Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? (68037 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / New Specie Of Pit Viper, Devil-Eyed Frog & Others Found In Bolivian Andes / Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
jaxxy:

Only when those things have considerable bumps or spots on its surface for the snake to push itself self up on. It can climb trees by wrapping itself around it.

In your mind nah.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by skyhigh14(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Please this is not a black mamba, black mambas are one of the fastest and most dangerous snakes on planet earth. It is often said that if u see and attack a black mamba it's sure death for u because it's very fast and venom kills within a minute.

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Goldicon2(m): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lol Nigerians, black mamba ko, yellow maria ni. That's no Black mamba , their are 3 mambas , green , Black and kobe Bryant the basketballer . And the black bamba is grey not Black , only inside it's mouth is black . Get your lessons straight

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2019
shocked
You're so lucky...
That's black mamba that doesn't strike its victims once.it can go for as much as 15 strikes targeting mainly the face and chest area before letting go
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by PUSSYBOY2: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
That isn't a Black Mamba, The name is Lamprophis fuliginosus or rather called African house snake and it harmless. The most deadliest snake in the world is King Cobra followed by the Black Mamba

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by maisauki: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
ask Lala na
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Jpaul4dieu: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
Plz black mamba only has a black spot in the mouth, and it's only found in d southern part of Africa, e.g South Africa . This snake here is very common, we call it Echummiri, it likes warm environment die, and mostly seen close to people's in search of heat
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by PUSSYBOY2: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
Non can be found in West afica
brainhgeek:

Well said about the species but their are black mambas in Nigeria. They have a scanty distribution pattern however in the north Eastern part of Nigeria.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by sleek82(m): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Any black snakes Nigerians see is a black mamba.....hope you know it is not called "black" mamba because if its color but because of its black mouth
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by dtrend(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=donpedro11 post=80743979]
Black mamba, one of the most dangerous snakes on the planet

And yes it climbs wall

pls, that ain't a black mamba....

a black mamba gets its name from the color of its mouth which is black.

the color of their skin is usually a shade of grey... and a shade of green for the tree mamba...
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
Blinkers:

Black mambas are only found in Southern Africa and is not that easy to kill.

That's a West African Forest Cobra. Very common in the southern part of Nigeria
Ok. Thanks. It doesn't make sense saying the identity of something is wrong but can't provide the real name. I see that snake often in my villa but don't have a clue of what is it called.

1 Like

Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by jidesp(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
mgbadike81:
Please what specie of snake is this? Is it dangerous? I killed it on the first floor of a home, apparently it entered through the veranda, is it possible for snakes to climb wall?

My brother..go to church and thank your God for saving your life.

Dude thats a black mamba...jeez!!! One bite and you are off to earth 2
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Cutiekatty: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
Its not a black mamba this is a very common black cobra mainly found in southern Nigeria
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Risingblue008(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
I don't knw d real name bt it's botanical name is cetomati snickidrinla
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by obentenyson(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

And yes it climbs wall
That's Not a black mamber. moreover black mamber are called that way not because they are black( they are actually dark gray) but because of the inside of their mouth,the lower part of it is very black.. black mamber isn't not in West Africa. it's in East Africa.. black mamber is bigger than this. black mamber is the biggest venomous African snake.. i don't know what specie this one is but it's definitely not a mamber.. and, snakes can move on walls.. as long as the wall isn't very smooth. they can easily move on it...they have tiny claws that are not visible to the eye by just mere looking
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by obentenyson(m): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fxwarrior:

Black mamba shocked

Go for Thanksgiving.
Google search black mamber images.. u will see that this isn't not a mamber.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by obentenyson(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Naughtysite:

In your mind nah.
He is right
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by obentenyson(m): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cutiekatty:
Its not a black mamba this is a very common black cobra mainly found in southern Nigeria
its neither a black mamber nor a black cobra
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by emmy9500: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
This snake is black in colour, I thought Black Mamba was brown
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by obentenyson(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
Goldicon2:
Lol Nigerians, black mamba ko, yellow maria ni. That's no Black mamba , their are 3 mambas , green , Black and kobe Bryant the basketballer . And the black bamba is grey not Black , only inside it's mouth is black . Get your lessons straight
my brother I done tire for this people. still them go dey follow person argue
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by obentenyson(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
emmy9500:
This snake is black in colour, I thought Black Mamba was brown
dark gray...
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by DedeNkem: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
This is Black Mamba, the most poisonous snake in the world. Just two drops of its venom can kill a person.

Snake can scale over a fence but there five catches;

- The fence height.
- How rough the fence surface is.
- The size of the snake.
- How high the snake can lift its head.
- A tree close to fence would easily serve as snake's ladder.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Memberclub(m): 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

And yes it climbs wall
this is not black mamba. Olodo's too full this nairaland sef
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Memberclub(m): 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
olumalcolm:
Thats a black mamba and its one of the most dangerous snakes in d world, if bitten by this deadly snake, the venom kills within 20mins. And they are good climbers if the wall aint plastered. shocked
olodo
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Etizz: 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

And yes it climbs wall

You only identify black mamba from inside the mouth...its the blackness of the mouth they call it black mamba...the snake itself is not black.... Thanks
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by kirkstin1: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
mgbadike81:
Please what specie of snake is this? Is it dangerous? I killed it on the first floor of a home, apparently it entered through the veranda, is it possible for snakes to climb wall?

That snake is within the range of 2nd most dangerous snakes in the world. I will advise u fumigate ur apartment and environs against reptiles and rodents, ASAP.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Lugianostar(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Very dangerous i must say!!!

But on a lighter mood; una village people might be on rampage but Christ pass them o!!!
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by charlsecy(m): 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
donpedro11:

Black mamba is NOT black in colour.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Toluobaeko11: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
mgbadike81:

This is a cobra, and not a black Mamba. Black mambas are not black in color, but they have a black mouth inside out.
They are not easily found found in the rain forest, but are much in the savannah. It'll be very hard to find a black mamba in southern Nigeria, it is a common snake in Eastern and southern African countries.

If you're a fan of NAT GEO WILD, you'll know a lot about these things.
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by brainhgeek(m): 9:59am On Aug 31, 2019
PUSSYBOY2:
Non can be found in West afica

They can. They are scanty in North eastern and east Nigeria but their distribution in Cameroon makes it very possible to see black mambas in Eastern and north Eastern parts of the country.
You can check their distribution on Wikipedia. On the map, their distribution covers part of eastern and north Eastern parts of Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_mamba
Re: Can Snake Climb Wall? What Specie Of Snake Is This? by olumalcolm(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2019
Memberclub:
olodo
oni sense angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Monkey Opens Plate Of Fruit, Eats In Style, Wows Social Media Users (photos) / The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site / Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.