Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" (35273 Views)

BBNaija: Frodd And Esther Kiss During DarlingNG Runway Show / BBNaija: Frodd And Esther Spotted Having Fun Together In The Pool (Photos) / BBNaija: Brewing Romance Between Diane And Elozonam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Laurene: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2019
sylve11:

@ Mr. Padeo, how far with this? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cool
why can't he open a poll on another platform like reddit or quora where the audience is mixed?.
an average African person is considered black whether fair or dark. The majority of black people are dark on any platform relating to Africa, so my dear the black will always carry the vote no competition at all.

6 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Laurene: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2019
piroux:

Wrong! I don't like fair guys at all. Never been attracted to them. And that's not because i am dark.
I have lots of fair friends who also prefer dark skinned guys.
Light skinned guys often just seem unfinished to me.
like white men Abi?
my junior brother is fair and is the most sought after person in his department

2 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Laurene: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2019
imitateMe:

That's not true. Fair guys are often avoided by ladies because they are seen as "players". Ladies need black and ugly guys who have fewer options, so that they can easily manipulate them. grin
I like your strategy grin
exactly there was a time I never liked associating with fair guys due to I been chocolate s looks inferior when around them.

6 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by skyhighweb(m): 11:37am On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
the truth is that fair people are usually the finest, so due to the fact that fair boys see dark girl as less attractive that's why an average naija girl will bleach herself to look fair in order to appear fine
thats weird never saw it that way, i dont look @ color wan am dating.

i pm u, love to know more
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Laurene: 11:39am On Aug 01, 2019
skyhighweb:
thats weird never saw it that way, i dont look @ color wan am dating.

i pm u, love to know more
my email not working

2 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by skyhighweb(m): 11:53am On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
my email not working
buzz me on whatapp chk my signature
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by skukimania(f): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
mrpaedo:
You posted nonsense mate."Talk dark and handsome" was a catchy phrase created by western romance novels writers for white ladies.It should be "tall tanned and handsome".It has nothing to do with naija ladies of today who worship light skin more than anything else so much,they even bleach their dark skins

Which Naija ladies are you talking about? I personally cherish very dark skin guys. So are all most ladies I know. Ask most Nigerian girls to choose between dark and fair complexioned guys and see them choosing dark guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by skukimania(f): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
nototribalist:
See someone that is saying she hates short and ugly men.

She be like Pinky and the Brain or Mega Mind

Lol! You are sooooo wicked! grin
Of all her pictures, that's the only one you can crop?
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by imitateMe(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
exactly there was a time I never liked associating with fair guys due to I been chocolate s looks inferior when around them.
Thank you for speaking the truth.

1 Like

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by project4OO: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
skukimania:

Which Naija ladies are you talking about? I personally cherish very dark skin guys. So are all most ladies I know. Ask most Nigerian girls to choose between dark and fair complexioned guys and see them choosing dark guys.

So why do women love fair complexioned babies and white men? Any idea?

2 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Hades2016(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
MyGeneration:
las las nobody dae beg u to watch am. Or comment on threads where they discuss it
see this osu woman wrapper

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by piagetskinner(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
AverageAnnie:
Diane is definitely my kinda girl... fair guys are kinda girly to me,we love them dark...

How far now, me I’m dark oo

Infact, very dark! it’s only my teeth and eyes you can see

2 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by skukimania(f): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
project4OO:

Because fair complexioned baby (especially a girl child) seems finer. And as for white guys, we all know mixed-race kids are finer. The same way we all adore chubby babies and don't find chubby adults attractive.
I don't know if you get my point. It's just the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by project4OO: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
skukimania:

Because fair complexioned baby (especially a girl child) seems finer. And as for white guys, we all know mixed-race kids are finer. The same way we all adore chubby babies and don't find chubby adults attractive.
I don't know if you get my point. It's just the way it is.

Well I don't think it is logical to dislike fair complexioned adults and adore fair complexioned babies. It shows the dislikes for fair complexioned adult males are not very genuine. It reflect insecurity, competition, esteem issues.

2 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by babasolution: 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
project4OO:

I think they lov white men cos of money,and they think they more romantic,i doubt its cos of their color
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by skukimania(f): 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
project4OO:

Well I don't think it is logical to dislike fair complexioned adults and adore fair complexioned babies. It shows the dislikes for fair complexioned adult males are not very genuine. It reflect insecurity, competition, esteem issues.

It's not a dislike, It's a matter of preference. What has insecurity got to do with it? Competition, how?
It's just like saying you prefer blue colour to red colour. It doesn't mean you dislike red. But, given an option, that you will simply go for blue colour before red colour. And that has nothing to do with insecurity or competition.
I hope you get my point now?

1 Like

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by BluntBoy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
bdsm:
generally majority of girls like dark guys. Haven't u heard the phrase "tall, dark, handsome?"

The dark in that phrase is not as straightforward as you may think.

In many 16th century novels, and in mainstream Hollywood, the "dark" can mean anything from "dark-haired" to "mysterious in an attractive way".

So, even a white man can be "tall, dark and handsome".

4 Likes

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by sylve11: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
why can't he open a poll on another platform like reddit or quora where the audience is mixed?.
an average African person is considered black whether fair or dark. The majority of black people are dark on any platform relating to Africa, so my dear the black will always carry the vote no competition at all.

Gbam! grin cool
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by project4OO: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
skukimania:

It's not a dislike, It's a matter of preference. What has insecurity got to do with it? Competition, how?
It's just like saying you prefer blue colour to red colour. It doesn't mean you dislike red. But, given an option, that you will simply go for blue colour before red colour. And that has nothing to do with insecurity or competition.
I hope you get my point now?

I get your point. If you were dark and love light skin babies, would you still prefer a dark complexioned man?

I think the preference for dark skin is also a result of the fact that many Nigerian girls are light complexioned (both natural and artificial/toning/bleaching). It is very rare to see a dark complexioned lady in the midst of team dark skin guys.
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Teegelop(f): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hades2016:
Shame on guys watching this piss of shiiit.. this is for you

Shame on you that opened the topic to update yourself as regards the program
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Cuteliar(f): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2019
imitateMe:

That's not true. Fair guys are often avoided by ladies because they are seen as "players". Ladies need black and ugly guys who have fewer options, so that they can easily manipulate them. grin
I like your strategy grin
Being black doesn't mean one is ugly, everyone has their preference.
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Hades2016(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
Teegelop:

Shame on you that opened the topic to update yourself as regards the program
catfish account detected... This one na man ooo cuz e pepper baba for body grin

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by stuffs4me(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
bdsm:
generally majority of girls like dark guys. Haven't u heard the phrase "tall, dark, handsome?"

Tall, dark and hansom are for white (Caucasian) guys who are tanned and doesn't apply to black (Negro) guys. Black guys however do not need to be tanned.
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
AverageAnnie:
Diane is definitely my kinda girl... fair guys are kinda girly to me,we love them dark...
Should I be feeling lucky I'm dark? cheesy
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by tpiander: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

The dark in that phrase is not as straightforward as you may think.

In many 16th century novels, and in mainstream Hollywood, the "dark" can mean anything from "dark-haired" to "mysterious in an attractive way".

So, even a white man can be "tall, dark and handsome".

The phrase is from Caucasian culture and didn't refer to black or African people.

How it got appropriated by us is a mystery to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by BluntBoy(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
tpiander:

The phrase is from Caucasian culture and didn't refer to black or African people.

How it got appropriated by us is a mystery to me.

Me too.
Re: Diane And Esther: "The New Male Housemates Are Not Attractive, Short And Fair" by tpiander: 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

Me too.

This phrase is very sensitive right now, so can't use it.

But generally, I think the brooding type (dark, tall, handsome) is seen as a steadier, more creative personality while lighter types are regarded as flighty, in a way.

However, in my subjective opinion, darker skinned blacks are more prone to melancholy or unstable moods, while the lighter ones might not have that depth so much. Also, more unstable character likely.

@ topic of discussion: I myself have used the phrase to describe black African males, however, I was surprised when I first saw it mentioned in a non-Caucasian context.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija Trikytee: I Will Tell Ebuka He's Wicked After The Show / Gulder Ultimate Search Season 10: Meet The Contestants / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.