Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (260145 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:29am On Mar 24, 2015
Even if you are living a nine-to-five life, you can make it an adventure. We owe it to ourselves to live life to its fullest in whatever we do. And the motivation to do this must come from within.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
We are Soul. This life is an opportunity for Soul to get rich experiences in any
way that It can—uplifting, constructive experiences, the kind where we find ways
to serve all of life.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
. A True Spiritual Guide

. Sometimes people don't understand the role or the place of a spiritual guide - whether it's Christ, the Mahanta, Buddha, or a church leader who has a very definite connection with the Holy Spirit.
. Over all creation is the Creator, God. We know It as Sugmad. The Voice of God is the active force that goes out and is responsible for the actual creation of all the universes. This Voice of God is what is known as the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the creative force. But it's a neutral force. It simply obeys or does, the will of the Creator.
. A true spiritual master is in tune with the Voice of God. As a human manifestation that people can see and understand, his will is that of Divine Spirit. And that's all.
. In Eckankar this divine force works both in the Outer Master and through the Inner Master. That means the ECKist have the additional benefit of a Master who can come in the dream state and teach them, sometimes by Soul Travel, sometimes in contemplation. The inner Master is working when the individual sleeps, prays, meditates, or contemplate. The Outer Master is out here to provide the books and discourses and give talks. They are not two separate things - they're just two different aspects of one being serving the Holy Spirit.

HOW To SURVIVE SPIRITUALLY IN OUR TIMES
Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta the Living ECK Master

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
. The Fifth principle is: Reality is disclosed only to those who meet its conditions and the conditions are primarily of an ethical nature. Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart : For they shall see God." Eckhart reported, "The more a man regards everything as divine - more divine than it is of itself - the more God will be pleased with him. . . . This requires effort and love, a careful cultivation of the spiritual life. . . . One must learn an inner solitude. He must learn to penetrate things and find God there, to get a strong impression of God fixed firmly in his mind." A Sufi sutra brings this out, When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the spirit laughs for what it has found."

The Flute of God
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
. Survival Skills

. People who are very set in their state of consciousness - they have their mind made up about a lot of things - are the least likely to hear when God speaks.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
. Your Own Journey To God

. You will learn that the path to God is not one of a group. You are on this path to God yourself.
. You may be a member of a group that is very large or very small, or you may go all by yourself. But you are on this journey to God. The only important thing on this journey is you and God. Once you've established the correct relationship between yourself and God, then you're able to go back out into the world and serve all God's creatures. And you will serve with love, kindness, compassion, and understanding.
. Because you've walked in those moccasins before, you can help others by listening. You've been there. And there are others who can help you because they've been where you are now.
. All the help that comes to us is from the Holy Spirit, whether it comes in a dream or through the help of a friend or a doctor. The trick is the discrimination that you need: To tell what's good for you and what's not good for you. This comes by listening to your heart.
. So I would like to leave you with this thought: Open your heart to love because God loves you.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2015
Love is the force that returns soul to God.

Harold Klemp,
The Living Word
book 2
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
You do what you can to make your life right. And when you have done 100 percent of everything you can do, Divine Spirit steps in with the miracle.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
One must have the faith of the mustard seed. The seed of faith must be in action. Have you wondered what Jesus meant when he said that we need faith "as a grain of mustard seed"? It doesn't mean smallest, for a speck of dust is small, but he meant that faith should be alive. The mustard seed has the potentialities of the mustard tree within it - true faith is a living seed that holds within itself the fulfillment of desire; the Spirit of God is within it as in all living things. By faith, one contacts the eternal, unchanging goodness of Spirit.

The Flute of God
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by ratatis(m): 6:16am On Apr 02, 2015
benodic:
@ HenryDion

astral travel on the other hand is the separation of the astral body from the physical body and exploration of the astral plane while encased in the astral body. astral travel is not natural and is also dangerous and is mostly used by those involved in occult practices and psychic arts. if the physical body is disturbed in the process of astral travel, the individual may not be able to come back the physical body

what exactly makes it unnatural & dangerous? Are you referring to all astral travel?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
. The Law of Silence

. The Law of Silence is one of the laws we're familiar with in ECK. It's simply this: If there's a certain truth that is very, very important for you spiritually, keep it to yourself.
. This doesn't mean that you don't help people, that you don't talk to them about one thing or another. But if there is something that has come to you specially, a spiritual lesson that has come to your way to teach you something about truth, as soon as you realize this, say nothing about it. Let the Holy Spirit play the scene out for you. Because then you'll get the benefit of the lesson. Otherwise, you waste it. It goes into the air just like empty words.

Sri Harold Klemp

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
@ ratatis,

astral travel is unnatural and dangerous because it involves the separation of the astral body from the physical body rendering the physical body open to possession by evil spirits and if in the process of astral travel, the physical body is tampered with, the individual will not be able to return to the physical body.

on the other hand, in soul travel , the individual does not leave the physical body. he simply expands his awareness to the inner planes while still retaining full awareness of the physical body.

someone can soul travel while chatting, working or even playing.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by ratatis(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
benodic:
@ ratatis,

astral travel is unnatural and dangerous because it involves the separation of the astral body from the physical body rendering the physical body open to possession by evil spirits and if in the process of astral travel, the physical body is tampered with, the individual will not be able to return to the physical body.

on the other hand, in soul travel , the individual does not leave the physical body. he simply expands his awareness to the inner planes while still retaining full awareness of the physical body.

someone can soul travel while chatting, working or even playing.

What then is the purpose of the astral body?
Can't soul use the astral body to gain experiences on the astral plane?
Pardon my naïvety.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2015
@ratatis

. The purpose of astral travel is to gain experiences on the astral plane. But you are limited to only the astral plane and like Ben said it is unnatural and dangerous.
. While in Soul Travel you can expand your awareness to any plane in the lower worlds. The lower worlds includes the Astral, Causal, Mental and Etheric.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
. Wake - Up Calls

. Gradually, over a number of years, people slowly wake from their spiritual sleep. As they do, they get a yearning. A yearning for something they can't quite put their finger on. They have a desire for knowledge first. Behind that they find there is a yearning for understanding, then a yearning for truth.
. If they take it far enough, they'll realize that behind all their yearning is the yearning for God's love. They have been yearning for love all this time, and these other things were just bringing them closer and closer to God's love.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by ratatis(m): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
HenryDion:

Soul travel is it the same with astral projection? How do i start it? i have went online looking for a good technique for beginners but i can't focus. I would like you to explain more about soul travel or astral projection and how to successful have an out of body experience.
Thanks

Obi901:

The purpose of astral travel is to gain experiences on the astral plane. But you are limited to only the astral plane.....

@Obi901
Thank you for further clarification.
So, to be precise, Astral Travel is the use of the astral body by Soul to, consciously or unconsciously, gain experiences, exclusively, on Astral Plane ( i.e. the Lower Astral, the Middle Astral & the Upper Astral).

Whereas in Soul Travel, ones experiences are not limited to only the Astral Plane; one is free to have experiences on higher planes beyond the astral, in line, of course, to ones spiritual unfoldment.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by ratatis(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Now, to the second part of your answer.

benodic:
@ HenryDion

,..........,.......astral travel on the other hand is the separation of the astral body from the physical body and exploration of the astral plane while encased in the astral body. astral travel is not natural and is also dangerous and is mostly used by those involved in occult practices and psychic arts. if the physical body is disturbed in the process of astral travel, the individual may not be able to come back the physical body

When we sleep, the astral body loosens & separates from the body to have experiences. Because they're not conscious, many people are not aware that they, in fact, do "Astral Projection'" when they sleep.. Most people are not awakened enough to go beyond the astral plane.
Some people, however, have learnt to be conscious of it.
Would you say sleep is unnatural & dangerous?
The sweeping generalization that ALL astral travel is unnatural & dangerous is where I'm having some difficulty getting it in.
I'll appreciate further clarification on that.

"One always goes out of the body when he falls asleep, but it is an unconscious act. In Soul Travel, the ONLY difference is that we are trying to get out of the body in full awareness" ----Sri Harold Klemp, in The Spiritual Exercises Of Eck.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
@ratatis
. I think the confusion here is the definition of astral travel. Am just expressing my opinion and I don't think there's anything like unconscious astral travel. Astral travel involves using a psychic practice to separate the astral body from the physical. This is why some people get a special room for this practice so the physical body won't be disturbed. It is mostly done consciously.
. Soul in the lower worlds is wearing five bodies. When the physical body sleeps Soul journeys in the Inner worlds and this could be in any of the planes even though most people have their experience in the astral. When the physical body wakes up this experience is called a dream.
. While dreaming a Soul can become fully conscious. This has gone from a dream to Soul Travel experience whether it occurs in the Astral or any other Plane.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
When you become as little children, you shall see the kingdom of heaven. You
will carry no ideas from the past to hold you, none of the future to frighten you,
but just the present, with the assurance that everything you need to know is
already at hand—every answer, every solution.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:41am On Apr 07, 2015
. How The Mahanta Works

. For the members of ECK there are discourses to help you to another stage of understanding yourself spiritually. But the greatest unfoldment comes not through the books, discourses, or talks that happen on the outer side, in the physical world. The greatest unfoldment happens on the inner planes, in your dream worlds, through your intuition, through nudges, and sometimes more directly through visions and Soul Travel.
. These are Divine Spirit's way of helping you. This is how the Mahanta works.
. The Mahanta works to help you, to lift you, so you can understand why you're even in this life and why it pays to go on, because some days it seems almost impossible. You wonder, Why bother? Well, bother.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
A Seed for Contemplation

The reason for spiritual enlightenment is not to escape life, but to learn how to
live it richly, to enjoy it.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Until you become a strong human being-
Able to survive under any and all
Conditions-you're never going to be able
To help anyone else.In Eckankar,we want
To see people develop into strong human
Beings.This is a path for the strong.The
Meek shall inherit the earth,but the strong shall go into the highest reaches
Of heaven.

The Call of Soul
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by PastorKun(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2015
benodic:
A Seed for Contemplation

The reason for spiritual enlightenment is not to escape life, but to learn how to
live it richly, to enjoy it.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul

On the contrary a guy I met told me he left eckankar because it began to make life on earth more meaningless to him.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2015
The spiritual exercise work similarly to physical exercise.If you want your body to be strong and healthy,you've got to swim or run or do something to keep fit.For soul body,you do the spiritual Exercises of ECK,a form of inner communication also called contemplation.
These spiritual exercises link you with the guidance of the Holy Spirit,which is seen as light and heard as Sound.The inner Sound is the Voice of God calling us home.The inner Light is a beacon to light our way.All the Spiritual Exercises of Eck are built on these two divine aspects of the Holy Spirit.

The Call of Soul
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2015
@ pastorkun,

that was the person's perception. on the contrary the teachings if followed duly produces a well balanced individual who enjoys the best of both heaven and earth , here and now without being carried away by either .

some people who are too attached to material things might find the idea of detachment too uncomfortable.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2015
Soul Travel is a means of hearing the Sound and seeing the Light of God,in a way which cannot be done in the human body.The Sound and Light are the wave upon which Soul rides back into the kingdom of heaven;they are the twin aspects of ECK(holy spirit).When an individual has gone through the phases of visions,dreams,Soul Travel,and the ECKshar consciousness,and is an experienced traveler in all the regions of God,then he receives the enlightenment of God.This is God consciousness,and nothing more can be said about it here because words fail.

The Call of Soul
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by ratatis(m): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2015
PastorKun:

On the contrary a guy I met told me he left eckankar because it began to make on earth more meaningless to him.

Lol! Passing judgement based on hearsay!
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by PastorKun(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2015
ratatis:

Lol! Passing judgement based on hearsay!

I did not pass any judgement, I merely recanted what I was told by a former eckist which I felt was relevant to the comments benodic made.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
The Light of God is in every person.Enjoy the good in others.Overlook and forgive the negative where Soul still needs to polish.

The Call of Soul
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by ratatis(m): 2:36am On Apr 13, 2015
PastorKun:

I did not pass any judgement, I merely recanted what I was told by a former eckist which I felt was relevant to the comments benodic made.

benodic quoted "the reason for spiritual enlightenment....." by Harold Klemp. You retorted with the phrase "on the contrary", which is your own made up judgement negating "the reason for the spiritual enlightenment....", before recounting what you were told by someone, in support.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by PastorKun(m): 6:58am On Apr 13, 2015
ratatis:

benodic quoted "the reason for spiritual enlightenment....." by Harold Klemp. You retorted with the phrase "on the contrary", which is your own made up judgement negating "the reason for the spiritual enlightenment....", before recounting what you were told by someone, in support.

I guess english comprehension is the problem here.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
We don't learn and grow if everything is always smooth and pretty and nice. Sometimes you have to get the other experiences in life. It's necessary, like salt and pepper on your food. It adds spice to life.
. If we have the capacity for love - which is all that this life is about - life gives us more experience.
. It doesn't matter what religion you're in, some people have healings and others don't. Some people in ECK have healings, others don't. Sometimes it's not the fault of the particular Soul, the individual. It can be a necessary life experience.

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (169) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.