Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (259529 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2013
@ Alcheringa

thanks for your questions. i spent hours and days on the internet scouring over all the criticisms on Eckankar and researching on those who left in order to find out why. i have read all the articles by David Lane and numerous others.

at the end of it all, i did my spiritual search and arrived at my own conclusion and that is that all the answers about truth is within you and not in any book. books are just to serve as a guide. people commit spiritual suicide by hanging their spiritual growth on just reciting what is written in a book without making any effort to go to the source of all truth which is the Holy Spirit.

if you have not learnt how to go within and find out truth for yourself then you will remain an outsider on the corridors of truth, criticising what you can never understand. no explanation i will give you will change whatever stand you have taken.

since you have made an outer enquiry on Eckankar, i suggest you balance it with an inner one. so how do you start an inner inquiry, very simple, you start from where you are.

if you are a christian, pray the way that is okay with you and then simply put a request to God or your Spiritual Master and simply ask, is Eckankar presenting truth to the world or is it a devils tool. then relax and listen for answers which will come in a way you will understand.

just try it and see. your inner experience becomes your authority.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Alcheringa(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2013
benodic:

since you have made an outer enquiry on Eckankar, i suggest you balance it with an inner one. so how do you start an inner inquiry, very simple, you start from where you are.

if you are a christian, pray the way that is okay with you and then simply put a request to God or your Spiritual Master and simply ask, is Eckankar presenting truth to the world or is it a devils tool. then relax and listen for answers which will come in a way you will understand.

Thanks alot for your response sir..
I hv found some great amount of wisdom in d Eckankar teachings: Bt I still don't know d genuinity in d name Mahanta, Ek, & some of d Eck masters.
I find comfort anytime I do/sing the HU. I also got to know that it isn't practised by eckankar alone.
But as u said about going within because I have tried sometimes in doing the HU exercise, contemplate, bt do not reali get verbal, visionary answers as such.
Please are their other exercises u can suggest, becos I don't think I am more of a dream person.
Thank you.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Alcheringa(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2013
Obi 901:
Just like Paul in the Bible, he had an experience with the light and sound (the light blinded him while the sound is the voice he heard), the holy spirit. After that the rest is history. That's a good example of getting answers from the ECK (holy spirit) .
Best regards, May the blessing be.
@Obi thanks for d response...
But can one have these experiences with d light &sound without been a registered member, participate of the growth/Initiations in Eckankar?
Can a non-member really do the HU exercise &hv complete experiences??
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
@ Alcheringa

I hv found some great amount of wisdom in d Eckankar teachings: Bt I still don't know d genuinity in d name Mahanta, Ek, & some of d Eck masters.

Eckankar is a spiritual path that teaches you practical spirituality. spirituality is a life to live and experiences to have which clearly shows you the existence of things that our outer senses can never perceive. in Eckankar you are advised not to believe anything until you have proved it for yourself through an inner inquiry.

likewise you can make an inner inquiry as to the authenticity of those words you are concerned about and also ask the Holy Spirit if the Eck Masters are for real. you can ask to see them if you like and i assure you that if your intentions are pure and your love for God is real, they will come to you because they are attracted to souls that have allowed the love of God to flow through them.

I find comfort anytime I do/sing the HU. I also got to know that it isn't practised by eckankar alone.
But as u said about going within because I have tried sometimes in doing the HU exercise, contemplate, bt do not reali get verbal, visionary answers as such.
Please are their other exercises u can suggest, becos I don't think I am more of a dream person.
Thank you.

The HU does not belong to any religion or language. It is a Holy Name of God that was given by God to itself and singing it draws Soul nearer to God.
when you make an inner inquiry using any spiritual exercise that is comfortable to you the answers will come in a way you will appreciate it. there will be absolutely nothing strange about it. you just have to be alert and watch for it. there are many spiritual exercises some of which i highlighted in my thread Practical Spirituality - https://www.nairaland.com/1206262/practical-spirituality

feel free to try any spiritual exercise and watch what happens and also listen to the subtle suggestions that come from within you on a spiritual exercise to try.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
@ Alcheringa

Eckankar is a spiritual path that teaches you practical spirituality. spirituality is a life to live and experiences to have which clearly shows you the existence of things that our outer senses can never perceive. in Eckankar you are advised not to believe anything until you have proved it for yourself through an inner inquiry.

likewise you can make an inner inquiry as to the authenticity of those words you are concerned about and also ask the Holy Spirit if the Eck Masters are for real. you can ask to see them if you like and i assure you that if your intentions are pure and your love for God is real, they will come to you because they are attracted to souls that have allowed the love of God to flow through them.

Thank you.

The HU does not belong to any religion or language. It is a Holy Name of God that was given by God to itself and singing it draws Soul nearer to God.
when you make an inner inquiry using any spiritual exercise that is comfortable to you the answers will come in a way you will appreciate it. there will be absolutely nothing strange about it. you just have to be alert and watch for it. there are many spiritual exercises some of which i highlighted in my thread Practical Spirituality - https://www.nairaland.com/1206262/practical-spirituality

feel free to try any spiritual exercise and watch what happens and also listen to the subtle suggestions that come from within you on a spiritual exercise to try.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ Alcheringa

But can one have these experiences with d light &sound without been a registered member, participate of the growth/Initiations in Eckankar?
Can a non-member really do the HU exercise &hv complete experiences??

i had a lot of experiences with the light and sound from just singing HU alone for many years before i took the step of registering in Eckankar. so the answer to your question is yes.
registering in Eckankar is making a commitment and giving a formal invitation to the Mahanta to become your spiritual guide and help you as you move from one inner plane to another. so the choice is always up to the individual soul, to go the journey alone or to enlist the help of a guide who has gone through the journey and knows the way and can make it a lot easier for you.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The God Worlds can best be described as planes of reality. Each plane corresponds to a certain state of consciousness and vibration.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

God, or Sugmad, is the source of all the planes. From out of the Sugmad flows the ECK. It is the ECK, Divine Spirit, which supports and sustains all life in all planes.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Sugmad exists at the heart of the spiritual worlds, in the ocean of Love and Mercy, beyond matter, energy, space or time. It is in these worlds that you take the journey from Self- to God-Realization.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by rien05(f): 2:02am On Sep 19, 2013
Hello benodic. Do u mean to say dat throughout ur spiritual travels, u haven't hrd of souls in torment in hell? U said u'v sometimes traveled to d world of d dead, even seen dead relatives. And u beliv in heaven. Does dat mean dat ppl die and dnt go to heaven but go whr is meant for d dead? I hrd someone say there are several heavens,how true is dat based on ur experience. Does d devil exist? I'm jst curious(no offence)

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
@ rien05

Hello benodic. Do u mean to say dat throughout ur spiritual travels, u haven't hrd of souls in torment in hell?
i have not heard.

U said u'v sometimes traveled to d world of d dead, even seen dead relatives. And u beliv in heaven. Does dat mean dat ppl die and dnt go to heaven but go whr is meant for d dead?

there are many levels of heaven and when people die on earth they naturally gravitate to the level of heaven that is in harmony with their state of consciousness.

I hrd someone say there are several heavens,how true is dat based on ur experience.
my experiences proves to me that there are different levels of heaven.

Does d devil exist?
yes

I'm jst curious(no offence)

none taken.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by rien05(f): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
There are so many things running thru my mind. One of wch is the issue of spirit spouse dat is said to be d main cause of so many peoples predicament. How can one evaluate d existence of dis phenomenum. Another one is how well do u beliv in dreams? Are they really a cast of the phisical world?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
@ rien05

There are so many things running thru my mind. One of wch is the issue of spirit spouse dat is said to be d main cause of so many peoples predicament. How can one evaluate d existence of dis phenomenum.

when you start awakening spiritually you will come to a realization that you and you alone is the cause of all your problems and predicaments and no force outside of you is after you or out to get you.

we are our own greatest enemies. people are not ready to accept full responsibility for their actions so they hang it on one phenomenon or the other or say that the devil is after them.

confusion on the cause of one's problems comes when one has forgotten how and when he put the causes into motion and when the effects come knocking on his door he starts running helter skelter.

accept full responsibility for your life and face your problems head on and learn the lessons that come with it and you will immensely help yourself instead of chasing shadows and casting blame elsewhere.

Another one is how well do u beliv in dreams?

Dreams are actually memories of soul's activities in the inner planes when the physical body is at rest. dream happens in real places and not the brain conjecture. as souls gradually awakens the dream worlds become more solid and real. for Eckist dreams are the starting point in the journey back to God.

Are they really a cast of the phisical world?

it is vice versa. the physical world is a cast of the dream worlds.
as above so below. the physical plane is actually a reflection or shadow of the next higher plane we call the astral and the astral is a reflection of the next plane we call the causal plane and so on. nothing can manifest in the physical plane without first manifesting in the higher planes. that is why in your dreams you still see places that look like the places you see in the physical plane.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Self-Realization is achieved on the Soul Plane, just across the division between the lower (psychic) and higher (spiritual) worlds

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

each plane , whether psychic or spiritual, can be recognized by its own particular sound.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Boss13: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2013
Must I sing the HU before I get spiritual upliftment? Also, do I get spiritual uplifement by being an Eckist?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ Boss13

Must I sing the HU before I get spiritual upliftment?

no. if you go back to my thread on Practical Spirituality, https://www.nairaland.com/1206262/practical-spirituality, you will see different spiritual exercises that i brought from other religions like christianity and islam which the followers even take for granted which if you practice can also get you spiritual upliftment

what makes HU unique is that it can not be abused by psychic criminals. what i mean is that if you look around you see people using the name of Jesus to cheat and dupe people, the name which is a powerful spiritually charged word has been abused so much.

the word HU which is God's Holy name is a spiritually charged word that God has given freely to all souls to use in coming back home to It and it does not belong to Eckankar nor to any other religion and has the ability to clean soul of its impurities allowing the pure love of God to flow in.

you are encouraged to try the spiritual exercises and then compare them for yourself, in terms of results and experiences. try to become a spiritual scientist, that is where the fun begins.

Also, do I get spiritual uplifement by being an Eckist?

of course you get spiritual upliftment by being an Eckist and that does not mean that you do not also get spiritual upliftment in any other religion. the main thing is to be able to shift the chaff from the main teachings and spiritual practices in the religion and practice it. that is what brings spiritual upliftment. being an Eckist means that you have now chosen to consciously grow spiritually and take full responsibility for your life and become a pure and ready channel for God's love to flow through you to all life.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The ECK continues to flow outward from the heart of God, even to the far reaches of the lower worlds. They are the worlds of matter, energy, space, and time. The coarsest material level, operating at the lowest frequency of vibration, is the physical plane.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:09am On Oct 01, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

As you dream, you may spend a great deal of time in a more refined state of consciousness called the Astral Plane.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Memories of past lives are stored on the next higher plane of existence, the Causal Plane.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

As you travel into a higher state of consciousness, the magnificence of what you behold can be overwhelming.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

To pass into the true spiritual planes, we must drop the mind.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Soul uses the mind as a tool but cannot be guided by it.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Heaven is the place where divine love is kept and where divine love flows. It's the heart of God.

And when you qualify through your love for God, the gates will open up to you. You will become a different person.

-Sri Harold Klemp
The Slow Burning Love of God,
Mahanta Transcripts, Book 13

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2013
A Seed For Contemplation

The mind cannot understand the true nature of God.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom For Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
A Seed For Contemplation

God can only be experienced, and descriptions of God are most often inaccurate because they depend on the power of the mind.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom For Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2013
A Seed For Contemplation

As you unfold spiritually, you'll travel through the various God Worlds of ECK. This journey will be a unique experience because we are all individuals, each at a different point in our unfoldment.

ECKANKAR
Ancient Wisdom For Today
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The very heart of the doctrine of ECK is love. This love is that divine essence which unites all reality and brings together all Souls. The higher Soul goes into the other worlds the greater this becomes. Love is the bond which holds the worlds together.

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
Book One
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by giftbz(m): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2013
Dear Ben, I lack words to describe you, but all I can say is thanks. U have brought answers to so many of my questions which made me turned a demonic possessed person in the eyes of my pastors for being brave enough to asking them. I sang the HU yesterday afternoon while it was raining and waited for an answer I asked concerning my future but nothing happened though I fell in on the first day I sang the HU, but I was ok that yesterday, the at night I had a dream in which I went to visit a late classmate. We were living in a place away from the city when some soldiers came to that house to make enquiries, I came out and was trying to know their mission but they told me that I have nothing to worry about that they have our pictures and had studied us before coming, that we r okay. I left them and went inside. Then later I saw a myself again with those some set of people celebrating in a school field we took pictures together but among all the people there, the only person I know was this my friend that died years ago, please can u explain if this has anything to do with my future or better still interpret the dream, thanks.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:20am On Oct 15, 2013
@ giftbz

Dear Ben, I lack words to describe you, but all I can say is thanks. U have brought answers to so many of my questions which made me turned a demonic possessed person in the eyes of my pastors for being brave enough to asking them. I sang the HU yesterday afternoon while it was raining and waited for an answer I asked concerning my future but nothing happened though I fell in on the first day I sang the HU, but I was ok that yesterday, the at night I had a dream in which I went to visit a late classmate. We were living in a place away from the city when some soldiers came to that house to make enquiries, I came out and was trying to know their mission but they told me that I have nothing to worry about that they have our pictures and had studied us before coming, that we r okay. I left them and went inside. Then later I saw a myself again with those some set of people celebrating in a school field we took pictures together but among all the people there, the only person I know was this my friend that died years ago, please can u explain if this has anything to do with my future or better still interpret the dream, thanks.

dear giftbz,
thanks for your kind words. but it is God you should direct your gratitude more to for making it possible in this age and time for this message to be given out for those who are ready for it.
once you start singing HU you have taken the first toddler steps towards spiritual freedom and getting ready to experience God for yourself. and once that happens all the forces of life comes to your aid to help in that journey.

even though the dream you had was clearly God speaking to you, but in ECK, we do not interpret people's dreams for them but rather you are thought how to interpret your own dreams because you are being trained to be a master in your own right and not a baby running to your parents for every need. wouldn't it be better to learn how to fish than me giving you fish anytime you are hungry?

continue singing HU and watching your dreams and to start interpreting your dreams, the first step is to get a dream book and start recording your dreams, after each dream, go into contemplation and sing HU as usual and then ask the Holy Spirit for insights into the dream you had and go into silence and listen. the answer can come in many forms. sit back, be alert and have fun.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by giftbz(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Thanks once more, pls what is ur stand stand about about a virgin giving birth to Jesus?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
@ giftbz

Thanks once more, pls what is ur stand stand about about a virgin giving birth to Jesus?

do not take sciptures at face value. always contemplate on them and dig deeper into their meaning and ask the holy spirit for more insight.
since you asked my little insight is this.
virgin stands for purity of consciousness. Jesus was the embodiment of the Christ consciousness. putting the 2 together, spiritually , it is only a pure consciousness that can be a channel for the expression of God's love that was embodied at the level of Christ consciousness..

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (168) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.