Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (260101 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
We are Soul. This life is an opportunity for Soul to get rich experiences in any
way that It can—uplifting, constructive experiences, the kind where we find ways
to serve all of life.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
. SOUL'S LESSONS On LOVE

. Soul, at some point, has to come back, no matter how hard life's experiences are here. Because this is an excellent place to learn about God's love. Not just receiving it, but giving it. This is the whole point of any true spiritual teaching, and this is also true of ECKankar: To teach, to show each Soul a balance between giving and receiving love in this life.

How To Survive Spiritually In Our Times
Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta, the Living ECK Master
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
The higher you go in awareness, the more you expect of yourself, because Divine Spirit is saying to you, "There is always a better way to do it." It gently nudges you to bring out the best.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul

Another quote
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
. The phases of growth, from misdirected thinking to right thinking, falls into these main groups. They have numerous other description, however, so an exact description of one's own may not be here. It will be close enough for you to recognize your own, in detail, from these broad outlines if you want to recognize it. By this time you ought to know that it is the only way to change circumstances you do not wish to be present in your life. Briefly, we'll list them, again:
. (1). Wrong thinking, causing as it does, physical, nervous, and mental handicaps, provides a way of escape from normal living. It allows a person to withdraw from normal activities and responsibilities. He thinks, deep in his heart, he is as capable as others. Deep down, he does not want to understand any teaching which would abolish his way of escape.
. (2). Wrong thinking which appears to offer benefits of some kind is not going to be given up. The person is likely to resist teachings which lead to the giving up of an error-producing thought process and to feel antagonistic to the teacher. He may try to win the sympathy or indulgence of the teacher. He may seek to discredit the motives of the teacher. He may attempt to put the responsibility for making decisions in everyday life on the teacher instead of changing his thinking process and dealing personally with the problem.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
. (3). Wrong thinking is usually born along with feelings of inferiority. This becomes apparent when the person tries to maintain an attitude of intellectual superiority. He rationalizes away the facts of his failure to change his unwanted circumstances in life. He attempts to substitute intellectual argument for actual practice of the truth. He will use illness, or his failure, to fasten the sheltering, ministering attentions of someone else on himself and attempt to make that person feel guilty at the thought of abandoning him to his own devices.
. (4). Wrong thinking makes a person feel uncomfortable and out of place when right-thinking people are around. It will result in a person feeling depressed, feeling self-pity, feeling envious, resentful, or antagonistic toward those who succeed in any degree in truth.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
. (5). Wrong thinking leads a person to feel shut in and lonely. He begins to want to hear of other people who are also thinking in the wrong way - who are ill, depressed, unsuccessful, resentful, moody - or he will have a special interest in people who take refuge in superiority.
. (6). Wrong thinking, being a habit of years, is difficult to give up. Such a person will have an inward resistance to self-discipline and persistence, and will reveal this by insisting that he has faith but that it does not work for him because he is different from others. Or he insists that he has followed all instructions to the letter, has had no results whatever, and has not the faintest idea why he alone should fail. Or he states that he cannot concentrate, hasn't time, cannot remember or grasp the teachings.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
. These are a broad outline of the phases through which some people pass on their way to union with God. Provided they pass through them, all is well - the danger is staying in any one of them permanently.
. One does not need to believe to listen to the words of those who know.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
On the outside, divine and emotional love may
look the same, but divine love is joyful,
thankful. It gives itself fully.
Let love be what it will. Don’t let the mind tell
you one is human and the other divine.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
The further you go in the spiritual life, the greater becomes the responsibility.
And the greater the responsibilities become, the greater becomes the need for
self-discipline.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2015
. Sudar Singh said to me once, "To enter the realm of God, one must be spiritually bold and adventuresome!"
. The timid never find true love and happiness, but the bold do. The more unreal anything seems, the more unreal it will become; conversely, the more real it is, the more real it becomes.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
. Recognize the Life of Spirit as well as the Law of Spirit. The two are identical and cannot be separated and cannot deny themselves.
. The path of Soul is therefore plain. It is simply to contemplate the life, and beauty of divine power and affirm ourselves as already giving expression to It as a channel, in thought, feeling, and action, however insignificant they may appear in the present. This path is very narrow and humble in its beginning, but it ever grows wider and mounts higher, for it is the continually expanding expression of the action of Spirit which is infinite and knows no limit.
. Therefore, man's appeal to God is: "How can I become a channel for thy great work.
. The answer is simple. Think, feel, and act. That is all there is to it, when combined with beauty, love, and wisdom.
. This leaves one in the attitude that regardless of how beautiful life may be now, there is always something better to come. It will come by the natural Law of Spirit, for Spirit, in Itself, is the principle of increase.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
. Although I have found many saints are metaphysically reticent, most of them are not. However, it's mostly a problem of communication. They have discovered, they claim, a unique something for which there is no word or name. It does not belong to the world in which language is born, for the universe is its by-product and nothing exists without it.
. Whatever they have discovered is their own particular individual understanding of the Divine Spirit and Its modus operandi. Their usual pattern of telling about it is to use a sign or a name of their own designation, yet having the same meaning after all - that of the divine power, or Spirit. Because of this, many holy men seem to differ in their opinions of the power; however, it is only a matter of terminology. The theory being that if one starts toward communication with Spirit, he should follow that path to the end. I personally disagree with this for each individual is different from the other. Each individual must find his own path, his own belief. If not, he will likely spend excessive effort and time practicing a system which is not suited for him.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2015
. When a man thinks of himself as separate from the ECK, an obvious impossibility, since he lives in God and in It has his being, he moves and falls out of the secret place of safety and harmony. His wrong thoughts, words, and action build a record of themselves into the atmosphere surrounding him. This atmosphere is magnetic, so it attracts like to itself. Therefore, if a man has created an atmosphere of chaos, he will be attracted to a spot where chaos will come, e.g., accidents and disasters. This is what is meant by "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This is the law of our universe. Cause and effect is what it is.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
. Soon it will be seen that much of the knowledge that philosophers teach is purely mental knowledge effective primarily on the mental plane. Spiritual knowledge is properly concerned with Soul and Its unseen force. Such knowledge has to be realized and the meaning understood within the depth of one's own being. We are really little children learning the meaning of things that we already know and do not understand.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
Truth becomes more sublime for an individual who develops in himself the
capacity to give more compassion and love to all creatures.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
. The study of the scriptures is good but they do not give self-knowledge of absolute happiness; for books and scriptures simply remind us of the higher truths. They cannot bring the highest truth within our reach. The scriptures describe certain spiritual truths, such as the existence of God, divine love, and Spirit, but one cannot gain the realization of these truths from books any more than he can squeeze a drop of water out of an almanac in which the annual rainfall is mentioned. Then what does a person do to find truth?
. There are several ways. Go to a person whom you know, by evidence, knows the truth and ask to be taught, or set out on a course to find it by yourself. If you are strong enough in this quest you will find it.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2015
. We find that truth tells us that the Spirit of God flows into and through us all, that if we cut ourselves off from one another, we cut ourselves off from the free flowing of Itself. Now there are found various types of people - the unresponsive, the difficult-to-convince, the independent who will not accept a free gift when offered lovingly, and those who find life rather hard. The responsive ones are the ones who make contact easily with God.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:50am On Mar 04, 2015
. Lao-tzu, the spiritual hero of China, said, "The world may be known without leaving the house. The way may be seen apart from the windows. The further you go, the less you will know. Accordingly, the wise man knows without going, sees without seeing, and does without doing." This means that the inner world of a man reflects the world around himself; the principles of both worlds are the same. Certainty is to be found only in the heart; confusion is bred in the outer world.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Divine Spirit has a way of doing exactly what is right for everyone concerned at
the moment.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
The tests that are easy for us are difficult for others. This is the nature of life. And it means that we, as human beings, must learn patience and compassion. The wheel always turns.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
A healing can happen instantly. Or it may happen in other ways, such as when an individual comes in contact with another person who says, "Hey, here is something which may help you." It’s still up to the individual to open his consciousness and accept the different way of doing things.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
As our self-discipline increases, we discover that life can no longer defeat us. We move tranquilly under the protection of that Presence we know as the ECK, or Divine Spirit.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
A Co-worker with God is someone who has learned self-discipline in spiritual
things.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:09am On Mar 15, 2015
Before you can improve your life and find a
measure of happiness, you must learn to do
one thing every day out of pure love. That
means, don’t expect anything in return—neither
thanks nor happiness. Pick that occasion
carefully. Then, whatever that one act of giving
of yourself to someone else is, do it with all
your heart.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
I had once read a book about ECK years ago and i didn't grab anything within, maybe because i was too young to comprehend anything spiritual. As i came across this thread, i got much convinced just by reading only the first page of this thread and i want to ask, how do i start my journey back to God? Do i need to change my denomination to be on the right path?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
@ HenryDion

I had once read a book about ECK years ago and i didn't grab anything within, maybe because i was too young to comprehend anything spiritual. As i came across this thread, i got much convinced just by reading only the first page of this thread and i want to ask, how do i start my journey back to God? Do i need to change my denomination to be on the right path?

the spiritual journey is an individual journey and not a group affair. the best any religion can do for you is to give you the tools to embark on this journey and you and you alone must make the journey. nobody will do it for you and there will not be spectators on the way cheering you on but rather you will have crowds booing you and telling you that you have lost your mind.

ECKANKAR as a spiritual path lays out the tools you need to start the process of spiritual renewal. you need to prove truth for yourself before it can really make any meaning to you.

so it is always better to start with the spiritual exercises, especially the singing of the HU a love song to God. you sing it in a long drawn out way after taking a deep breath. sing it for 15 to 20 minutes in night before sleeping and after waking up in the morning. the HU is for everyone no matter your religion or denomination. it is God's gift to soul.

the singing of the HU will gradually open up your awareness to the Holy Spirit which we know as the Light and Sound. the Holy spirit will lead you to all truth.

will you need to change your denomination? that question is best answered by the Holy Spirit who is in charge of your spiritual education. your job is to open your awareness to this teacher that is always with you through the spiritual exercises. this is what ECKANKAR offers to the world. an opportunity for spiritual freedom
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
benodic:

@ HenryDion

the spiritual journey is an individual journey and not a group affair. the best any religion can do for you is to give you the tools to embark on this journey and you and you alone must make the journey. nobody will do it for you and there will not be spectators on the way cheering you on but rather you will have crowds booing you and telling you that you have lost your mind.

ECKANKAR as a spiritual path lays out the tools you need to start the process of spiritual renewal. you need to prove truth for yourself before it can really make any meaning to you.

so it is always better to start with the spiritual exercises, especially the singing of the HU a love song to God. you sing it in a long drawn out way after taking a deep breath. sing it for 15 to 20 minutes in night before sleeping and after waking up in the morning. the HU is for everyone no matter your religion or denomination. it is God's gift to soul.

the singing of the HU will gradually open up your awareness to the Holy Spirit which we know as the Light and Sound. the Holy spirit will lead you to all truth.

will you need to change your denomination? that question is best answered by the Holy Spirit who is in charge of your spiritual education. your job is to open your awareness to this teacher that is always with you through the spiritual exercises. this is what ECKANKAR offers to the world. an opportunity for spiritual freedom

Thanks so much. I will start singing the HU song right away. I would be coming to ask some more questions.
Thanks
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
@ HenryDion

Thanks so much. I will start singing the HU song right away. I would be coming to ask some more questions.
Thanks

you are very welcome. feel free to ask any question.

remain blessed
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 19, 2015
benodic:

@ HenryDion

you are very welcome. feel free to ask any question.

remain blessed

Soul travel is it the same with astral projection? How do i start it? i have went online looking for a good technique for beginners but i can't focus. I would like you to explain more about soul travel or astral projection and how to successful have an out of body experience.
Thanks
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
@ HenryDion

Soul travel is it the same with astral projection? How do i start it? i have went online looking for a good technique for beginners but i can't focus. I would like you to explain more about soul travel or astral projection and how to successful have an out of body experience.
Thanks

soul travel is expansion of the consciousness of soul into other areas or planes of existence while fully conscious. it is also becoming aware of the the Holy Spirit which is experienced as the light and sound of God in which Soul lives, moves and have its being.

astral travel on the other hand is the separation of the astral body from the physical body and exploration of the astral plane while encased in the astral body. astral travel is not natural and is also dangerous and is mostly used by those involved in occult practices and psychic arts. if the physical body is disturbed in the process of astral travel, the individual may not be able to come back the physical body

soul travel on the other hand uses the aspect of soul known as omnipresence. soul which is created in the image and likeness of God also shares the same qualities of God which include omnipresence, omniscient and omnipotent. soul travel uses the quality of omnipresence in that soul can expand its consciousness to encompass all the heavenly planes at the same time and can also expand to any particular location in order to experience what goes on there. so soul travel is very natural and does not require any props or tedious exercises to achieve. and also one can soul travel while chatting with someone and even while doing chores.

the easiest spiritual exercise for achieving soul travel is the one i have already shown you. which is singing of the HU, a love song to God. HU gradually purifies your consciousness and enable you to come into full awareness of the light and sound of God making it easy for you to soul travel into the various heavenly planes of God.

the adventure awaits you if you are willing to make the effort.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2015
benodic:
@ HenryDion

soul travel is expansion of the consciousness of soul into other areas or planes of existence while fully conscious. it is also becoming aware of the the Holy Spirit which is experienced as the light and sound of God in which Soul lives, moves and have its being.

astral travel on the other hand is the separation of the astral body from the physical body and exploration of the astral plane while encased in the astral body. astral travel is not natural and is also dangerous and is mostly used by those involved in occult practices and psychic arts. if the physical body is disturbed in the process of astral travel, the individual may not be able to come back the physical body

soul travel on the other hand uses the aspect of soul known as omnipresence. soul which is created in the image and likeness of God also shares the same qualities of God which include omnipresence, omniscient and omnipotent. soul travel uses the quality of omnipresence in that soul can expand its consciousness to encompass all the heavenly planes at the same time and can also expand to any particular location in order to experience what goes on there. so soul travel is very natural and does not require any props or tedious exercises to achieve. and also one can soul travel while chatting with someone and even while doing chores.

the easiest spiritual exercise for achieving soul travel is the one i have already shown you. which is singing of the HU, a love song to God. HU gradually purifies your consciousness and enable you to come into full awareness of the light and sound of God making it easy for you to soul travel into the various heavenly planes of God.

the adventure awaits you if you are willing to make the effort.
Ok, thanks for that.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:26am On Mar 22, 2015
One of the principles, or laws, of Divine Spirit is that there is always one more step. There is always one more heaven.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (169) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.