Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,902 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (21302 Views)

School In Edo Where Pupils Sit On Bare Floor, Mats (Photos) / Ogun School Where Pupils Learn Under Mango Tree Despite N30M Allocation / Classroom Under A Tree In Kwara Where Pupils Are Taking A Nap (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by hebraheem20(m): 7:53am On Jul 31, 2019
Ok
Buy your data at cheaper rate all network
Check my signature
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by basty: 7:54am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

My ancestors sat under trees.
They had no roof to block the rain or the sun.
That is why you are where you are today
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:56am On Jul 31, 2019
Ipod Amaka

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Afamed: 7:57am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:
E full for Kaduna and other northern states.
You should be ashamed of yourself covering one mediocrity with another mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

I wonder what you're thinking when you type ds poo. So because your ancestors sat under a tree so others should follow their trend eeh... I m sorry for your next generation, maybe dey should follow your ancestors way of life and mentality since modern way of life is an abomination to una
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by spafu(m): 8:00am On Jul 31, 2019
360degreess:
...Don't divert from the main issue.. Akwaibom is among the top 3 States that receives the highest allocation from FG..it is also a oil producing state
Kaduna and others northern state don't produce a single drop of oil yet receive federal allocation from the oil revenue, and yet have schools with no desk for pupils and in most cases no teachers. I had my primary and secondary in Kaduna.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by toxicbrain: 8:02am On Jul 31, 2019
Naijafull19:
On a more serious note, there's two ways of solving this problem

1.Increase education spending....which means parents may have to pay increased taxes OR

2.Increase the fees for the school

Either way, the solution is not easy.

This is akwa ibom you are talking about here! Have you checked the size of their monthly federal allocation? What they receive is enough to give them top tier educatio in the primary and secondary section.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 31, 2019
toxicbrain:

This is akwa ibom you are talking about here! Have you checked the size of their monthly federal allocation? What they receive is enough to give them top tier educatio in the primary and secondary section.

Yes, they do get a lot from the government, and yes, they are an oil priducing state...but then again, the oil money too is falling in amount doe to chronically low oil prices.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by TAO11(f): 8:05am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:

Let's talk about this one in peace.

When a post comes up about the kaduna's case (among other northern states), then and there we shall discuss those.

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by flowx(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2019
post=80793554:
WHAT A BIG SHAME!

Kakakakakakakaka!!!

You're welcome back...

A ti n'reti re o; kabo, se dada l'ode?

Back to the topic:

Bubu influence!

Bubu never mean well for this RUGAslavia country.

, I really missed you. Once again, welcome back!
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Abogwara: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2019
Every State has this challenge but what matters is efforts being made to reduce them. What is Udom Emmanuel's policy on renovation and rebuilding of schools?

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by flowx(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2019
post=80793569:
imagine the mentality of wailers.
Shame on you all!

They will be the one saying because someone in another party stole, people in other parties that did the same should not be probed!

Hypocrites!
Big shame on y'all!

So you don't know that BUBU region remain the most backward region in this RUGAslavia Republic?

Shame on you!
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:
Modified:
For those of you quoting me, I had my primary education at LEA Ungwan Rimi, Kaduna and my secondary education at Rimi College also in Kaduna. I can remember, a chap called Sani, who was my mate from primary one and we met again at SS 1, and he was among those who could not read. Myself it was the grace of God and my mother's personal effort, that I learnt to read.
I am still resident in Kaduna. So if you know of what is happening in Akwa Ibom, I am not based there, where I am based and have my headache, is where I have pointed out. I also sat on the bear floor many years ago, and to still see pupils repeating the same thing I went through must be a shame to Hell-Rufai and his acclaimed performance in governance.

Yes we know...but this isn't a thread about schools in Kaduna state...this is a thread about schools in Akwa Ibom state.

Enough with the whataboutery please.

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2019
flowx:

So you don't know that BUBU region remain the most backward region in this RUGAslavia Republic?

Shame on you!

So the backwardness in Bubu's Katsina state excuses the backwardness in a state whose income is much higher than that of Katsina state?

Shame on you. And yes, the North has issues...however this is a thread on Akwa Ibom state schools. Not Ruga or Katsina schools (which are bad yes...).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by spafu(m): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2019
Naijafull19:

Yes we know...but this isn't a thread about schools in Kaduna state...this is a thread about schools in Akwa Ibom state.

Enough with the whataboutery please.
Keep talking about your Akwa Ibom own, me na Kaduna I go talk, in case help is on the way, make Kaduna also benefit.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:

Keep talking about your Akwa Ibom own, me na Kaduna I go talk, in case help is on the way, make Kaduna also benefit.

Open your own thread then.

We can't be pretending that Northern issues make Southern issues non-existent.

Akwa Ibom has a lot of work to do, as do other states.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by spafu(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2019
Naijafull19:

Open your own thread then.

We can't be pretending that Northern issues make Southern issues non-existent.

Akwa Ibom has a lot of work to do, as do other states.

Thanks.
Open the thread on my behalf, thanks in advance.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Valleys(m): 8:38am On Jul 31, 2019
Even though I believe it's government's responsibilities to provide these basic things, i ask, what happened to community effort? I asked because in my time in primary school, we once stayed under the tree to learn. In my village(no electricity and road) the adults normally contribute some money to provide some of these basics. In fact that effort has propelled my small village to produce doctors, first class engineers and many elite members of the society. As I speak no electricity and road network in that "primitive village".
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by XhosaNostra(f): 8:51am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

Are you aware this is not normal anywhere else, except in your own mind? Even prisoners have chairs & tables, so why should innocent children be made to sit on a cold, concrete floor?

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by kuuljay(m): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2019
You see that slowpoke that said his ancestors also sat on the floor,he is obviously from that state or region,and if the news was coming from another place he will tell you they are the reason why Nigeria is backward and he is poor,that's the way an average Nigerian from certain parts reason, Hippocrates!!!
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by adekola14: 9:15am On Jul 31, 2019
May god help us in this country

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Willgates(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

You're a stupid person. I know you know that.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by chukxy44(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2019
What happened to all the E-worries and activist. This one would not trend now
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by joepepsy(m): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2019
Are you trying to funny?
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by salt1: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2019
I don't support sitting on the floor.
But the classroom is clean
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by maasoap(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2019
Shame on Akwa Ibom state successful governments and the residents. This is a state with the highest monthly allocations from the federal purse. Do you know that Akwa Ibom state monthly allocation is 10 times bigger than that of Osun State, that's even before any deduction for debt servicing? And both states have approximately the same population! Do you know that Osun State has lower unemployment rate than Akwa Ibom state?
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by maasoap(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2019
360degreess:
...Don't divert from the main issue.. Akwaibom is among the top 3 States that receives the highest allocation from FG..it is also a oil producing state

Akwa Ibom state is the state with the highest monthly allocation in the country
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by candygist: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

So you expect them to continue this way in 2019 (21century ) ? Y
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by candygist: 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2019
Amehdgreat01:
Let the headmaster compel the parents to provide the seats for their children, because I guess they are not paying school fee, but if they are waiting for government, then they should wait till 2023 campaign
See the kind of people we have in Nigeria. Why is it called a government school in the first place and what is the duty of the state govt?

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Pat081: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
bankolefun:

No wonder you are still reasoning lyk ur ancestors ..wake up guy this is 2019!! The world is revolving!! We need move on.
Is that time not better then this 2019 we are ni bros
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Pat081: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2019
candygist:

See the kind of people we have in Nigeria. Why is it called a government school in the first place and what is the duty of the state govt?
Please tell him oooo we vote for them to do all this and not to carry our money go overseas

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Escaped Chibok Girls Admitted Into AUN Academy On Scholarship / Video: Nigerian Man With Vagina And Penis Caught In Edo State / Photos From Unilorin Students' Union Election Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.