Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (124180 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Utoechi: 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Really You should have used hellofax. My cousin got his certificate yesterday and sent it via hello fax. They acknowledged receipt today.

DexterousOne post=85650912]

I sent a copy of my certificate to WES on I believe 12th December...

It's been on the road since [/quote]
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Utoechi:
Really You should have used hellofax. My cousin got his certificate yesterday and sent it via hello fax. They acknowledged receipt today.

It's been on the road since

Yeepa

How does Hello Fax work?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Jolieee: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Great news! Prior to sending his certificate did his account show "certificate pending"? After they accepted can you tell us what his account looks like? Did they now list transcript accepted & Certificate accepted, did they provide a completion date? Sorry for my plenty questions... 'just want to know what I might expect ahead of me...
Utoechi:

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Utoechi: 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
Lool I understand. His transcript was still being analyzed and evaluated before he sent the certificate through hellofax yesterday. Today morning it changed to 'we received a new document for your application' then this night they now changed it back to 'we are analyzing and evaluating..., checking for accuracy and completeness, we will request for additional documents or issue an estimated date'. So unlike mine, they won't place his application on hold for lack of certificate, they'll just give an estimated date of completion.

Jolieee post=85652946]Great news! Prior to sending his certificate did his account show "certificate pending"? After they accepted can you tell us what his account looks like? Did they now list transcript accepted & Certificate accepted, did they provide a completion date? Sorry for my plenty questions... 'just want to know what I might expect ahead of me...[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Jolieee: 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ok.. thanks for your response... @Utoechi We hope ours come in soon...
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by muvey10: 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Stop using luck with engineers thank you
DexterousOne:

For goodness sakes....

How am I casting "doubts"?
An engineer can try his luck

It's open to every one who wants to write
Engineers inclusive
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by muvey10: 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Je is fighting with himself
Subalinga:
you people should stop fighting......burn the energy on KAPLAN!
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
DexterousOne:

Tell them o

Besides I made one small enquiry from you

Yet to get a response

ehn ehn, i didnt notice o. You know i for answer na.

How can i help?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
Subalinga:

ehn ehn, i didnt notice o. You know i for answer na.

How can i help?

Its about the ICAN/CIMA conversion
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Its about the ICAN/CIMA conversion

ok , what about it? I am not following that route sha. too many uncertainties regarding converting it to CPA later cos of all the exemptions. I think i will do the 4 papers required to convert my ICAN to ACCA.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2020
Subalinga:

ok , what about it? I am not following that route sha. too many uncertainties regarding converting it to CPA later cos of all the exemptions. I think i will do the 4 papers required to convert my ICAN to ACCA.

I was thinking of that route too (ACCA)

But my ojukokoro was telling me why write 4 papers when you can write just one for CIMA?

But you raised a valid point.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by XX01(f): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

I was thinking of that route too (ACCA)

But my ojukokoro was telling me why write 4 papers when you can write just one for CIMA?

But you raised a valid point.

All die na die. I am currently going through the CIMA route to get my CPA.
Whether you take 1 exemption or 20 exemptions, as long as you write exams to qualify to be awarded the designation, you are good to go.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
XX01:

Whether you take 1 exemption or 20 exemptions, as long as you write exams to qualify to be awarded the designation, you are good to go.

Oh really
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
XX01:

Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for the ICAN/CIMA conversion?
And whether the 5 years post qualifications is sacrosanct?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by LecturerIFE: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
XX01:

Hello,

I want to ask if you completed your CIMA before you moved to Canada.

I soft landed last month, but now I'm back and hoping to write CIMA in May or September. I did register with CIMA before I travelled.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by XX01(f): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

I haven't even written the CIMA yet. I have registered and finally will write sometime in May.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by XX01(f): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
LecturerIFE:

Hello,

I want to ask if you completed your CIMA before you moved to Canada.

I soft landed last month, but now I'm back and hoping to write CIMA in May or September. I did register with CIMA before I travelled.

I just started.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by LecturerIFE: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Currently, it's 400k. Two of my colleagues paid that amount last year.

No. From my discussion with them, I think you pay higher if you have less than 5 years experience.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by LecturerIFE: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
MizyB:

Sir, have you confirmed this?

I did then but I can't remember what I was told. I can ask again tomorrow and reply your pm.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by LecturerIFE: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
XX01:

I just started.

Okay. Good luck
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by udoclub: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Please is the 400k inclusive of exam and induction? Will one pay this same fee if one fails the case study exam? Thank you.
LecturerIFE:

Currently, it's 400k. Two of my colleagues paid that amount last year.
No. From my discussion with them, I think you pay higher if you have less than 5 years experience.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
XX01:

I haven't even written the CIMA yet. I have registered and finally will write sometime in May.

That's wonderful

Did you send your ICAN cert to them?
Or you had to send transcripts?

Thank You
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by zodo2rule: 9:22am On Jan 15, 2020
Quick Question Please, those that have CIMA and want to get ICAN, how many papers would the person write in ICAN and how much? There seems to be a confusion between both bodies
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2020
zodo2rule:
Quick Question Please, those that have CIMA and want to get ICAN, how many papers would the person write in ICAN and how much? There seems to be a confusion between both bodies

why would you want to write ICAN, when everyone is going foreeeeeeennnnnnn
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by zodo2rule: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Subalinga:

why would you want to write ICAN, when everyone is going foreeeeeeennnnnnn

I need to have an FRC No. and cannot get that with foreign qualifications.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by LecturerIFE: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
udoclub:
Please is the 400k inclusive of exam and induction?
No. It only covers tuition and one attempt at the exam.

Will one pay this same fee if one fails the case study exam? Thank you.

I'd think so. You may however choose not to pay for tuition, so you pay for only the exam, which is about 200k or so... I can't remember the exact amount.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by udoclub: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=LecturerIFE post=85821018]
No. It only covers tuition and one attempt at the exam.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by advocatetruth(f): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
Please after completing the exams BA1 to BA4, how long does it take to get the certificate for evaluation from CIMA.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
advocatetruth:
Please after completing the exams BA1 to BA4, how long does it take to get the certificate for evaluation from CIMA.
it varies, depending on when the next batch of certificates is coming from the UK.

Ranges between 2 to 6 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ucheraymond(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2020
Utoechi:

Hi... Please could you explain how the Hellofax thing works?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by TheCapitalBand(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by MizyB(f): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
LecturerIFE:

I did then but I can't remember what I was told. I can ask again tomorrow and reply your pm.

I would really appreciate that. Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.