Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London (5081 Views)

Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria / James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" / James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by rasputinn(m): 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2010
[size=16pt]Hurray:Dubai court extradites Ibori to London[/size]

The Dubai court of First Instance has ruled that the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, be transferred to authorities in the United Kingdom, saying he has "a case to answer in the UK."

The court ruled that Mr Ibori should be extradited to the United Kingdom to face charges of money laundering, credit card fraud and official theft. Mr Ibori, who was arrested in the Emirate by the International Police (INTERPOL) in May, now has 30 days to file for and receive an appellate decision.

He was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for allegedly mismanaging N528 million shares of Delta State in Oceanic Bank a month before his arrest in the UAE after evading arrest in Nigeria. A warrant of arrest was also issued on him by the UK Metropolitan Police for money laundering.

Mr Ibori's sister, Christine Ibie-Ibori, and his mistress, Udoamaka Okoronkwo (nee Onuigbo) have already been successfully prosecuted in the UK, for helping the former governor move an estimated £70 million worth of looted funds through several London banks. Both women are serving jail terms in a UK prison.

Mr Ibori's wife, Theresa Nkoyo, and one of his UK-based lawyers, Bhadresh Gohil, are also currently facing trial in a London courtroom.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5631663-146/dubai_court_extradites_ibori_to_london.csp[img][/img]

Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Myself2(m): 6:12am On Oct 18, 2010
Bros say hurray grin grin grin grin
You no real send this man

I'd say it's indeed very cheery news
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by rasputinn(m): 6:16am On Oct 18, 2010
Send fire angry angry angry angry
You don forget all the many many anyhow wey the guy do
Shuoooooooooo

For eight good years he rod roughshod on Delta State and her citizens,looted such funds as have not been heard of.The mere rememberance of this man makes my belle turn angry angry angry
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by rasputinn(m): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2010
Like I mentioned in an earlier thread,I can't wait to see pictures of Ibori in handcuffs,either on his way from Dubai to the UK or when he arrives the UK.Also I'd appreciate peeps who'd be quick enough to post his court room pictures in the UK

The bloody rogue
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Myself2(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2010
I'm sure he will appeal,but I doubt if that will do him any good
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Beaf: 8:57am On Oct 18, 2010
Lets just hope there were no loose items in the Dubai court for Odidigborigbo with his crooked fingers to steal on his way to extradition.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2010
Dont rejoice yet. The guy has appealed the judgement
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2010
dappssee:

Dont rejoice yet. The guy has appealed the judgement

Tell them oh. ''Hurray''? As if his extradition would improve Nigerians' living condition.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by omojand: 9:31am On Oct 18, 2010
Tell them oh. ''Hurray''? As if his extradition would improve Nigerians' living condition.

Here we go again!! Typical Nigerian apathy. In fact, no need locking up kidnappers and armed robbers as it won't affect the living standards of most Nigerians abi?
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 18, 2010
omojand:

Here we go again!! Typical Nigerian apathy. In fact, no need locking up kidnappers and armed robbers as it won't affect the living standards of most Nigerians abi?

Is that a valid deduction from my earlier post? Or perhaps a valid instance of 'typical Nigerian' misrepresentation of facts?
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by orangemen: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2010
@the hurray poster,
what exactly are u celebrating? i feel very sick to see nigerians celebrating anything and everything.
50 yrs after independence, we still have to depend on this same uk to catch those who steal from our country, we still depend on uk to steal our own resources, we still depend on uk to know the details of bombs that exploded in abuja. what is the essence of independence if you are born to be dependent?
what exactly are we doing right on our own as a country? how many iboris are living right here in nigeria without stress?
if ribadu as an individual cld tell the nigerian police and the nigerian judiciary to go to hell and nothing happened then ibori shld have remained here and used his last resources to fight these terroriists at aso rock.
you shld be worried of how mant times u have celebrated this kind of situations and how far did it go in changing the lives of common nigerians.
why are u not worried abt our judiciary system that cld only jail bode george for 2 yrs over the stealing of over N100b belonging to nigeria and nigerians? i know that as a celebrant, u celebrated the six months jail term of a woman that stole over N195b from just one bank?
well, is not ur fault because we lack good reasons to celebrate hence the need to celebrate anything available. no wonder the most exciting testimonies in our churches today are, visa at last, multi-visa for my family, 2 yrs visa to gabon, 8 yrs visa to congo, after many refusals, the my son was finally issued a residential visa in benin republic. bro, do u know of any normal person who celebrates his escape from his own country even when there is no war?
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by DeepSoul(f): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2010
rasputinn:

Mr Ibori's sister, Christine Ibie-Ibori, and his mistress, Udoamaka Okoronkwo (nee Onuigbo) have already been successfully prosecuted in the UK, for helping the former governor move an estimated £70 million worth of looted funds through several London banks. Both women are serving jail terms in a UK prison.

His mistress has a maiden name?
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2010
Deep Soul:

His mistress has a maiden name?
Lol. She is obviously married to some poor soul (Mr. Okoronkwo) somewhere. Guess the allure of large money was sufficient to make her demote her pathetic self to the position of someone else's mistress.

orangemen:

@the hurray poster,
what exactly are u celebrating? i feel very sick to see nigerians celebrating anything and everything.
50 yrs after independence, we still have to depend on this same uk to catch those who steal from our country, we still depend on uk to steal our own resources, we still depend on uk to know the details of bombs that exploded in abuja. what is the essence of independence if you are born to be dependent?
what exactly are we doing right on our own as a country? how many iboris are living right here in nigeria without stress?
if ribadu as an individual cld tell the nigerian police and the nigerian judiciary to go to hell and nothing happened then ibori shld have remained here and used his last resources to fight these terroriists at aso rock.
you shld be worried of how many times u have celebrated this kind of situations and how far did it go in changing the lives of common nigerians.
why are u not worried abt our judiciary system that cld only jail bode george for 2 yrs over the stealing of over N100b belonging to nigeria and nigerians? i know that as a celebrant, u celebrated the six months jail term of a woman that stole over N195b from just one bank?
well, is not your fault because we lack good reasons to celebrate hence the need to celebrate anything available. no wonder the most exciting testimonies in our churches today are, visa at last, multi-visa for my family, 2 yrs visa to gabon, 8 yrs visa to congo, after many refusals, the my son was finally issued a residential visa in benin republic. bro, do u know of any normal person who celebrates his escape from his own country even when there is no war?

Kponkwem.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by seunmsg(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2010
@the hurray poster,

The poster is celebrating the fact that Ibori will finally be prosecuted for all the atrocities that was alleged to have been committed by him. He will come to justice for looting billions of naira meant for for the development of Delta state and come to think of it, he may even be ordered to forfeit most of his illegally acquired property so if you ask me, i think their is a reason to celebrate this development
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by omojand: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2010

Is that a valid deduction from my earlier post? Or perhaps a valid instance of 'typical Nigerian' misrepresentation of facts?

Dude, thats the only deduction I could make from your post, which was clear and unambigous.

His extradition and likely imprisonment is worth celebrating and I will celebrate with a bottle of Crystal when he's well tucked away in a Wormwood scrubs cell. Should send a message to those thieving bas.tard.s in Nigeria.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by orangemen: 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2010
The poster is celebrating the fact that Ibori will finally be prosecuted for all the atrocities that was alleged to have been committed by him. He will come to justice for looting billions of naira meant for for the development of Delta state and come to think of it, he may even be ordered to forfeit most of his illegally acquired property so if you ask me, i think their is a reason to celebrate this development

@seunmsg,
what ibori is suffering is not his fraudulent life against the ppl of delta rather oposition. if u don't understand it, look at atiku. we were told he was a criminal in 2007 and now that he is in pdp, what happened to his criminalities? orji uzor kalu was surposed to be the biggest criminal nigeria ever had, he is now a saint since he joined pdp. why is ibori's criminalities a nigerian problem when we have millions of federal criminals in abuja who are still saints?
how far can the celebration go in bringing the permanent changes nigeria needs? why is it that we are no longer independent of the same country we discharged 50 yrs back? i hope u will celebrate tomorrow when this same ppl will tell u that every nigerian is a criminal knowing that they always say the truth?
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by monkeyleg: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
@Orangemen,

Ibori commited a serious crime in the UK, and that is what he is going to be tried for. If the Nigerian government chooses to try him after, that is a different kettle of fish.

But remove joke, Ibori is a big Thief.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Youngichou(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2010
rasputinn:

Like I mentioned in an earlier thread,I can't wait to see pictures of Ibori in handcuffs,either on his way from Dubai to the UK or when he arrives the UK.Also I'd appreciate peeps who'd be quick enough to post his court room pictures in the UK

The bloody rogue
gbam u ave said it all he did nothing in my state he just stole the whole money
bleeping ibori
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by blackcat1: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2010
seunmsg:

And who will prosecute the british for all they have done to Nigeria? Who will also order the british to forfeit all the stole and are still stealing not forgeting our treasures that are still locked up in their museums angry angry angry angry
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by monkeyleg: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2010
@blackcat1,

Maybe if you get your act together as a country, you can start challenging all that, for now, the British are looking afther their own.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by kingsido: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2010
every day for the thief (ibori) , one day for the owner (deltans)
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Golfer: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2010
Let's see if Ibori escapes with 6 months like Ibru did in Nigeria.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by victory: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2010
may God Help Him cool
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2010
omojand:

Dude, thats the only deduction I could make from your post, which was clear and unambigous.

His extradition and likely imprisonment is worth celebrating and I will celebrate with a bottle of Crystal when he's well tucked away in a Wormwood scrubs cell. Should send a message to those thieving bas.tard.s in Nigeria.

So how does my expression of contempt for the celebratory use of "hurray" by the poster translate to what you deduced as "no need locking up kidnappers and armed robbers"? Surely your so-called deduction contravenes all known rules of logic.

Those of us that have no time for such shallow and hare-brained celebration of inconsequential things would to a large extent concur with the following point of view:
orangemen:

@seunmsg,
what ibori is suffering is not his fraudulent life against the ppl of delta rather oposition. if u don't understand it, look at atiku. we were told he was a criminal in 2007 and now that he is in pdp, what happened to his criminalities? orji uzor kalu was surposed to be the biggest criminal nigeria ever had, he is now a saint since he joined pdp. why is ibori's criminalities a nigerian problem when we have millions of federal criminals in abuja who are still saints?
how far can the celebration go in bringing the permanent changes nigeria needs?
why is it that we are no longer independent of the same country we discharged 50 yrs back? i hope u will celebrate tomorrow when this same ppl will tell u that every nigerian is a criminal knowing that they always say the truth?

Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by sayso: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2010
thanks guys
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by club12: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2010
Goodnews.I would rather suggest that all the likes of Ibori be made to face trial because nobody is above the law.I hope the present leaders will take a cue from these.Bravo !!!!!London POLICE
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by chuqudy(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2010
Ohakim should also be eradicated abi extradicated to London for trial.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by asscend: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2010
Justice is to be served.  If ibori has a case to answer he must answer it in the Uk.  Trust me every indication points that this man will be jailed in the uk for at least 1year.  It might sound small such crimes don't usually have fixed jail terms.  The judge decides it.

Everyone crying about Ibru and Bode George, they are only serving what was stipulated  by the judge in this instance. He could give them more years if he wanted or even shorter terms.

You can all press for more jail terms for future culprits like in the case of MADOFF.

Me for one hopes ibori is jailed and his assets sold off.  Maybe the proceeds will be returned to Delta (i doubt it).  However a well documented punishment must be served on him.  ODILI is next.  Do you guys have any idea of the properties this man bought in London?  Na im cause property boom and wen the money dried up credit crunch hit  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by hackney(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2010
There are over 140million Iboris in nigeria so i dont see any improvement.

If nigerian politicians'  blood is not shed on the premises of corruption , it will continue.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2010
@ poster
You are harsh o!!!! why start the topic with Hurray, anyways, I pray that this will just be the beginning for all those who have looted our funds and think that they will get away with it.
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by batiatus(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2010
Nigerians we want all corrupt politicians 2 b prosecuted but yet when one is charged 2 court we sympathise wt him saying his not d only corrupt person alive.
Britain are charging ibori 2 court on behalf of their country not Nigeria
Re: Hurray:Dubai Court Extradites Ibori To London by vianooo1(f): 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2010
@orangemen,
You seem very angry and against anything Nigerian politics, take it easy. Although i understand your point, when people steal and Nigerians insult them in the media,when they see them livein passing they clap, stand in the sun, wave and praise, isnt it enough to confuse the politicians. letting them  think people dont know the wrongs they are doing. The truth is that one day judgemnt will catch up with them, the cheering news here is that the Dubai authorities wouldnt take bribe, unllike Nigerian authorities, cause if these countries were going to take bribe believe me you, Ibori's sister and girlfriend would not be in prison in the uk and his wife and lawyer facing trial. Let these people know that if they steal there is no where to hide anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Last Minute Desperate Moves / Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus / Results From Gombe State as at 10pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.