Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs (491 Views)

Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by Menesira(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nairaland mods I'm sorry � if this is the wrong section to post this.. I was hoping to see a section tagged 'ADVICE' But couldn't find any..

Good afternoon distinguished ladies and gentlemen.. Please forgive any typo, totology, wrong grammatical expression and errors in this post.. Im typing this in a hurry cos I dnt really have time on my side

I'm a youth corp member currently serving in one of the Nigerian states and I have an issue I want the good people of nairaland to help me address.
I will love to keep My identity anonymous since I don't know if any of my employees might be reading this.
Please I'll appreciate ur honest response and cos this is where I see most issues being ironed out and this is beyond just me taking up any decision

For a while now I've been searching for a place of primary assignment but that ended yesterday. God did it for me and I got double but I don't knw the one I'm to go with
Here are the two options

The first place is a construction company that deals mostly on estate development but here are my conditions. I have to work Monday to Saturday since I have 1 free day for my cds within the week I.E five working days in a week. But I'll be given accommodation and mostly I'm to supervise construction activities on the site
The second one is also a construction company that deals mostly construction of telecoms. They also construct residential houses. I will say 80% telecoms. I have to work Monday to Friday and also have a free day for my cds that is to say four working days in a week but no accommodation..

Talking about the pay
I'll be having the same pay in both.. Yes Maybe you might be confuse why I have to contemplate since the other offers accommodation and has an edge over the second but the very thing tripping me about the second is I can get the opportunity to do some design. Talking about structural design which is wht I wnt to do most cos I'm a graduate in civil engineering discipline.. I mean I love anything that has to do with design.. Sit down on the computer, draft something and watch it been built..

Please I really need you people's advise and it's very urgent like I don't have enough time to think through since both called me 29th and I have to commemce duty almost immediately being 1st of next month and have to give them a feedback tomorrow.. I will appreciate every piece of advice. It will go a long way
cos I believe this it where it will start for me. Talking about my career and I'm trying not to make any mistakes
Thank you
Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by SUPERPACK: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Follow your heart desires.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by Bynz: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
Choose the second one that comes with accommodation four working days and affords u the opportunity to learn and do ur design. You can even take up a professional course on ur free day n weekends too.

As a Corp member accommodation is vital n yours comes free, luck u! u can use ur pay for other meaningful program.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by Menesira(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
Bynz:
Choose the second one that comes with accommodation four working days and affords u the opportunity to learn and do ur design. You can even take up a professional course on ur free day n weekends too.

As a Corp member accommodation is vital n yours comes free, luck u! u can use ur pay for other meaningful program.

The second one doesn't come with accommodation..
Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by walexmini(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
Go with the second option... It's better than working weekends.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by Umunna042: 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
Good evening all. Please I need an assistance, this is my first time of joining the group I heard an info about A real estate in Lagos called Nedcomoaks real estate I don't know how real and if the said address of there office at 26B Beta estate off UBA Bank road. Chevron drive lekki is true?
Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by pocohantas(f): 3:10am On Jul 31, 2019
Which one would most likely retain you?

cheesy
Re: I'm Having Difficulties Choosing Between These 2 Jobs by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 31, 2019
pocohantas:
Which one would most likely retain you?

cheesy

Hmmmm. Too little sleep will reduce your cognition

(1) (Reply)

50" Samsung Smart Flat Uhd Hdr Ultra High Definition 4k Tv / Want To Import Turkish Wears? Drop In Here / Urgent Advice: Asides ICAN Nd CIPM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.