Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? (8010 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / Nigeria Leads The World In Enthusiasm For Business / Cocoa Production In Nigeria Will Double By 2015 - Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by jamaican: 1:19pm On May 13, 2007
Hello

Greetings to my Nigerian folks boys and girl. My name is Dwayne, am a 20 year old Jamaican living in the UK. I am business man with naija guys. I want to know if there are any Jamaicans in Nigeria doing business. Also, if you think you have good business for me, feel free to get in contact.

Waiting for your (anticipated) reply.

Thanks
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by naijacutee(f): 3:09pm On May 13, 2007
Hi Dwayne, I'll advise you to look very very well before you leap. Welcome to Nigeria, open your eyes really wide. I know there's a Jamaican community somewhere cos my mum had a jamaican friend who used to come round to her shop and sometimes, buy jamaican food from some restaurant in Lagos. . .
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by jamaican: 3:40pm On May 13, 2007
Thanks for your prosperopus reply. May i ask where in nigeria are you based?? and can you find out really if there is really a jamaican community in nigeria. Waiting for your anticipated reply.

All the best
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by naijacutee(f): 3:43pm On May 13, 2007
Sorry, Dwayne but I'm in the UK at the mo. I'll advise that (as with any other business, anywhere else) you're sure that there is a market for your product/service beforehand. It's easy to assume that "this or that will sell in Nigeria", and when you get there you find that there are better, cheaper alternatives.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by jamaican: 3:44pm On May 13, 2007
Oh ok. Am in the UK aswell, where in the UK are u, im in london
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by DisGuy: 4:21pm On May 13, 2007
Any Jamaicans in nigeria? yes there are mostly wives of nigerians, contractors and embassy people

Will nigeria welcome you there? Not literally you are just like everyone else! If you have something in abundant supply and there is a strong demand for it then you might get a big welcome cheesy
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by Crownvilla(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2007
Hi Dwayne,

My girlfriend was just telling me yesterday of a Jamaican family in Nigeria that are into the shipping business. I wasn't paying too much attention as I was trying to watch the football (men, hey?) She said their Dad came to Nigeria in the 50s married seven Nigerian wives and built himself a prosperous, shipping enterpries while he was at it!  (Yo Jamaica seen!!).

Anyways, I think she mentioned their name, the Rickets family, I'm not too sure if she's somewhat related to them, like I said earlier, I was distracted by the TV.

When I get to see her this evening,  I will get more details and post to you. By the way I'm in London too, whatever happened to the weather, hey?
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:33pm On May 15, 2007
Stay in your country.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by sisimose(f): 9:16pm On May 15, 2007
lol
dwayne
go for a trial run. people are great, you wont find a major difference btw jamaica and Nigeria except the many languages. Yes there are quite a few jamaicans in our country. Don't be put off, thesame struggles and runs you have in jamaica we have too. someone said becareful, yes , just like any where in the world be careful, nothing unique to nigeria. goodluck
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by stranger12: 1:04pm On May 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Stay in your country.

thats very childish of you
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:55pm On May 16, 2007
*shrugs* Im happy to welcome St Vincys cheesy
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by seun001(m): 7:27am On May 17, 2007
SSPOSE U TELL US THE KIND OF BIZ U R INTO, ,

U ARE VERY WELCOME IN NIGERIA,WE ACCOMODATE ALL VISITORS IN OUR COUNTRY.

THINK OOUR COUNTRY IS JUST LIKE URS IN A WAY.SAME HUSTLE AND BUSTLE,SAME STRUGGLES ETC, THINK U WILL LIKE IT ERE.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by redsun(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2007
Hi Dwayne,i live in england,a nigerian.I love your idea,i have always advocate for all blacks with western experience and ideas to have base in africa,africa needs it and that is how is should be,just like the jews and isreal. My best friend is from st kitts,i do talk to him about it,but you know not every body thinks alike at the same time. I can set you with free accomodation in nigeria for you to go and see what may interest you.Let me know what you want.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by Tornadoz(m): 9:37am On May 17, 2007
@ThiefOfHearts
Stay in your country.
What a stupid bigot.
America is your country yeah.
Shut up if you have no meaning full contribution to make.
This stupid bigot really gets my goat.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by afolayangs(m): 10:26am On May 17, 2007
Dwayne i like your idea and nigeria have high business prospects because of it large population (150 million).

I work with an investment bank- financial advisory department and will have many foreign clientele from china, brazil etc.

You can contact me on afolayangbenga@yahoo.com for further information on your business plan/feasibility studies and other business advise
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by peteroby(m): 12:33pm On May 17, 2007
hello Dwayne, you are free to come and invest your cash in Nigeria.if you have doubt about someone you want to partner with in Nigeria you can contact us.we Specialized in business corporate Investigations and matters and Surveillance/BG.Thank you so much for interest in Nigeria  and i  hope to be of service to you.
securitypartner5@hotmail.com
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by pmdaboh(f): 3:14pm On May 17, 2007
Even if there were no other Jamacians in Nigeria, your expertise and culture should be welcome.  No country can grow if they are not willing to at least listen to and explore other peoples ideas, thoughts, and feelings.  I love Nigeria, and I am an African American woman.  I married a Nigerian man.  

The comment from one person to "stay in Jamacia" was very narrow-minded!  If everyone stayed in their own country, than how could we learn from another and assist one another.

Study the market in Nigeria for your field, and make a wise decision.

Best wishes!
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by BlackMamba(m): 6:04pm On May 17, 2007
My Youth,
If you have good trees to sell, we can do business. Respect.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:21am On May 18, 2007
Rofl looks like Tornadz is a jamo. grin

Aw did I hurt your feelings? cry
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by emmydee(m): 10:10am On May 18, 2007
Jamaican dear,

If you have money for any investment in Nigeria, you are welcome. Nigeria is a big market, the biggest in Africa. Of course, you have to be careful just like you should be in any country even in Jamaica and UK! I have lots of business ideas that might interest you but it's not for public consumption. so email me for details : publicity@whitecoalmedia.com
or give me a call. 234-803-776612, 234-1-895-8470. I live and do business in Lagos, so my experience counts.
goodluck.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ovadose(f): 3:15pm On May 20, 2007
I wouldnt say there are many Jamaicans in Nigeria. However there are many West Indians in Nigeria. There is an organization called NWIA- Nigerian West Indian Association. My mother is Jamaican, and she lives in naija on a semi permanent basis, Nigeria is lucrative for anyone that has a product that pple want. There are a good number of West Indians doing well in Nigeria.
Or better yet, you can look for info on Nigerwives- it is mostly made up of women, but they welcome men. Pretty much a group of non-Nigerians married to Nigerians.
Good luck on your quest.
Nigeria and Jamaica have a lot of similarities, but you will experience culture shock as is expected when you live somewhere new
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ckenneths(m): 5:34pm On May 20, 2007
Just when I think the country is getting better and we wre going to start enjoying life like other countries, due to improved economic conditions, and these Jamaicans and South Africans and Indians, Chinese will start to form a queve to struggle for the opportunity here.

Well I have news for you, I was given a raw deal which left me penniless and frustrated when I tried to live abroad.
So now am here, let all of you guys stay put in your country.

Infact there are no roads here, no water, light goes off every two minutes, I can go on and on and on.

So Jamaican, relax in Jamaica or did you say Uk?
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by pmdaboh(f): 6:23pm On May 20, 2007
ckenneths . . .you sound very bitter!  I wish things had worked out for you, but just because you have experienced "life" in a rather negative way, that is no reason to be rude.  If America and other countries had that same attitude, how could any of us help one another.  Oprah Winfrey just came into Africa, opened a school for girls (free of charge to them), and will oversee their education all the way through college.  Americans, Jamacians, and other ethic groups have much to offer Africa, just like Africans have much to offer other countries if they are given an opportunity. 

I was taken advantage of by someone who identified himself as a Nigerian, prior to meeting and marrying my Nigerian husband who will soon join me in the states (I am African American).  However, I asked God to help me not to harden my heart against Nigerians just because one in paricular was a manipulator.  I pray your bitterness turns around, for if your experience can allow you to be this rude to a person (no matter what his/her nationality) who would like to come to Nigeria and go into business, than you make Nigeria look very bad (uninviting)!  As you mentioned, Nigeria already has so many problems (poverty, electric shortages, frauds, etc), so why are you adding to that list by being uninviting and rude?

I wish you a prosperous and happy future, ckenneths, but please try to change that negative and bitter attitude!
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ckenneths(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2007
Pmdabor, I am not bitter in the least, you simply did not understand my style of writing in that post. I was using opposites to ask the guy to come in if he is serious.

On success, things really did work out for me big time and you need to know just how prosperous who you are writing about is. But I think we are digressing.

You are supposed to feel more ashamed because you even sound much more rude and bitter than I did. You sound pissed off about something else?

Like I said earlier, I was using opposites to add humour to the whole write up instead of sounding as if we are begging him to come and help us here.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by ckenneths(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2007
And you even said you wish me a prosperous future? well how about that after your hot words! My post is innocent enough.

I have made hundreds prosperous already so I guess the prosperity you are wishing will go on to bless more of our people. Thanks all the same.

[b]Just learn to tone down your responses and re-read posts before opening fire, all things in this country are just beautiful, we are having the fun of our lives and thats why I can afford to sit here in Nigeria and joke about many things. There's water, good roads, light etc.
Yes let me use simple language for people like pmdabor who cannot understand riddles.[/b]Its a nice country for all serious people. All are invited including - yes YOU.
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by pmdaboh(f): 11:54pm On May 20, 2007
ckenneths , One thing about me is that if I am wrong, I am quick to apologize or repent of a wrong doing. I read and re-read your response to the question again. And, ckenneths, as a Business Education Teacher, who has instructed adults as well as children, I could not sense a tone of humor in any part of your response to the question. If you were attempting to be humorous in your response, and in order not to be taken the wrong way, than at some point, I believe it is writing etiquette to include phrases, for examples, such as: (1) no seriously . . . . (2) or just kidding . . . etc. That way, no one reading your response will get the impression that you really mean "just what you are writing". You did not indicate that you were just joking in any part of your response. Whether I personally believe you were using humor or not is not the point; however, I wonder if the person writing the question realized it.

Even with that being said, I wish you a blessed and prosperous future.

Patricia M. Daboh
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by akara(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2007
If u are bringing in trees, dont bother, Nigeria has enough. But back to your question, of course Nigerians would welcome you if your business idea was sound. But you would have to mind your partners. Stayed some weeks in Montego Bay and Santa Cruz and mi no say una wise too! and living in London will even make u wiser! cool
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by darker(m): 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2010
hello Nigerians , just browsing and saw the post , first timer here
I am of Jamaican parentage , my wife is Nigerian (filing papers for her ) visited Nigeria four times

but can anyone out there guide me with correct facts and procedure to get a resident permit for Nigeria
got so many different tales about this
the
I also intend to start a business there

Jah Bless
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by DisGuy: 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
darker:

hello Nigerians , just browsing and saw the post , first timer here
I am of Jamaican parentage , my wife is Nigerian (filing papers for her ) visited Nigeria four times

but can anyone out there guide me with correct facts and procedure to get a resident permit for Nigeria
got so many different tales about this
the
I also intend to start a business there

Jah Bless

Try the travel Section

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-2.0.html
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by DrKitaun(m): 11:25am On May 01, 2010
Pmdaboh

u be daboh pikin?
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by DrKitaun(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2010
Ckenneths

prosperous people dont mouth off on d www !
Re: Any Jamaicans In Nigeria? Will Nigeria Welcome Me There For Business? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2011
naijacutee:

Hi Dwayne, I'll advise you to look very very well before you leap. Welcome to Nigeria, open your eyes really wide. [size=18pt]I know there's a Jamaican community somewhere cos my mum had a jamaican friend who used to come round to her shop and sometimes, buy jamaican food from some restaurant in Lagos[/size]. . .

[color=#0055bb]ok seriously WTF?![/COLOR]

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Free Report On Cashew Nuts Trading..... / Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. / Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.