Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (123769 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damselhoney(f): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hi....This is for anyone that has ACA (ICAN) and want to write CIMA for immigration purposes and Evaluation. Kindly take advantage of all the exemptions and write Strategic case Study. Your CIMA will be evaluated as 4 years BAchelors degree. Then you can claim 2 or more degrees with your BSC.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by peacenaija(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2023
damselhoney:
Hi....This is for anyone that has ACA (ICAN) and want to write CIMA for immigration purposes and Evaluation. Kindly take advantage of all the exemptions and write Strategic case Study. Your CIMA will be evaluated as 4 years BAchelors degree.

Hi, I've tried to apply but I didn't see ICAN among the professional bodies.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damselhoney(f): 8:14pm On May 13, 2023
peacenaija:

If you are in Nigeria, u need to contact CIMA office in Lagos and they will help with the exemptions and registration.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by PhilexOG: 4:26am On May 21, 2023
Hi Guys, please I'm trying to register and pay for the CIMA registration, Clicking on the posted link "https://www.cimaglobal.com/Starting-CIMA/Starting-CIMA/Registration/", I keep getting redirected to "https://www.aicpa-cima.com/"

Additionally, The options I'm seeing are different from what others are posting when I click on become a member. Am I doing something wrong or is this just their new interface? If so, what option am I supposed to go with below

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by BORBORSKY(m): 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
Please I have CIMA cert...through this One exam route ..read somewhere you have to do the entire exams to be considered for evaluation...how true pls?

damselhoney:
Hi....This is for anyone that has ACA (ICAN) and want to write CIMA for immigration purposes and Evaluation. Kindly take advantage of all the exemptions and write Strategic case Study. Your CIMA will be evaluated as 4 years BAchelors degree. Then you can claim 2 or more degrees with your BSC.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by nelronaldo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hey team, has anyone been able to register and complete payment for the CIMA certification recently? I am unable to make payment on the website. I even called their customer service but still no resolution. I am not sure if I am doing the right thing, so I will appreciate if anyone can help with step by step process of registration and payment on the new AICPA-CIMA website.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damselhoney(f): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
BORBORSKY:
Please I have CIMA cert...through this One exam route ..read somewhere you have to do the entire exams to be considered for evaluation...how true pls?

I wrote one exam to obtain my certificate and my evaluation was positive, it was evaluated as a 4yrs Bsc.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by eduevolutionnow(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2023
damselhoney:

I wrote one exam to obtain my certificate and my evaluation was positive, it was evaluated as a 4yrs Bsc.
Hello, can I contact you about this? If yes. Can you give me your email address? Thanks
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
We provide comprehensive study material for CIMA, ACCA, GRE, TOFEL, IELTS, CELPIP, CIA, GMAT, MCAT... reach out O81O633769O

Study text, exam practice questions and answers, all available
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damselhoney(f): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
eduevolutionnow:

Hello, can I contact you about this? If yes. Can you give me your email address? Thanks
oyinoloko2017@gmail.com
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by nelronaldo(m): 4:29am On Jul 18, 2023
Good morning guys,

Have anyone evaluated CIMA recently. Judging from the instructions on WES website, we only have to request CIMA to send our documents to WES electronically. I read previous threads, and noticed people used to pay for courier and all, I believe we don’t have to do that anymore.

I’m just trying to confirm that all we need to do is:
- make WES payment
- Contact CIMA to send WES the Examination results and confirmation of award letter.

Please is there anything step I am omitting?

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
nelronaldo:
Good morning guys,

Have anyone evaluated CIMA recently. Judging from the instructions on WES website, we only have to request CIMA to send our documents to WES electronically. I read previous threads, and noticed people used to pay for courier and all, I believe we don’t have to do that anymore.

- make WES payment
- Contact CIMA to send WES the Examination results and confirmation of award letter.

yes, that's all you need to do
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damselhoney(f): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
nelronaldo:
Good morning guys,

- make WES payment

Thats all... Remember to send your certificate to CIMA also, so they can forward it to WEs
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by littyprincess: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
nelronaldo:
Good morning guys,

- make WES payment

That’s all you need to do. I contacted them last week and Wes still hasn’t received my documents. Cima and their incompetence. Mtcheew. It’s been 1 week plus now. They said in 3-10 working business days, they would upload it on the Wes portal. Like why does it take that long to send common documents electronically?

Note: never mind. Ignore me o. I just saw that the evaluation is finally complete. Thank God. So it took 4 business days in total.

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bisiofgod(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2023
Who is writing strategic case study in November?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Addi: 5:29am On Sep 26, 2023
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ibejumatters: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
bisiofgod:
Who is writing strategic case study in November?

Are you writing it?

I got this quotation from the Nigeria office of CIMA for ICAN conversion route

The cost for this is a bundled fee of GBP1000 equivalent of NGN750,000 (exchange rate of N750:£1) to cover registration and one attempt at the Strategic case study exam. The cost of the workshop is NGN300000. Total cost therefore is NGN1, 050,000.

Our bank details in Nigeria is

Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank

Account Name: Manaccrep Limited

Account Number: 0016580849

Questions please: 1. Is the bank account valid. 2. What is the chance of using CIMA certificate to obtain CPA? Please help a person

Thank you.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
Ibejumatters:

Are you writing it?
I got this quotation from the Nigeria office of CIMA for ICAN conversion route
The cost for this is a bundled fee of GBP1000 equivalent of NGN750,000 (exchange rate of N750:£1) to cover registration and one attempt at the Strategic case study exam. The cost of the workshop is NGN300000. Total cost therefore is NGN1, 050,000.
Our bank details in Nigeria is
Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank

Account Name: Manaccrep Limited

Account Number: 0016580849
Questions please: 1. Is the bank account valid. 2. What is the chance of using CIMA certificate to obtain CPA? Please help a person
Thank you.
1. You can access the CIMA official website to get information on your ICAN-CIMA conversion and payment methods.

2. The conversion is simple. You just need to sit for 1 or 2 papers in the final stage of CPA.

"Starting from August 1, 2023, CIMA members will be able to join a provincial/regional CPA body, subject to passing days two and three of the CPA Profession’s Common Final Examination.
Canadian CPA members will be able to join CIMA, subject to passing the CGMA Professional Qualification Strategic Case Study Exam.
Candidates will also need to meet the other body’s practical experience requirements to demonstrate their competence and experience in the workplace."

We provide comprehensive study material for strategic case study exam and all level of CIMA exam. Everything you need to pass the exam. Reach out here:081-0633-7690
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bisiofgod(m): 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
I wrote strategic case study last week Thursday. Awaiting result which is billed to be released come January 11th, 2024. Trusting God for a favorable result

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by HEISGOD: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2023
Same here

peacenaija:

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by wright005: 6:33am On Jan 10
Please I'd like to know if CIMA is the only exam that can be evaluated as a second degree/certificate and why. This is so that I can know the characteristics of qualifications that can be used. I have greatly searched for this information and I'm yet to see a good answer.

What if someone has some other certification from a globally recognised institution on the same or higher standing as CIMA (such as CFA or GARP), can such certification also be evaluated by WES as second degree in the same manner as CIMA?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 9:51am On Jan 10
wright005:
Please I'd like to know if CIMA is the only exam that can be evaluated as a second degree/certificate and why. This is so that I can know the characteristics of qualifications that can be used. I have greatly searched for this information and I'm yet to see a good answer.

What if someone has some other certification from a globally recognised institution on the same or higher standing as CIMA (such as CFA or GARP), can such certification also be evaluated by WES as second degree in the same manner as CIMA?
If you have other certificate, go to WES and find out if they accept certificate from that institution for evaluation.

The known certificates are CIMA, ACCA, CIIN, PMP, BCS, CIA...

CIMA is not the only accepted cert, ACCA applied Knowledge level certificate can be accepted to give 1yr equivalent too.

Same with BCS certificate in I.T level certificate.

I provide comprehensive study material for any of these exams and I can give proper guidance. Reach out below

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bisiofgod(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11
bisiofgod:
I wrote strategic case study last week Thursday. Awaiting result which is billed to be released come January 11th, 2024. Trusting God for a favorable result
I thank God result came out today and I passed excellently well. God did it. ACMA, CGMA

4 Likes

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Blessing84: 1:26pm On Jan 25
[quote author=bozz007 post=81970873]VERY LONG POST ALERT!!! Just to share my experience, encourage and educate people....I finished my CIMA BAs recently (very basic accounting background).

Total time to finish all papers: Just over 3 months and below is my timeline:

BA1: May 19, 2019. Exam Center: London School of Information Technology, GRA, Ikeja
Materials used: Strictly, opentuition study text and videos.
The opentuition study text I used for BA1 was very brief and quite easy to understand especially when combined with the videos. However, their practice tests didn't reflect the actual exam-type questions. So, if you are going to use it, you need to read and understand in order to apply the knowledge or better still, solve kaplan practice questions to familiarize yourself with exam questions. Passed the exam quite well.
I chose the exam center because they were the only ones open on Saturday.

BA3: June 1st.. Exam Center: London School of Information Technology, GRA, Ikeja
Materials used: Astranti study text and practice tests on the astranti website (astranti dot com)
I switched to Astranti for BA3 because I didn't like the voice of the instructor in the opentuition videos (you need to watch the videos to fully grasp the study text). Astranti also provided the advantage of revision notes, which sort of summarizes the voluminous study texts. Their online practice tests were also very useful.

BA4: June 29th. Exam Center: London School of Information Technology, GRA, Ikeja
Materials used: Astranti study text and practice tests
I used only Astranti for BA4 as well. I kinda underrated this course and almost failed (scored 102, pass score is 100). It is the only course without calculations, so I read the study texts in 1 week and put in for the exam. My God!! I honestly thought I was going to fail judging by how the exam went but we thank God sha.

BA2: Aug 20th. Exam Center: 1st Intellit Solutions, CMD road, Lagos
Materials used: Kaplan study text and practice questions.
Due to work and other stuff, I had to take a break before studying for the dreaded BA2. BA2 has a bad reputation for highest failure rate so I thought lemme take my time to read it well. BAD DECISION! The break I took put me off my stride totally. The initial ginger of studying day and night vanished. Found it really hard to juggle work, personal life and studying like the previous ones and even when I found time to study, the astranti study texts were really hard to understand. I shifted the exam THREE times in July before eventually cancelling it. August was flying by too and was still struggling to understand what I was reading. Then, a colleague resigned after getting PR and CRS scores kept increasing. I immediately slapped myself back to reality and decided to take 5 days exam leave immediately after sallah break. Scheduled the exam and promised myself not to cancel/shift this time.
My CIMA group people (shoutout to them….their ginger is contagious) shared Kaplan practice questions and I decided to switch to it. I recommend Kaplan study texts EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK. Their practice questions are very close to real exam questions and the study texts are very easy to understand. I read day and night during the leave and the exam turned out to be the easiest of all the exams (had my highest score in BA2)

Study Recommendations:
Whatever study text you decide to use, please make sure you solve all the Kaplan practice questions afterwards. They are very close to real exam questions.

NEXT STEPS AFTER EXAM.
1. Logged on to WES to request for additional certificate evaluation (previously evaluated my BSc with them), paid the necessary fees (107CAD), got my WES reference number and downloaded the WES academic records form.

2. After my last exam score was uploaded, I e-mailed CIMA to request for transcript and letter of good standing and attached the WES form. I followed up with a call as well. Their default process is to send through Canada Post, which takes 6 weeks. In order to speed up the process, I told them I wanted arrange for a courier (DHL) to pick it up.

Process for DHL parcel pickup.
Step 1 - Fill in necessary details on this DHL web page.
https://book.parcel.dhl.co.uk/
Note : Collection details should be CIMA address and phone number. For Name, write Amen or Bill or Evelyn. The e-mail should be your email address. Very important to use your email address here so you can track the shipment and get the shipping label.

Step 2 : Fill in the delivery address, use the WES Canada address and make sure you include your WES reference number.

Step 3 : For the size of the parcel, choose Height 1cm, length 20 cm, width 20cm. This determines the price you will pay

Step 3 : Choose pickup date. To be on a safe side pick the next day even though you would tell CIMA to get it ready same day.

Step 4 : Make payments. Total payment should be £41.28. DHL doesn’t accept naira card (dunno about dollar). So, you need to pay with PayPal. Get in touch with someone with a PayPal account to make the payment for you or open Nigerian PayPal and use your naira card on it.

Step 5: Once your shipping label has been sent to you by DHL, forward this to CIMA via email and include the normal "you will like CIMA to prepare your transcript and letter of good standing, so that it can be sent to WES.

Step 6: Call CIMA after some 30 mins or thereabout to tell them you've sent an email concerning preparation of your transcript and state the time courier service will be picking it up. Ask if it will be ready by that time. All these is formality, it's just for them to acknowledge the email and ensure they prepare your transcript immediately.

You will get an email once your parcel is picked up by DHL and you can track the movement. Your transcript will get to WES within 3 days.

CIMA said the certificate won’t be ready until 6 weeks after and someone in the WhatsApp group said he got his ECA without sending the certificate, I’m really hoping same will be applicable to me even though I will keep calling them for it.

Unfortunately, the whatsapp group is currently filled but I think they opened a telegram group, will try to find the link.

Wish you the best.

Hello,
I know this is a long time from when you posted this message. Pls how can I ge Kaplan study and practice text for BA2. I have tried making payment online but it has proved abortive. Your help will n highly appreciated pls.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 2:13pm On Jan 25
Blessing84:
Hello,
I know this is a long time from when you posted this message. Pls how can I ge Kaplan study and practice text for BA2. I have tried making payment online but it has proved abortive. Your help will n highly appreciated pls.
Reach out to me below for a full study material. Kaplan study text and exam practice kit, Asranti, and opentTuition. Plus other mock questions and answers.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Fuam1121: 11:48pm On Mar 14
[quote author=Blessing84 post=128119231][/quote]
Hello, thank you for you detailed explanation. Please what CIMA email address did you use to request for your examination results ?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 10:39am On Mar 15
Fuam1121:

Hello, thank you for you detailed explanation. Please what CIMA email address did you use to request for your examination results ?
login to your student account.
You can as well use the contact us email provided on the site. Always quote your student ID when sending email
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 5:22pm On Apr 02
DexterousOne:

You have a science background?

Wow shocked

Whichever one you choose tho
May you be successful at it

To score those critical extra points for two or more certificate is the goal
if you have BSc and MSc, do you still need the CIMA’s certificate in Business Accounting?

NB: I intend to do the CIMA, but I want to start my application as soon as possible.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 5:28pm On Apr 02
DexterousOne:

Your b.Sc is not two or more certs

It is your b.sc PLUS the CIMA certificate that is two or more certificates
They have to be evaluated together

And your best bet is WES
I used the University of Ontario for my evaluation.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 6:10pm On Apr 02
bharkarh:
if you have BSc and MSc, do you still need the CIMA’s certificate in Business Accounting?

NB: I intend to do the CIMA, but I want to start my application as soon as possible.
Why taking CIMA when you have Msc?
Msc give the same point as Bsc plus CIMA.

Except you don't want to go with just Msc. You can reach out to me for comprehensive study material for CIMA Ba1-ba4 if you choose to take the exam and combine your certification with your Bsc to get two or more certificate.

We provide study text, exam practice kit and video lectures that give a classroom experience while you self-study.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02
studycenter:
Why taking CIMA when you have Msc?
Msc give the same point as Bsc plus CIMA.

Except you don't want to go with just Msc. You can reach out to me for comprehensive study material for CIMA Ba1-ba4 if you choose to take the exam and combine your certification with your Bsc to get two or more certificate.

We provide study text, exam practice kit and video lectures that give a classroom experience while you self-study.
I just want to do the CIMA because it aligns with my profession, CIMA advised that I go through the FLP route but I don’t know if it would acceptable to work with in Canada because of the exemptions. Do you have any info about this?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by studycenter: 8:43pm On Apr 02
bharkarh:
I just want to do the CIMA because it aligns with my profession, CIMA advised that I go through the FLP route but I don’t know if it would acceptable to work with in Canada because of the exemptions. Do you have any info about this?
Ignore exemption if you want a positive evaluation from WES. Don't go flp route. Register to take CIMA from the foundation level (certificate in business Ba1-ba4). Ignore exemption. You can reach out below for study material (covers everything you need to pass Ba1-ba4) mock questions and answers, study text, exams illustrations and answers... the exam is all repeated questions, all you need is a good study resources.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.