Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. (727 Views)

America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move / For Those Who Think Boarding A Plane Is An Achievement, See This: Photo / For Those Who Think America Is The Greatest Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2019
Many times I see Nigerians calling our country a poo hole just because a minor section of it's population were caught in a criminal offense.

These people say "in a sane country...", "In Canada this can't happen" or "in America this can't happen".

But the truth is crap happens in all those countries too. Unfortunately, most Nigerians don't read their local news and they don't relate with them on social media.
Rather, they believe what the movies feed them hook line and sinker.

Here's an example of an American that trolled my IG post with an advert for fake American drivers license. You see?

Now this doesn't make it right. My point is that there's no perfect community anywhere. Every country has its own peculiar challenges. The only difference is that, unlike us, they don't resort to crying, nagging and wailing on social media. Rather, they hustle till they overcome their challenges.

Re: For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by BluePrincee: 11:00am On Aug 01, 2019
grin
Re: For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by joinnow: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
How sure that Emily frank is not a Nigerian living in America
Re: For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2019
joinnow:
How sure that Emily frank is not a Nigerian living in America

At least all available evidences show that s/he is American.
Re: For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by Londonboyrep(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
No country can eliminate forgery. And let me tell you this driver's license this person is advertising will never fool law enforcement, it's for getting into age-restricted environments(such as clubs) as proof of age or something along that line. You can never use it to drive because they do not rely on that physical card but everything is on the database. Now on the contrary in Nigeria, you can get an original driver's license that will fool ANYONE from official quarters whether you can drive or not as long as you can pay the price!! So please stop comparing. We have a long way to go but we will surely get there.

Corruption is the bane of Nigeria and Africa at large.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by AngelicBeing: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
Londonboyrep:
No country can eliminate forgery. And let me tell you this driver's license this person is advertising will never fool law enforcement, it's for getting into age-restricted environments(such as clubs) as proof of age or something along that line. You can never use it to drive because they do not rely on that physical card but everything is on the database. Now on the contrary in Nigeria, you can get an original driver's license that will fool ANYONE from official quarters whether you can drive or not as long as you can pay the price!! So please stop comparing. We have a long way to go but we will surely get there.

1000 likes, the monster called corruption, egunje, brown envelopes, rub my back and I rub yours is the monster holding the jugular of Nigeria as a nation and unless it is destroyed completely, the country might be beyond redemption and doomed forever wink
Re: For Those Who Think America Is Eldorado. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
Londonboyrep:

Well said.

(1) (Reply)

North Korean Visas: Types And Processes (photos) / Am Zoning Out / Italy Good For A Nigerian To Hustle And Make It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.