Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry (1550 Views)

Big Daddy Camry Needed Asap / I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic / Big Daddy Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by blesseddiddy10: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2019
Good morning fellow nairalanders,

I owned and drive a Toyota Camry 2003 A.K.A Big daddy.

I am currently on a field work and my wife complained about our vehicle for school run was generating a knocking sound. So I called my longtime trusted mechanic and he is demanding a flat rate of N80k to overhaul mthe car.

To me I think this is too much of a cost. Please advise

The funny part is he has refusing to list out the parts he will use for the job and instead kept telling me he wants to do a good job for me.
Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by soberdrunk(m): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2019
cheesy cheesy "Trusted Mechanic" is an oxymoron like "Soberdrunk" and 'Honest Armedrobber', it will be very unwise to pay for what you don't know, even in the hospital your doctor will tell you what is wrong with you before billing you..... angry

4 Likes

Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by ise82(m): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2019
Mayb he wants to ring the engine. It might not be too much depending on the level of trust you have in him. If it’s knocking sound then the engine is giving a shutting down warning. You must act ASAP, so that u won’t be embarrassed.
Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by Mayor555(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Replace the engine instead, and make sure you buy 2az and not 1az.....
Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by autologic: 9:14am On Jul 30, 2019
blesseddiddy10:

I am currently on a field work and my wife complained about our vehicle for school run was generating a knocking sound. So I called my longtime trusted mechanic and he is demanding a flat rate of N80k to overhaul mthe car.

The funny part is he has refusing to list out the parts he will use for the job and instead kept telling me he wants to do a good job for me.
Any mechanic that want to work on your car however how trusted he might be owe you the detail comprehensive list of budget what he wants to use your money for even down to the workmanship .
It is important he give u full breakdown on how he want to use the 80k for .
This will ensure accountability , transparency and record keeping for future repair that will be done on your car .

1 Like

Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by blesseddiddy10: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
ise82:
Mayb he wants to ring the engine. It might not be too much depending on the level of trust you have in him. If it’s knocking sound then the engine is giving a shutting down warning. You must act ASAP, so that u won’t be embarrassed.

Thank you all for your valuable advice. @ Ise 82, he said he is changing out the compression and oil rings, grinding the valves, replace metal and ring bearings, get a new engine oil etc etc plus workmanship. I still feel uncomfortable about the whole cost anyway.
What i fear is he may not refund the balance out of honesty even if I decide to play along with him and on the other hand the inconveniences my family is passing through is untold.
Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by homeboy205: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
Best advise, continue using the knocking engine and save the 80k... Go and buy direct 2AZ engine borale(incomplete engine) it goes for nothing less than 230k cos the ring will fail and the complete goes for 260-270

blesseddiddy10:

Thank you all for your valuable advice. @ Ise 82, he said he is changing out the compression and oil rings, grinding the valves, replace metal and ring bearings, get a new engine oil etc etc plus workmanship. I still feel uncomfortable about the whole cost anyway.
What i fear is he may not refund the balance out of honesty even if I decide to play along with him and on the other hand the inconveniences my family is passing through is untold.
Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by olenyi: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
blesseddiddy10:

https://www.nairaland.com/5329359/2-units-2az-fe-engine-toyota
Re: Is 80k For Not Too Much For Overhauling Big Daddy Camry by OgaKazeem(m): 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
homeboy205:
Best advise, continue using the knocking engine and save the 80k... Go and buy direct 2AZ engine borale(incomplete engine) it goes for nothing less than 230k cos the ring will fail and the complete goes for 260-270

be like Gazuzz get cleans ones. contact him

(1) (Reply)

Which Car would you buy? / New Cars Damaged As Fence Collapses At Car Stand (video) / Mercedes C240 2004 Woes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.