Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition (31567 Views)

Ezekiel Mayowa Suicide: Girlfriend Of Jilted LASPOTECH Student Speaks (Pics) / Ezekiel Mayowa: LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide As Girlfriend Dumps Him / Joseph Mayowa, LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Jilted Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Aystarz: 7:43am On Aug 01, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
The real cause of suicide isn't money. It's people! Some people just treat others like crap without even caring about their mental states. Talk of why people die in silence. It's because there's almost always no one to trust as people are so judgmental, without compassion and the desire to support.

[b]Please guys if you notice something strange about someone around you, and you feel you have the ability to approach, don't judge and run into hasty conclusions. Just approach them and try to know what's wrong. Some people just need someone to talk to but their insecurities won't let them open up. If they don't give you the response you desire or they come off as rude, simply back off. At least you've done your part, but never try to make them feel bad because you think they're strange.[b/]You don't know them completely.

Show love to people, in any way you can, and trust me, the rate of depression and suicide will reduce significantly.

Nailed it. An expert on Nigeria Info said virtually the same thing yesterday.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by adedehinbo(m): 7:49am On Aug 01, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
I actually did not want to comment, but I had to come back and do in order to enlighten some of us.

Apologies, this write-up is gonna be lengthy.

I read here as a lot of us say suicide is not the option, bla bla.
First you must understand that we have different break points and life experiences. What will make me might break you.

I don't come from a very very poor background, so I'll not come here to talk about experiencing one deadly hardship. I come from this Nigerian kind of average family, where we don't sleep hungry, we have never hawked to feed, never gone to beg in someone's house, didn't have a video cassette player but you dare not leave the house else you die grin, until we finally got ours, sometimes no meat in the food and we were fine, until cars started coming in etc. If you know this kind of background, then we're together.
But this does not take away the fact that there were very hard times when we'll mind our business and cook rice, Palm oil and tomatoes. When we'll not have Christmas clothes and no one will know. It was terrible but mum was supportive and always told us it'll get better. We'll be tired of clothes, cars, houses etc. And so it is today.

That being said I guess you'll agree with me that we are products of our experiences, either directly or learnt from other people's.

When things got better for us I thought it had gotten better for everyone, not until I was admitted to the university. I realized how bad it was to waste food we usually did at home. I saw people wait around just to steal other people's complete pots of food. Some people while they could not feed themselves misfortune was still adding it's own salt to the injury by taking away the Dad. I remember a friend whose Dad died and he had no transport to go home. I helped those I could and left those I couldn't. You don't know what people are going through in this country.

Lemme expressly state this that if you're reading this write-up then you're okay because 1.) You had money to spare to buy a phone that can browse 2.) You could even afford data. Then! You're somehow fine, because if you're not, in the proper priority list of life you'll not but data instead of food. The opportunity cost will always put food at advantage.

See, things are very hard for some people. I mean very hard. I set out to start my own business and I've never managed any before, it was difficult I ended up being indebted. Imagine I didn't have people to save my as.s imagine what would have happened when the owners come asking. Don't forget that ability to get loan is because I have guarantors who can handle that risk. Imagine I don't have? It's even better when you're hustling and you see a future in what you're doing. Some people don't even know what they're doing. Some people are trying to get out of one mess, and they are failing into messier messes.

In this country, to open a common barbing saloon will set you back about 70K. Where do you expect some Nigerians to get it from?

Sat with Dad one night and we spoke at length till about 2am on how their generation failed us by refusing to make appropriate provisions for us. And he told me things that shocked me.
We spoke about how he was contemplating CBN and other Federal Government jobs, how copers used to be rushed and picked from camp with official vehicle as soon as they close camp. Talked about a lot and I asked him why they refused to keep such for us to start with at least. Why they allowed the greedy take everything and become so unshakeably strong? Now it's difficult to change the narrative. Every average youth you see will say "abeg Nigeria don spoil no be me go change am abeg. Make I thief my own dey go" or "baba I wan leave this country like dis. If e just set like this, I don lost". We rather prefer to be second class citizens in another country than stay back fix this mess and be first class citizens here. It's very pathetic though.

I believe in tackling problems from the root. Majority of suicide is caused by lack or lack related problems. Forget about those who do it for love I'm not interested in them this night. When there is lack of provision, everything becomes a do or die affair. Survival becomes competitive. Those who can't meet up must die even in the jungle. Those with power and influence instead of helping to create eveness they set out to steal and stash for their generations unborn. If only we know the repercussions of modern day misappropriation of public funds and the time bomb it is, we'll protest this guys without sentiments. But they've come to understand that we can't be untied so they thrive in our religious and tribal dis unity. We're still here rallying support for the same caliber of thieves in different School uniforms. How sad!

Until death penalty is issued for misappropriation of public funds exceeding 100,000 we'll not get it right. "Person "will keep on stealing "People's"money and getting away with it. Then sink those who cannot partake, into depression which will lead to more suicides.

Lastly, I know we all want to make it. Good! Fine! But understand that when we finally make it, the children of the poor whom basic amenities have been deprived will not allow our children to ever live in peace. Whether we're the cause of their problem or not, and
irrespective of how we finally make our money.
nothing justified suicide as an escape route to our predicaments, lemme start from somewhere, at age 3,I lost my dad,the breadwinner of our family, mum wasn't working, things became very tough for mum to take care of me and my junior brother,mum had to wash plates in buka for her to feed us,it got to a stage,she couldn't bear it anymore,she was depressed,diagnosed with partial stroke, my grand uncle decides to bail my mum out by picking me while my junior bro was sent to my uncle, I was enrolled into school,growing up was tough,my grand dad sent all his sons to study in boarding school while I stays back with them,I learnt how to cook,wash loads of cloths and iron them without being worried how much they are,my school hours was always the only time I do have to rest while I study in class,my grand uncle was very strict,I got beaten for mere mistakes.
After graduating from primary school,my grand uncle enrolled me to a govt secondary school which isn't far from his office,I will have to walk miles away with two gallon of 25litres to fresh waters until I could fill 4drums of water in an area most classmates lives,those days I looks very tattered like mechanics,one thing during those moment was I had always had the motive to be successful.
I have been framed and beaten like a criminal for offence I know nothing abt,I have faced things I would never wished for anyone even my enemies, I had faced a lot of heartbreak by people I needed most.
After graduating from secondary school,uncle wants me to be his apprentice as a car painter which I vehemently refused,this was the moment uncle stopped catering for me,I had to think of the way to fend for myself.
Firstly,I decided that I would never do any factory or adhoc work for money,I realized the importance of vocational skills,I left uncles place to shomolu,walked in to a shop,pleaded that I want to learn printing, thanksfully I was granted the opportunity, those moment was another moment of suffering but this time I was more focused abt learning so I wasn't bothered,i almost graduated bfr my mum knows where I works,i was already making little cash which I could feed from,and had some savings which I used to secure a part time studies at UNILAG, lemme also remind u,those moments I was sleeping in a public bus while going to work, to cut the long story short, after I finished studying,I got an opportunity to head a printing firm in UNILAG currently and also have a poultry farm that fetches me money aside my salary, I am living a better life now, listen I was depressed those moments too,I could have taken my own life too,but I didn't because I had the belief those moment won't last forever, I am not trying to say I am strong enough to face all that,but I have come to realized that suicide wasn't the way out

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by iamvictorbassey: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2019
stjoe50:
. Dear, i had to read to the end, and was even asking for more, cuss it made so much sense. How i wish we all can stand up for our right
Thanks man
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by mozona(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2019
i want to ask oh....

did he killed himself to make the lecturer feel bad or what?
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by iamvictorbassey: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2019
adedehinbo:
nothing justified suicide as an escape route to our predicaments, lemme start from somewhere, at age 3,I lost my dad,the breadwinner of our family, mum wasn't working, things became very tough for mum to take care of me and my junior brother,mum had to wash plates in buka for her to feed us,it got to a stage,she couldn't bear it anymore,she was depressed,diagnosed with partial stroke, my grand uncle decides to bail my mum out by picking me while my junior bro was sent to my uncle, I was enrolled into school,growing up was tough,my grand dad sent all his sons to study in boarding school while I stays back with them,I learnt how to cook,wash loads of cloths and iron them without being worried how much they are,my school hours was always the only time I do have to rest while I study in class,my grand uncle was very strict,I got beaten for mere mistakes.
After graduating from primary school,my grand uncle enrolled me to a govt secondary school which isn't far from his office,I will have to walk miles away with two gallon of 25litres to fresh waters until I could fill 4drums of water in an area most classmates lives,those days I looks very tattered like mechanics,one thing during those moment was I had always had the motive to be successful.
I have been framed and beaten like a criminal for offence I know nothing abt,I have faced things I would never wished for anyone even my enemies, I had faced a lot of heartbreak by people I needed most.
After graduating from secondary school,uncle wants me to be his apprentice as a car painter which I vehemently refused,this was the moment uncle stopped catering for me,I had to think of the way to fend for myself.
Firstly,I decided that I would never do any factory or adhoc work for money,I realized the importance of vocational skills,I left uncles place to shomolu,walked in to a shop,pleaded that I want to learn printing, thanksfully I was granted the opportunity, those moment was another moment of suffering but this time I was more focused abt learning so I wasn't bothered,i almost graduated bfr my mum knows where I works,i was already making little cash which I could feed from,and had some savings which I used to secure a part time studies at UNILAG, lemme also remind u,those moments I was sleeping in a public bus while going to work, to cut the long story short, after I finished studying,I got an opportunity to head a printing firm in UNILAG currently and also have a poultry farm that fetches me money aside my salary, I am living a better life now, listen I was depressed those moments too,I could have taken my own life too,but I didn't because I had the belief those moment won't last forever, I am not trying to say I am strong enough to face all that,but I have come to realized that suicide wasn't the way out

Brother, I like your story. I feel happy you can smile today. But like I said earlier I'll still repeat it again. What will make you might break me. I used to make this mistake before of being angry at people for not being as strong as I am. But I've stopped it. I've come to understand that there are individual differences amongst us.

Another thing I have noticed is depression is less likely from 0-16 years. Because you can jump into anything, trade, learn any skill just like you, etc. But you see this our age and generation especially the 90's children. The space feels so tight. From 21-above the pressure is too much.

I'll give you an example, I remember judging young hustlers who used to drink bottled water coupled with the cost. Not until my sister was diagnosed with Typhoid. Now I don't see people drinking bottled water as forming Porsche. Because I can relate.

Please let's understand that and leave people to their choices. I have no problem with someone who enters a place and does not find it conducive and decides to leave. I don't. Including Earth. Yes!! Because me for one I hate stress. I'm just lucky my parents have given us a good starting foundation.

If one cannot stand the heat, then he/she should leave the kitchen.
We're all different. Finally I'm happy for you, please use your story to encourage and help others.

1 Like

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by MILLERMannn: 9:03am On Aug 01, 2019
starbuck:
To die hungry am biko, no be the lecturer's fault
Hmmm
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by MILLERMannn: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
The real cause of suicide isn't money. It's people! Some people just treat others like crap without even caring about their mental states. Talk of why people die in silence. It's because there's almost always no one to trust as people are so judgmental, without compassion and the desire to support.

Please guys if you notice something strange about someone around you, and you feel you have the ability to approach, don't judge and run into hasty conclusions. Just approach them and try to know what's wrong. Some people just need someone to talk to but their insecurities won't let them open up. If they don't give you the response you desire or they come off as rude, simply back off. At least you've done your part, but never try to make them feel bad because you think they're strange. You don't know them completely.

Show love to people, in any way you can, and trust me, the rate of depression and suicide will reduce significantly.

Thank you for the lovely message.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Elliot2(m): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Please guys if you notice something strange about someone around you, and you feel you have the ability to approach, don't judge and run into hasty conclusions. Just approach them and try to know what's wrong. Some people just need someone to talk to but their insecurities won't let them open up. If they don't give you the response you desire or they come off as rude, simply back off. At least you've done your part, but never try to make them feel bad because you think they're strange. You don't know them completely.

You see this life? no one cares about anyone. I have been in dire need of #6k and no one could come through for. This same amount I would give others without a thought in my good days.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2019
U r a fool y church& pastors? D govt who u elected nko?
indigenous234:
Many would storm this thread to say nonsense of how suicide isn't the answer but would rather donate money and other materials to the church and pastors, neglecting peeps around them who seriously need it.

I pray we don't get to the point where even hope is lost.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Babaken(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2019
If you mention BUHARI now some APC vampire will bring out their heads that how buhari is the cause why won't him be the cause when someone can hardly find part time job that student can do to assist when the full time is not been paid all because the country is not working how will the country work when they put dead man walking on the seat because of greed many of the elite brainwash their follower and bundle that selve acclaim father of nation there. now many of our up coming youth think that YAHOO is profession.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by bbjayone(f): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2019
i pray dat u wont find ursef in a very ugly situation where all hope is lost
UceeGod:
He just found an excuse to do what had bedeviled his mind. A rational mind can't just commit suicide for such a flimsy reason.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

Why is the church always the problem? You don't remember to talk of
1. People wasting money on high end phones that they do nothing sensible with
2. Owning many phones
3. Wasting money on beer
4. Wasting money in taking some nonsense girls out that will not add ANY value to their lives even when they have wives and or girl friends
5. Wasting money on clothes that they seldom wear
6. Wasting money on betaija and other ponzi schemes like MMM, loom etc
If you can't remember all these things but blame the church then your case is an urgent one. That you don't give to church doesn't mean every other person should be like you. By the way since you've haven't been giving to church, how many people have you helped out of their predicament
NOTE: people aren't helping others because of the giving they give to church. Those who fail to help others around them do so because they don't understand then principle of giving
#EndChurchBlaming
you are a pastor.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by rikithor(m): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
feeling deeply sad,
so sad right now,laspotech was my school did ND and HND there btw 2004-2010,while in my ND,similar suicide thoughts came heavily on me,cos my ND result was delayed,I almost got insane in worrying,lots of go here,go there,come back ,from bariga to ikorodu,imaging distance,work place needs result to staff me ,I need the result for HND
I finished HND without OnD result but my HoD will continue frustrating ,I feared greatly

ahhhhhh
suicide thoughts was loud within then it was third mainland bridge water that was my target!!
thank God ,I made up my mind to loose any opportunity that may want to come to me cos of academic qualifications

am a victor,certificate or not ,I have whatever is needed to live even beyond this world

t
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by armadeo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
Caspian22:
This is really sad. I think Nigeria should have plans for students who are owing school fees, like student loans. But how will they pay student loans when there is no job? Chai, He should have dropped out and did something else.

Mental health is a serious issue in Nigeria. That's why the rate of suicides is increasing.

Here are the 5 Common Mental Health Problems in Nigeria

https://healthguide.ng/mental-health-problems-in-nigeria/

Student loans?

When you dont have an adequate database of how many nigerians are in the country. Ordinary NYsc loans people abandoned the certificate. Talk of student loans. Lol.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by indigenous234(f): 12:43am On Aug 02, 2019
nnaemekanwachuk:
U r a fool y church& pastors? D govt who u elected nko?

Igbo
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by indigenous234(f): 12:52am On Aug 02, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

Why is the church always the problem? You don't remember to talk of
1. People wasting money on high end phones that they do nothing sensible with
2. Owning many phones
3. Wasting money on beer
4. Wasting money in taking some nonsense girls out that will not add ANY value to their lives even when they have wives and or girl friends
5. Wasting money on clothes that they seldom wear
6. Wasting money on betaija and other ponzi schemes like MMM, loom etc
If you can't remember all these things but blame the church then your case is an urgent one. That you don't give to church doesn't mean every other person should be like you. By the way since you've haven't been giving to church, how many people have you helped out of their predicament
NOTE: people aren't helping others because of the giving they give to church. Those who fail to help others around them do so because they don't understand then principle of giving
#EndChurchBlaming

Since you remembered to add all these to the frivolities of our society and still picked on my singular mention of "the church" and it's attendant pastor, my brother, your case is more urgent.

Over religiosity no go kill us for this country. I'll rather have "Love" than Church any day, any time.

Have a nice day.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by SHOCK7(m): 5:57am On Aug 03, 2019
starbuck:
To die hungry am biko, no be the lecturer's fault
What wrong with u,so insensitive 4 a female

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In The Act: Young Lagos School Boy Pictured Stealing Pure Water From Truck / 2 Elderly Men Who Stole Cassava Stripped Unclad (Photos) / Man Found Inside Canal In Lagos, Handed Over To The Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.