Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping (1342 Views)

Zamfara To Osun: Planned Deportation Of Northern Youths Unlawful / Zamfara To Employ Ex-Bandits To Combat Killings And Kidnapping / Why APC Lost Zamfara To PDP – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2019
The Zamfara State Government on Monday said it would employ repentant bandits in the state and give them money to set up business to end banditry and its resultant killings and abductions in the state.

The state government has also agreed to disband its 8,500 civilian Joint Task Force recruited by the former governor, Alhaji Abdul Aziz Yari, as demanded by the bandits during a peace deal between the government and the repentant hoodlums.

The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Security, Alhaji Abubakar Dauran, said the government decided to employ the repentant bandits and empower some of their illiterate members because they had embraced peace. He said most of the bandits were Fulani.

Bandits have consistently attacked Zamfara towns and villages in the last five years. Yari had during a town hall meeting in Gusau, the state capital, in April said bandits had killed 3,526 persons in the state in the last five years. He had also said, “Over 13,000 hectares of farmlands were either destroyed or made useless as farmers can no longer use the lands for farming. Nearly 500 villages have also been devastated and 8,219 persons were injured, some are still in critical conditions.” But since the assumption of Governor Bello Matawalle in office, the bandits had been surrendering their arms and releasing their captives after the government engaged the hoodlums in a dialogue.

On Sunday, Matawalle in Abuja, said the bandits had freed 300 people they kidnapped. When asked if there was any agreement between the bandits and the state government, Dauran, in an interview with The PUNCH, said the bandits agreed to surrender their arms. He said, “The state government has plans to recruit those of them with relevant academic qualifications into the civil service, while others who have not gone to school will be assisted in their cattle breeding business.

“The Fulani have fully embraced the peace initiative and are now moving freely in the markets and other places that were hitherto no-go areas for them.”

According to him, the state government is going to give the bandits, who are Fulani, “some money to set up business and will also provide them with some feeds for their animals.”

Dauran added, “There was a concrete arrangement between the bandits and the state government. They (bandits) agreed to surrender and release their captives if the state government could also release their people arrested by the security agents.”

He added that the bandits asked the state government to allow their people in hideouts to come out and move freely in the state without being attacked or harassed by the volunteer groups otherwise known as “Yansakai.”

Bandits ask Zamfara to disband 8,500 civilian JTF

The governor said, “They requested the government to disband the 8,500 civilian JTF (Joint Task Force) recruited by the former governor, Alhaji Abdul Aziz Yari, as well as the volunteer groups which have been attacking and killing their people, thereby causing them to embark on reprisals against the people.” According to him, a meeting was convened between the Fulani and other groups. He said there was reconciliation after the government fulfilled its pledge and ordered the release of some bandits, while the civilian JTF and the volunteer groups were also disbanded.

According to him, the state government will soon create Ruga settlements for the Fulani where social facilities such as schools, hospitals and dams will be provided to make them comfortable. Dauran stated, “The repentant bandits have surrendered many AK47 guns and a lot of ammunition,” adding that more weapons were expected to be surrendered in the near future.

https://punchng.com/zamfara-to-employ-ex-bandits-to-combat-killings-kidnapping/
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by awetaiye2015: 9:18am On Jul 30, 2019
Devil catching demons
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2019
We must be really forgiving in this country. Now all criminals need to do is up their game to high-level, large-scale criminality resulting in massive loss of lives, bloodshed, destruction of property and voila! The government is at their feet offering all sorts of goodies and incentives to 'repentant' criminals. Nothing is said of the victims of these vile fulani criminals who invade the Nigerian space to cause mayhem.

So the government can offer civil service employment and education now? Why aren't these opportunities opened up and made accessible to citizens from Day 1? It is until they take to criminality and innocent citizens are forever affected by the actions of these criminals that the government realises what can be done right? What steps are being taken to secure our porous borders so that the 'new bandits' do not actually resume duties and wait for ruga settlement? Who is actually probing the source of their arms and ammunition and ensuring that illegal access to such weapons is blocked?

Ex-bandits are now employed to contain new bandits; ex-treasury looters being screened to become Ministers and an ex-BH member could rise to become President of Nigeria according to Army GOC. It is indeed a shame.

Meanwhile where is Tinubu that was asking for cows and trying to preserve fulani identity?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:24am On Jul 30, 2019
Very good option.

Use a thief to catch thieves.

It is done everywhere all over the world.

But trust yisrealites, they will soon start with their hate-filled warped condemnation and crooked analysis. angry
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by FarahAideed: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2019
They are turning that place to another Somalia where Warlords will become govt
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
Very good option.

But trust yisrealites, they will soon start with their hate-filled warped condemnation and crooked analysis. angry

It comes as no surprise that you will put down such crap and still decide to insult others while at your ignorant best. Well done.
Where is the place for punishment of criminals and justice for victims? You don't think that is part of governance too? Do you not also realise the dangerous implications of such patterns? What decent, right-thinking government rewards criminals with jobs and more funds like El-Rufai did in Kaduna?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Davash222(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2019
Lagos state should also employ Evans to combat kidnapping.

Isn’t it
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by FarahAideed: 9:40am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
Very good option.

Stop applauding nonsense ..this is how Somalia became lawless by using this same approach . eventually you will have pockets of Warlords governing different areas in that place
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
freeze001:

It comes as no surprise that you will put down such crap and still decide to insult others while at your ignorant best. Well done.
[/s]
Spotted as expected. They don't disappoint. cheesy
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by dunkem21(m): 9:41am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
Very good option.

We ain't complaining.. Just keep them to your regions wink
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

Stop applauding nonsense ..this is how Somalia became lawless by using this same approach . eventually you will have pockets of Warlords governing different areas in that place
[/s]
Another one spotted as expected, they don't disappoint.

Many more are coming, so many of them on the forum. cheesy

But when is your athifku finally cuming? angry
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by dunkem21(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2019
Davash222:

Isn’t it

Hahahaha grin grin 100/100
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:44am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
dunkem21:

[/s]
Last time I checked, zamfara is still not in SE, so what are you saying?
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 9:45am On Jul 30, 2019
Exactly! There should now be a ministry of kidnapping, ritual, yahoo and banditry affairs so that all 'repentant sinners' in these categories can become the new government to arrest and guard against new entrants to the trade since this is now the new normal especially in northern Nigeria.

Davash222:

Isn’t it

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by MetaPhysical: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2019
freeze001:
We must be really forgiving in this country. Now all criminals need to do is up their game to high-level, large-scale criminality resulting in massive loss of lives, bloodshed, destruction of property and voila! The government is at their feet offering all sorts of goodies and incentives to 'repentant' criminals. Nothing is said of the victims of these vile fulani criminals who invade the Nigerian space to cause mayhem.

So the government can offer civil service and education now? Why aren't these opportunities opened up and made accessible to citizens from Day 1? It is until they take to criminality and innocent citizens are forever affected by the actions of these criminals that the government realises what can be done right? What steps are being taken to secure our porous borders so that the 'new bandits' do not actually resume duties and wait for ruga settlement? Who is actually probng the source of their arms and ammunition and ensuring that illegal access to such weapons is blocked?

Ex-bandits are now employed to contain new bandits; ex-treasury looters being screened to become Ministers and an ex-BH member could rise to become President of Nigeria according to Army GOC. It is indeed a shame.

You are correct....Amnesty for criminals! Why do we even have law against crime?
bokoharam repentants were absorbed into the Nigerian Army. They became the insider that passes Army positions and activities info across to the terrorists. When bandits start to make demand on a chief security officer and their demands are met it means the state security apparatus are not dependable and must not be relied upon for protection. Repentant bandits will be recruited and placed on government payroll but they will start sabotaging government fight against active bandits and the war will escalate. These governors made very big mistake when they start meeting on negotiating table with terrorists and criminals and discussing peace with them. People that should be languishing in prison are on executive table sipping tea and eating snacks with governors to discuss rewards and incentives and a buy-out from attacks on innocent women and children in rural areas. Imagine that!
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2019
He made an emphatic statement. Why are you so butt-hurt about it?
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:48am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
freeze001:
He made an emphatic statement. Why are you so butt-hurt about it?
[/s]
Pls stop quoting me around.
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by dunkem21(m): 9:48am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

I wonder why you brought in SE to this discussion. Igbophobia I guess cheesy
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by dunkem21(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

Will you Shaaaraaap

1 Like

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by dunkem21(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

I hope you guys know this is Omenka cheesy
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Corrosiveman(m): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2019
Northerners wont know what hit them
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
dunkem21:

I wonder why you brought in SE to this discussion. Igbophobia I guess cheesy
[/s]
Same way I wonder why you brought in your region into it when it is very obvious it is not about your region. cheesy

dunkem21:

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by FarahAideed: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Another one spotted as expected, they don't disappoint.

Many more are coming, so many of them on the forum. cheesy

But when is your athifku finally cuming? angry

Even from your comment I already knew you could only be a Buharist .. I have always said one must possess and IQ of below 40 to support Buhari and I am right

1 Like

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by FarahAideed: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2019
freeze001:

So the government can offer civil service employment and education now? Why aren't these opportunities opened up and made accessible to citizens from Day 1? It is until they take to criminality and innocent citizens are forever affected by the actions of these criminals that the government realises what can be done right? What steps are being taken to secure our porous borders so that the 'new bandits' do not actually resume duties and wait for ruga settlement? Who is actually probing the source of their arms and ammunition and ensuring that illegal access to such weapons is blocked?

God bless U for this comment

1 Like

Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
dunkem21:

Will you Shaaaraaap
dunkem21:

I hope you guys know this is Omenka cheesy
[/s]
This one has started calling his god on zamfara case. cheesy

Imagine quoting same comment twice with different ramblings. grin
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 9:55am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

Even from your comment I already knew you could only be a Buharist .. I have always said one must possess and IQ of below 40 to support Buhari and I am right
[/s]
Mr IQ of 1 billion, what do you do other than remaining on nairaland insulting buhari for 24 hrs while switching monikers up and down and still claiming to be richer than bill gate?

When are you activating your salamrushidie username? grin
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Learn to read and understand before exposing your ignorance. He simply said, 'Keep it in your region', you started flexing crooked fingers to type crap and of course, you decided it was SE that would cure your craze this morning. Did he mention any other region?

Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Same way I wonder why you brought in your region into it when it is very obvious it is not about your region. cheesy
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by Simplyleo: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
freeze001:
Learn to read and understand before exposing your ignorance. He simply said, 'Keep it in your region', you started flexing crooked fingers to type crap and of course, you decided it was SE that would cure your craze this morning. Did he mention any other region?

[/s]
Did I just say you stop quoting me around? angry
Re: Zamfara To Employ Ex-bandits To Combat Killings, Kidnapping by freeze001(f): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Did I just say you stop quoting me around? angry

I started this thread and you jumped on it in your typical Igbo-hating manner so I will quote you left, right and centre if I so desire. It is in your interest to keep shut if you will not be sensible and respectful of your betters.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bokoharamchallenge: South Africans Mock Nigeria By Dressing Like Boko Haram / Buhari Allegedly Set To Marry Another Wife On Friday (photos) / The Arena Is Set For Surrounding Waters Programme At Mercy City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.