Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Reasons You Should Love Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Reasons You Should Love Literature (330 Views)

I Love Literature. / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Love Literature by Princedanny112(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
Writing is talent.Whoever that does not believe cannot change the impact the writing of renowned authors have made to the world today.
I do not like football that much but I LOVE literature.I love writing smiley.That does not mean I am not a normal person.We all have our uniqueness.Remember the famous quote that states,"that one's man's meat is another man's poison" just justifies everything.
1.Literature is fun- It is quite obvious that literature blogs are not popular.Some other niches like health,fashion,lifestyle,trending news are more popular.There are many good books out there to read.For me,I love all Dan brown's novel,loved 'the concubine' by Elechi Amadi',
the unconcious truth and tons of other novel but that is not to say that there are no boring,distasteful,totally appalling novels,short stories and plays.But the good news is that the number of such writers are just negliglible or maybe I have not read much of such books that would kill my keen interest on books wink.That is why a platform was set to award people who have distinguished themselves in the literary world.
2.Literature will never die or rather Writing will never die grin shocked: Thanks to different ways books are produced nowadays or rather the internet.You don't have money to buy that your favorite book,you can just type the name on the search bar and other relevant information and the book will appear before you smiley.
Just like some Music,Many literature write-up point out the ills of the society."There was a country,by Chinua Achebe pointed out the evils in the Nigerian society.So you see,that is an essential ingredient,so that a sane,responsible society can be restored.
You too can write today,it does not have to be tomorrow.Literature is fun for me and I do not know about you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Face Of Africa / Tears Are For The Living (part 1) / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.