Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) (29117 Views)

Man Calls His Dogs On Electricity Officials Disconnecting His Light In Owerri / Nigerian Student Rapes Hungarian Prostitute, Arrested (Video, Photos) / Man Strips Naked As Electricity Officials Disconnect His Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by stagger: 6:00am On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If you dont pay your bills then that man's job is to cut off your electricity supply...how is he not doing his job?!

When u deny people the use of a prepaid meter and serve them outrageous bills, that is a crime anywhere else in the world. People face the firing squad for such acts in China.

Just wait until the law against estimated billing is passed. It has already scaled 3rd reading.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by blank(f): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2019
See as the man humble. When he was beating up the NEPA guy he felt on top of the world. Karma is a female dog.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 01, 2019
To anyone justifying the beating up of the NEPA officals...know this

People like the man who refuses to pay his bills are a big part of the reason why we don't have light.

Because of people like him, DISCOS make life harder for those of us who actually do pay our bills.

Sorry, but let him face the law for assault.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by slyd90(m): 6:17am On Aug 01, 2019
CapitanS:

They didn't have light during that period only for NEPA to bring estimated bill for them to pay for electricity that they didn't use
Oga are you ok?
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by namiji2598: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2019
deltateam:

Its an insult. We supply other countries light and they have 24 hrs light yet ours is insufficient.

Nigeria is 59 years yet can't boast of self sufficiency.
embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided tongue tongue cry cry
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Tonero231: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2019
He acted on self defense, he should be released. Those NEPA pple are armless robbers
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by emkz: 6:30am On Aug 01, 2019
Kudos to the Nigerian Police for responding to this assault.

I have a question though, why is it that when the Nigerian Police arrests someone, they force him to take off his shirt?
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Switruth: 6:30am On Aug 01, 2019
This one don enter better one chance.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Jabioro: 6:36am On Aug 01, 2019
Why did he slap them..? The NEPA came to served bill not disconnect,if have any complain go to their office..he was just errand boy
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2019
Afamsi:
if they are doing their job, nobody will beat them up

This is fallacious.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Ten06(m): 6:42am On Aug 01, 2019
Afamsi:
NEPA officials are the top armlesss robbers in Nigeria.
I wish could also hit the ones in my area like this, I would not mind if I'm arrested
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Kay25(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2019
Those Nepal officialsite deserve more than blows
the police should leave the man biko dos thieves in a so rock they should go after not a man fighting for his right
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Unrated900(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2019
CapitanS:

They didn't have light during that period only for NEPA to bring estimated bill for them to pay for electricity that they didn't use

Were you there?
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by DigitalAssetPro(m): 6:55am On Aug 01, 2019
How did that get to FP..
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by chibjohn(m): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2019
So much ignorance here. The poor guys you see around that you call NEPA officials are not your problem guys. Stop harassing them. They are pained about the power issue like you. They live amongst you and still suffer the no light issues.

In 2015 when I worked briefly with one of the DISCOs, I remember vividly a morning my boss a manager in a disco complained how he had to use stove to iron his clothes because of no light in his area even though he was a manager in a disco.

If you have to beat, beat your government that have refused to create enabling environment for power industry to thrive, beat those that steal power causing paucity of funds hampering the growth of the sector or maybe beat yourself for owing the industry so much that have culminated to the DISCOs just existing and operating at loss.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Mathiasa(m): 7:00am On Aug 01, 2019
Oh my hero, my prayers with you.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by JastSiryin(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

...and therefore you think it is right to beat up a man trying to earn a Living (aka doing his JOB)?!

A job that includes taking grossly insensitive actions and bribes abi? He wasn't right to beat them but they definitely had it coming. Where respect is earned respect is given. Nepa officials are highly despised for a reason you know?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by ZaOzaRoom(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2019
All we know how to do is to shade Kenyans on twitter who are actually doing better than us as a country.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by atheistandproud(m): 7:06am On Aug 01, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
That's reason they keep misbehaving, but one doesn't deserve to beat NEPA official, but I have many times wish gun has been licence myself, I would have bring one NEPA down with frustrations they cause my life and even damages they did to my hard disk on ps3. And how could I be paying NEPA for 8 months and that 8 months, the total duration never even up to 3 weeks. Imaging NEPA given us light just 3 times in a month or sometimes even none and I have been paying bills monthly basis and am saving the NEPA bills till something like this occur too, I sometimes feel like sitting down to cry like someone who got his heart broken, I never had encounter with police because I stay out of trouble or drinks at ant location now but how can one avoid this NEPA, even the so call solar someone said the battery and light measurement na gbeke, a day they will eventually cut off my light, I might not fix it again

That's why I go buy UPS sharply. I no wan hear story.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Hades2016(m): 7:13am On Aug 01, 2019
namiji2598:
In 2019 my country still fighting for light embarassed embarassed
it’s a shame bro when other countries are planning to build houses in the sky

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by CapitanS: 7:18am On Aug 01, 2019
slyd90:

Oga are you ok?
I should be asking you that
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by CapitanS: 7:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Unrated900:

Were you there?
Did you watch the video? I mean the original video of when he was beating them?
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Unrated900(m): 7:31am On Aug 01, 2019
CapitanS:

Did you watch the video? I mean the original video of when he was beating them?

No please
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by McBrooklyn(m): 7:36am On Aug 01, 2019
Oyindidi:
And so?.

Mama Oyin... shocked
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by CapitanS: 7:38am On Aug 01, 2019
Unrated900:

No please
What I wrote in my earlier post was the reason he gave for beating them up
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by leomarz007: 7:50am On Aug 01, 2019
deltateam:

Its an insult. We supply other countries light and they have 24 hrs light yet ours is insufficient.

Nigeria is 59 years yet can't boast of self sufficiency.
Pls o how do one get the prepaid in ph...bc they said there is a new phcn policy where u don't pay close the amount u owe they'll disconnect you..am even thinking of MTN lumos
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by executive12: 8:01am On Aug 01, 2019
atheistandproud:

That's why I go buy UPS sharply. I no wan hear story.

UPS? Does UPS generate electricity? No, of course.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Stillthebest: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Then A) problem is actually with NEPA not this gentleman and B) beating him up certainly wont solve anything....far from it!!!!

Now this foolish man is still with NO LIGHT, has been arrested and will probably have to pay for this man's medical bill.

Pls don't defend NEPA officials. They are Thieves. But if you want me to give you a load down of what they do I will explain. Most problems about billing and disconnection is caused by the NEPA boys not their employers... If you have any in-staff ask him to tell you how they extort people.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by atheistandproud(m): 8:11am On Aug 01, 2019
executive12:

UPS? Does UPS generate electricity? No, of course.

Protect your appliances at all cost. If you like, put your fate in the hands of NEPA, oyo is your case.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2019
cinoedhunter:
Simple problem the Discos should have solved with prepaid meters but they are drunk in estimated billing method. angry angry

They refuse to give them out because of this extortion of a thing.
They came yesterday, my neighbours were quarreling with them over 200k+ Nepa bill when you go out in the morning and come in the evening. It is not that the light is too stable, so imagine someone wants to disconnect you for not paying over 200k+ as Nepa bill.
How much is your salary?
It use to be very frustrating, but I am not supporting the man though.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:15am On Aug 01, 2019
leomarz007:

Pls o how do one get the prepaid in ph...bc they said there is a new phcn policy where u don't pay close the amount u owe they'll disconnect you..am even thinking of MTN lumos

They won't give it to you, one once said if they give out prepaid meters, how NEPA go chop?
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by dominique(f): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Stupid man, now that you have beaten up innocent men doing their jobs, has it improved power in your area? Has it stopped the estimated billing? Now you're locked up and will pay heavily to bail yourself out, who lost at the end?

People defending the rubbish the man did should note that the officials sent to distribute bills are lower ranked officials. They are not responsible for power distribution neither are they responsible for computing the bills. So why should you attack them. If you're not happy with your billing, request for your power to be disconnected. We didn't have power for about 2 months when we were being served with crazy estimated bills. My husband went to their office to contest the billing and applied for a disconnection. The disconnection request caught the attention of the top officials and they promised to look into it which they did and everything has been rectified now. I don't know why we feel that resorting to barbaric behaviour will solve anything in this country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman In Kano Locks Up Her Step-children In A Room To Starve To Death (Photos) / 'Everyone Knows The Penalty For Drugs Is Death' — Saudi Arabia Defends Execution / Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.