Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Yoruba E Ronu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba E Ronu (634 Views)

The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba E Ronu by duyox2004: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2019
"From experience we know that history has a shrewd way of repeating itself over and over (something like a vicious cycle) until a deliberate action is taken to change things."

A big heritage

The Yorubas have a very colorful history and an impressive culture with a "big brain" to complement. A classy kind of people whose heritage spread from one corner of Nigeria to some parts of west Africa and beyond into the southern America.

To talk about the Yorubas this way deserves a series of blog posts. Even with that, the stories are still inexhaustible.

That's for the eulogy. Now into the matter at hand. It is written somewhere that a little fly can spoil a bottle of perfume, and as subtle as a soldier ant is, it can be a "mathematical conundrum" for the mighty elephant.

There is a very small stigma common to the Yorubas which almost makes them vulnerable and diminishes the effect of their obvious intellectual superiority.

I should frankly say that the Yorubas are the closest to the American filerbusters. Yorubas are the most political of all the Nigerian race.

Yorubas can talk, and not just talk, I mean talk in an educative manner. The current Alaafin of Oyo and Ooni of Ife are scholars in their own respect.

The Yorubas are the most verbose tribe in the country and equally intelligent. However, this seems to be a compensatory feedback on their passive tendencies which match their effortlessness in ratting out or selling to the enemy.

You keep killing them, instead of taking any action, they talk even more. It just soothes their pain. It doesn't matter who they are; governors, traditional rulers etc.

So when someone like Baba Olusegun Obasanjo presented another version of a Yoruba man, which seem to a better version, by backing is linguals with big actions, it was expected that his kinsmen would support him no matter what. But what did majority of them do? They talked even against him. It would seem that they're only out to villify their brother. Something you won't see an Igbo or Hausa do. They'd rather keep silent if they are not pleased about something.

I have not called baba a saint though.

The tragedy of the fowl eating the intestine of its kind

Now down to the most painful one. Not the Afonja story and how Ilorin was sold to the Fulanis. But the story of our "Joseph", late chief. Obafemi Awolowo and his "subordinate' late chief. Akintola.

Envy and strife will only cause a generational hardship for all. These diabolic elements are a killer of dreams.

Awolowo pursued a major agenda for the Yorubas relative to the country Nigeria. These I think were:

1. Dominate using exposure and education

2. Stylishly fortify the western region and later negotiate for total autonomy or "independence"

Generation after generation still see the artifacts of these big pictures. He loved his people and represented them well.

All those corruption allegations were just distractions and ephemeral. To rub it in, it was a Yoruba judge who sentenced him.

However, it was not the enemy without that was most treacherous, it was the enemy within. I understand that baba Akintola had some form of relationship with the northerners, but how would you indirectly sell out for the sake of personal vendetta.

The inability of a typical Yoruba man to genuinely serve his fellow man is a common disease that has plagued for so long. They are just built for useless rivalry which is just nonsensical. That is why we keep seeing fractions here and there. Even in families. Everyone just wants to oppress. Let one child have small change, he will want the title of "olori ebi" immediately.

All these oppressive cultural values just makes the special endowment of this tribe of no serious effect in the long run. You don't know if the Yorubas are actually behind you if they say they are right there to support and defend you.

I think there is still a lot to learn from the indestructibility of the Igbos, their resilience which birthed their industry. There belief in a unified goal which was shown during the Biafrian war. That heroic story will continue to ripple through this country.

Or the all conquering nature of the Fulanis, who believe they have the right to everything. Including your life, if you are so charitable.

I think right now in the scheme of things, Yorubas are the weakest. They hold no position whatsoever. They believe they can always talk through without any tangible action. This approach doesn't hold water.

Who is the fittest survivalist?

I am almost certain that the igbos will do greatly if there is a division. Only if they can get a charismatic leader like late Chukwuemeka Ojuwku. I don't think that leader can be Nnamdi Kanu.

The Fulanis already have leaders and they follow instructions without any personal bias. When you talk about mechanical loyalists. This ones are. They too will survive.

But the Yorubas? Hmm, its 50% 50%

They are naturally life and party lovers. They really don't commit, and love to be divisive. So I think there will be some internal fracas which will not be confrontational but will eat everyone up. This has a way of sustaining instability generally. We have also become extremely lazy and over dependent recently. We just want to enjoy civilization as much as we can and we are careless about any other thing.

Things like security, brotherhood, loyalty and stuffs.

It is time we are committed to now and thereafter, and ask ourselves where we are in the picture, first as a race, then as an ethnic group in this Nigerian contraption.

Feel free to comment and share your perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba E Ronu by Abdul05: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2019
Gibberish,do you have a problem with Yoruba people?unreasonable character.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba E Ronu by Oshin56(m): 8:37am On Aug 03, 2019
This is a very good write up and I wish my Yoruba people can reason about it.
Re: Yoruba E Ronu by duyox2004: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2019
Abdul05:
Gibberish,do you have a problem with Yoruba people?unreasonable character.

Try to be more open minded when reading an article. You could learn one or two things if you do.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba E Ronu by Abdul05: 9:42am On Aug 03, 2019
duyox2004:

Try to be more open minded when reading an article. You could learn one or two things if you do.
Mr writer,

(1) (Reply)

The World Is A Sick Sex Addict Enslaver / The Bible Is The Black Man's History Book? / I Am Nothing Without GOD- CNN Award-winning Olori Gushes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.