Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records (30130 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by dingbang(m): 7:52am On Aug 04, 2019
Weak
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Gulher: 7:52am On Aug 04, 2019
That oau sef..she for drop out and move on with life sha
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Lugianostar(m): 7:52am On Aug 04, 2019
Not again!!!

What is really happening to our undergraduates naive philosophy to life

Don't allow either your lecturers or fellow students to put you under unneccessary pressure that will make you start feeling inferior about yourself.

One lecturer did that years back to me and i had to overcome him spiritually through the word and at last i graduated that year contradicting what he said.

You can't win your battles physically by expressing how you feel to people around you, go to Jesus in prayer and everything will turn around for your good.

It wasn't the best option to take your borrowed life that doesn't belong to you.

Eternity matters o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by bluefilm: 7:52am On Aug 04, 2019
Another runs girl goes down.

Ashawo no be work.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Stillthebest: 7:52am On Aug 04, 2019
She should have allowed her parents used her for money ritual instead.

On a serious note: depression is very real. RIP to her
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by ediko5(m): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2019
If only she knows that her certificate doesn't have much effect in Nigeria society
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by kingabe21(m): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2019
I am a student of Great Ife, but I can confidently tell you that OAU can frustrate someone's life

Checking result on ones portal is a nightmare

Rip Lady

5 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by vickydevoka(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2019
Dats de advantage of been stubborn n insensitive. People lyk me even of I make all F's doe university nobody go question me. Na my lyf n na me go suffer am

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by grandstar(m): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2019
I won't be surprised if she gained admission through cheating. That can only account for her poor grades. I doubt it was due to excessive partying and so on.

You need not take your life.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by obongkaks: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Wetin she gain now?
immortality

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by correctguy2010: 8:01am On Aug 04, 2019
Lagbaja01:
Will you keep kwayet! That's how they will be condemning Nigeria's educational system and when a semi-illtrate turns to be their president tomorrow they'll keep requesting for same certificate produced from whack education system....respect to the lost soul, RIP Ope

Nigeria educational system is rubbish, stop defending nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Inquisitor2560(m): 8:06am On Aug 04, 2019
How
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by BULLIONVAN4(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2019
helphelp:
Our threshold differs sha ... I don't even know where my certificate is anymore
Aaah! you must be as old as Nebukadnezzer...,anyways r.i.p young and suppord future/Leader of Nigeria.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Nnwannsukka(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2019
Academic records made you take your own soul in this Gods Forsaken Nation and suffer all through the Enternity. For you murderd your soul.
Maybe you wouldn’t have killed yourself, and still look for a way to still succeed in Life,we’ve seen the case of Firstclass riding motorcycle, pushing wheelbarrow, we have people with Good grades returning home to cheer his or her career to their loved ones, only to be taken away by Disheartening Accident, despite that fact you might still have met a successful partner,
Maybe your parent might just feel disappointed for just a while cause of the money the invested on you and which you could have proved them wrong that’s it’s not by my academic grade but by God’s Grace .
We have had millions of Graduate that still made it today without their Academic Garde you killed your self for. I would not say anything we wasted part of our life studying a MAN’s theory that he wrote 100 of years back that he know fully well that those theory can only work for a mean time not in a life time. They keep telling and teaching us what they taught our grandfather and they still taught our father the same thing before it was passed onto you and I am very sure that our sons and grandsons will still face such theory that drives us all to one end. Unemployment.
Look at friends and family that was looking up to you as somebody that was in The University, some would have made body of you to their friends that their sister is in the higher institution only for you to make those effort of Crèche, Kingdergaten, Elementary and secondary school a waste , stress of writing WAEC staying awake all night just to make it to the higher institution, Post UTME was another cause on its own. I don’t know how depressed you would have been or maybe you couldn’t have stood the shame in the midst your friends, that wouldn’t have cause you the issues of Taking your own special soul.
After all the whole Education you get in Nigeria Las las Street still showed us the way

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by ALEXANDER51: 8:12am On Aug 04, 2019
some lecturers are meant to be blamed for almost suicide case in our universities today....

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by TechCapon(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2019
helphelp:
this comment just made my day grin
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by boom99(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2019
I had serious issues in school but I managed to scale through. Never thought of suicide ooo..that isn't an option. I have realised it's sabificate that's important not certificate. Thank God for his blessings now.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by KingEzem: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2019
I guess she doesn't understand Nigeria and the way she works...
Pass degree fit get work before first class for this country

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by boom99(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2019
I have sat down to understand that Y young people commit suicide is because they have not failed before until now.Hence, they dont know how to handle failure when it comes. If u check our educational system ,u will notice that from nursery to secondary school, proprietors make sure they promote every child both the ones that didnot do well. Since most of our kids have not failed befor they won't know how to handle failur wen it comes. I blame parents first, followed by school owers,

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by frozen70(f): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2019
If you are not courageous enough to survive university studies, just find your way out instead of putting your family through pains and you end up in hell
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by papyskinsy: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2019
have told ppl to desist frm oau... dem go think say na joke.. at masters level ppl spend 3 to 4 yrs.. de furstration is at its peak.. oau and unnecessary furstration is 5 and 6.. pls wen ever u see any oau graduate out there.. pls give dem lots of accolades.. its well deserved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Chizman042: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2019
[quote author=landforeast post=80920439]I have said before that the way children now troop to University is not too good. In the couple of Universities I have visited I discovered that we noe have many teenagers in the University Campus. These Kids are not matured yet to handle emotions that is accompanied with an eexposure to University environment. If your child graduates from Secondary school, let him or her learn one or two skills before going to the University if he or she is still far below 18 years of age.

Those days in school there was this girl that everybody sees as dullard, some ladies taunt her with the problem of finding it difficult to read and comprehend. Today the same girl is married to a very successful man and controls chains of Businesses in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu.

May Her soul rest in peace
If only she knew that most successful men and women in the world are either drop out or had no form of formal education. The Reality of life after school is far beyond any Certificate

Please for any depressed Soul reading just know that Suicide is not the solution. You are too precious and loaded to die now.

Jesus Loves you.
U are right
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by owunabastard: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2019
Most of people committing suicide are yorubas and young individuals, why. It is time elders should ask questions
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by hybridblood07(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2019
Ask God for wisdom because u lack it
jojo1415:
Buhari's govt is de worst govt Nigeria will ever have.... God punish APC and Tinubu!!!!!
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by KingWarri: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2019
helphelp:

grin

My guy
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Mummymahdi(f): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2019
Is sad, y will one take his or her life cos of academic performance? A lady couldn't graduate till after 3years later is now a CEO Of her own formed organization better than I that graduate with 2.1 since 2012 till today no work, thank GGod for my God given hand work. It's sad.

RIP to d dead
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Delawstar: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2019
Only OAU students would understand how difficult and and frustrating the so called school is. I almost did dsame on my first year result and even regreted I went to the school but thank God that with a lot of prayers I could still make it with a class of 2nd Class lower. 2.1 from department of Economics. Thats wen I knew the School is great INDEED.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by KingWarri: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2019
papyskinsy:
have told ppl to desist frm oau... dem go think say na joke.. at masters level ppl spend 3 to 4 yrs.. de furstration is at its peak.. oau and unnecessary furstration is 5 and 6.. pls wen ever u see any oau graduate out there.. pls give dem lots of accolades.. its well deserved.
Frustration ke
If you study hard I don't see why you won't get good grades
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by hybridblood07(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2019
God bless you bro. I hope some people will pass this message across the social media. I think some lecturers should chill out for students. What do these lecturers gain making life miserable for students?
landforeast:
I have said before that the way children now troop to University is not too good. In the couple of Universities I have visited I discovered that we noe have many teenagers in the University Campus. These Kids are not matured yet to handle emotions that is accompanied with an eexposure to University environment. If your child graduates from Secondary school, let him or her learn one or two skills before going to the University if he or she is still far below 18 years of age.

Those days in school there was this girl that everybody sees as dullard, some ladies taunt her with the problem of finding it difficult to read and comprehend. Today the same girl is married to a very successful man and controls chains of Businesses in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu.

May Her soul rest in peace
If only she knew that most successful men and women in the world are either drop out or had no form of formal education. The Reality of life after school is far beyond any Certificate

Please for any depressed Soul reading just know that Suicide is not the solution. You are too precious and loaded to die now.

Jesus Loves you.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by KingWarri: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2019
boom99:
I had serious issues in school but I managed to scale through. Never thought of suicide ooo..that isn't an option. I have realised it's sabificate that's important not certificate. Thank God for his blessings now.
Thank you.... The exact truth most people don't know...
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by IamCharles123: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2019
boom99:
I have sat down to understand that Y young people commit suicide is because they have not failed before until now.Hence, they dont know how to handle failure when it comes. If u check our educational system ,u will notice that from nursery to secondary school, proprietors make sure they promote every child both the ones that didnot do well. Since most of our kids have not failed befor they won't know how to handle failur wen it comes. I blame parents first, followed by school owers,
U are kinda right, but i bet u have not been to the north, those ones dey pass anything passable, u will see ss3 student that does not know how to speak english, read or write.
Yet that person will become minister n president tomorrow.

Rip to the young lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara Poly First Batch Admission List Is Out / Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins / Students Of Covenant Polytechnic Aba Celebrate Their Graduation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.