Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? (68005 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / New Specie Of Pit Viper, Devil-Eyed Frog & Others Found In Bolivian Andes / Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
Steve28:
Pls you guys just have to stop killing snakes because they don’t harm, snakes are friendly only if you armless.
Oga stop that nonsense.

How many have you saved in your life.

Do what i say Nigerians.

Snakes are friendly my foot

Do the goats and the fowl they do kill offend them?

Or are they humans that can think rationally?

Yen yen yen yen...
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by oluwazoba25: 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

Black mamba, one of the most dangerous snakes on the planet

And yes it climbs wall
no this is Forrest cobra, black mamba is gray and green and the mouth is black, that's where the name come from.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by 3kay945(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
Simplyleo:

Pls can you explain how the bolded is possible?

I mean, averagelly smooth vertical wall, not a rough surface inclined wall.

It can climb wall but it depend. I have seen a snake climbing my fence wall before. I think it was possible for it cos the wall was not plasted then and also had greenish stuff on it. Secondly, it was a very small snake too.

So, a smooth vertical wall will be almost impossible for snakes either small or big to climb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by oluwazoba25: 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
WaywardSon:
Black Mamba
Very venomous and deadly.
Where there's one, there's usually more, check your surroundings very carefully
this is called Forrest cobra
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The snake city is a south African program, that is the region where black mamba is found. There's no black mamba in Nigeria
Then tell us the species and stop jumping from one comment to another undecided
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Freshbaba95(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Granite247:
Yeah. Black mamba. Very poisonous but not aggressive. It comes indoors to heat up during the rainy season.

Black Mambas are not black.
They only possess a very black mouth. Stop misleading people
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Fxwarrior: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Its not a black mamba. For starters black mamba aren't black in color

grin grin
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Pascal181: 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
mrgoodd:
Someone who know nothing about snakes will come here and type nonsense, Bad part is that the person mother might be reading this post and she will jokingly like her child stupid post
No vex nau
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Denza: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
mgbadike81:
Please what specie of snake is this? Is it dangerous? I killed it on the first floor of a home, apparently it entered through the veranda, is it possible for snakes to climb wall?
is the one in xenzia as e de chop e de big
Beware of it
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Jarus(m): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Many snakes climb wall. A snake has been killed on my fence before.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Freksy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Area4Area:
Woww, good to know and that means you see and handle several species of snakes? I'm not sure you can make heaven bros, I can't even stand the sight live

What bearing does handling snakes have with making heaven?
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Snakes kill anything that they feel they can easily take in.

Anything equivalent to their size.

That is why small snakes hunt rodents, birds; some medium size will hunt goats and other similar animals.

Larger once will hunt humans and animals of similar size.

But that doesn't mean they won't attempt any available meal, whether big or small.

So don't come here and be putting people's life on the line in the name of snakes right, extinction, friendliness and all those bullshit.

While i agree that some are without venom, it is really hard to tell which.

So to be on a safer side, always clear the bushes around your environment, and kill anyone u see to be a threat to you.

The whites only put snakes are friendly forward only to protect the snakes. Snakes are not actually friendly in the real sense.

3 Likes

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by mgbadike81: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
Sirnioking:

Yap! I'm a wildlife lecturer from the Rivers State University. I do that for a living.
i think you're right, the building wall was painted with a paint that generates rough edges, the area is still fairly developing and heavily infested with rats, the specie that gives off a strong smell, due to carelessness of the children, the flat was infested with rats and i was too busy to get rat poison, after the snake incident, someone got a rat poison for me, atleast five rats are dead now but and i still saw one running around yesterday night showing that they're still around. The snake was killed early in the morning which shows it's a nocturnal creature. I believe it's the rats strong odour that attracted it but the part that surprised me was coming it's coming in through the veranda. Thanks for the explanation, can you set up a snake farm?

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by kolima1067(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
Its blue mamba not only black mamba.y not try to confirm b4 typing. Dats not a black mamba. Maybe u need to watch natgeo wild for 2 weeks so u'll knw wot a black mamba looks like
donpedro11:

And yes it climbs wall

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Jacqueline22(f): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Edoloaded:
bad girl wink wink wink wink.. IYANGBALI e be like na she be this

That not me
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jacqueline22:

That not me
you say grin grin lol why u dey deny. How come you both have the same boob size grin and face
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Pearl05(f): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
tunmoj:
At this rate of Snake killings, Nigeria might witness an extinction...

It is good like that.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Rexkingsley(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Can u build a courier company
seven7clien:
What type of freaky snake is this. Haaaaaa

i will build your professional website for your business for 9k only. Whazapp 0706-30-84171
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Psoul(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Initially, snakes don't climb walls, but due to research and advanced technology in the snake kingdom, they have discover some body maneuvering patterns that could aid their wall climbing prowess.

They are still researching on how they can jump a long distance/high barricades and also fly.

So no hiding place from snakes now.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Their bodies have scales, they open up the scales whenever they want to climb and use them as stairs to climb.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Coolgent(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
Check

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Jacqueline22(f): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
Edoloaded:
you say grin grin lol why u dey deny. How come you both have the same boob size grin and face

Lol look well hv change me pic
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by LORDKing001: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

And yes it climbs wall
how did you know? Who told you its black mamba?

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Toscarel: 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

And yes it climbs wall

oga thats not a black, I'm sure you jumped to conclusion because of its colour but black mambas aren't actually black but mostly brown or olive in colour they get the name black mamba because the inside of their mouths are pitch black

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by LORDKing001: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fxwarrior:

Black mamba shocked

Go for Thanksgiving.
Stop guessing its name shu
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by LORDKing001: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Toscarel:

oga thats not a black, I'm sure you jumped to conclusion because of its colour but black mambas are actually black but mostly brown or olive in colour they get the name black mamba because the inside of their mouths are pitch black
Help me educate am. So he's not aware that some black mamba are greenish in colour

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by KingEfeThe13th: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

For heaven's sake black mamba is gray or green in color its called black mamba because inside the mouth is black
Please tell them...
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by LORDKing001: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
oluwazoba25:
no this is Forrest cobra, black mamba is gray and green and the mouth is black, that's where the name come from.
We have green colored mamba as well. Its name is derived from the inky blank color in its mouth
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by adecz: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
This is a common rat snake that
hangs around residential areas, looking
for rats, geckoes & lizards..

Its not really poisonous, but sabi
do gragra,

but no mind am, all na wash!!

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by NotFarFrom: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2019
Simplyleo:

Pls can you explain how the bolded is possible?

I mean, averagelly smooth vertical wall, not a rough surface inclined wall.
A black mamba is about 14feet long and can stand with 80% of its body length, hence it can easily scale a fence and even enter a roof. So that's how it climbs a wall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jacqueline22:

Lol look well hv change me pic
Walahi you too look alike gan. Are you on IG let me follow up then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Monkey Opens Plate Of Fruit, Eats In Style, Wows Social Media Users (photos) / The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site / Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.