Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It (1036 Views)

Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Please NL readers I need advice from you people concerning a job I got at a solar company.

Please you guys should bear with my grammar if there is any mistake(s)

I recently got a job at a solar company as a solar technician. After my NYSC I joined one guy in my road that deals on solar to be going for outside work, I learnt alot while following him, which include to design a solar and install. But u know this trade is what the rich patronise because everything about solar is expensive.

So we don't actually get work always, so as time passed by I applied for a job as a solar technician in one company, they called me for interview I came with others and succeeded. We were two that were successful in the interview. After they gave us a guarantor to fill and the guarantor must be a civil servant resident in the city.

I have a cousin brother in the city and the guy that were recruited with me had a friend there. We toil to see if we can get a guarantor, I succeeded in getting but he was not able, I heard during the period I was looking for a guarantor he brought some one but the person is not a civil servant so the company rejected it.

Now see the problem, when I resumed work I realised most of the staffs there are new meaning they started last month, the only old staff there is the driver and the solar technician I supposed work with and he's saying he will soon leave (the driver). The guy na Igbo guy so I used our native language to ask him why, he said the man is owing him his two months salary.

Again I realised the only one solar technician there had already submitted his resignation letter meaning after this Friday he won't be coming to work. NL readers I was mad, I was like how do I cope and why are they leaving just like that. I asked the solar technician that is leaving "are you the only one working as a solar technician here before"?, he said no that others have left, I asked him then why are you leaving he said he wants to travel out and do his masters. But I doubt that.

Now my major issue is how to cope with this new company because I'm not that professional to handle the installation alone and again I have never seen where a company has one technician that goes to field work. I remembered I asked the guy what if I was not able to get a guarantor because the guy that they gave guarantor with me I doubt if he's coming back because getting guarantor in a city u don't reside is not easy and the guy was laughing the company will sort themselves out "wetin concern am".

So please my people don't mind my long grammar please I want to know if I should continue with this work or not and again my major issue is working alone because this guy today is his last day I don't know how to handle installation alone without somebody that will go to site with me so I need advice.
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by TGM2015: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2019
Oga resign, and continue your previous job while searching for better job. Your experience with your previous job will help you in your future job search.

Anyway, the solar business is just like a car dealer. The profits in one contract should be able to hold you before the next. Again, you can find side jobs with it. The new job will frustrate you the more in terms of finance but may be better in terms of experience.

If you must continue with your new job, be very must sure it will exposes you more to the technicality and experience in solar design and business strategies. You should also be sure you have reliable sources that will support your cost of living for next six months, then you can resign. The benefits of companies that gives you wide experience in terms of business strategies and technical information on your line of business is far better than high paying jobs. But the caution is they don't stay too long and never complain of too much workloads.

So decides wisely.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2019
TGM2015:
Oga resign, and continue your previous job while searching for better job. Your experience with the current job will help you in your job search.

My previous job we hardly get contract to execute, but here they get always, my problem is just the people that left and the one that suppose coach me is leaving
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by TGM2015: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2019
Stanweezy:

My previous job we hardly get contract to execute, but here they get always, my problem is just the people that left and the one that suppose coach me is leaving
I just updated the post you quoted. Please stay in the new job if you want to grow. Though it is unfortunate that the more experienced guy will be leaving soon, get as much as you can get from him before he leaves. Believe me, experience is more solidified when gotten independently, it is better to learn driving with another person's car than with your own new car. You will surely be more independent, entrepreneur and innovative while working independently than wanting for instruction from a superior.

Please, just make sure you have figured out how you are going to survive without engaging in any unethical behaviour.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Oksman(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2019
Your theoretical response during the interview must have swayed your new employer. If I may advice since you know your limitations don't continue with them, the fact that others are leaving is enough sign or you to decipher that all is not well. I suggest you continue with your street guy until you become more knowledgeable before taking another plunge. Wish you the best.
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Dollarseeker: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2019
work for a month and see what happens. if they pay you fine, if not resign and move on. Don't go back when u are already in.
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Holyson213: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2019
When going out try to call that local guy on your street to follow you and you will be giving him his cut till you are strong to handle it on your own. Unless there is another way winks

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by deiikonac(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2019
An embroidery studio at surulere area of Lagos needs an embroidery machine operator that can digitalized. Call my 09017328471
Work period 8am to 7pm
MONDAYS-FRIDAYS
Machine a single head and double
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
TGM2015:
Oga resign, and continue your previous job while searching for better job. Your experience with your previous job will help you in your future job search.

Anyway, the solar business is just like a car dealer. The profits in one contract should be able to hold you before the next. Again, you can find side jobs with it. The new job will frustrate you the more in terms of finance but may be better in terms of experience.

If you must continue with your new job, be very must sure it will exposes you more to the technicality and experience in solar design and business strategies. You should also be sure you have reliable sources that will support your cost of living for next six months, then you can resign. The benefits of companies that gives you wide experience in terms of business strategies and technical information on your line of business is far better than high paying jobs. But the caution is they don't stay too long and never complain of too much workloads.

So decides wisely.

Thank u bro, yesterday we went to site that's why I was not able to come online. The guy that sopos to be my superior and guide me won't come on Monday as yesterday marks his last day.

As for the job I have decided to stay put and take up the challenge but not to come with my properties in this city for the next four months in case anything happen I won't be parking load upon and down

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2019
TGM2015:

I just updated the post you quoted. Please stay in the new job if you want to grow. Though it is unfortunate that the more experienced guy will be leaving soon, get as much as you can get from him before he leaves. Believe me, experience is more solidified when gotten independently, it is better to learn driving with another person's car than with your own new car. You will surely be more independent, entrepreneur and innovative while working independently than wanting for instruction from a superior.

Please, just make sure you have figured out how you are going to survive without engaging in any unethical behaviour.

Thank you bro for ur advice
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
Oksman:
Your theoretical response during the interview must have swayed your new employer. If I may advice since you know your limitations don't continue with them, the fact that others are leaving is enough sign or you to decipher that all is not well. I suggest you continue with your street guy until you become more knowledgeable before taking another plunge. Wish you the best.

Thanks for ur advice bro, I had a plan of not coming to the city with major properties for the next four months
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
Holyson213:
When going out try to call that local guy on your street to follow you and you will be giving him his cut till you are strong to handle it on your own. Unless there is another way winks

This advice is good, but the new job is in different city.so we can't go out together.

U know in field work it has team of technician. My plan was to herness my theory from the field experience I will learn from them which is a usual way of engineering but I realized at present they had one field technician.

We were two that were recruited but the other guy was not able to get a guarantor and only me came. But the guy that sopos put me through is gone only me left.
Re: I Need Advice If I Should Accept A Job Or Reject It by Stanweezy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2019
And this post couldn't make it to FP ever since it was dropped.

Lalasticlala, Dominique, Seun carry this post go promise land

(1) (Reply)

Currently Hiring - Wordpress Technical Writer / Massive Recruitment At Worknigeria / These Are Top Remote Jobs Hiring Nigerians In 2022 - Work From Home In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.