Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else (53170 Views)

Man Tries To Give People Money They Reject, Thinking It Is Ritual Money (video) / Rice Seller's N400,000 Turns To Paper In Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State (Video) / Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Pat081: 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
Martinez39:
So you believe money can magically change from one denomination to another?
Yes because it has happen to people who are close to me
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Pat081: 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
Martinez39:
So you believe money can magically change from one denomination to another?
Yes because it has happen to people who are close to me I don't believe it b4 but wen it happens to those people I now believe it
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by hustla(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
correkguy:
Which is why bank transfer is better, go cashless..
But i feel your pain...sorry

Even worse
It can be cloned
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by hustla(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
Pat081:
Yes because it has happen to people who are close to me I don't believe it b4 but wen it happens to those people I now believe it

LOOL
SMH
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Martinez39(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
Pat081:
You shouldn't believe other people's experience when it wouldn't cost much to test such yourself. You should only believe when you have seen things for yourself.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by OgbanjeProphet: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
eniolaamos7:

You are wise because you have not encountered a similar. I have seen naira notes change to papers. Do pray to have an encounter. But pls make sure you post it online.
my guy, I be confam Igbo trader. Nothing wey I never see. I have once counted 50k which later turned to 25k. I have lost money in my pocket after ordinary hug from a customer etc.

But when you enter the street and learn the tricks, then you go know.

3 Likes

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Divay22(f): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
Martinez39:
You shouldn't believe other people's experience when it wouldn't cost much to test such yourself. You should only believe when you have seen things for yourself.
Sometimes we don't live to tell others of how same thing happened to them happened to us.

My own case is a story i don't like talking about. It's send shiver down my spine.
It's real!
It's something others won't believe if it happens to you but you alone knows what happened and sometimes can't even explain it.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by mrZENographer: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
No be juju!

If your are a trader, be vigilant when more than three people come together to buy just one item. They would prise almost every item in your shed, just to confuse you. Whenever they got you confused, they would strike. No matter the quantity of your goods that they pretend to buy, do not be too excited or loose your guard. This advice, na one of the potent antidotes against these wicked souls.

Be wise.

Simplyleo sparog Davash222

What part did you people not understand?
He counted the money. He counted #1000 30 times.
He didn't count #10.

Belials just trying hard to prove a false point.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by shomutuski(m): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
Davash222:
Primitive Nigerians, this is not juju, rather tricks.

They gave him 1000 notes of 30K, after he's done counting the money, they will tell him to bring the money, and swap it immediately with 10 notes covered with 1000 note. As you can see, the 10 notes are covered with 1000 note.

Alaye no they speak english here for likes!!!! Which trick?? It is pure voodoo man... it has happened to my dad right before my own eyes.

He just returned from the US and we where cash strapped at the airport. We called mallams to change 300dollar at the rate of 365 which would 109,500. pops counted it and he handed it over to me for counting. We split the cash and counted again to be sure, he immediately the mallam left the money became 13k right before our eyes.

Tell me it's not jazz abeg

5 Likes

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Davash222(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2019
shomutuski:

Alaye no they speak english here for likes!!!! Which trick?? It is pure voodoo man... it has happened to my dad right before my own eyes.

He just returned from the US and we where cash strapped at the airport. We called mallams to change 300dollar at the rate of 365 which would 109,500. pops counted it and he handed it over to me for counting. We split the cash and counted again to be sure, he immediately the mallam left the money became 13k right before our eyes.

Shame on you.. So Mallam scammed your dad even in your presence?? Hide your face.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by OgbanjeProphet: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
mrZENographer:

Simplyleo sparog Davash222

What part did you people not understand?
He counted the money. He counted #1000 30 times.
He didn't count #10.

Belials just trying hard to prove a false point.
Belials? You are one of them.

He never counted 1000 Naira thirty times. He counted thirty notes of ten Naira. Oga na tricks, no be juju.

Wetin you no know pass you.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Glycosunde: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
shomutuski:

My belle almost burst from laughing, sorry don't mind people who r saying it is not real. D thing is real n dat mallam just scammed ur papa n even u join so so bad shocked grin
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by raphy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
This is so touching .

But mean while my like just de grow since I don't knw why o.and my mention just set a new record .

Am I the rave of the moment.

Anyway thank you all for the love...

13yrs here no be beans and bread ita a good life style and good living.

Happy new month to all the realest people in the house.

1 Like

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Martinez39(m): 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
Divay22:

Sometimes we don't live to tell others of how same thing happened to them happened to us.

My own case is a story i don't like talking about. It's send shiver down my spine.
It's real!
It's something others won't believe if it happens to you but you alone knows what happened and sometimes can't even explain it.
In a world where people lie a lot and are vulnerable to bias, it's best that everyone see things for themselves before concluding. Anecdotes are not all lies but they are not evidences.

1 Like

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by litaninja(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
Una juju no dey on light, but dey change naira?

You have been witnessing simple scams....
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Stillthebest: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2019
Idadurun:
Similar thing happened to my wife yesterday. She sold some creates of egg and was paid the equivalent amount.

At the close of the day's business, we counted the money, group them according to denominations and kept for the next day business.

Only for us to wake up the next morning to observed that #26,000 was missing. There was no child or external person or relation living with us. So I wondered how this could have happened.
I was bittered about it but I thank God that all the money was not disappeared

Just leave people here who pretend they didn't know about Charms. What they mostly use at the market is called Juujuu(abcadabra)! You will never see the real denominations but the ones they want you to see...they will steal your consciousness...until they left. Yours anabo in yoruba. It happens very well.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by seangy4konji: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
Oja daddy..

Oja tti jeeee
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Pat081: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
Martinez39:
Yes I have seen it with my own eyes and I don't pray it should happen to anybody close to me or not , d woman enter my friend shop to buy wine
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by LaurelP(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
Happened to me in school.

Saw a group of people gathered watching a guy performing some magical stunts.
I joined to catch a quick glance and all of a sudden another guy comes around, touched me and whispered that I should leave that place.
Guess that's when it happened.
By the time I left there, I gave them my phone and the little cash I had.
If I had more money I would have given them, thank God I was broke then.

1 Like

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by shilz(f): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
My neighbor sold goods to a customer collected the money then gave the guy change.few minutes later she found out the apron became empty.she didn't leave that spot,the money didn't drop on the floor mistakenly,the apron didn't have holes...I learnt having bitter kola around or placing it where money is kept spoils their evil plan.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2019
African technology always a bitter experience
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by musicwriter(m): 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
Davash222:

They gave him 1000 notes of 30K, after he's done counting the money, they will tell him to bring the money, and swap it immediately with 10 notes covered with 1000 note. As you can see, the 10 notes are covered with 1000 note.

Every REAL juju works exactly same way. Its all a mind game but because you know the backend of this one, that's why you said its not juju. But as far as the rice seller is concerned its juju.

Reality is in the mind perceiving it.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Curry30: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
Davash222:

Bro this looks like some good ol' juju to me yo lol
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by OdefaGirl(f): 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
Kai......no naw, this is not fair. A hustling man trying to earn a living.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by oloyede90(m): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
Na because e never happen to you. They don't need to tell him to bring d money back. They ve hypnotized him already. It happened to by brothers wife right in my presence. They paid her 80k and after they left the money turned to 10 naira and 5 naora
Davash222:

Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by alizma: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
Davash222:

You have a point on that but that doesn't mean they dont use juju for this kind of thing. It is hypnosis, whatever the man pronounce is what you will be seeing until he is out of your reach. Once he say, this is 30k, count it. My brother, you will be seeing one one thousand naira note as you count
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
oboy this is funny oh,they exchange rice from you with only 10naira nylon note,in commercial this is known as trade by barter,because 10 is rare to find nowadays.
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by PoliteActivist: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2019
mamajj17:

My dear, tit like this happens, it happened one time with my Dad in those days, l was a witness. Things dey happen! Juju dey exist ooo.

eniolaamos7:

You are wise because you have not encountered a similar. I have seen naira notes change to papers. Do pray to have an encounter. But pls make sure you post it online.

Curry30:

Bro this looks like some good ol' juju to me yo lol

So why don't they do it to banks or Aboki with lots of money. Why does it always happen to people who can be distracted??
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by PoliteActivist: 12:09am On Aug 02, 2019
shomutuski:

oloyede90:
Na because e never happen to you. They don't need to tell him to bring d money back. They ve hypnotized him already. It happened to by brothers wife right in my presence. They paid her 80k and after they left the money turned to 10 naira and 5 naora

Well-practiced illusion or magic trick performed by a master ALWAYS seems like jazz
Re: Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else by Parable007: 1:17am On Aug 02, 2019
Davash222:

calm down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 / List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / How To Write A Business Proposal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.