Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test (6428 Views)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Second Nigerian Tests Positive At Commonwealth Games / Nigerian Has Won The First Gold Of The 2010 Commonwealth Games In Delhi - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Mobinga: 11:45am On Oct 16, 2010
Now this is just SAD!!

(CNN) -- Folashade Abugan is the third Nigerian athlete to have failed a drugs test at the Commonwealth Games in India, where she won two silver medals, it was revealed on Friday.
Abugan, who came second in the women's 400 meters last week and the 4x400m relay on Tuesday, has been stripped of both of her medals after testing positive for the banned anabolic substance testosterone prohormone.
The 20-year-old, who was world junior champion in 2008, has waived her right to have her "B" sample tested, the Commonwealth Games Federation said a day after the four-yearly event finished in New Delhi.
"Folashade Abugan returned an adverse analytical finding from a test conducted on October 8, 2010, after competing in the women's 400 meter final," the CGF said in a statement.
The news comes as a blow to the Nigeria team, who were already reeling following the failed tests of both women's 100m champion Osayemi Oludamola and Samuel Okon, who came sixth in the men's 110m hurdles.
That duo tested positive for the banned stimulant methylhexanamine.
The CGF statement also said Abugan has admitted liability for the failed test, and she has been disqualified from all the events she participated in.
"Ms Abugan wrote to the CGF waiving her rights to have her "B" sample analyzed and a hearing, as provided for within the CGF Anti-Doping Standard (ADS). She also admitted liability.
"She has been disqualified from all events she participated in during the Games, with the results nullified. This includes her silver medal in the women's 400 meters.
"As she was also a member of her country's second placed 4x400m relay team, that result is also nullified."
The silver medal she obtained in the 400m will now go to Aliann Tabitha Pompey of Guyana, with Christine Amertil of the Bahamas being promoted into the bronze medal position.
England's quartet of Kelly Massey, Victoria Barr, Meghan Beesley and Nadine Okyere have been elevated to second position in the 4x400m relay, with Canada's Amonn Nelson, Adrienne Power, Vicki Tolton and Carline Muir now claiming bronze.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/10/15/commonwealth.games.nigeria.abugan/index.html
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by ifyalways(f): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2010
This is not good news.
I remember reading one of Chioma Ajunwas interview somewhere abt her reported drug usage and ban when she was saying it was "gworo"consumption that made her fail the dope test. .What do these ppl have to say now?
I hope the others yet to be tested wud come out clean.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by kosovo(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Not Far from what i expected . . . how pathetic . . .
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Azibalua(f): 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2010
Mobinga:

Now this is just SAD!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/10/15/commonwealth.games.nigeria.abugan/index.html

It's a sad thing . I hope there is no politics involved. Were they not tested before the contest. How come it's when someone wins that allegation of drug test comes. Thru ought to gave been screened out beforehand.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by otokx(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2010
How many athletes in all failed the drug test?
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by bawomolo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2010
kai fine girl like this. why is she ingesting illegal substances.

don't we do local drug testing before sending these people to international competition. we could have easily avoided embarrassment like this.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by EzeUche0(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2010
Nigeria is getting its share of bad news. Even this is becoming too much to bear.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by na2day(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2010
bawomolo:

kai fine girl like this. why is she ingesting illegal substances.

don't we do local drug testing before sending these people to international competition. we could have easily avoided embarrassment like this.

Most athletes are just
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2010
Is it possible it is in the food they are being fed?
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2010
ifyalways:

This is not good news.
I remember reading one of[b] Chioma Ajunwas interview somewhere abt her reported drug usage and ban when she was saying it was "gworo"consumption that made her fail the dope test.[/b] .What do these ppl have to say now?
I hope the others yet to be tested wud come out clean.
Rotfl. grin
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by sley4life(m): 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2010
y al dis shit. Our ladies are begining 2 disgrace us. Just a mere commonwealth they are takin drugs. What of Olympics what will dey begin to take. She tuk drugs and got silver not even gold. They shud be banned 4 life and even jailed if possible
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by na2day(m): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2010
The reward for taking drugs:

[size=16pt]Osayemi to undergo rehab in USA
Sports minister, Alhaji Issa Bio, has thrown his weight behind Damola Osayemi who failed   drug test at the India 2010 Commonwealth Games, disclosing that she would undergo rehabilitation in the United States of America (USA).
[/size]
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2010/oct/15/sports-15-10-2010-001.htm

Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by superboi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
sley for life it could have been banned sybstance from anything, ranging from food to medicated drugs. the real drug cheat are only caught by confession ala marion jones,
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by buzugee(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Mobinga: 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2010
Whats with all these unnecessary gifs??
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2010
Azibalua:

It's a sad thing . I hope there is no politics involved. Were they not tested before the contest. How come it's when someone wins that allegation of drug test comes. Thru ought to gave been screened out beforehand.

Are you really sure of that? One of the 3 that tested positive won nothing so check ur facts?
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Abi, even if na true, na India dem go catch Nigerian 419?

Something is up and I dont like it!
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by felifeli: 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2010
Which kin drug ? Na igbo dem smoke or na cocaine ? This fake Indian drug test self probably with fake equipment and expired testing substance . If say the runners use motorcycle now we go say na cheat. No be leg dem fit run ? Abeg my dear girls come back home ojare
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by bawomolo(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2010
i'm confused.

what kind of rehab is she going to?
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by shotster50(m): 1:05am On Oct 17, 2010
bawomolo:

i'm confused.

what kind of rehab is she going to?

LOL. Only in Nigeria.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by AloyEmeka5: 1:31am On Oct 17, 2010

Pretty hot druggie. We Nigerians don't do drugs. It is not our forte so, it's time they stop using all these British drug ridden  imports to represent us.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by shotster50(m): 2:19am On Oct 17, 2010
^^^^^ How do you know that?
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by SweetT1: 3:28am On Oct 17, 2010
She sure is pretty.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:46am On Oct 17, 2010
I think that somehow CNN got the wrong picture,

from all google searches for Folashade Abugan a less attractive athlete comes up,  unless she also got massive plastic surgery in addition to steroids,

[img]http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/IAAF+World+Junior+Championship+5CBaNlOFWb6l.jpg[/img]

The one in the center.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_D0_JFnqIKRU/SHu_30C-bdI/AAAAAAAACBo/tgzOpl43-bU/s400/P1040728.JPG[/img]

Once again, the one in the center.

I think they got the wrong pic. Though I would like to know who is in the picture they have up there as that woman is indeed very pretty (better than Nigeria's candidate in the Miss World competition, for sure).
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by chic2pimp(m): 4:25am On Oct 17, 2010
Mobinga:

Dude stop posting the wrong pics. That ain't Folasade. Stop doing her a disservice,she ain't that pretty. Infact she could be mistaken for a man.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by MUZBO(m): 8:16am On Oct 17, 2010
Great!! Now the thread is about to turn to 'who is in the picture'. Maybe its the Indians supplying the wrong pictures, how then cant they get false results? . . .just consoling myself!
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by bkbabe97y(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2010
lol. Yo, the other dude biyytch is mad fugly, kid!
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by na2day(m): 9:32am On Oct 17, 2010
Guys no derail d thread o!

grin grin grin
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Mobinga: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2010
Tell CNN that
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Litmus: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2010
Whatever they accuse the Nigerian athletes of  taking we can do nothing about it. From moon dust to crushed seaweed, we're powerless and that is a fact. Skepticism is the only power we can have as a people right now.

If Bolt was a Nigerian they'd have accused him of drugs and if it was a false accusation we would not have been able to prove otherwise. We have no power whats so ever.

We should be worrying more about our powerlessness than all the, most likely stitched up athletes.

If today Oyibo begin to permit white and Asian athletes to take drugs secretively  but closely monitor black athletes what could you or i do about it?

If tomorrow white and Asian athletes  suddenly start wining everything in track and filed because they are being allowed drugs and black athletes denied what can you or I do about it?

We have no power. What oyibo says goes, full stop. At the moment we blacks operate on fate that the system is fare and just but that's the extent of it.

Primitive people can do extraordinary things. We have many such people in Nigeria and Africa. We could go to the remotest village and get a man or woman that runs faster than antelope. Take this person, pure as you like and place him or her on a Olympic  track, they run so fast and break world record or just win. If Oyibo lab says the person took drugs you or i would only argue but in the final analysis what the Oyibo and his labs says that is what the world will believe.   

these bastards will use this their unchallengeable  systems and positions f power to destroy promising up-and-coming Nigerian Athletes  before they even begin and prevent them form posing a threat to the established powers and stars of track & field,  watch and see.
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2010
Litmus:
Whatever they accuse the Nigerian athletes of  taking we can do nothing about it. From moon dust to crushed seaweed, we're powerless and that is a fact. Skepticism is the only power we can have as a people right now. If Bolt was a Nigerian they'd have accused him of drugs and if it was a false accusation we would not have been able to prove otherwise. We have no power whats so ever.We should be worrying more about our powerlessness than all the, most likely stitched up athletes.
If today Oyibo begin to permit white and Asian athletes to take drugs secretively  but closely monitor black athletes what could you or i do about it?
If tomorrow white and Asian athletes  suddenly start wining everything in track and filed because they are being allowed drugs and black athletes denied what can you or I do about it?We have no power. What oyibo says goes, full stop. At the moment we blacks operate on fate that the system is fare and just but that's the extent of it.Primitive people can do extraordinary things. We have many such people in Nigeria and Africa. We could go to the remotest village and get a man or woman that runs faster than antelope. Take this person, pure as you like and place him or her on a Olympic  track, they run so fast and break world record or just win. If Oyibo lab says the person took drugs you or i would only argue but in the final analysis what the Oyibo and his labs says that is what the world will believe. these bastards will use this their unchallengeable  systems and positions f power to destroy promising up-and-coming Nigerian Athletes  before they even begin and prevent them form posing a threat to the established powers and stars of track & field,  watch and see.
You are talking alot of gibberish, stop feeling sorry for urself and face the reality. Have the individuals concerned denied taking drug? Haven't high profile American and UK athletes been tested and banned b4?
Re: C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test by Builder: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2010
hmmm, Nigeria!!! what a sad country with shameful people representing her, Even that old fool, the so called nff chairman adamu was implicated in trying to flog tthe bid for the 2018 world cup, the fool wants to get half a million dollars for his vote, which kind fcukinggg country nigeria be sef, na by force to obtain money?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mesut Ozil Vs Paul Pogba ( Who Is Better???) / I Bet Many People Didn't See This During The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match / Double Impact: Meet Marouane Fellaini's Twin Brother! (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.