Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? (17630 Views)

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? / Why Do Dogs Howl When The Morning Prayer Is Called... / How Do Dogs Mate Back-to-back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Biingoo: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ubdavis:
Absolutely correct. I was once a dog, I can testify that.
Lmao!!
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Biingoo: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
BotafogoJunior:
hmm sweet stories,i have plan of getting a parrot when i build my house!!
Same here
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Dickson23(m): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2019
Adopting new dog Friends for him would help ....

He isn't used to being with his doggy friends
Re: Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 18, 2020
[/color]
ogbiwa:
Hello guys.

My friend had 3 big alsatian dogs. Unfortunately 2 of them died due to illness. But the third one that survived has not been the same since losing it's other 2 friends cos he witnessed their deaths in the cage. Doctors say it could have affected him mentally.

Honestly this once fierce guard dog has become a shadow of it's former self. It just sits around the house all day moping and doing nothing. It never barks anymore. A total stranger can come into the compound without any fear even though we don't cage him anymore. The most shocking part is that the stranger can shout at him and he'll RUN AWAY inside his own compound.

It grieves me to see him like this. Is there anything we can do for him now? Cos basically we're just taking care of him now as an aged friend.

That's him in the compound

My dog had a similar problem too ... He's a German pinscher but i was hoping to breed him with a German shepherd but the shepherd got killed by worms due and for almost a year my German pinscher wouldn't play or bark and he started eating less quantity of food ... I had to take him away from my home to my school to socialize him , i think this somehow gave him confidence and now he's back on track ...though he still doesn't eat too much food but he eats well if i feed with my hands smiley[color=#006600]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' / How To Fatten A Malnourished Dog Cheaply? / Which Animal Or Insect Are You Scared Of The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.