Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move (2619 Views)

Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) / Seychelles Is Not What You Think It Is! (cost Of Living) / British Man Tells African Migrants; "Don't Come To England" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by HRprof: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Popular TV show host, Steve Harvey, recently made a passionate plea to young Africans planning to relocate abroad, especially America.

According to Harvey, America is not what people think it is and he wishes to live in Ghana.

He said: “All the young Africans want to come to America. But what I'll tell them is 'Are you sure you want to be in this?'”

American comedian, Steve Harvey, has asked Africans seeking to storm the United States of America in their quest for greener pastures to reconsider their decision.

According to him, the glorious image of America as seen in movies does not reflect the reality of life.

In a viral video, the world-renowned comedian said, “All the young Africans want to come to America, but I tell them that ‘are you sure? Are you sure you want to come here and be in this?’ This ain’t what you think it is.”

On why America may not be the best destination for greener pastures, Steve Harvey made a comparison of how the Police in the States and those in African countries react whenever a person is pulled over on the road.
Steve Harvey noted that while in Ghana or South Africa, he never saw on the news a story about a citizen having been shot by the Police after being asked to park off the road.

“When I’m in Ghana or South Africa and I get stopped by the Police, guess what I get. I get a warning, a ticket, or $100and I drive home. They don’t shoot in Africa,” he recounted.

According to Steve Harvey, it is rather beneficial for Black Americans to return to their roots since in America, the issue of racism continues to fester.

America is my home. My children and grandchildren are here. A lot of my businesses are here. But Africa is my homeland. When you land in Africa, you immediately feel good. Because you are home.”

He stated that Africa offers him the opportunity to walk around and feel good “because the majority of the people look like me everywhere I go” adding that the experience leaves him with “a warm feeling.”

In 2019, Steve Harvey flew to Ghana to be a part of The Year of Return, an initiative aimed at marking 400 years since the first black slaves landed in Jamestown Virginia.

The then Minister of Tourism, Barbara Oteng Gyasi and the Year of Tourism committee met up with the comedian at the W.E.B DuBois Centre in Cantonments, Accra.

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
[/b]They don't shoot in Africa [b]

grin

6 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
no matter how much you tell them, they will not listen and the only way for them to learn is to go to the US and see it for themselves!

6 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Aaapp: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
I wish he stay longer in Africa and save himself from those epistles

They don’t shoot in Africa

The youths should have tutored him how
How Africans get shot daily by Listing many problems faced here

hunger
Poverty
Blackout
Corruption
Kidnapping
Bad road
Lack of basic amenities
Bad leadership
Lack of medical care among others

15 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Bifwoli: 1:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Aaapp:
I wish he stay longer in Africa and save himself from those epistles

They don’t shoot in Africa

The youths should have tutored him how
How Africans get shot daily by Listing many problems faced here

hunger
Poverty
Blackout
Corruption
Kidnapping
Bad road
Lack of basic amenities
Bad leadership
Lack of medical care among others
There's 54 countries don't generalize all of them too much.

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Etinosa1234: 1:29am On Apr 26, 2022
Bifwoli:
There's 54 countries don't generalize all of them too much.

The 54 countries are all different levels of trash

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by dasparrow: 2:47am On Apr 26, 2022
Steve Harvey is right though. I mean, Africa as a continent has its own unique problems no doubt but what happens in America to Black people is really on another level and its only getting worse. When the American economy finally sinks like the Titanic vessel, then you will see how white supremacists and Nazis will really target Black people and other ethnic minorities.

The annoying thing is that when you try to warn our people, they don't listen. They don't realize that the oyibos have only be tolerating Black people because the economies of western countries were thriving. Now that it is no more thriving, oyibos have gone back to their default setting where they don't hide their hate for you anymore. Besides, America is mystery Babylon destined to be destroyed to fulfill biblical prophecy. So when I still see Africans running there, I just shake my head.

Allow me to share some videos of what is currently happening in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANm7FAKuCw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0ktQWH-OQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEuSZvkR5Wc

3 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by dasparrow: 2:55am On Apr 26, 2022
Etinosa1234:

I guess you have visited and lived for extended periods of time in all 54 countries in Africa undecided
And since you are an African, what are you doing to change that? Keep depending on oyibo countries. What you saw happen to African students in Ukraine trying to flee the war is child's play to what will happen to Africans/Black people in the future who live in predominately oyibo populated and oyibo governed countries. There is no better time to fix your homeland but now because the west is not your ancestral land and those that the land belongs to will not hesitate to remind you to "Go back to Africa!!"

5 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by dopedan(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2022
The sea weed is always greener in somebody elses lake, you dream about golden up there but that is a big mistake
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Etinosa1234: 8:28am On Apr 26, 2022
dasparrow:

I guess you have visited and lived for extended periods of time in all 54 countries in Africa undecided
And since you are an African, what are you doing to change that? Keep depending on oyibo countries. What you saw happen to African students in Ukraine trying to flee the war is child's play to what will happen to Africans/Black people in the future who live in predominately oyibo populated and oyibo governed countries. There is no better time to fix your homeland but now because the west is not your ancestral land and those that the land belongs to will not hesitate to remind you to "Go back to Africa!!"

All talk and no action...

Remember a tree doesn't make a forest...

Do u know how many people have tried to make a change in Africa and still were stopped by their own countrymen?

This continent is corrupt to the root..

What u are saying is what thousands of people have been saying abt Nigeria since independence... What are the changes?

Even South Africa that happens to be the most developed country, whites happen to be the major backbone of their country

Nigeria is nothing to write home abt.. The number of people waiting to steal is higher than people currently stealing.. It has gone ten steps behind since the advent of buhari...

Almost all African countries have high unemployment rate

If u believe u have the potential to be something great, better leave Africa.. This continent is a dream killer..

I won't be surprised if dasparro.w has dual citizenship..

Na dem

9 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Etinosa1234: 8:32am On Apr 26, 2022
dasparrow:

What a pile of trash... How has ur fellow countrymen been treating u?

If ur homeland actually liked u, won't it have made it self a better place for u?

Didn't the Hausa tell the Igbo's to go back to their land?

Isn't there constant tribal wars on this forum...

Thousands of Africans fleeing to the west constantly have their lives changed for the best compared to their own counterparts in Africa...

What abt ASUU strike? People wey I follow enter school for 2017 don already graduate.. Me wey go govt uni never still reach final year for 5 years course.. If I was abroad, won't I have graduated?

Don't leave.. Na u know

As for me, I'm leaving .. When I don flex that side finish, I go come back to try help u fix the country

4 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by HRprof: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2022
Etinosa1234:

If ur homeland actually liked u, won't it have made it self a better place for u?

Thousands of Africans fleeing to the west constantly have their lives changed for the best compared to their own counterparts in Africa...

What abt ASUU strike? People wey I follow enter school for 2017 don already graduate.. Me wey go govt uni never still reach final year for 5 years course.. If I was abroad, won't I have graduated?

Don't leave.. Na u know

As for me, I'm leaving .. When I don flex that side finish, I go come back to try help u fix the country

If your your dream is to go flex abroad no wahala but don't write off Nigeria because no place like HOME Every country has it own challenges you will find out when you get there. You can not compare America of over 300 years to Nigerua of 62 years. Their country was once worst than Nigeria before it gets to the level if is now but they did not abandon it and fly to African rather their youths developed their country to become their dream land of today.
You have heard it from the horses mouth

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Etinosa1234: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
HRprof:

If your your dream is to go flex abroad no wahala but don't write off Nigeria because no place like HOME Every country has it own challenges you will find out when you get there. You can not compare America of over 300 years to Nigerua of 62 years. Their country was once worst than Nigeria before it gets to the level if is now but they did not abandon it and fly to African rather their youths developed their country to become their dream land of today.

Lol... I only have one life bro and I'm going to use to flex where needed... I nor come this life to suffer for country wey never ready to better

BTW... To show that u are not a good student of history as u want to portray ur self to be, lemme tell u something.

As at 1960- 1970, Nigeria which was newly independent was considered more developed than most Asian countries like China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand. You yourself must have heard stories of the time Nigeria was great and some people didn't want to leave the country because they believed in it..

Now we are in 2022... Can u compare those countries development to our own country?

U can see that serious minded countries are getting better than us...

What abt Vietnam that encountered more than 20 years of war ?.. They are now far ahead of Nigeria...

Wo... Abeg leave talk... If u want to develop ur country, I wish u good luck and hope u see ur results grin

4 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by HRprof: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Lol... I only have one life bro and I'm going to use to flex where needed... I nor come this life to suffer for country wey never ready to better

BTW... To show that u are not a good student of history as u want to portray ur self to be, lemme tell u something.

As at 1960- 1970, Nigeria which was newly independent was considered more developed than most Asian countries like China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand. You yourself must have heard stories of the time Nigeria was great and some people didn't want to leave the country because they believed in it..

Now we are in 2022... Can u compare those countries development to our own country?

U can see that serious minded countries are getting better than us...

What abt Vietnam that encountered more than 20 years of war ?.. They are now far ahead of Nigeria...

Wo... Abeg leave talk... If u want to develop ur country, I wish u good luck and hope u see ur results grin
Have you travelled to those countries Don't believe so much in the television screen and don't get deceived by the movies you watch Steve us actually speaking to you
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by cameroncucumber(m): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
HRprof:

See mindset na,Oya compare Nigeria of 62years with Singapore of 57years, is it not a shame ?
Na people like you make politicians dey misbehave, Imagine the lame excuse

3 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Etinosa1234: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
HRprof:

Have you travelled to those countries Don't believe so much in the television screen and don't get deceived by the movies you watch Steve us actually speaking to you

So because I've not traveled there, I can't make research, ... U really deserve Nigeria

U want make I dey waste my hard earned Money because I look like tourist for ur eye

2 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Froshloaded: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
Mr Steve, sars is a joke to you??

2 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by HRprof: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
cameroncucumber:

See mindset na,Oya compare Nigeria of 62years with Singapore of 57years, is it not a shame ?
Na people like you make politicians dey misbehave, Imagine the lame excuse
Running away will make politicians not to misbehave You are a joke
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Perfectnumber6(m): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Africa is a shithole Harvey i could list and tell you the basic problems of the 54 African countries and Nigeria is the worst of them all .. A typical failed country = NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by TheMan3: 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
dasparrow:

you think racism is bad..... Till you meet tribat smh
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:04am On Apr 27, 2022
I pity anyone who believes what Steve Harvey said because his mouth has a forked tongue. When he returned to here to America and resumed his radio show, he talked about how sad, hard, and dangerous life was in West Africa and advised Americans about all the dangers they could encounter. He talked about the poor living conditions, tribalism, and corruption with having to pay bribes over and over.
His words to us in America were hypocritical because he still hasn’t stopped praising Dubai, UAE and South Africa while encouraging Americans to travel to both countries. He only spoke about the good things happening in South Africa and UAE, none of the bad and is even planning a guided trip for Americans to South Africa in 2023.

His words to people in Africa were meant to make them feel better about the high chances of them not getting a Visa. He also wanted to avoid fulfilling promises to students that he promised to sponsor to America when he visited Ghana by scaring them about the so called dangers. Note that no other big celebrity has discouraged travel to America like he has. Rick Ross, so far, has said many positive things about his recent visit to Nigeria and other places in Africa. Unlike Steve, Rick Ross handed out money and gave alms freely while Steve kept his wallet closed and just talked.

You all aren’t forced to believe me but you will when he retires and doesn’t move to Ghana like he told Africans he would. He can broadcast his radio show from anywhere in the world and travel back to the US to record his shows so if America is so bad and dangerous, why doesn’t he move to Ghana or anywhere else in Africa now? Why hasn’t he bought land, built a house, or invested in the continent?

My father migrated here from Nigeria in 1968 and he will give you the same advice that myself and other Nigerians here would give you if they want to be honest with you: be patient, do it legally, and have a real plan. Having a plan is important because those who come here planning to ‘hustle’ and lodge with friends, relatives, or other Nigerians until they get on their feet are the Nigerians who soon begin struggle, get deported or voluntarily return home, and tell everyone in Nigeria horror stories about America. The others who have awful things to say often hold dual citizenship and visit often for different reasons and take note about those who make the YouTube videos to scare you about America because they are living in the same America with no plans to move. I’m always happy to give anyone on this board an honest answer to any questions about coming here.

11 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by int0x80(m): 4:06am On Apr 27, 2022
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by int0x80(m): 4:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Why hasn't Steve Harvey left his mansions in Atlanta for Ghana or South Africa? Talk is so cheap without knowing the real struggle in Africa.

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by JapaProfessor: 5:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
They could give it a shot, you never can tell until you try.
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by MissEnyo: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
Thank you

1stGenAmerican:
I pity anyone who believes what Steve Harvey said because his mouth has a forked tongue. When he returned to here to America and resumed his radio show, he talked about how sad, hard, and dangerous life was in West Africa and advised Americans about all the dangers they could encounter. He talked about the poor living conditions, tribalism, and corruption with having to pay bribes over and over.
His words to us in America were hypocritical because he still hasn’t stopped praising Dubai, UAE and South Africa while encouraging Americans to travel to both countries. He only spoke about the good things happening in South Africa and UAE, none of the bad and is even planning a guided trip for Americans to South Africa in 2023.

His words to people in Africa were meant to make them feel better about the high chances of them not getting a Visa. He also wanted to avoid fulfilling promises to students that he promised to sponsor to America when he visited Ghana by scaring them about the so called dangers. Note that no other big celebrity has discouraged travel to America like he has. Rick Ross, so far, has said many positive things about his recent visit to Nigeria and other places in Africa. Unlike Steve, Rick Ross handed out money and gave alms freely while Steve kept his wallet closed and just talked.

You all aren’t forced to believe me but you will when he retires and doesn’t move to Ghana like he told Africans he would. He can broadcast his radio show from anywhere in the world and travel back to the US to record his shows so if America is so bad and dangerous, why doesn’t he move to Ghana or anywhere else in Africa now? Why hasn’t he bought land, built a house, or invested in the continent?

My father migrated here from Nigeria in 1968 and he will give you the same advice that myself and other Nigerians here would give you if they want to be honest with you: be patient, do it legally, and have a real plan. Having a plan is important because those who come here planning to ‘hustle’ and lodge with friends, relatives, or other Nigerians until they get on their feet are the Nigerians who soon begin struggle, get deported or voluntarily return home, and tell everyone in Nigeria horror stories about America. The others who have awful things to say often hold dual citizenship and visit often for different reasons and take note about those who make the YouTube videos to scare you about America because they are living in the same America with no plans to move. I’m always happy to give anyone on this board an honest answer to any questions about coming here.

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
MissEnyo:
Thank you

You’re welcomed babes!

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by hammed71(m): 3:12am On Apr 28, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Don't leave.. Na u know

don't mind him just for his name on nairaland and read his post/comments
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Bifwoli: 5:39am On Apr 28, 2022
dasparrow:

And the same type of people will react negatively when Trump calls them "shithole countries"

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by Favor99(m): 4:01am On May 04, 2022
God bless Steve Harvey. Although America is still nice though
Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by wurrah: 7:11pm On May 09, 2022
Etinosa1234:

hahaha my friend, those are fighting words

you have a point though, the rot in many countries is very deep

1 Like

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by caprini1: 12:05pm On May 11, 2022
HRprof:

Its not easy anywhere,just work hard and pray for the best, anywhere you reside.....i have friends in the US and UK,who asks me for money once in a while here in Naija,e go better!

2 Likes

Re: America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:15am On May 12, 2022
caprini1:
Its not easy anywhere,just work hard and pray for the best, anywhere you reside.....i have friends in the US and UK,who asks me for money once in a while here in Naija,e go better!

And you oblige them? If what you’re saying is true and your friends are living legally here in America and other developed nations filled with opportunities ask you for money then it’s clear that they see you as a mark.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident Along Okene Auchi Road / Young Lady Relocates To Dubai To Become House Girl, Replies Those Mocking Her / 2 Options - US And UK. Which One Should I Choose? Very Urgent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.