Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN (858 Views)

Elon Musk’s Starlink To Compete Against MTN, Glo In Nigeria By 2022 / Aliexpress Complaint!!! / How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by Nairapreneurs: 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2019
Please I need your advice on the best way to go about this.

I bought and personally registered a sim pack in 2014 in my name. Since then, i have actively used the line as my main line. I've made calls, received calls, sent and received text messages and actively recharged my line since then. Anybody that knows me well knows that that line is my main line.

3 days ago, I tried switching on my phone after charging my phone and I got the 'insert sim message'. I made some calls earlier that same day with the line. I went today to buy a new phone to put the sim and got same message.

I went to the MTN office in my location to lay a complaint. The customer service rep told me I need to do a welcome-back for the sim. I agreed to that.

In the process of entering my number to her system, she told me that the number has been registered with another name since January 2018. That the line has been assigned to another customer. A male. I was confused and told her that i have been actively using the line and it started the 'insert sim' just 3 days ago. She insisted that there was nothing she could do. I called the 180 and explained the situation, and they told me same thing.

Please how do I go about getting my sim reassigned to me again. That sim has all my business and client details and it's tied to my financial accounts and other serious matters.. So i can't just let it go that way. I have collected a good number of screenshots from people I have called with the line in recent times.

Please what is the best way to get a solution fast because the line has been switched off and I'm losing out on important business deals as a result.

I'm a L.P too but I haven't handled a similar matter before now. That's why I'm seeking for advice from my able seniors.

@Gavel @Hidentity @specter @Hardbody @Goldblack @LUGBE @swaginton
Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by FarahAideed: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
Write a letter to MTN accusing them mobile identity theft and threaten to sue them for breach of contract ,breach of trust , intent to defraud , mobile banking number hijack and watch them restore ya line

5 Likes

Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by mokset123: 1:27am On Aug 02, 2019
in addition to the above, state that you would copy NCC as well.
Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 02, 2019
Nairapreneurs:

I bought and personally registered a sim pack in 2014 in my name. Since then, i have actively used the line as my main line. I've made calls, received calls, sent and received text messages and actively recharged my line since then. Anybody that knows me well knows that that line is my main line.

3 days ago, I tried switching on my phone after charging my phone and I got the 'insert sim message'. I made some calls earlier that same day with the line. I went today to buy a new phone to put the sim and got same message.

I went to the MTN office in my location to lay a complaint. The customer service rep told me I need to do a welcome-back for the sim. I agreed to that.

In the process of entering my number to her system, she told me that the number has been registered with another name since January 2018. That the line has been assigned to another customer. A male. I was confused and told her that i have been actively using the line and it started the 'insert sim' just 3 days ago. She insisted that there was nothing she could do. I called the 180 and explained the situation, and they told me same thing.

Please how do I go about getting my sim reassigned to me again. That sim has all my business and client details and it's tied to my financial accounts and other serious matters.. So i can't just let it go that way. I have collected a good number of screenshots from people I have called with the line in recent times.

Please what is the best way to get a solution fast because the line has been switched off and I'm losing out on important business deals as a result.

I'm a L.P too but I haven't handled a similar matter before now. That's why I'm seeking for advice from my able seniors.

Write a letter to their company secretary and head of legal.
Be diplomatic in your letter. If they refuse to accede to your demands, either bring an Originating application to compel them at the magistrate court, or proceed for specific performance at the high court.

Guess you sim priceless as you do use it for business and banking. Include that in your letter and let them know each moment you are offline, you are losing funds and the good will of your clients.

Trust you have blocked them number with your bank's to avoid story that touches the brain.

I could help out if need be, but na money oooo.

1 Like

Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2019
MTN Nigeria[left][/left] cheesy wink
Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by SocialFinance: 8:13am On Aug 02, 2019
The best thing to do here is to write NCC and CPC not copy. Explain and report this case to the 2 organization and see how MTN will resolve this within 24hours

However if I were you, I will sue them and make millions from them. Since you have enough evidence, ask a lawyer to write them asking for your sim and payment of damages for identity theft, business loss a psychological trauma you went through.

All the best.
Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by Hidentity(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2019
Nairapreneurs:

Write them again, just so you have the record. In the letter, include that you expect a feedback within 7 working days or else you'd be left with no other option than to seek redress in a Court. Also state in the letter the efforts you've made it in the past (so that it can form part of the record). Keep an acknowledged copy. If there is no reply or a favourable reply after 7 days, brief you lawyer. He should write them another letter and request them to do the needful, or else you guys will go to court. After that, legal action will seem appropriate.
Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by Sanemind(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2019
Nairapreneurs:

but if you have the SIM pack l think it can be easily resolved
Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by Nairapreneurs: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2019
Thank you everybody that made an input here. The matter has been resolved. I went back to their office with copies of the letter I intend to forward to their head office, CPC and NCC. I was asked to wait so that they can resolve the issue and they resolved it. They initiated a welcome back in my name.

I wonder why the company had to wait for it to come to this for them to act.

Thank you everyone... I do appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help On Legal Complaint Against MTN by temi4fash(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
specter:

Write a letter to their company secretary and head of legal.
Be diplomatic in your letter. If they refuse to accede to your demands, either bring an Originating application to compel them at the magistrate court, or proceed for specific performance at the high court.

Guess you sim priceless as you do use it for business and banking. Include that in your letter and let them know each moment you are offline, you are losing funds and the good will of your clients.

Trust you have blocked them number with your bank's to avoid story that touches the brain.

I could help out if need be, but na money oooo.

Boss man..

You are a very deep person...

I would want you to share some deep insight with me on this spirituality something.

About destiny, sex and some mysteries of life.

You mentioned about having a wonderful wife a while back, but you stopped mentioning it.

Can you just help me be a man of wisdom cos you possess it in abundance

(1) (Reply)

Best Gaming Phone In The Budget Along With Great Camera Quality / Infinix Hot 8 Vs Smart 3 Plus / Camon CX Air Panel And Itel P12 Panel Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.