Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo (15821 Views)

2023: I’m Most Experienced To Tackle Nation’s Myriad Problems — Osinbajo / Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem / President Seriously Concerned With Lockdown Problems - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Unrated900(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2019
I support the break up

Because without break ups some people, name with-held let me say from the east will go and do drugs in Asian country and they will tagged them Nigerians

Hence they keep spoiling the reputation of we Nigerians who are legit.

American government has stopped given visas to Nigerians because of what our brother in the eastern part has been doing in all over the world

Drugs everywhere yahoo yahoo in Malaysia and more unreal business.

If there is breaks ups

We will be able to differentiate Biafra oduduwa and others

Then American embassy in Nigeria will start issuing visas to anyone they like instead of using one eastern man’s crime to punish the whole people

Don’t insult me please am just bringing a point

If you do you will get it back

Say no to tribalism

Three Nigerian
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2019
Osibanjo is a hyporcrite, liar and a crook.

Breaking up is the ONLY SOLUTION!!

Nigeria is a vast country with more than 300 million people and more than 200 languages and ethnics...

Some countries have only 30 to 40, maybe 50 million population and they still managed to make a country.

Nigeria is 3, 4 maybe even 5 countries IN ONE! Division will be the only solution.

4 Likes

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Kayouzka(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2019
SoNature:
It will take an extremely intelligent people to have a population of nearly 200 million and still prosper.

Nigerians are neither talented nor smart..what thrives in this country is negative energy that is embellished in religion.

With all the proceeds from crude oil, Nigeria is still the world's poverty capital. When the oil runs dry or become completely useless, that's when Nigerians will start eating one another to survive.

It's high time we stopped fooling ourselves, thinking that this country is making progress.

Since 1960 to date, Nigeria hasn't been able to solve any of her major problem. What we have seen is that the problems keep piling up. I just hope that my generation will not witness the worst of Nigeria because it will definitely happen.

Dear Nigerian leaders, save the futures of these millions of people that late Lord Lugard greedily lumped together. Black Africans have proven not to be smart in the leadership circus. Nigeria is too complicated for one man to lead. If you cannot restructure, let's split peacefully.

Word of wisdom

You have my like

5 Likes

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Grupo(m): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2019
Unrated900:
I support the break up

Because without break ups some people, name with-held let me say from the east will go and do drugs in Asian country and they will tagged them Nigerians

Hence they keep spoiling the reputation of we Nigerians who are legit.

American government has stopped given visas to Nigerians because of what our brother in the eastern part has been doing in all over the world

Drugs everywhere yahoo yahoo in Malaysia and more unreal business.

If there is breaks ups

We will be able to differentiate Biafra oduduwa and others

Then American embassy in Nigeria will start issuing visas to anyone they like instead of using one eastern man’s crime to punish the whole people

Don’t insult me please am just bringing a point

If you do you will get it back

Say no to tribalism

Three Nigerian

Lol. See how you stylishly absolved your brothers of crime.

Are you aware that the US doesn't recognize Nigeria as a country that does drugs on a grand scale.

But all over the world, people think Nigerians are scammers. Now, tell me who are the champions of online scam in Nigeria.

Yorubas are the originators and promoters of online scam. And because of them, people all over the world now thinks that all Nigerians are scammers and that's why they are not giving us visa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Ibrahim6535454: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2019
[quote author=Corrosiveman post=80792325]I Disagree
Break up is the Only solution
Remember when the government said an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North.
Now we have Shittes
Very soon Saudi Arabia and Iran would be
fighting a war in Nigeria via Proxy
If the government says no to restructuring then Break up ,

you know nothing man
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Ikpongiton: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2019
seguno2:

A very long way.
break up is the only way out.

1 Like

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by castrokins(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2019
Let's Just Try It First, Oga.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Iscaba: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2019
Let us do away with unitary and go back to regional system of government. Other countries are practising it and doing well with it. Regional governments ought not have been discarded for unitary one because unitary government, brought in by the military, was for selfish purpose because one tribe planned a coup and came up with unitary system of government to gain monopoly of governance of the nation, while another tribe/group executed a counter-coup and decided to retain the unitary system of government for themselves for the same selfish reason the first coupists did, making it a case of" what is good for the gander is also good for the geese". A true federal government with federating regions, developing at their own pace is what we need and not a unitary form of government where a tribe is lording it over others. Outright breaking away may not augur well for Nigeria as the new countries so created may start fighting one another out of jealousy I believe that Nigeria will be best positioned to protect itself from external aggression and has the potentials to be one of the most developed countries in the world، if it goes back to a federal system of government.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 31, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:
When a problem is complex, you simplify it by breaking it down

You must be smart.

That's how to solve problems.

1 Like

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by nextnear(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2019
Pamatips:

The Vice-President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, has said there is no truth in the thinking that the different regions of the country would prosper individually if the country breaks up.

He said Nigeria needed to learn from the example of Sudan, which split into northern and southern Sudan in the belief that that was the solution to the country’s internal strife.

Also citing the case of Somalia, the Vice-President argued that the fact that people speak the same language and practice the same religion was no guarantee that they would live in harmony.

The Vice-President spoke in Lagos on Tuesday at the 70th anniversary lecture of the Lagos Country Club.

He spoke on the theme, ‘Promoting national cohesion as a means of promoting progress and prosperity.’

Osinbajo, while pointing out that diversity could either be a trigger for conflict or a fountain of prosperity and progress, urged Nigerians to embrace the latter like the United States of America, which exploited diversity to its advantage.

He said, “The truth is that any group that suggests that its destiny is outside Nigeria and so must separate to achieve its ambitions will find out soon enough that even within that group there are many little splinters, factions waiting to cut the pie into even smaller pieces, hoping that by doing so, they will eat a large piece.

“The mere fact that we all speak the same language or belong to the same tribe does not mean that there will not be strife; and in the same way, the mere fact that we all speak different languages or belong to different tribes and religions does not mean we will strive.”

Osibanjo regretted that as a result of weak law enforcement and justice institutions, divisive narratives had gained ground in the country.

To reverse this trend, he said the institutions must be strengthened to assure Nigerians of security anywhere they lived.

He added, “The challenge is dynamic and our approach must also be dynamic. That is why I believe that state police in a large and diverse federation is an imperative. However, we know that the creation of state police requires constitutional amendment. In the interim, the Federal Government has approved community policing, as an option. A component of that is that the new approach to police recruitment is that policemen will be recruited in each local government and after training, they will be required to remain in their local government.”

In another development, Osinbajo said the Federal Government must win its fight against human trafficking.

The vice president, who said the government was concerned about the youth and the dangers of trafficking, added that sexual offences were abominations to God and man and the government had established the sexual offenders’ register.

He spoke on Tuesday in Abuja at a public lecture on the 2019 World Day against Human Trafficking.

The lecture was hosted by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and other related offences with the theme, ‘Human Trafficking: Call your government to action.’

Osinbajo said, “Human trafficking is a clear and present danger which confronts all nations in the world either as a source, transit or destination country. It is therefore pertinent that the efforts to combat it should be wholesome.”

Source: https://punchng.com/break-up-not-solution-to-nigerias-problems-osinbajo/
with due respect to him, but I will continue to pray for the eventual break up, its already imminent.
Just brace yourself Mr. Vice president, Nigeria will soon divide and I hope it will be in my own time.

2 Likes

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2019
nextnear:
with due respect to him, but I will continue to pray for the eventual break up, its already imminent.
Just brace yourself Mr. Vice president, Nigeria will soon divide and I hope it will be in my own time.

I pray it comes before next election can't wait.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by TommyAnthem(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2019
Let's renegotiate our union-NO
Let's restructure the union-NO
Let's have resource control-NO
Let's go our separate ways-NO
Let's have a workable conversation-NO
Let's obey court oders-NO
Let's respect our circular status-NO
Let's respect rule of law-NO
WHICH WAY NIGERIA!

3 Likes

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by gidgiddy: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2019

He said Nigeria needed to learn from the example of Sudan, which split into northern and southern Sudan in the belief that that was the solution to the country’s internal strife.

Why not use the example of Czechoslovakia that split into Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia with no problems
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Petex83: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2019
this puppet of a VP should stop talking on national daily
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Ikpongiton: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2019
KingOdart:

Even within Nigeria some Igbo are fighting for their own different communities, writing to state government

I can only imagine what will be happening after you successfully secede from Nigeria
na that one be your problem.e consign you?
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by TommyAnthem(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2019
Na wa for u, why are you revealing all this to them, it sounds very scary.
Grupo:

If you will remain the best beneficiaries after the break up, then why are you all so afraid of it to the extent that you almost shit in your pants when it is mentioned?

Let me tell you why the Yoruba is so afraid of break up.

They know that if Igbo should leave today, invariably south south would leave too.

Now, all the IOCs that generate almost all the IGR through taxes that Yorubas make noise with will leave as well. They will all relocate their head quarters to the niger delta.

Also, the Lagos port which is made busy by the Igbos via their importation business will become almost non functional. The IGR that the port generates will reduce drastically.

When all these IGRs stop coming and "oyel money" stops coming too, the Yoruba will become as poor as their northern partners in crime.

The above is the only reason Yorubas are so afraid of break up.

3 Likes

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Lugianostar(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2019
Break up will be the only option if the on-going nepotism against the South East and South South isn't stop as juicy appointments are only given to the Northern and the Western regions?

We are not happy the way things are been done any longer...!

I blame our so called leaders for their clueless and selfish ideology.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by famzynet: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2019
Nigeria can never move forward with the tribal war between north and south. Break up will solve a lot of problem. Or restructure and let every part manage themselves. What have we achieved being together. Backwardness.Break up Nigeria and see how the regions will competitively grow.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Honor10: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2019
aolawale025:
Keep slaving for Fulani

It is the same slave position that ur obiliar couldn't get with ur 5% votes
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by rozayx5(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2019
this scammer pastor who does not even believe in the educational system of the country he so much 'loves'

the joke is on his followers anyway

when time come naija go still scatter

what we have now na oil unity

if this oil was up north naija wud be history

1 Like

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by TommyAnthem(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2019
Why should he site the US as a reference, everyone knows that US is a confederation with each State having it's own laws, is that what we have here in Nigeria?
Kahujadekadura:
Is is dat man u called ur VP not citing USSR for an instance. D America he is citing was once under great Britain but later disintegrate and yet dey are prospering. So make dat man shut up
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Emmasnoop(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2019
Mad man
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2019
SoNature:
It will take an extremely intelligent people to have a population of nearly 200 million and still prosper.

Nigerians are neither talented nor smart..what thrives in this country is negative energy that is embellished in religion.

With all the proceeds from crude oil, Nigeria is still the world's poverty capital. When the oil runs dry or become completely useless, that's when Nigerians will start eating one another to survive.

It's high time we stopped fooling ourselves, thinking that this country is making progress.

Since 1960 to date, Nigeria hasn't been able to solve any of her major problem. What we have seen is that the problems keep piling up. I just hope that my generation will not witness the worst of Nigeria because it will definitely happen.

Dear Nigerian leaders, save the futures of these millions of people that late Lord Lugard greedily lumped together. Black Africans have proven not to be smart in the leadership circus. Nigeria is too complicated for one man to lead. If you cannot restructure, let's split peacefully.
Absolutely! %100000000 correct!!
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by ZADDY001: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2019
The only government official I am proud of in Nigeria
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by gwarotango: 11:47am On Jul 31, 2019
orunto27:
Amend The Exclusive List. Limit FG to Liaison for Foreign Affairs only.
No nation in the world operates like that.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by UncleJudax(m): 11:52am On Jul 31, 2019
How you take know? undecided
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 31, 2019
SoNature:

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by philos(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2019
In Christian Theology, the sin against the Holy Spirit (which the Bible says cannot be forgiven) means the deliberate bare faced denial of a well known truth, even in the full glare of overwhelming evidence.
This 'ex pastor' of a VP has committed a 'Sin against the Holy Spirit'! He can never be forgiven neither in this life nor in the life to come.
He knows the truth, but because of his status as a FULANI life slave, he denies that the solution to the Nigerian question is break up.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
The youths have a lot to do. Please do it well.
Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by dododawa1: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
SoNature:

aboila and zik

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Erastuslove: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2019
seguno2:

Is he still a pastor?
I understand that he was suspended secretly. lipsrsealed
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin MEANING HE FAILED IF SUSPENDED NI
, PRAY FOR HIM O

1 Like

Re: Break-up Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems — Osinbajo by Reference(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
I totally agree with you sir....to continue in this mess must be better abi.

They never profer any solution but continue shutting the doors of anyone seeking something better.

Crab mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obafemi Hamzat Debunks Alleged Overnight Arrest Of EndSARS Protesters In Lagos / Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million / MASSOB Will Soon Declare War On North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.