Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition (31571 Views)

Ezekiel Mayowa Suicide: Girlfriend Of Jilted LASPOTECH Student Speaks (Pics) / Ezekiel Mayowa: LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide As Girlfriend Dumps Him / Joseph Mayowa, LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Jilted Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
Bullying and depression is real!!!
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by CaptainMitch: 12:20am On Aug 01, 2019
This is very disappointing, I should start helping people once again in my own little corner, I spend tens of thousands drinking weekly imagine if I gave it out one person at a time.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by sonofElElyon: 12:21am On Aug 01, 2019
The more reason why we need Jesus! No one can survive without love and encouragement.. When you feel that the whole world has turned its back on you, the reality and consciousness of divine love will keep you going on.. Faith and hope in Christ, no matter the negative circumstances is a great antidote for depression!

Thetalker:
This is sad as one Bamidele Damilare, a business administration student of Lagos State Polytechnic died after taking a poisonous substance which according to the voice in the video was sniper.

It was gathered that he went into depression after their course coordinator, one Mr.Pears ridiculed and abused him over his inability to pay his fees.

His fellow students protected over his death, today. But, they were rebuffed by the Mr. Pears who washed his hands off Damilare's death.

Security operatives were later called to harass the protesting students.

see video at
https://favytalk..com/2019/07/laspotech-student-owing-tuition-commits.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by StPete: 12:22am On Aug 01, 2019
It’s funny how healthy people these days easily take their lives where’s the sick ones are battling tooth and nail to stay alive. Please always have a reason to stay alive whenever the temptation to end it comes. If not to stay alive for yourself, at least for your parents or kids or someone who would terribly be affected by your death

2 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by CapitanS: 12:33am On Aug 01, 2019
See name, Mr. Pears angry
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Lugianostar(m): 12:34am On Aug 01, 2019
Instead of solving the problem you are going through, you ended up compounding it
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by monaPhilz: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2019
That I'm yet to pay up in this final year, I should kill myself? Shey na who go kn collect the results las las?

1 Like

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by GMbuharii: 12:45am On Aug 01, 2019
Why oh why oh why oh why,do we go on suffering....?
Just look at the sorrow and agony and sadness on his face....
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:51am On Aug 01, 2019
chizzyreal:
grin

Life goes on.... No time to waste time; after all Stunned Scientists say large asteroid that just BARELY missed Earth; size and path was announced only hours before it shot past
so if e been hit earth wetin for been happen?
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Hector050: 12:53am On Aug 01, 2019
Raise money for your bills using Fundclock.com crowdfunding platform [img][/img]
Thetalker:
This is sad as one Bamidele Damilare, a business administration student of Lagos State Polytechnic died after taking a poisonous substance which according to the voice in the video was sniper.

It was gathered that he went into depression after their course coordinator, one Mr.Pears ridiculed and abused him over his inability to pay his fees.

His fellow students protected over his death, today. But, they were rebuffed by the Mr. Pears who washed his hands off Damilare's death.

Security operatives were later called to harass the protesting students.

see video at
https://favytalk..com/2019/07/laspotech-student-owing-tuition-commits.html?m=1

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Vipdikets: 1:09am On Aug 01, 2019
I need you people help now I am facing serious financial issues...

0016352447 access bank
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 01, 2019
it seems suicide is now a form of natural disaster to us as earth quake, flash flood, storm, tornado, avalanche, etc is to the western world o.

Its time the house of parliament passed a bill about this suicide thing cause is really getting out of hand. Moreover the bill should read thus: for every persons that commits suicide should be sentence to death by drowning, and for those that will attempt it should be given 20yrs imprisonment.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 01, 2019
CaptainMitch:
This is very disappointing, I should start helping people once again in my own little corner, I spend tens of thousands drinking weekly imagine if I gave it out one person at a time.
Who ask you?
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by CharlesJok3r: 4:00am On Aug 01, 2019
Damn & Sad embarassed
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by WalkerMichael(m): 4:38am On Aug 01, 2019
sonofElElyon:
The more reason why we need Jesus! No one can survive without love and encouragement.. When you feel that the whole world has turned its back on you, the reality and consciousness of divine love will keep you going on.. Faith and hope in Christ, no matter the negative circumstances is a great antidote for depression!

I agree with you bro. At a point in every man's life, we need someone who can give us words of encouragement and shower us with love. This little gesture goes a loooooooong way.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Princedapace(m): 4:56am On Aug 01, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
I actually did not want to comment, but I had to come back and do in order to enlighten some of us.

Apologies, this write-up is gonna be lengthy.

I read here as a lot of us say suicide is not the option, bla bla.
First you must understand that we have different break points and life experiences. What will make me might break you.

I don't come from a very very poor background, so I'll not come here to talk about experiencing one deadly hardship. I come from this Nigerian kind of average family, where we don't sleep hungry, we have never hawked to feed, never gone to beg in someone's house, didn't have a video cassette player but you dare not leave the house else you die grin, until we finally got ours, sometimes no meat in the food and we were fine, until cars started coming in etc. If you know this kind of background, then we're together.
But this does not take away the fact that there were very hard times when we'll mind our business and cook rice, Palm oil and tomatoes. When we'll not have Christmas clothes and no one will know. It was terrible but mum was supportive and always told us it'll get better. We'll be tired of clothes, cars, houses etc. And so it is today.

That being said I guess you'll agree with me that we are products of our experiences, either directly or learnt from other people's.

When things got better for us I thought it had gotten better for everyone, not until I was admitted to the university. I realized how bad it was to waste food we usually did at home. I saw people wait around just to steal other people's complete pots of food. Some people while they could not feed themselves misfortune was still adding it's own salt to the injury by taking away the Dad. I remember a friend whose Dad died and he had no transport to go home. I helped those I could and left those I couldn't. You don't know what people are going through in this country.

Lemme expressly state this that if you're reading this write-up then you're okay because 1.) You had money to spare to buy a phone that can browse 2.) You could even afford data. Then! You're somehow fine, because if you're not, in the proper priority list of life you'll not but data instead of food. The opportunity cost will always put food at advantage.

See, things are very hard for some people. I mean very hard. I set out to start my own business and I've never managed any before, it was difficult I ended up being indebted. Imagine I didn't have people to save my as.s imagine what would have happened when the owners come asking. Don't forget that ability to get loan is because I have guarantors who can handle that risk. Imagine I don't have? It's even better when you're hustling and you see a future in what you're doing. Some people don't even know what they're doing. Some people are trying to get out of one mess, and they are failing into messier messes.

In this country, to open a common barbing saloon will set you back about 70K. Where do you expect some Nigerians to get it from?

Sat with Dad one night and we spoke at length till about 2am on how their generation failed us by refusing to make appropriate provisions for us. And he told me things that shocked me.
We spoke about how he was contemplating CBN and other Federal Government jobs, how copers used to be rushed and picked from camp with official vehicle as soon as they close camp. Talked about a lot and I asked him why they refused to keep such for us to start with at least. Why they allowed the greedy take everything and become so unshakeably strong? Now it's difficult to change the narrative. Every average youth you see will say "abeg Nigeria don spoil no be me go change am abeg. Make I thief my own dey go" or "baba I wan leave this country like dis. If e just set like this, I don lost". We rather prefer to be second class citizens in another country than stay back fix this mess and be first class citizens here. It's very pathetic though.

I believe in tackling problems from the root. Majority of suicide is caused by lack or lack related problems. Forget about those who do it for love I'm not interested in them this night. When there is lack of provision, everything becomes a do or die affair. Survival becomes competitive. Those who can't meet up must die even in the jungle. Those with power and influence instead of helping to create eveness they set out to steal and stash for their generations unborn. If only we know the repercussions of modern day misappropriation of public funds and the time bomb it is, we'll protest this guys without sentiments. But they've come to understand that we can't be untied so they thrive in our religious and tribal dis unity. We're still here rallying support for the same caliber of thieves in different School uniforms. How sad!

Until death penalty is issued for misappropriation of public funds exceeding 100,000 we'll not get it right. "Person "will keep on stealing "People's"money and getting away with it. Then sink those who cannot partake, into depression which will lead to more suicides.

Lastly, I know we all want to make it. Good! Fine! But understand that when we finally make it, the children of the poor whom basic amenities have been deprived will not allow our children to ever live in peace. Whether we're the cause of their problem or not, and
irrespective of how we finally make our money.
Perfect write-up. Someone is planning a protest soon and I hope we will all understand and join. In this country, we celebrate stupidity beyond human comprehension. I am still shocked at how we celebrate our politicians who have destroyed this country. Nigerian leaders are so lucky. They are lucky because the civil war dealt with the mental state of Nigerians. If u know how these politicians steal eh. In fact, it js like stealing is in our blood.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by femi4: 5:12am On Aug 01, 2019
indigenous234:
Many would storm this thread to say nonsense of how suicide isn't the answer but would rather donate money and other materials to the church and pastors, neglecting peeps around them who seriously need it.

I pray we don't get to the point where even hope is lost.
The poor will always be in your midst
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Zane2point4(m): 5:27am On Aug 01, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
I actually did not want to comment, but I had to come back and do in order to enlighten some of us.

First you must understand that we have different break points and life experiences. What will make me might break you.

I don't come from a very very poor background, so I'll not come here to talk about experiencing one deadly hardship. I come from this Nigerian kind of average family, where we don't sleep hungry, we have never hawked to feed, never gone to beg in someone's house, didn't have a video cassette player but you dare not leave the house else you die grin, until we finally got ours, sometimes no meat in the food and we were fine, until cars started coming in etc. If you know this kind of background, then we're together.
But this does not take away the fact that there were very hard times when we'll mind our business and cook rice, Palm oil and tomatoes. When we'll not have Christmas clothes and no one will know. It was terrible but mum was supportive and always told us it'll get better. We'll be tired of clothes, cars, houses etc. And so it is today.

That being said I guess you'll agree with me that we are products of our experiences, either directly or learnt from other people's.

When things got better for us I thought it had gotten better for everyone, not until I was admitted to the university. I realized how bad it was to waste food we usually did at home. I saw people wait around just to steal other people's complete pots of food. Some people while they could not feed themselves misfortune was still adding it's own salt to the injury by taking away the Dad. I remember a friend whose Dad died and he had no transport to go home. I helped those I could and left those I couldn't. You don't know what people are going through in this country.

Lemme expressly state this that if you're reading this write-up then you're okay because 1.) You had money to spare to buy a phone that can browse 2.) You could even afford data. Then! You're somehow fine, because if you're not, in the proper priority list of life you'll not but data instead of food. The opportunity cost will always put food at advantage.

See, things are very hard for some people. I mean very hard. I set out to start my own business and I've never managed any before, it was difficult I ended up being indebted. Imagine I didn't have people to save my as.s imagine what would have happened when the owners come asking. Don't forget that ability to get loan is because I have guarantors who can handle that risk. Imagine I don't have? It's even better when you're hustling and you see a future in what you're doing. Some people don't even know what they're doing. Some people are trying to get out of one mess, and they are failing into messier messes.

In this country, to open a common barbing saloon will set you back about 70K. Where do you expect some Nigerians to get it from?

Sat with Dad one night and we spoke at length till about 2am on how their generation failed us by refusing to make appropriate provisions for us. And he told me things that shocked me.
We spoke about how he was contemplating CBN and other Federal Government jobs, how copers used to be rushed and picked from camp with official vehicle as soon as they close camp. Talked about a lot and I asked him why they refused to keep such for us to start with at least. Why they allowed the greedy take everything and become so unshakeably strong? Now it's difficult to change the narrative. Every average youth you see will say "abeg Nigeria don spoil no be me go change am abeg. Make I thief my own dey go" or "baba I wan leave this country like dis. If e just set like this, I don lost". We rather prefer to be second class citizens in another country than stay back fix this mess and be first class citizens here. It's very pathetic though.

I believe in tackling problems from the root. Majority of suicide is caused by lack or lack related problems. Forget about those who do it for love I'm not interested in them this night. When there is lack of provision, everything becomes a do or die affair. Survival becomes competitive. Those who can't meet up must die even in the jungle. Those with power and influence instead of helping to create eveness they set out to steal and stash for their generations unborn. If only we know the repercussions of modern day misappropriation of public funds and the time bomb it is, we'll protest this guys without sentiments. But they've come to understand that we can't be untied so they thrive in our religious and tribal dis unity. We're still here rallying support for the same caliber of thieves in different School uniforms. How sad!

Until death penalty is issued for misappropriation of public funds exceeding 100,000 we'll not get it right. "Person "will keep on stealing "People's"money and getting away with it. Then sink those who cannot partake, into depression which will lead to more suicides.

Lastly, I know we all want to make it. Good! Fine! But understand that when we finally make it, the children of the poor whom basic amenities have been deprived will not allow our children to ever live in peace. Whether we're the cause of their problem or not, and
100 percent right, I've thought about this and it worries me alot, am ok atleast financially, but whenever i see a youth struggling i become emotional, i know what it feels like to lack, God help Nigeria and touch the heart of these leaders.
A begger in china has goods roads to even seet amd beg, and 5yen he easily got can feed him comfortably.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Neddstark: 5:40am On Aug 01, 2019
Igbo boys wey no go university dey hustle for Malay. Them no commit suicide. You over school fees, you light off your life. Very silly move. You looked for a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Yeah I'm a depression survivor.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by orobs93(m): 5:48am On Aug 01, 2019
iamvictorbassey:

So much content
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Lovelyn451(f): 6:02am On Aug 01, 2019
Great loss of your friend, yet u guys didnt know he was owing tuition fees, u couldn't help him, now hes dead, you want to assemble at the hospital, to do what, Pray for the dead body...mtchew
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Mrpojj(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2019
indigenous234:
Many would storm this thread to say nonsense of how suicide isn't the answer but would rather donate money and other materials to the church and pastors, neglecting peeps around them who seriously need it.

They don't donate to mosque abi?
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2019
indigenous234:

Why is the church always the problem? You don't remember to talk of
1. People wasting money on high end phones that they do nothing sensible with
2. Owning many phones
3. Wasting money on beer
4. Wasting money in taking some nonsense girls out that will not add ANY value to their lives even when they have wives and or girl friends
5. Wasting money on clothes that they seldom wear
6. Wasting money on betaija and other ponzi schemes like MMM, loom etc
If you can't remember all these things but blame the church then your case is an urgent one. That you don't give to church doesn't mean every other person should be like you. By the way since you've haven't been giving to church, how many people have you helped out of their predicament
NOTE: people aren't helping others because of the giving they give to church. Those who fail to help others around them do so because they don't understand then principle of giving
#EndChurchBlaming
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by 400billionman: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2019
Is Nigeria gradually killing off its youth ?

1 Like

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by itsjeezy: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2019
I read this post and felt motivated.my friends saw this post and felt motivated. my neighbours saw this and were motivated.we rented a big projector in a big field and my village people saw this on the big projector and felt motivated. Now my village people have said they will always read your post thank you so much for this post.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Austineva(m): 7:09am On Aug 01, 2019
Na die hungry dis one o. He was just looking for a reason

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by gaskiyamagana: 7:17am On Aug 01, 2019
indigenous234:

If it is not nonsense, why you don't commit suicide when you have problem sometime ago?
Sorry to say that he killed himself for nothing. This world is full of up and down. Guys over there be prepared to face challenges in order that you have story to tell on from grass to glory, from scrath to stardom, from sour to sweet.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by jaxxy(m): 7:17am On Aug 01, 2019
It’s wrong to ridicule sm1 for not being able to pay his tuition or school fees. What kind of ridiculous society are we in? If he had the means he would have paid so if u not helping with a solution as a lecturer, teacher or administrative personnel why not just stfu?

U don’t know the level of frustration a person is facing u have no right to make it worse. This can be called administrative bullying.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by shogsman(m): 7:36am On Aug 01, 2019
This boy didn't look happy while he was alive.isn't the job of the level adviser to make the direct opposite of this.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by stjoe50: 7:37am On Aug 01, 2019
iamvictorbassey:

. Dear, i had to read to the end, and was even asking for more, cuss it made so much sense. How i wish we all can stand up for our right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Rubbiish(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2019
mamajj17:

My dear lack of LOVE Kills mostly than MONEY, l really appreciate yr Comment cheesy
Not true @bold
Money brings love, but love cannot bring money
If the guy were to come from a rich background, he wouldn't have committed suicide for school fees

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Found Inside Canal In Lagos, Handed Over To The Police (Photos) / Border Closure: Smugglers Create 100 Illegal Routes To Beat Customs In The North / Rival Cult Members Arrested In Osun. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.