Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: (1821 Views)

Top 10 Pirated Movies In The World / Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! / Nigerian Movies In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by mailmalc(m): 11:29am On May 13, 2007
Hello Nairalanders,
     This is a kind of continuation (DANCE MOVIES IN NIGERIA) posted by SAINTKOLA.
Instead of insulting the industry for their failure or talking so much about the likes of YOU GOT SERVED, HONEY, SAVE THE LAST DANCE amongst others, don't you guys think we can all put heads together to produce our own hip hop dance movie.

I was made to believe that Nairalanders are very creative people and they are all from different wrks of life with diversified cultures. So with this, we can get a nairalander to prepare a good script, get a producer, choreographers, directors,make-up artist and so on, and with our little financial contribution, we wil be able to make history. Nairalanders wat do you think? What are the possibilities?.

Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by iice(f): 12:01pm On May 13, 2007
Of course Naija can make one after Nigerians love and know how to dance, have fun, Par-TEE - basically have a good time. The thing is not to rush it as in shooting and releasing it in 2 weeks Not to mention relying on scripts filled with cheesy lines just to make a movie. Important too is the director. Someone who knows angles, shots and able to bring out the emotion/substance of the movie onto the screen. It doesn't have to have special effects or even filtered out images (i mean those glossy shots), it can still be rough around the edges and still hold the rawness of the essence.

Wouldn't mind watching one though, some other than the usual Romance/Juju infested things i have had a glimpse of. grin
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by layi(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2007
Scripts can be bought from Hollywood script writers. There are thousands of them i can source and cheaply too. We'll just modify it a little.

I've been on this for 4 years but the problem i have is marketing/recouping my investment in the nigerian market. People don't buy original Cds and the cinema culture is at its infancy.

I can get the required finance up to N80Million but i can't afford to loose.
However  if i get a company to pick the bill afterwards for N120M, then the movie is done in 3 months. Evrything is set and it'll beat Save the last Dance. Nigerians can dance o
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by mailmalc(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2007
@LAYI
I kind of get your point. What do you think will be the total cost of makig the movie. I guess you must have an idea abt the rough estimate for the production. Is not that people don't really like buying original Cds but i have noticed that low quality Cd's are easier to get.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by iice(f): 11:14am On May 14, 2007
mailmalc:

Is not that people don't really like buying original Cds but i have noticed that low quality Cd's are easier to get.

Not to mention cheaper!
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by omogenaija(f): 4:07am On May 24, 2007
layi:

Scripts can be bought from Hollywood script writers. There are thousands of them i can source and cheaply too. We'll just modify it a little.

I've been on this for 4 years but the problem i have is marketing/recouping my investment in the nigerian market. People don't buy original Cds and the cinema culture is at its infancy.

I can get the required finance up to N80Million but i can't afford to loose.
However  if i get a company to pick the bill afterwards for N120M, then the movie is done in 3 months. Evrything is set and it'll beat Save the last Dance. Nigerians can dance o

is that the price of a quality movie in nigeria
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by layi(m): 9:11am On May 25, 2007
80M naira will give u a naija world class film. We dont really need millions of dollars like in american films cos we can get most of the props here for free.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by imoh82: 5:06pm On May 25, 2007
well im an independent film producer in nigeria and i know you can shoot the film at exactly half the price you mentioned and i mean 35mm and world-class shots and fucking great actors. you can call me on 08056026123
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by omogenaija(f): 12:06am On May 26, 2007
@ layi 800 million and it will be american money theater quality ? as in the actress wont have the same hairdo for a period of 10 years in the movie ?

thats a pretty good deal

@ imoh82
35 million naira shocked shocked i hope thats just the money to pay the hair stylist
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by layi(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2007
@omogenaija
imoh didnt say 35million naira BUT 35mm. Thats the type of film on which the movie is shot. Celluloid et all.

Did u say 800Million naira. Believe me i have guyz (corporate pals) who can bankroll that but what we need is a signed contract that warner bros or fox will pick the bills once its finished. We no wan loose o,
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by omogenaija(f): 10:51pm On May 29, 2007
@ layi
anything worth doing is worth doing well , so get ur guys and with 800 million naira maybe the movie can be seen in theathers all over the world , and if u need an actress holla @ moi smiley
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by sucess001(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2007
guys lets get real. the terrain in Nigeria is very different. ive been involved in the biggest productions in the country and when i say you can shout a film for half the price i mean it!!! check cgp.org i worked for an American company thats co-owned by Bill Clinton so i know wat im saying it's called Common Ground Production and i also work for the BBC i know how much they have spent in Nigeria and it is no where close to that ammount and i'm talking 40 episodes of a 1hr tv series world class!
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? Possibilities Of Making One: by omogenaija(f): 12:30am On Jun 02, 2007
sucess001:

guys lets get real. the terrain in Nigeria is very different. ive been involved in the biggest productions in the country and when i say you can shout a film for half the price i mean it!!! check cgp.org i worked for an American company thats co-owned by Bill Clinton so i know what im saying it's called Common Ground Production and i also work for the BBC i know how much they have spent in Nigeria and it is no where close to that ammount and i'm talking 40 episodes of a 1hr tv series world class!

can u please give an estimate ?

(1) (Reply)

American Horror Story Thread Share Your Thoughts Predictions Questions / Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 / Dstv Customer Care Not Working? Pls I Need My Account To Be Reactivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.