Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' (12303 Views)

Fact Check: Did APC Hold Presidential Screening As Okorocha Claimed During Raid? / Photos Of Tinubu At The Ministerial Swearing-In / The Ministerial List And The Long Wait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Abdulazeez99: 5:59am On Jul 31, 2019
Former Minister of Aviation Femi Fani-Kayode has berated the confirmation of all the 43 ministerial nominees by the Nigerian Senate.

Igbere TV recalls that the confirmation was concluded earlier on Tuesday after the conclusion of the screening conducted by the upper chamber.

Fani-Kayode who made his view known through his twitter handle described the exercise a pitiful joke

Read his tweet below;

“When I was nominated to be a Minister by OBJ 13 years ago in 2006 I was screened by the Senate for no less than two hours and thirty gruelling and very difficult minutes on live television. There is no question that they did not ask me and there is none that I did not answer.”

“In those days days the Senate had great men and powerful intellectuals in its ranks. What we see today in the name of Ministerial screening is a pitiful joke. "Smile, show your teeth, bow and go" is NOT screening: it is a crass display of comic relief which is far below the Senate,” he added.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/861559/just-in-femi-fani-kayode-describes-the-ministerial-screening-as-a-pitiful-joke/

18 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by emilas1979(m): 6:48am On Jul 31, 2019
Well said
Abdulazeez99:
Former Minister of Aviation Femi Fani-Kayode has berated the confirmation of all the 43 ministerial nominees by the Nigerian Senate.

Igbere TV recalls that the confirmation was concluded earlier on Tuesday after the conclusion of the screening conducted by the upper chamber.

Fani-Kayode who made his view known through his twitter handle described the exercise a pitiful joke

Read his tweet below;

“When I was nominated to be a Minister by OBJ 13 years ago in 2006 I was screened by the Senate for no less than two hours and thirty gruelling and very difficult minutes on live television. There is no question that they did not ask me and there is none that I did not answer.”

“In those days days the Senate had great men and powerful intellectuals in its ranks. What we see today in the name of Ministerial screening is a pitiful joke. "Smile, show your teeth, bow and go" is NOT screening: it is a crass display of comic relief which is far below the Senate,” he added.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/861559/just-in-femi-fani-kayode-describes-the-ministerial-screening-as-a-pitiful-joke/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

8 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Oche211(m): 6:57am On Jul 31, 2019
Mr Femi Fani Kayode, thank you for your opinion. You can now take a bow and go

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by backnbeta(f): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2019
The whole country is a pitiful joke; from the electoral process itself to the judiciary to the executive and every every... it's all a joke.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by aolawale025: 7:11am On Jul 31, 2019
What can possibly be done by a rubber stamp assembly

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Formularcr7: 7:12am On Jul 31, 2019
Always reacting

8 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
mumu man. dis one go always react sha.foolish thief, minister of aviation wey chop our yam and run down Nigeria airways.
Make somebody borrow us dat picture abeg.

thank you grin
See him cow mouth

vision2050:
He should shut up. He is part of the problem_ he even blocked me for telling him the truth.
no mind d thief.
him block me too

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by GOFRONT(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
grin

Nigeria remains a joke till this day...

5 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by nanauju(f): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by pyro62(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Kayode is right on this one. Why would the Senate trivialise screening of MINISTERS this way? I believe even if the person has any current portfolio, it's not a criteria that they should be exempted from screening. Must everything in this nation keep depicting shithole See nonsense o

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Yankiss(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
I quite agree with FFK on this one. We don't even know the portfolios so what are we screening? A Minister of Health could have been asked to bow and go just like that, either because of being a faithful party man or ex-senator, or in some crass situations, that she was beautiful. Nigeria, how did we get here? The country is a huge joke!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by whytediamond(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
One step forward, 10 steps backward. NAIJA I hail o

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by eben1marketer: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2019
shocked
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Rapmoney(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2019
The screening was worse than a joke; it was a huge bunch of disappointment!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2019
What do you expect from a rubber stamp Senate

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by karnafiu03(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2019
Don't tell us how they screened you.....tell us what you did as a minister

Birds of the same feather!

When u are done with ur blabbing....

TAKE A BOW AND GO!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Kylekent59: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
TheGreenLand:
mumu man

He is saying the fact. Support the truth for once.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Advantaged1: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
No be joke oh.

Jesus Christ died for your sins and He wishes that you come to repentance. Just believe in Him and confess His lordship over your life, salvation is yours.

Because e no go funny if you look this post waka pass think say na joke. The vex when God get for world people never ripe and so we dey beg everybody make them come know this JESUS christ so that we go fit escape this Vex wen dey come.

God love you. E no want make anybody experience e vex na im make e tell us say make we tell you say 'Believe JESUS today.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by AjayOfficial(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
U are correctly correct Sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by vision2050: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
He should shut up. He is part of the problem_ he even blocked me for telling him the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by slimfit1(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
Uncle Femo you go just talk sha, like me we are talkative.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by w1sEmAn: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
Oche211:
Mr Femi Fani Kayode, thank you for your opinion.
You can now take a bow and go

you you bad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by babadeee(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
grin angry anybody that still take Nigeria Issues on is head and still thinking there will be hope, is a day dreamer cheesy grin especially under this Snail wey dey Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by landforeast(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2019
No be lie
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2019
Kylekent59:

He is saying the fact. Support the truth for once.
shut up supporter of thieves

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Kendumazy(m): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2019
Very true. I enjoyed Festus keyamo screening though. The man will be very good as a lecturer.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale.
Check link below for more details
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Yinxies(f): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2019
Na really pitiful joke
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by Dpharisee: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2019
Its really a joke, even in our departmental or SUG elections in school, students go through rigorous debates about the positions they are seeking to occupy not to talk of a country appointing Ministers who come for screening without knowing which Ministry they will be appointed into and if its in line with their areas of strength in 2019.

The country as it stands now lacks governance and we just sleep and wake without knowing which way the country is heading, we open Nairaland and search for whom we would abuse as Zombie, IPOB, Afonja, etc.

We log in to another social media and tell Funke, Ngozi or Hadiza how beautiful she looks in her new selfie and imagining what we can do with those beautiful breasts on her chest, meanwhile we have just finished insulting her people under a fake name moniker on Nairaland.
I just taya for everybody in this country, its like we are all going MAAAAAAD grrrrhhh angry angry angry angry >:

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' by davibid: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2019
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Fights Back, But Threat Of $9 Bln Penalty Looms-Reuters / Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) / 2015: Politicians With Criminal Recordwill Not Be Allowed – IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.