex nature.

If a dog’s leg is cut today, give it five days at most to heal from the physical pain and it’ll carry on life like nothing happened. Apes on the other hand dwell on both the emotional and physical pain.

Get that dumb animal three or four playmates and it’ll go back to factory settings. Right now it is bored. A lack of mental and physical stimulation can make a dog timid.
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

get him a fierce dog, he should recover
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by mafiano1986: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Tellemall:

Yes, dogs experience emotional trauma.

I had two instances. I got two German Shepherd puppies from their mother. They were brothers. The two did everything together, but one morning I came to their shed and found one brother at the far end of their shed and the other curled and motionless. His living brother cried a lot when he was taken away and was downcast for a long time. I thought he would die of sorrow. He did not. But he was incomplete, I guess.

The next instance is the mastiff I got after that. I decided not to get two dogs after the previous incident. When the dog was a puppy of 9 months my house was burgled. He put up a good fight. He had a loud bark and powerful body so nobody would suspect he was just a baby dog. The bastard who came in was unprepared for his silent attack and badly injured my puppy. I had to massage him and treat swelling on his face. For months after that my puppy was not the same. He was traumatized, scared when he was usually confident. I think he developed PTSD. He refused to bark after the initial barking and became fearful of blacks. I began to distrust his guarding ability and I think he did, too.

The devilish bastard who did that ran into a tree and the armed response who came said they did not see the thing who did it to my dog, but the dog was barking up the tree.

Yes, dogs get traumatized. They are just like humans. Only that we probably don't know how to treat them. And that dogs can't talk. If they could...
You don't live in naija right? You live abroad, but where United States? UK? Europe?
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by whytediamond(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Rilwayne001: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
Offpoint:
Nothing emotional about that dog, the idiot was weak right from birth. The 2 dead dogs were the ones boosting his moral. They're are dead now the big chicken hearted is back to his former self "P*ssy Nigga*

It happens to human too, every weak azz needs someone that backs them up and once that person is gone... they're back to their old self.

If dogs shows emotional, my boss bulldog woulda shown one cuz I've been steadily eating his beef in his presence for 5 years non stop.

That's how my boss kids behave like they're Rambo when their parents are at home, but when they're gone they all become humble like a feminist who got a d**k for a first time... cuz they know, heaven knows I'll treat their fûck ups.

shocked grin grin grin
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Chiedu4Trump: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

Of course dogs have emotions,thats why they are happy to see the owners !

I saw a clip of a dog that was upset when its partner was killed by a car.

It kept nudging the dead dog to move
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

Wikipedia will shed more light on your occasion, google it
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Blakjewelry(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

get him a companion

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Harsh words mate
meobizy:
No. They are dumb animals. It is only apes which can process emotional thoughts due to their complex nature.

If a dog’s leg is cut today, give it five days at most to heal from the physical pain and it’ll carry on life like nothing happened. Apes on the other hand dwell on both the emotional and physical pain.

Get that dumb animal three or four playmates and it’ll go back to factory settings. Right now it is bored. A lack of mental and physical stimulation can make a dog timid.
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by ogbiwa: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. The responses have been helpful. I think the general consensus is that surrounding him with other dogs will reinvigorate him. We'll look into that. Thanks again

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Chiemeka1: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
You can show love to the dog.

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by bsquare12(f): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wonderful: Tips to keep Cockroach as a pet.

Cockroaches is well known to many people and some people hate it. Not everybody hate is, Because there are many big and beautiful species of cockroaches that are being kept as pets.

In most cases some cockroaches are not kept as pets but as food for reptiles such as chameleons and geckos.
https://www.itrendnaija.com/2019/07/wonderful-tips-to-keep-cockroach-as-pet.html?m=1

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by mafiano1986: 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
Yea, they do, the other day my puppy kept on putting his front legs on my trouser, I told him to stop but he refused, so I slapped him on his back, then he started shouting continuously, i only slapped his back once but he kept on shouting as if somebody is beating him, that very day, he refused to eat or play with me, I had to win back his trust and apologise.
He is actually very sensitive, if you touch him small he will just start crying as if he is being tortured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' / How To Fatten A Malnourished Dog Cheaply? / Which Animal Or Insect Are You Scared Of The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.