Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem (13429 Views)

Secession Not Solution To Nigeria's Problem - Gbajabiamila, Peter Obi Says / Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by afroniger: 12:40pm On May 24, 2021
AFENIFERE leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, on Sunday said he does not want secession but cannot stay under the current constitution the country operates.

Adebanjo made this known during a zoom event as he described the 1999 Constitution as fraudulent, calling for a new one, while reiterating that restructuring will solve all insecurity issues in the country.

The Afenifere chieftain, while answering questions raised by some of the participants at the event, lamented that those who are supposed to be in position of arresting killer-herdsmen are the ones protecting them.

“I don’t want secession but I won’t stay in Nigeria under this constitution. The governors have no powers over the police. The moment you have a regional autonomy which we had done in the Western Region earlier, everything will fall in place.

“This constitution is a fraudulent constitution. The restructuring that I have been championing will attend to all the insecurity issues you are talking about,” Adebanjo stated.

Also speaking, Executive Director, Awolowo Foundation, Ambassador Tokunbo Awolowo Dosumu, admonished the agitators of Yoruba nation to listen to the advice of the Afenifere leader.

She asked the agitators to articulate the challenges and draw spiritual strength from Pa Adebanjo, adding that the agitation of the Afenifere group for a better Nigeria would have been achieved all these years if the current zeal attached to self determination had been deployed.

“My advice is that those who are so determined to leave Nigeria, Baba Adebanjo has said what needs to be said.

“The self-determination agitators should articulate those challenges and draw spiritual strength from him. We hear what has been said and what has not been said.

“I wish that the zeal attached to self-determination had been deployed on the side of the Afenifere all these years. Maybe we would have forged ahead.

“On Yoruba nation, we seem to be more prone to division and that process has started several years ago,” Awolowo Dosumu said.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/secession-not-solution-1999-constitution-is-problem-adebanjo/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 24, 2021
I am afraid it is.

You can't have a country where some people are expected to infinitely endure while others enjoy and expect to make headway.

Some sections of this country have time and time again taken to the fore to articulate their challenges and proffer solutions but are mocked and jeered at instead.

Is it the straight face nepotism , the raw hate and deliberate exclusionism that have been incorporated into statehood that should warrant a desire to be together?

Merely mentioning the need to restructure usually meets a brick wall barbed with threats of war not to talk of even raising the main issues.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by helinues: 12:42pm On May 24, 2021
Toh
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by nyiamfrank: 12:44pm On May 24, 2021
Another Otellectual has been spotted!

13 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by LegendHero(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2021
Alright Pa Adebanjo.

We can accommodate all kind of thought and the consensus will be determined when the time is right.

7 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by ablejesus26(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2021
His opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by DDDEnterprises: 1:03pm On May 24, 2021
ablejesus26:
His opinion though.
You've got a better idea sir?

10 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by ablejesus26(m): 1:08pm On May 24, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

You've got a better idea sir?

My opinion is restructure,or break this damned thing.
But the opinion of the majority is break the damn thing already.
Although if I am given options to pick I will go for break up the damn thing.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by slivertongue: 1:09pm On May 24, 2021
the managers of Nigeria's diversity are not even upholding the 1999 constitution. they uphold it in breach. they prefer ethnic and religious sentiments especially the disaster in aso rock

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by ivolt: 1:10pm On May 24, 2021
Tell that to Igboho and his fans

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by meolaniyi(m): 1:41pm On May 24, 2021
You are wasting your time baba. We have gone beyond that. Yoruba nation or nothing

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by johnmartus(m): 1:41pm On May 24, 2021
This 1999 constitution the makers supposed to put in maximum prison such a way to steal from the public.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by JooEeL(m): 5:02pm On May 24, 2021
93 year old man dribbling himself! Akintoye only we know. All these Afenifebi people will play you like Maradona enh. Im sorry for any true Oduduwan who takes them to heart 100%. Yoruba nation or bust!

Now guys see these hypocrites o. They are now burning police station in Sharia north o. Please remind them that that is how Boko Haram started.

O sorry, I remember Boko Haram is already there. Remind them that is how Al Shabab started in Libya. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Factfinder1(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2021
That 1999 constitution is a demonic agreement that only favours the top citizens and allows them to rule this nation just exactly the way they want

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2021
The 1999 constitution alongside the wage that Obasanjo proposed for the national assembly upon resumption of office.

The constitution supported mediocre and gave them the opportunity to leadership position while the salary attracted those whose mission was to come steal.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by iconnecta(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2021
ok. we don hear u sir
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Mrlouis: 5:03pm On May 24, 2021
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by gift2xl: 5:04pm On May 24, 2021
Because the heat of succession is become unbearable. Y has he not mention this since... I see the table's are turning. Mtfk

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2021
Secession has never been the solution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by YoungLionken(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2021
Elders sit together and discuss possible solutions to problems but, children go for destruction!

For those of you clamoring for war.. War doesn't produce results without damage...

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by lmm4real: 5:05pm On May 24, 2021
The constitution is not the problem, 1999 is the problem undecided

We all need to leave this country.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by kingzjay(m): 5:05pm On May 24, 2021
What happens to the recommendations proferred by the National confab held during Jonathan's regime. It was detailed and thought provoking.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 24, 2021
cool People want war And so be it grin angry grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Itohanmiwa: 5:05pm On May 24, 2021
Matthew: 24 vs 5
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. It is exceedingly clear that this Pastor is now a systematic politician. It is well.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by proxillin(m): 5:05pm On May 24, 2021
New or old constitution ..those people don't care about rule of law...

Court rule, they disobey court order. And there is nothing court can do about it.

They believe in guns...that's why everyone is picking up guns

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by DMerciful(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2021
I respect Pa Adebanjo position however I believe all cards should be put on the table. Restructuring and breakup. If you let the Fulanis know you're not ready for breakup, they will not listen to you regarding restructuring. Even if you're not ready for breakup, threaten them with it cos nothing scares northerners than breakup.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari / Illegal Connection: Man Electrocuted To Death In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.