Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? (1998 Views)

Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / Is It Better To Ask A Girl To Be Your Girlfriend OR Just Play Along? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by pweetyborlah95(f): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
I am really confused between choosing ikorodu or ayobo as a place to recommend for a family coming down to lagos to settle. Please I want your opinions considering these factors, constant light, security, traffic and transport fare to the island and mainland. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by Donald3d(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
Many factors would determine the best option

Would the person be driving, or using public transport ?
Where would the person be working or selling if that's the case
What's the person's budget for accommodation and what size of accommodation

Concerning electricity and security, it depends on the part of Ikorodu, Ikorodu is a very large place !

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
pweetyborlah95:
I am really confused between choosing ikorodu or ayobo as a place to recommend for a family coming down to lagos to settle. Please I want your opinions considering these factors, constant light, security, traffic and transport fare to the island and mainland. Thanks

Lekki
Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by Graduateacher(f): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
pweetyborlah95:

None, both are far from the Island

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by Miarose: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2019
Ikorodu may be better cos of other options of brt and ferry to the island.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by pweetyborlah95(f): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2019
Donald3d:
Many factors would determine the best option

Would the person be driving, or using public transport ?
Where would the person be working or selling if that's the case
What's the person's budget for accommodation and what size of accommodation

Concerning electricity and security, it depends on the part of Ikorodu, Ikorodu is a very large place !

The person isn't working yet but hoping to look for a job somewhere, or go into business.
The person is not mobile.
The part of ikorodu is this igbogbo area or ijede. How good is the light there because the person needs light for online business. Thanks
Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by pweetyborlah95(f): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2019
Miarose:
Ikorodu may be better cos of other options of brt and ferry to the island.
How about light? And is the ferry to the island readily accessible?
Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by Donald3d(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
pweetyborlah95:

The person isn't working yet but hoping to look for a job somewhere, or go into business.
The person is not mobile.
The part of ikorodu is this igbogbo area or ijede. How good is the light there because the person needs light for online business. Thanks

Ok, awesome.

I have not lived in Ayobo, but from what I have heard the place is "not so good"

I know someone who lives in Ikorodu, Igbobo area, Ofin to be precise. The electricity is fair, but not perfect. Roughly 8-12 hrs per day, it can be unpredictable sometimes. But light is sure everyday.

Regarding transportation and good roads, the roads at Igbobo and Ofin are a bit bad , it costs roughly 200 Naira to get from Igbobo/Ofin to Ikorodu garage, from there there is BRT straight to the Island .

From what I can decipher, the person is trying to cut cost on accommodation expenses .I would have suggested Isawo, electricity is considerably ok there, heavy military presence, but the Agric-Isawo road is extremely terrible, especially when it rains.

You can also consider Kola Alagbado/Sango axis, where my family used to stay at Kola, there is sometimes as much as 1 week uninterrupted power supply (I kid you not, not even a blink), I am not sure if its still that stable.

I stay in Sango, some parts have 24/7 electricity, where I stay 11-12 hours is sure everyday, I also work from home, I am a programmer, I build websites and mobile apps, I help businesses build their brand to increase sales online and offline. I have a small inverter to supplement power, it rarely dies. I have not used my generator in almost a year. Sango is also very peaceful and quiet too !!, just the way I like it...

The only disadvantage is its distance from the island, but if the person spends 70-80% of his/her month at home, it really does not matter, sometimes in a whole month, I don't go anywhere at all..

Accommodation is also very affordable in this axis.

Weigh the pros and cons, and decide which works best for you

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Or Ayobo, Which Is Better To Stay? by pweetyborlah95(f): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
Donald3d:

Ok, awesome.

I have not lived in Ayobo, but from what I have heard the place is "not so good"

I know someone who lives in Ikorodu, Igbobo area, Ofin to be precise. The electricity is fair, but not perfect. Roughly 8-12 hrs per day, it can be unpredictable sometimes. But light is sure everyday.

Regarding transportation and good roads, the roads at Igbobo and Ofin are a bit bad , it costs roughly 200 Naira to get from Igbobo/Ofin to Ikorodu garage, from there there is BRT straight to the Island .

From what I can decipher, the person is trying to cut cost on accommodation expenses .I would have suggested Isawo, electricity is considerably ok there, heavy military presence, but the Agric-Isawo road is extremely terrible, especially when it rains.

You can also consider Kola Alagbado/Sango axis, where my family used to stay at Kola, there is sometimes as much as 1 week uninterrupted power supply (I kid you not, not even a blink), I am not sure if its still that stable.

I stay in Sango, some parts have 24/7 electricity, where I stay 11-12 hours is sure everyday, I also work from home, I am a programmer, I build websites and mobile apps, I help businesses build their brand to increase sales online and offline. I have a small inverter to supplement power, it rarely dies. I have not used my generator in almost a year. Sango is also very peaceful and quiet too !!, just the way I like it...

The only disadvantage is its distance from the island, but if the person spends 70-80% of his/her month at home, it really does not matter, sometimes in a whole month, I don't go anywhere at all..

Accommodation is also very affordable in this axis.

Weigh the pros and cons, and decide which works best for you

Thank you so much for this. How safe is this sango area too?

(1) (Reply)

Will You Marry Someone That Cheated On You Twice? / NAIJA NO EASY!! How Many Children Will You Like To Born In This Our Economy?? / Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.