Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? (68229 Views)

My Experience To The Question Do Dogs See Spirits? / Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? / Wait Sef! Do Dogs Really See Spirits.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Daum: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
While staying indoors because of Covid 19, my mind flashed back to my visit to a Village about 10 years ago.

One night, we were outside as always and there was no moonlight so everywhere was dark just some few local lamp on. We were seated outside with a man in his 70s and he was telling us some stories.

There was this local dog opposite us just lying down. After a while she started barking. At first we thought she was just disturbing but the dog stood up and was barking continuously facing a particular direction. What caught my interest was how she walked towards that direction and stood there barking.

Later she stopped but she lied down there. Less than 10 minutes again she stood up like she heard something and started backing again, this time we were concerned, we pointed our torch light at the direction but we couldn't see anything, it was then the old man told us to relax, that the dog knows why it is barking. She probably had seen an evil spirit or witch and as long as she keeps barking, the spirit can't come close.

Has anyone had a similar experience before?

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Gwagone: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
undecided
You will tell the same to your children and like that like that

534 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by iretiolu92(f): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yes.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Daum: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
iretiolu92:
Yes.

I was even told then that if you use a dog urine to wash your face, you will see things like them

I feel like crying right now. I have been on this forum for over 6 years now and this is the first time my topic is making front page. I feel blessed today, I feel so happy. Even with the garri that I drank today, I feel like I have achieved a lot in this covid 19 period. The God that has done this for me, will see you through this period and you will come out strong and better after this covid period.

God bless you all.

513 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by edo3(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hian!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Humphrizy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
Na one superstitious believe which I believe is true to an extent sha

35 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Sabby1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
Daum:

I was even told then that if you use a dog urine to wash your face, you will see things like them

413 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by chatinent: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
No one has become a dog before. How can anyone know?

498 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by 2special(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
Seems true...l even heard that if you remove some particles from dogs eyes and put it in your eyes, you will see the evil spirits

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
chatinent:
No one has become a dog before. How can anyone know?

Laugh wan burst my Belle.
grin grin grin

498 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by iretiolu92(f): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Daum:

hmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Bruno3000(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
iretiolu92:
hmmmmmmmmmmm
I like d name Ireti. What does it mean?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IamAnderson(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2020
dogs don't see spirits, they have hyper sensitive ears and noses meaning they can hear and smell things that you don't realize are close by.
the dog was barking because it heard something not because it saw spirits.

380 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IamAnderson(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Daum:

if you do this you'll harm yourself, dog urine corrodes metal so imagine what it'll do to your eyes, be smart and do not believe myths nobody actually practices

243 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by vincentjk(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2020
2special:
Seems true...l even heard that if you remove some particles from dogs eyes and put it in your eyes, you will see the evil spirits

Yes it's true but some rituals need to be performed before you can see those things

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Simonokeh7(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by hakeem4(m): 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuff don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Slawormir: 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:
dogs don't see spirits, they have hyper sensitive ears and noses meaning they can hear and smell things that you don't realize are close by.
the dog was barking because it heard something not because it saw spirits.

Damnnnnn niggarrr
You must be a real niggarrr

I owe you some weed
Some bottles and enough paid pussy to bang

But wait a minute. You don too read things about Felidae and canidae. Slow down niggarrr
I love niggarrrs who seek for knowledge!
No homo

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by MrImole: 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Very well
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
I grew up believing they do oh

I was told if you wash dog face in the morning and use the water to wash yours you will see demon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by shogsman(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nope they don't, because those shit aiint real

5 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Dpharisee: 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Dogs have a higher hearing ability and night vision and can react to the lowest sound within its territory which it perceive as potential threat by barking and growling but which local people refer to as seeing witches and spirits

Any man who enjoys eating the scrotum of a Ram should not complain if he wakes up with a swollen blockos. Chinwetalu Agu. 2012

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by MrImole: 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
As an expert on dogs related matters, very well, they even see future...

I am hungry here waiting for someone to ask for my account number so as to send money there and we are here discussing about the mega pixels in dogs eyes...

What's wrong with you people?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Zombiekiller010: 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Elders come forward and answer this

Dont fall into the trick of the guy that advertise cheap data up there, na lockdown and hunger makes him want to scam people

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Tina001(f): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yes they do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Jestin: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
The dog only saw bush rat and started barking. Not every words from our elders should be taken seriously.

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / A Video Of Dogs 'Praying' Before Eating Goes Viral / What Is This Life Turning Into!!!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.