Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 (46133 Views)

Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 by wink2015(m): 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
Many people do not know the history of aircraft in Nigeria, while many thought that civilizations starts and end in Lagos, some starts in Nigeria have their fair share of the feat through. According to Jafaar Jafaar, he was able to analyse about the first flight that happened in Bauch in 1928.

Three years after the first aircraft landed in Kano, Bauchi people also had their own share of the spectacle in 1928.

In preparation for the arrival of the aircraft, an expanse of land was cleared by prisoners to serve as the aerodrome about half a mile from Bauchi.

After their long flight from Egypt, the planes made an impressive landing on the hastily improvised aerodrome before a large crowd of native chiefs, spectators and entertainers.

The first picture shows the arrival of the second plane, which made the best landing.

The second picture shows the Emir of Bauchi Yakubu Usmanu leading other traditional rulers in the province to see one of the aeroplanes immediately after landing.

The third picture shows the young Emir of Misau Ahmadu dan Tafida seated in the cockpit of one of the 'planes.

The fourth picture shows the chief mechanic of the aircraft, while the fifth and sixth pictures show drummers and entertainers at the grand event.

*The Sphere of August 25, 1928, dedicated a full page to feature the event.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bgcoeJj9TWc/XUAciwt7PJI/AAAAAAAAecE/JfQqaLxqgzk6DHZys8oB1QDIRsFcOttDwCLcBGAs/s1600/Ba1.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-5YupRCg30bI/XUAcjC6fQdI/AAAAAAAAecI/vuizTuUJ8dcRYgO_q606u1hgPAxx7K2sgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ba2.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-MVEBEgU7I18/XUAciqgX3ZI/AAAAAAAAecA/_OLd2BkT2c4KygPtj4wF8HWQ1OtSoMQDwCLcBGAs/s1600/Ba3.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ufLh7jDOM90/XUAcnf1wOtI/AAAAAAAAecM/wquhAKMFLggVB9fJeWEV7NXVI_3edsAjACLcBGAs/s1600/Ba4.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-VQSB8-JSOtg/XUAcnwB3K9I/AAAAAAAAecU/xW7Ck8n98j0RTXhRK1sQcw9d1R5qQ-kxwCLcBGAs/s1600/Ba5.png[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/the-story-of-first-aeroplanes-that.html

TRUST THE BRITISH THEY ARE NEVER TIRED OF HISTORY AND RECORD KEEPING.

See our local NTA they can not archived videos films of government function for that long due to corruption.

Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa who later became our prime minister at the time of Independence in 1960 must be a young kids then as this aeroplane land in his native Bauchi state.

I LOVE TO SEE THE FIRST PLANE THAT LANDED IN LAGOS, NIGERIA.
Re: The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 by Pcarpd(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Nigeria especially the north has always been backward-thinking and archaic.

Imagine all the most important people in a state coming out ceremoniously to see a plane land.

The year was 1928 my dear undecided
Re: The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 31, 2019
uuzba:

With your internet knowledge and android phone, what can you now do to make Africa forward?

You shouldn't be askin me that question.. The only reason why I'm still is because of my mum.. You should be blamin your grandfather's for not contributin a zilch toward the development of Africa.. #period
Re: The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 by uuzba(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Hanks0000:

You shouldn't be askin me that question.. The only reason why I'm still is because of my mum.. You should be blamin your grandfather's for not contributin a zilch toward the development of Africa.. #period
So you are some sort of baby?
A small one or an overgrown one?
I've asked you a question, if you are not man enough to answer, then the fault is with you

I use my phone, watch YouTube videos, learn about carpentry and metal work from the westerners and put that to partice and earn a living.

Your grandad was just a guy. He did what he could and face his responsibility, no light, no phone, no shoes. He was still a champion.
If you like, stay there and be pointing finger back at him and don't face your own responsibility.
Re: The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
uuzba:

So you are some sort of baby?
A small one or an overgrown one?
I've asked you a question, if you are not man enough to answer, then the fault is with you

I use my phone, watch YouTube videos, learn about carpentry and metal work from the westerners and put that to partice and earn a living.

Your grandad was just a guy. He did what he could and face his responsibility, no light, no phone, no shoes. He was still a champion.
If you like, stay there and be pointing finger back at him and don't face your own responsibility.

Baba òde..
Òpònu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How A Taxi Driver Made A Lady Depress Brake So He Can Step Out To Fight (pix) / Emmanuel Ugochukwu Stowed Away In Medview Flight Wheels From Lagos To London / Driver Cheats Death As Tree Falls On Car In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.