Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal (35730 Views)

Sadiya Farouq Travels To US For Childbirth - The Street Journal / Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal / The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by pxalmydee(m): 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
worst government in the history of nigger area

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
ProudDick:

Dasuki is in your house right?

I didn't say he lives in ur village, I said he isn't facing anything
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2019
badboywizzy:
Almost all the oil producing African countries are suffering from one crisis or the other. Someone somewhere must be benefiting from these crisis.
Angola and moderate arab countries are at peace. The Nigeria crisis is a product of radical Islamism. That is the truth every one is afraid to voice out. can I also tell you that Angola banned Islam over 6 years ago which means you can't practice Islam in Angola.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by blank(f): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
selemempe:
u are still wrong on the almost...tell me wat crisis in equitorial guinea, angola, congo (small one), morocco and tunisia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angolan_Civil_War

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/03/millions-flee-bloodshed-as-congos-army-steps-up-fight-with-rebels-in-east

Morocco produces small volumes of oil and natural gas from the Essaouira Basin and small amounts of natural gas from the Gharb Basin. Consequently, Morocco is the largest energy importer in northern Africa.

Tunisia is a small producer of oil and natural gas. Oil production began in 1966, at 118,000 barrels/day in 1980, and reached 63,000 barrels in 2015. The country is a net importer from the year 2000 onwards. ... : El Borma, in 1964, on the Tunisian-Algerian border.

Other top Oil producing countries in Africa experiencing wars:
South Sudan
Chad
Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by tsdarkside(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
freeze001:

It takes actual zombies to keep supporting and encouraging a government that has all these atrocities to its credit and its currency of leadership is lies, deceit, nepotism and more lies. Call IPOB a million and one times, you will still stop and realise that many more persons across tribes that have no membership or relationship with IPOB have continued to call out this government for the demonic cancer that it is. This realisation however, comes only to those who aren't actually zombies or have actively dropped the zombie toga.

sooo,you think you have the right to call us names,but we are not allowed to call you names back too....?!

i dont know who gave una that license but when talkin to nigerians its not valid....
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by tsdarkside(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
Rgade:

Concentrate on the topic and stop trying to deflect to ipob.
Your country is mass burying slain soldiers sacrificed to Boko.
What do you have to say about it.
Ipob is not what is running your country aground.
We'll talk about them later.

what i have to say about it....

am i in a interview....??

oya,wire my account,then i will tell you....
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
grin

Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by ProudDick: 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I didn't say he lives in ur village, I said he isn't facing anything

I pray you face what “he is not facing”.
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by SolexOlenin(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
illiteratepmb:
Secret Military Cemetery Concealing Over 1,000 Dead Nigerian Soldiers In Borno – Wall Street Journal

https://dailynigerian.com/secret-military-cemetery-concealing-over-1000-dead-nigerian-soldiers-in-borno-report/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-military-cemetery-conceals-toll-of-islamist-insurgency-in-nigeria-11564565406

Imagine a man joining the military in order to eliminate poverty in his immediate family. He died and his family keep wallowing in poverty while the wife and children are chased out of barrack. And the suffering just began.

And this is a family I know today.

The tale of a Nigerian soldier.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by follock007(m): 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
you guys are doing a great job... it would be better for your guys to do more research to uncover this aberration because i believe that soldiers deserve better treatment from the Nigerian government as much as the respect of the entire good people of the world. you know what to do.
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
ProudDick:

I pray you face what “he is not facing”.

Once i commit what he commits, den no qualms
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
sassysure:
I'm not surprised at all.

So what do they tell the families or is it part of the duty too that dead soldiers should be buried by the Nigerian military anywhere they wish?

It's all about corruption. The salaries and entitlements of these dead soldiers are currently being enjoyed by some corrupt few.
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
Blue3k:

Oh well hopefully they at least inform families and pay what ever is owed them. Until opperational tactics are made the soldiers will be mowed down. Its their waste and foolishness that prolong war getting troops killed. 

• Eliminate security votes. Budget that money transparently to military to avoid waste and fraud. They could have bought all the weapons they wanted without draining excess crude account. 

• Second focus resources on DICON and consider changing their role. The private sector can produce all the weapons effectively. 

• Third secure border and focus on economy of region.

PS: If the war still ranging with what's NE redevelopment commission going to be doing?

You are convinced that you know what you're talking about, but you're stark ignorant, or at best naive

Your first point above, you want security votes to be channeled to the military, in order to avoid fraud, according to you. A military that secretly buries it's own in order to delete the "pawn" from history and divert their salaries and entitlements to a corrupt few.
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by luluosas(m): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
This is terribly serious if true
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by BenedictStinson(m): 12:58am On Aug 02, 2019
In this Buhari's tenure one should really thank God for every second of life because the amount of death and suffering brought about by this administration is beyond natural.
Lord Jesus thank you for my life and the life of my loved ones. Continue to keep us safe by your grace. In Jesus name amen.
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Blue3k(m): 3:58am On Aug 02, 2019
ikennaf1:

You are convinced that you know what you're talking about, but you're stark ignorant, or at best naive

Your first point above, you want security votes to be channeled to the military, in order to avoid fraud, according to you. A military that secretly buries it's own in order to delete the "pawn" from history and divert their salaries and entitlements to a corrupt few.

I do know what im talking about. You dont have counter argument hence why you cant mention alternative solution. The NASS is tasked with over seeing the budget hence why its better this way. Giving it to governors and other parties fuels corruption since it unaccounted for since any information walled off by national security .

There's no angels in country hence why you institute checks and balances. If you dont have better alternative save you're what about-ism for someone else. The government compently bought weapons from usa and equipment from domestic producers like proforce so this good solution.
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by BenedictStinson(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2019
Blue3k:

Oh well hopefully they at least inform families and pay what ever is owed them. Until opperational tactics are made the soldiers will be mowed down. Its their waste and foolishness that prolong war getting troops killed. 

• Eliminate security votes. Budget that money transparently to military to avoid waste and fraud. They could have bought all the weapons they wanted without draining excess crude account. 

• Second focus resources on DICON and consider changing their role. The private sector can produce all the weapons effectively. 

• Third secure border and focus on economy of region.

PS: If the war still ranging with what's NE redevelopment commission going to be doing?
Everyone knows the money from the excess crude account was simply to fund their electoral campaign
Re: Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal by Blue3k(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2019
ikennaf1:

If I didn't proffer an alternative, it means I support the status quo. With all its weaknesses, it is still better than the alternative you suggested. ie giving the security votes to the military.

You seem to live in an ideal world my friend, but the world is anything but ideal. Like I said earlier, you're so naive.

The status quo is dumb hence why the security situation is pathetic. Since you have support structurally flawed system it shows youre unwise and uneducated. By your logic channeling more money to police departments is bad because they do corrupt acts. It's illogical to use your reasoning since reform is better than stagnation in this case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defectors To APC Bury PDP In Rivers State / "I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / Abia State Pioneers Cement Based Roads. Daily Times.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.