Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition (31548 Views)

Ezekiel Mayowa Suicide: Girlfriend Of Jilted LASPOTECH Student Speaks (Pics) / Ezekiel Mayowa: LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide As Girlfriend Dumps Him / Joseph Mayowa, LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Jilted Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Thetalker: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2019
This is sad as one Bamidele Damilare, a business administration student of Lagos State Polytechnic died after taking a poisonous substance which according to the voice in the video was sniper.

It was gathered that he went into depression after their course coordinator, one Mr.Pears ridiculed and abused him over his inability to pay his fees.

His fellow students protected over his death, today. But, they were rebuffed by the Mr. Pears who washed his hands off Damilare's death.

Security operatives were later called to harass the protesting students.

see video at
https://favytalk..com/2019/07/laspotech-student-owing-tuition-commits.html?m=1

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by indigenous234(f): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Many would storm this thread to say nonsense of how suicide isn't the answer but would rather donate money and other materials to the church and pastors, neglecting peeps around them who seriously need it.

I pray we don't get to the point where even hope is lost.

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
The real cause of suicide isn't money. It's people! Some people just treat others like crap without even caring about their mental states. Talk of why people die in silence. It's because there's almost always no one to trust as people are so judgmental, without compassion and the desire to support.

Please guys if you notice something strange about someone around you, and you feel you have the ability to approach, don't judge and run into hasty conclusions. Just approach them and try to know what's wrong. Some people just need someone to talk to but their insecurities won't let them open up. If they don't give you the response you desire or they come off as rude, simply back off. At least you've done your part, but never try to make them feel bad because you think they're strange. You don't know them completely.

Show love to people, in any way you can, and trust me, the rate of depression and suicide will reduce significantly.

179 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by starbuck(f): 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
To die hungry am biko, no be the lecturer's fault

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by chizzyreal: 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
grin

Life goes on.... No time to waste time; after all Stunned Scientists say large asteroid that just BARELY missed Earth; size and path was announced only hours before it shot past

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Caspian22(m): 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
This is really sad. I think Nigeria should have plans for students who are owing school fees, like student loans. But how will they pay student loans when there is no job? Chai, He should have dropped out and did something else.

Mental health is a serious issue in Nigeria. That's why the rate of suicides is increasing.

Here are the 5 Common Mental Health Problems in Nigeria

https://healthguide.ng/mental-health-problems-in-nigeria/

11 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Suicide is never an option.

And this blogger can cause war. Look at his choice of words and expression. Shows that you're already taking sides and are inciting your readers to your side.

Bloggers should distance themselves from all forms of political, tribal or ideological biases. Else, you'll lose your audience.

3 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by oceaneverdry77: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Terrible news this night. What a day.
Why suicide. You just collect that type of buhari's certificate. Than suffering yourself in schools wahala. Anyway bye. Bye you too mumu to kill yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by iamvictorbassey: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
I actually did not want to comment, but I had to come back and do in order to enlighten some of us.

Apologies, this write-up is gonna be lengthy.

I read here as a lot of us say suicide is not the option, bla bla.
First you must understand that we have different break points and life experiences. What will make me might break you.

I don't come from a very very poor background, so I'll not come here to talk about experiencing one deadly hardship. I come from this Nigerian kind of average family, where we don't sleep hungry, we have never hawked to feed, never gone to beg in someone's house, didn't have a video cassette player but you dare not leave the house else you die grin, until we finally got ours, sometimes no meat in the food and we were fine, until cars started coming in etc. If you know this kind of background, then we're together.
But this does not take away the fact that there were very hard times when we'll mind our business and cook rice, Palm oil and tomatoes. When we'll not have Christmas clothes and no one will know. It was terrible but mum was supportive and always told us it'll get better. We'll be tired of clothes, cars, houses etc. And so it is today.

That being said I guess you'll agree with me that we are products of our experiences, either directly or learnt from other people's.

When things got better for us I thought it had gotten better for everyone, not until I was admitted to the university. I realized how bad it was to waste food we usually did at home. I saw people wait around just to steal other people's complete pots of food. Some people while they could not feed themselves misfortune was still adding it's own salt to the injury by taking away the Dad. I remember a friend whose Dad died and he had no transport to go home. I helped those I could and left those I couldn't. You don't know what people are going through in this country.

Lemme expressly state this that if you're reading this write-up then you're okay because 1.) You had money to spare to buy a phone that can browse 2.) You could even afford data. Then! You're somehow fine, because if you're not, in the proper priority list of life you'll not but data instead of food. The opportunity cost will always put food at advantage.

See, things are very hard for some people. I mean very hard. I set out to start my own business and I've never managed any before, it was difficult I ended up being indebted. Imagine I didn't have people to save my as.s imagine what would have happened when the owners come asking. Don't forget that ability to get loan is because I have guarantors who can handle that risk. Imagine I don't have? It's even better when you're hustling and you see a future in what you're doing. Some people don't even know what they're doing. Some people are trying to get out of one mess, and they are failing into messier messes.

In this country, to open a common barbing saloon will set you back about 70K. Where do you expect some Nigerians to get it from?

Sat with Dad one night and we spoke at length till about 2am on how their generation failed us by refusing to make appropriate provisions for us. And he told me things that shocked me.
We spoke about how he was contemplating CBN and other Federal Government jobs, how copers used to be rushed and picked from camp with official vehicle as soon as they close camp. Talked about a lot and I asked him why they refused to keep such for us to start with at least. Why they allowed the greedy take everything and become so unshakeably strong? Now it's difficult to change the narrative. Every average youth you see will say "abeg Nigeria don spoil no be me go change am abeg. Make I thief my own dey go" or "baba I wan leave this country like dis. If e just set like this, I don lost". We rather prefer to be second class citizens in another country than stay back fix this mess and be first class citizens here. It's very pathetic though.

I believe in tackling problems from the root. Majority of suicide is caused by lack or lack related problems. Forget about those who do it for love I'm not interested in them this night. When there is lack of provision, everything becomes a do or die affair. Survival becomes competitive. Those who can't meet up must die even in the jungle. Those with power and influence instead of helping to create eveness they set out to steal and stash for their generations unborn. If only we know the repercussions of modern day misappropriation of public funds and the time bomb it is, we'll protest this guys without sentiments. But they've come to understand that we can't be untied so they thrive in our religious and tribal dis unity. We're still here rallying support for the same caliber of thieves in different School uniforms. How sad!

Until death penalty is issued for misappropriation of public funds exceeding 100,000 we'll not get it right. "Person "will keep on stealing "People's"money and getting away with it. Then sink those who cannot partake, into depression which will lead to more suicides.

Lastly, I know we all want to make it. Good! Fine! But understand that when we finally make it, the children of the poor whom basic amenities have been deprived will not allow our children to ever live in peace. Whether we're the cause of their problem or not, and
irrespective of how we finally make our money.

146 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by pinkygurl(f): 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
The real cause of suicide isn't money. It's people! Some people just treat others like crap without even caring about their mental states. Talk of why people die in silence. It's because there's almost always no one to trust as people are so judgmental, without compassion and the desire to support.

Please guys if you notice something strange about someone around you, and you feel you have the ability to approach, don't judge and run into hasty conclusions. Just approach them and try to know what's wrong. Some people just need someone to talk to but their insecurities won't let them open up. If they don't give you the response you desire or they come off as rude, simply back off. At least you've done your part, but never try to make them feel bad because you think they're strange. You don't know them completely.

Show love to people, in any way you can, and trust me, the rate of depression and suicide will reduce significantly.
shocked
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Uchenduin: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Uncle Ned why?
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by ednut1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Nairaland mods should be banning these instablog copy and past bloggers not taking them to FP

3 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Ijaycool(f): 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
The economy is bad.
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Egemeole: 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
nawa oh
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by yomalex(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
Rather unfortunate.

The lecturer in question should receive a strong reprimand from the institution's leadership
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Flier: 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Its a mental disorder.Brain has about 100 billion cells or neurons, it’s going to be difficult to find someone with a complete cell especially in Africa where we lose lot of cells every day due to environmental issues
A sane human being will never commit suicide in any circumstances and this is why you must be careful when you are relating with people
Many are roaming but few are sane

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by mamajj17(f): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

My dear lack of LOVE Kills mostly than MONEY, l really appreciate yr Comment cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by CotenantNIG: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
nigerian lecturers need to stop using their frustrations on the students

they are not the reason some of you failed in life

download cotenant android app to get shared apartment all across Nigeria

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cotenant.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by adigun98(m): 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
'No matter what I am going through now,I will never die being broke'
That's being my motivational word and it works for me
Everybody is depressed

2 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by JudasNaCarrot: 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
The number of people that committed suicide have outnumbered those that died from it since this bad man became President.

Tufiakwa! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Meedon: 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
God bless the dead
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Drsheddy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
Choose to receive Christ and accepts God’s free gift of salvation.

“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.” John 1:12-13 (NLT)

You can take these steps by praying a simple prayer of commitment to God:

“Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me. I realize I need you in my life, and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand it more. As much as I know how I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a Christian.”

“Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” Romans 10:13 (NLT)

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)

3 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by ovieigho(m): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by enemyofprogress: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Chrysz(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
starbuck:
To die hungry am biko, no be the lecturer's fault
may you understand.

2 Likes

Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by enemyofprogress: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
The number of people that committed suicide have outnumbered those that died since this bad man became President.

Tufiakwa!
you are very right
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by MrMou: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
Una too dey overdo for Naija. Small thing must not trend, whether na fashion o, or dance or even suicide, una must over do! Nawa!
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by Uniqueteco(m): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
What a waste
Re: Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition by UceeGod: 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
He just found an excuse to do what had bedeviled his mind. A rational mind can't just commit suicide for such a flimsy reason.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Impersonates Mopol , Mounts Road Block To Feed Family (photo) / Italian: Notorious Kidnapper Justice Amadi Wanted By Rivers Police / Woman’s Decomposing Body Found In Abakiliki Apartment By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.