Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Vic23k: Over Here! - Dating And Meet-up Zone (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Vic23k: Over Here! (3651 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2010
Oh my God VIc!

So marriage is ONLY FOR PROCREATION OF CHILDREN? Oh my goodness, you do not need to be married to make babies Vic,

Just because a woman doesn't want to have kids at a young age does not mean she not fertile, having children doesn't mean you are necessary fertile because know people take them drugs and go through them treatments and have children,

Oh yeah yall loooooove children that all my husband talk about baby this, baby that, child this, and child that, I am like you need to go grab some of them kids out there roaming and play daddy to them and send they lil azzes right on home,

Yall like fast results? We aint no pregnancy tests talkin about yall like fast results, yall like rushing and everything have to be NOW,

and OH LAWD DON'T LET ME FORGET THIS, yall make sure EVERYBODY KNOW YALL MARRIED OR HAVE A WOMAN, i mean it a big festival with you igbo men, and yall be thinkin yall doing something when yall tell the woman you a man, and you got this,

i am like so? you suppose to GOT THIS, YALL TAKE YALL MALE ROLES TOOOO SERIOUS
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2010
Seeing that u're not 100% an african, i will take it as ignorance.

Have u read "Things fall apart" by Chinua Achebe? In it, is a brief history of the igbo man. If u hven't lemme give u a t.it bit.

The igbo man was characterised by bull's strength(that explains why most igbo men are strong-i'm not joking). We (not me. I wasn't born then) were warriors of the first order. We fought for land, for pride and for everytin worth fighting for.

We were also die hard farmers(that explains our taste for too much money). lemme cut it short. Number of wives was a prestige then. So it was passed tru our blood line. So when we boast we are married means we hve arrived.

About suppressing women MEHN thats getting outdated. But then women don't say shi.t.

I hope i didn't bore u wif all that ^^. I didn't even go into details.

About bringing up the children on street. No way an igbo man would do that cos our blood is our pride.
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2010
Nawl you aint bored me, but I will read that book that you suggested if I can find it,

Seeing that you are not 100% american, I will excuse the ignorance wink I am not by any way shape, form, or fashion complaining about the characteristics of igbo men, I think those are wonderful characteristics,

However yall do take yall role tooooooo serious and that how culturally how yall were raised which is understandable,

However as far as children go, the excessive desire to have children is unbelievable and the pressure that the woman is placed under is overwhelming, even if the man is able to support the family and thangs, the woman is placed under dire stress to produce the moment the I DO is taken place that what I was talking about,

I agree with you, about the pride and strength, the strength is unbelievable, there is a line between integrity and too serious, YALL TENDS TO STEP ON THAT PAD FOR SERIOUSNESS,

Then again it could be that WARRIOR BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH YALL,
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2010
Lol. Shes says the truth! U tot u were gonna lie.

About children? U know when u see a child playing in the sand, the joy is unbelievable .like if the child was mine. Don't tell me u're not happy when u solve a problem/riddle?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by tanimz(f): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2010
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
i tell u my sista , hmmmmm
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
Taz the door is open jor
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by tanimz(f): 11:53pm On Oct 17, 2010
^^ What door are you talking about?

Idowu, I dey tell you. sad
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 11:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
Why on earth can't u two(Tanimz &Idowuogbu) give someone privacy? OMG!! Did i make a mistake by knowing people. Oya out! All of the uninvited
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2010
u no nid to tell me , i witness
it berra we settle in and embrace stupidity

@d non living tin
plss jus dont ever mention my name again tseeeew
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:00am On Oct 18, 2010
Anyway VIc,

I read the excerpts of the book that you suggested, It an interesting book and I have skimmed read the entire excerpt of it, However I will find the book so I can read the entire book now we barely get black americans books so african books are harder to get, but I will search for it though,

I understand what you mean when you say kids are the igbo men pride, so Imma leave that alone cos I see you finna cry,

Now one of the excerpt I read talks about the Igbo family involvement, now that is true about the family getting involve with the married couple business, I dont know if that something YALL feel is necessary, but in USA we stay out of married couples business,

Now my husband did tell me one point that I didnt just married him I married his family, now he got some nosy azz family members, and they mean welll, but why yall cant stay out of married couples business?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:03am On Oct 18, 2010
Vic,

Focus suga, we gon be alght,

Now the book,
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by tanimz(f): 12:04am On Oct 18, 2010
Vic2k3:

Why on earth can't u two(Tanimz &Idowuogbu) give someone privacy? OMG!! Did i make a mistake by knowing people. Oya out! All of the uninvited

You open that ya squirrel mouth to spew rubbish and you dey happy abi?

Idowu, this boy crase don graduate. undecided
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:06am On Oct 18, 2010
^ grin grin grin grin grin
hhhheeeeee , yallllll u are teachin him sumtin gud , he sures nid focus in his life cus hes lacking
anyway about d book , can he read undecided undecided
queeneve:

Vic,

Focus suga, we gon be alght,

Now the book,
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:08am On Oct 18, 2010
It is the act of brotherhood. I know it can be annoying @ times but we do look after our brothers. I don't mean to diss ur tribe/root but u americans don't give a hoot about others.

Queen I'm one hundred percent focused
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by tanimz(f): 12:14am On Oct 18, 2010
Vic2k3:

It is the act of brotherhood. I know it can be annoying @ times but we do look after our brothers. I don't mean to diss your tribe/root but u americans don't give a hoot about others.

Queen I'm one hundred percent focused

Was that necessary?

Idowu, shey we sef no go open book review thread sef? tongue
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:14am On Oct 18, 2010
Oh my goodness Vic!!!!

Why are you clumping all americans as the same?  Just because you have experienced or heard of americans not giving a damn about other people which is not true.  There are alot of people who are americans who look out for other people even people that are not family.  

You are ignorance of what you dont know about america.  I dont blame you though because a few people meet a few bad ones and ASSUMED THAT ALL AMERICANS ARE THE SAME,

That just like me meeting a few igbos who were azzholes and said the same thing, that ridiculous,

Looking out for brothers is completely different than getting in married couples business, what a husband and wife talk about has NOTHIGN TO DO WITH THE FAMILY, it does not affect the family that is not part of the married couple family,

Do you think that nosy family contribute to the break up of many marrriages?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:21am On Oct 18, 2010
But u do categorize all igbos as one don't u? Btw u can't cheat the biological make up either.

Remember i also said that it could be annoying @times. But it is necessary some times cos some people tend to fall in love and lose their brain too so they do need family interference(i don't dig it either) in order to direct so as not to misstep. Hope u understand?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:24am On Oct 18, 2010
When I said them damn igbos, I was talkin about the ones that talking that chit about a wife have to give husband children, them who I was talking about,
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:26am On Oct 18, 2010
So did u understand ma gibberish?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:26am On Oct 18, 2010
@queen

is it fair u ignored me  am interested in dat book soori oo , my uncle is marrried 2 a fellow ndigbo and her damn families always decide to tie d husband shoe lace dey always wan it to go dia way or no way . should i advice he fils 4 divorce  am serioussss
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:27am On Oct 18, 2010
Hmmm whatever vic,

I still think it bullchit but that yall culture and I aint trippin but I do say this that if they involvements break up a couple marriage I hope they feel so guilty that it kill them because nobody should come between a couple,
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:31am On Oct 18, 2010
Queen what about Mr. LOVE is he not allowed?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:38am On Oct 18, 2010
Who is mr love vic?

Idokwu,

I have no idea, he need to make that decision for himself, if he is not okay with the family meddling then he need address that to his wife,
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:43am On Oct 18, 2010
@eve
madam , he has told her number of times but den she refuses to treat issues as privacy , its so bad dat dey literally at war infront of kids dats y my instinct wants to advice divorce , i c wot u sayin about dis igbo pips dey are jus too inquisitive sumtimes every where ,dey elongate dia nose
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:44am On Oct 18, 2010
Was jxt a joke. So whats good this afternoon(midnight here )
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:46am On Oct 18, 2010
Ido stop it!! I don't like when u talk about ma people that way plss
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:49am On Oct 18, 2010
if u call my name again , i swearrrr tseeeww
na u get d whole generation of ndigbo ,

@efe
a onsite evidence as i wasnt talking to your fellow igbo friend he elongated hia nose on my post
warn him plsss cool
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 12:50am On Oct 18, 2010
Aren't you sleepy VIc?

I am about to go cook dinner and tend to my husband,

I will hit you when you wake up,

we aint finish with this punk!!!
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 12:53am On Oct 18, 2010
Ok
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by Vic2k3(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2010
Queen?
Re: Vic23k: Over Here! by queeneve: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2010
Vic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Need Both Male And Female Friends Around Festac, Orile, Alaba And Surulere / I Need A Guy In My Life / Meet Ebira Ladies Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.