Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (124699 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by kkkossy(m): 6:51am On Jan 05, 2020
What other certification apart from CIMA is accepted for WES evaluation?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by luvola(m): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hi all.I am an ACA holder and I have applied for ACCA excemption which they have granted me and as result I have four papers to write in the professional stage before qualifying as an ACCA holder. My question is that will WES give me extra point if i tender this ACCA certificate after writing the four papers in the professional stage of ACCA ?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dinmachris26: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Have you started WES evaluation
Jolieee:

I finished on December 10, 2019, I called on 31st Dec... certificate wasnt ready.. I will get a notification once it is out cuz I opted to pick mine with courier.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by anathemiamia(f): 1:20am On Jan 06, 2020
DexterousOne:

It was actually in three weeks that I passed
Thank you very much for the props.

Unfortunately I can't do pms
The e mail I used to register this account, I don't have access to it Any more

But you can ask whatever you want to ask here

I'll help as soon as I can with the info you need

Cheers.

Hi, I know you said you were an engineer so please I'm wondering if you're trying to do ACCA because cima is not enough for a second certificate?

Also, you did ba1 to ba4 in 3 weeks? Please can you break down your study?

1. How many hours a day and do you have a full time job
2. We're you watching both videos and reading the text?
3. You used 1 week to prepare for 1 paper? (Yes I'm still trying to wrap my head around it)
4. Is Astrani sufficient to pass or do I have to use opentuiton too? What did you use in your case?
Lastly, did you pay for the exam and thereby setting a deadline or did you pay when you felt ready?
5. I have zero knowledge of accounting but I learn fast. Is it overly optimistic to give myself 8-9 days per module
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Jolieee: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2020
Dinmachris26:
Have you started WES evaluation

Yes. Transcript got to WES on Dec 19th... Waiting for WES to either give me a completion date or request for additional doc. Thats what the message in my WES account says.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2020
luvola:
Hi all.I am an ACA holder and I have applied for ACCA excemption which they have granted me and as result I have four papers to write in the professional stage before qualifying as an ACCA holder. My question is that will WES give me extra point if i tender this ACCA certificate after writing the four papers in the professional stage of ACCA ?

I believe you will get a favourable evaluation for that
Because it's a stand alone qualification
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 10:04am On Jan 06, 2020
anathemiamia:

Hi, I know you said you were an engineer so please I'm wondering if you're trying to do ACCA because cima is not enough for a second certificate?

3. You used 1 week to prepare for 1 paper? (Yes I'm still trying to wrap my head around it)
4. Is Astrani sufficient to pass or do I have to use opentuiton too? What did you use in your case?
Lastly, did you pay for the exam and thereby setting a deadline or did you pay when you felt ready?
5. I have zero knowledge of accounting but I learn fast. Is it overly optimistic to give myself 8-9 days per module

Id answer you in due time

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by aykevictor789(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Please can you share materiasls you got from KAPLAN with me

aykevictor789@gmail.com

I have seen those from astranti and would like to combine the KAPLAN materials too.

Thank you.

DexterousOne:

It was actually in three weeks that I passed
Thank you very much for the props.

Unfortunately I can't do pms
The e mail I used to register this account, I don't have access to it Any more

But you can ask whatever you want to ask here

I'll help as soon as I can with the info you need

Cheers.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
aykevictor789:

aykevictor789@gmail.com

I have seen those from astranti and would like to combine the KAPLAN materials too.

Thank you.

I did not use Kaplan
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by anathemiamia(f): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
aykevictor789:

Check the previous pages. I've seen google drive links where someone dropped them but I didn't save it
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
anathemiamia:

No I'm not an engineer
I'm an ACA
Chartered accountant if you may

I want to do the ACCA AND the SCS of CIMA to boost my profile, that's all.....
There is a plan I have, and it all fits into it

Well my first degree is in economics
And post graduate along finance line, so that helped me a lot...

But I made sure I studied an hour every day, and I use the weighting of the courses as a guide on where to focus my strength
Do that, and it will help you too.

2) I don't watch videos
I used the Astranti materials only, then a few of my old notes from my ICAN class

3)Actually I started reading two weeks before I wrote my first paper sha
I wrote my firstpapeer 3rd September and the last two in the 20th of September I believe.
So I cannot really say I used one week to prepare for one paper
I only wrote and passed within three weeks

So don't panic cheesy

4) for one with some accounting background
Astranit can be enough
There is nothing asked that you will not see there
But for one wity zero accountant background
You might want to mix it up with materials that are more explanatory
Astranti is sufficient
But not explanatory 100 %

4b. I set a deadline for myself, because I have other things doing, so I had to complete it in September

Setting deadlines help a whole lot.

5)For one wity zero background in accounting

I think you should try one month per paper first....
Then close in on the gap as you gain confidence

You can start with BA1 and BA3
They are easier in my opinion

BA1 : Economics
BA3 : Financial Accounting

You can learn the economics
And then learn the Fin Acct

Then you can read BA4
This one is more tricky
And it has more questions than the others

So you read smart

Then BA2 which is the most difficult of the 4

By now after passing 3 papers
Your confidence must have boosted

Then you trash it like a boss
And close the chapter cool cool

Hope this helps you and others

Still feel free to ask

P.S. Videos will help you

Just stay away from those Indians who speak English like them get boil for mouth tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by anathemiamia(f): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
DexterousOne:

Just stay away from those Indians who speak English like them get boil for mouth tongue

Haha! I feel the same way about them. Thanks a lot. I think I'll start today since i can't pay for anything before the 24th anyway. I appreciate. Starting BA1 today!
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
anathemiamia:

Haha! I feel the same way about them. Thanks a lot. I think I'll start today since i can't pay for anything before the 24th anyway. I appreciate. Starting BA1 today!

That is the spirit

Pls give updates
So as to encourage the upcoming here

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by muvey10: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
What do you mean by cIMA is not enough for engineers? Who told you so? Please let’s be careful what we say before we give people high bP. What has engineering got to do with CIMA and why are they singled out
DexterousOne:

No I'm not an engineer
I'm an ACA
Chartered accountant if you may

I want to do the ACCA AND the SCS of CIMA to boost my profile, that's all.....
There is a plan I have, and it all fits into it

Well my first degree is in economics
And post graduate along finance line, so that helped me a lot...

But I made sure I studied an hour every day, and I use the weighting of the courses as a guide on where to focus my strength
Do that, and it will help you too.

2) I don't watch videos
I used the Astranti materials only, then a few of my old notes from my ICAN class

3)Actually I started reading two weeks before I wrote my first paper sha
I wrote my firstpapeer 3rd September and the last two in the 20th of September I believe.
So I cannot really say I used one week to prepare for one paper
I only wrote and passed within three weeks

So don't panic cheesy

4) for one with some accounting background
Astranit can be enough
There is nothing asked that you will not see there
But for one wity zero accountant background
You might want to mix it up with materials that are more explanatory
Astranti is sufficient
But not explanatory 100 %

4b. I set a deadline for myself, because I have other things doing, so I had to complete it in September

Setting deadlines help a whole lot.

5)For one wity zero background in accounting

I think you should try one month per paper first....
Then close in on the gap as you gain confidence

You can start with BA1 and BA3
They are easier in my opinion

BA1 : Economics
BA3 : Financial Accounting

You can learn the economics
And then learn the Fin Acct

Then you can read BA4
This one is more tricky
And it has more questions than the others

So you read smart

Then BA2 which is the most difficult of the 4

By now after passing 3 papers
Your confidence must have boosted

Then you trash it like a boss
And close the chapter cool cool

Hope this helps you and others

Still feel free to ask

P.S. Videos will help you

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by anathemiamia(f): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
muvey10:
What do you mean by cIMA is not enough for engineers? Who told you so? Please let’s be careful what we say before we give people high bP. What has engineering got to do with CIMA and why are they singled out

I asked him specific questions and he answered. He never said it wasn't enough. He said HE IS NOT AN ENGINEER which I assumed he was because I mixed him up with someone else that said he was an engineer before asking all these questions. Please don't jump to a conclusion without reading both the question and then the answer

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
muvey10:

I never said such

Read and understand

She is asking whether I am an engineer
And I said NO.
that's all....

I'm a Chartered Accountant and not an engineer

However
An engineer can try his luck with the CIMA exams

Nothing stops that from happening

Cheers
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by aykevictor789(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thanks alot for the answers so far.
Do you mean I can write one or two papers at a time?
Just started BA1 study pack.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Annettevoke(f): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
i registered on the 3rd jan 2020, i only recieved a confirmation email of payment and no email to send my credentials. pls advise what to do next after registration and how do i book for the exam? thanks

Perra:

I created this thread for those of us that need the extra CiMA qualification to count as Two or more degree and increase CRS score .

Who has written? How was it?
Can other peoole that have no background in Economics or accounting write and pass?? Atleast within 6months of studying??

I wish too go for CIMA, i studied microbiology but fear no gree me as i am afraid i have no background in it.

Copied

The exam is a 4 paper exam, Materials available on astranti.com. Exams are CBT; visit cimaglobal.com to register. Registration is 77GBP while each paper is 77GBP

Recommended procedure:
1. Register with cima on https://www.cimaglobal.com/Starting-CIMA/Starting-CIMA/Registration/ fee is 77£. Please pay online, if you pay to the Nigerian office, your registration will take weeks.

2. Send your credentials to CIMA. you'll get the email to send it after registration

3. Study for your exams with Astranti.com and Opentuition.com

4. Exam registration is 55£ per paper.. Exam is electronic, you choose a convenient time, date and center ( any pearsonVUE center).,The various centres and their addresses will appear during registration, so you can choose a center near you. DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO THE TEST CENTER.. You're to book for your exam atleast two days to the exam day.

5. You will get a provisional result after each exam, then details will be uploaded to your account after like 2 days.. pass mark is 100/150. There are 60 questions for 2hrs for BA1-3.. then 85 questions for BA4, 2 hrs

6. You're to write BA1 to BA4 in order to get the certificate in Business accounting which you'll evaluate with wes.

7. On how long it will take, depends on you.. you can check the syllabus and study materials to know how long it can take you to cover it.. However, it took me about 6 - 7 weeks

8. When you're done with your 4 exams, you'll wait for like two days for it to be updated...Then you can register with WES

9. Once you have gotten your WES reference No, send an email to cima to prepare your transcripts and letter of good standing.. Also tell them you want to arrange for a courier service.. This is to expedite the process because cima uses regular post which takes weeks to get to Canada.. Follow up with a call to CIMA.. I requested for mine and it was ready for pick up the following day.. Remember to put your WES reference no while booking the courier.. I paid about 65£ for the courier and it got to WES in 3days...

For more info.. visit https://www.cimaglobal.com

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 1:23am On Jan 09, 2020
aykevictor789:

I wrote two papers in one day

But it was stressful for me tho.

It's very possible

But you need to come from an accounting background
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 1:24am On Jan 09, 2020
Annettevoke:
i registered on the 3rd jan 2020, i only recieved a confirmation email of payment and no email to send my credentials. pls advise what to do next after registration and how do i book for the exam? thanks

I don't remember sending credentials though

You don't need that

Especially as collecting exemptions is out of the table here

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 1:25am On Jan 09, 2020
aykevictor789:

Id advice one at a time
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by muvey10: 8:07am On Jan 09, 2020
You are still casting doubts on the engineer CIMA stuff .. it is well tho. I read the question and answer very very well. What is luck again inside the engineering thing. Na wa
DexterousOne:

I never said such

Read and understand

She is asking whether I am an engineer
And I said NO.
that's all....

I'm a Chartered Accountant and not an engineer

However
An engineer can try his luck with the CIMA exams

Nothing stops that from happening

Cheers
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2020
muvey10:
You are still casting doubts on the engineer CIMA stuff .. it is well tho. I read the question and answer very very well. What is luck again inside the engineering thing. Na wa

For goodness sakes....

How am I casting "doubts"?
An engineer can try his luck

It's open to every one who wants to write
Engineers inclusive
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
you people should stop fighting......burn the energy on KAPLAN!

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Utoechi: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Please let people that have received their certificates kindly share their timelines as a way of encouraging people like us whose transcripts have been accepted and our applications placed on hold because the certificate is not available yet.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Utoechi: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Also anyone who can help me join a CIMA group will be highly appreciated. Either via WhatsApp or telegram. Thanks.
quote author=Utoechi post=85645993]Please let people that have received their certificates kindly share their timelines as a way of encouraging people like us whose transcripts have been accepted and our applications placed on hold because the certificate is not available yet.[/quote]
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Annettevoke(f): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
what do i do next? i want to book for the exam?

DexterousOne:

I don't remember sending credentials though

You don't need that

Especially as collecting exemptions is out of the table here
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Annettevoke:
what do i do next? i want to book for the exam?

Has your account been approved?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Utoechi:
Please let people that have received their certificates kindly share their timelines as a way of encouraging people like us whose transcripts have been accepted and our applications placed on hold because the certificate is not available yet.

I got a mail that my certificate was at Ikoyi kind two months after I passed my final papers

They mail it in tranches
It will come
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Subalinga:
you people should stop fighting......burn the energy on KAPLAN!

Tell them o

Besides I made one small enquiry from you

Yet to get a response
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Utoechi: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thanks for sharing that information. Sorry that I have to ask again, how long after you sent a copy of the certificate were you given an estimated date for your report?
uote author=DexterousOne post=85648270]

I got a mail that my certificate was at Ikoyi kind two months after I passed my final papers

They mail it in tranches
It will come [/quote]
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Utoechi:
Thanks for sharing that information. Sorry that I have to ask again, how long after you sent a copy of the certificate were you given an estimated date for your report?
uote author=DexterousOne post=85648270]

They mail it in tranches
It will come

I sent a copy of my certificate to WES on I believe 12th December...

It's been on the road since

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.