Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,033 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) (29129 Views)

Man Calls His Dogs On Electricity Officials Disconnecting His Light In Owerri / Nigerian Student Rapes Hungarian Prostitute, Arrested (Video, Photos) / Man Strips Naked As Electricity Officials Disconnect His Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Johnsghana(m): 8:20am On Aug 01, 2019
Did the Police behave any better than the one who beat NEPA staff? Police has no right to lay their hands on any citizen. We are not in a sharia state where people are punished corporally. There's are laws and punishments stipulated by the law and the older can be given by only a competent court.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Johnsghana(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2019
Johnsghana:
Did the Police behave any better than the one who beat NEPA staff? Police has no right to lay their hands on any citizen. We are not in a sharia state where people are punished corporally. There's are laws and punishments stipulated by the law and the older can be given by only a competent court.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Cockyguy11: 8:26am On Aug 01, 2019
Afamsi:
if they are doing their job, nobody will beat them up
you are pathetic and need help. I pray what those guys went through in the course of doing their jobs doesn't befall you or anyone close to you. Sit down there and be writing rubbish. Numb skull

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by dominique(f): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2019
Johnsghana:

Senseless post. Physical assault is an offense punishable by the law. Are you saying that it is normal for someone to lock up and beat up people doing their jobs? That silly man got exactly what he deserves, I hope he gets charged to court or he pays heavily to bail himself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Neoteny(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2019
Afamsi:
NEPA Officials are the top in the armed less robbery in Nigeria

And you, o glorious energy thief?

Because you sound precisely like the sort of people who hate paying their dues.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by leomarz007: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

They won't give it to you, one once said if they give out prepaid meters, how NEPA go chop?
Well I go soon comot their cable when I ve enuf cash for real solar system...pls who don used MTN solar
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Babaken(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2019
namiji2598:
In 2019 my country still fighting for light embarassed embarassed
Is too shameful my brother.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Oyindidi(f): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2019
McBrooklyn:

Mama Oyin... shocked
Longest time kiddy
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by McBrooklyn(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2019
Oyindidi:
Longest time kiddy

Yeah longest time Mami... Na wah for you sha angry
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by deltateam: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2019
What I don't understand is why Nigerian police naked suspects to their boxers. Is it why Igbos call them a zoo?

Its never done abroad.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by deltateam: 9:20am On Aug 01, 2019
stagger:

When u deny people the use of a prepaid meter and serve them outrageous bills, that is a crime anywhere else in the world. People face the firing squad for such acts in China.

Just wait until the law against estimated billing is passed. It has already scaled 3rd reading.

If it becomes law then I will start having respect for our lawmakers.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by phonemakemoney: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

...and therefore you think it is right to beat up a man trying to earn a Living (aka doing his JOB)?!

In as much as I don't support violence I also don't support injustice, if a NEPA official sees that his employer hardly gives electricity to the people they send him to collect money and disconnect their electricity he should think twice about the job or yell his employers the truth and resign honorably, or worse case scenario always seek police protection when going to do what will anger the residence due to the injustice.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by deltateam: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2019
chibjohn:
So much ignorance here. The poor guys you see around that you call NEPA officials are not your problem guys. Stop harassing them. They are pained about the power issue like you. They live amongst you and still suffer the no light issues.

In 2015 when I worked briefly with one of the DISCOs, I remember vividly a morning my boss a manager in a disco complained how he had to use stove to iron his clothes because of no light in his area even though he was a manager in a disco.

If you have to beat, beat your government that have refused to create enabling environment for power industry to thrive, beat those that steal power causing paucity of funds hampering the growth of the sector or maybe beat yourself for owing the industry so much that have culminated to the DISCOs just existing and operating at loss.

Can you listen to yourself? Are you making any sense? Beat the 'government'. Government is an abstract term.

The government they see and can access are those that work for them.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by do4luv14(m): 9:37am On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

...and therefore you think it is right to beat up a man trying to earn a Living (aka doing his JOB)?!

you think there is no reason for his actions

imagine you were given a bill and 10days later they came to disconnet you for failing to pay, and when you finally did, you are to pay 5000 for reconnection?

I had gotten angry time and time again, cos the amount alway brought does not correspone with the kwh of light used in a month
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Unrated900(m): 9:56am On Aug 01, 2019
CapitanS:

What I wrote in my earlier post was the reason he gave for beating them up

Okay nice explanation more blessings
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by chibjohn(m): 10:21am On Aug 01, 2019
I don't expect the post to make sense to people like you.
In law, there is something called agency. Government is an abstract term but there are government agents that represent the government.
Privatisation made the DISCOs to become private companies. Therefore, their workers are not agents of government. They do not represent the government. They are private citizens like you and me. They represent there individual companies and not the government. Do not harass them. Channel your greviances to the appropriate people in a sane manner.
deltateam:

Can you listen to yourself? Are you making any sense? Beat the 'government'. Government is an abstract term.

The government they see and can access are those that work for them.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by deltateam: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2019
chibjohn:
I don't expect the post to make sense to people like you.
In law, there is something called agency. Government is an abstract term but there are government agents that represent the government.
Privatisation made the DISCOs to become private companies. Therefore, their workers are not agents of government. They do not represent the government. They are private citizens like you and me. They represent there individual companies and not the government. Do not harass them. Channel your greviances to the appropriate people in a sane manner.

You think you are smart abi? Keep on deceiving yourself.

Who was the one shooting Shiites during their protests?

This is the only way it can get noticed by government. Action speaks louder than words.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Femilekan233: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2019
CapitanS:

They didn't have light during that period only for NEPA to bring estimated bill for them to pay for electricity that they didn't use
does that justistify the guy by beating the officials up.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by oloyede90(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2019
They need that beating most times. They bring outrageous estimated bills and expect you to pay all. They feel they have all powers because they have d right to disconnect your light. Imagine a female official threatening me that the 3k I pay monthly for a two bedroom flat is too small. And they keep bringing 30k monthly bills. Who will pay that? I have written letter to their manager several times but no correct action on the bill. The bill has risen to almost 260k. Now tell me, d women in charge that always come to threaten disconnection every month, don't she deserve beat?
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Ana234(f): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2019
Beating them will not change anything rather you'll end up in trouble.
Afamsi:
if they are doing their job, nobody will beat them up
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by cinoedhunter: 11:29am On Aug 01, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

They refuse to give them out because of this extortion of a thing.
They came yesterday, my neighbours were quarreling with them over 200k+ Nepa bill when you go out in the morning and come in the evening. It is not that the light is too stable, so imagine someone wants to disconnect you for not paying over 200k+ as Nepa bill.
How much is your salary?
It use to be very frustrating, but I am not supporting the man though.
Lol... I've been battling with those guys for years
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Techsunny: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If you dont pay your bills then that man's job is to cut off your electricity supply...how is he not doing his job?!
U re a very big fool for defending nepa people, where goverment have made provision for all building to acquire pre paid metres which have been distributed to all existing nepa offices across the country.Why are they holding it?.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Johnsghana(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
dominique:

Senseless post. Physical assault is an offense punishable by the law. Are you saying that it is normal for someone to lock up and beat up people doing their jobs? That silly man got exactly what he deserves, I hope he gets charged to court or he pays heavily to bail himself.

So because you don't agree with my position on this issue the best you can express your disagreement is to call my post senseless? This is a clear sign of ths limits of you vocabulary and a reflection of the way your mind works. Please be advised, you can make your point without being abusive or insulting.

Back to the matter, If you watch the video very well, you will see that the accused was not resisting arrest as he was seated in the police vehicle already. But, the Police man kept hitting with a stick - a weapon that wasn't issued to him by the Police Force.

I don't think you read to understand my earlier post. I didn't approve of the assault of the EEDC official. I only implied the Police man should to have acted above board.

My point incase you missed it the first time, is that the Police man ought to have behaved differently since you are arresting this person for assaulting another person. The Police man will only be reinforcing the assaulting mentality of the accused if you assault him during his arrest. This how we pass on the vicious cycle of wickedness in our society - someone did to me, so I have to do it to others.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Ubekus: 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
NEPA office now,has turn to police station.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
Techsunny:
U re a very big fool for defending nepa people, where goverment have made provision for all building to acquire pre paid metres which have been distributed to all existing nepa offices across the country.Why are they holding it?.

I am not defending NEPA, I am simply against the thought of beating up an innocent man doing his job, because you have a beef with the company he works for.... That's completely different!

do4luv14:
you think there is no reason for his actions

imagine you were given a bill and 10days later they came to disconnet you for failing to pay, and when you finally did, you are to pay 5000 for reconnection?

I had gotten angry time and time again, cos the amount alway brought does not correspone with the kwh of light used in a month

Are you saying that it's ok to beat the innocent man that is doing his job... Simply because you have a beef with the company he works for AND/OR haven't paid your bills on time?

phonemakemoney:
In as much as I don't support violence I also don't support injustice, if a NEPA official sees that his employer hardly gives electricity to the people they send him to collect money and disconnect their electricity he should think twice about the job or yell his employers the truth and resign honorably, or worse case scenario always seek police protection when going to do what will anger the residence due to the injustice.

Then the issue should be brought to NEPA's main office and certainly not by beating up and committing a crime...
- What has this man achieved?!
- Is he gonna get get light now?! NOPE!!!
- Is he gonna have to face charges of assault?! YEP!!!
- and sadly, if he didn't have money to pay the bill before, he will have even less money to pay that bill now, thanks to spending money on bribing the cops and paying the fine and hospital bills of the innocent victim

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Afamsi: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If you dont pay your bills then that man's job is to cut off your electricity supply...how is he not doing his job?!
What if I pay and dont see the light and the bills keep coming. Do you some people stay for months without light, yet bills keep coming? Tell me the Work they are doing for these people that needed to be paid for.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Afamsi: 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

What if I pay and dont see the light and the bills keep coming. Do you know some people stay for months without light, yet bills keep coming? Tell me the Work they are doing for these people that needed to be paid for.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Afamsi: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
Cockyguy11:

you are pathetic and need help. I pray what those guys went through in the course of doing their jobs doesn't befall you or anyone close to you. Sit down there and be writing rubbish. Numb skull
you are a pathetic fool. I wish you even have a skull.. slowpoke
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Afamsi: 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
Neoteny:

Try and have sense.
Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by Afamsi: 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
Neoteny:

Re: Man Who Beat Up Two Electricity Officials Has Been Arrested (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2019
Afamsi:
What if I pay and dont see the light and the bills keep coming. Do you know some people stay for months without light, yet bills keep coming? Tell me the Work they are doing for these people that needed to be paid for.

Then take the right steps and complain to NEPA to have your bill readjusted.... But beating the innocent man doing his job, certainly does NOT solve the problem at hand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration / Man Poisons Neighbour’s Pot Of Soup In Lagos ( Photo) / Florida Man Jailed For 10 Years For Knowingly Infecting 3 Women With HIV (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.