Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records (30142 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by tfash96(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
KingWarri:

at least the few doing it has one head....
They simply put their minds to work...
Those not doing it should stop giving excuses to their failures..... Thou I was once a victim...
lemme ask which school did u graduate from?
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by obentenyson(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
Ramon92:
It takes real mental strength to pass through a school like OAU cos it can turn an academic genius to a dunce..
philosophy lecturers for unilag wey no believe say God dey use my eyes take see pepper. awon Wehrey... their children go suffer times 1000 wetin them show Me n some of my colleagues..
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Businesstime: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
greenprince:

Doesn't dispute the fact that it's still trash in most areas. I struggled for years just to be admitted to uni in Nigeria, only for me to now be well into completing my degree from a reputable med school in Europe. Nigeria breaks you with the stupid educational system and not everyone is strong enough to take such pain.

You don't know what she went through, and I don't know either. But I have friends still studying in Nigeria and some of my siblings did too, from what I experienced, it was absolute rubbish.
bro am interested in that medical school, how can we talk more
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by obentenyson(m): 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
Randy100:
Committing suicide over English course.
go ask unilag 2012 grad sets of English dept. them go tell u you wetin them use their eyes take see for that dept. even one if their best student was nacked extra year. e shock me... d guy no send them sha..
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by obentenyson(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2019
ziziangel:
Sniper ban actually changed NOTHING
them ban am before?
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by obentenyson(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2019
Gulher:
That oau sef..she for drop out and move on with life sha
see this one..talk is cheap. u no d kine parent she get? the pressure she go get go pas the one wey the lecturers go give her. that might even be the reason the committed suicide. some parents go frustrate your life like say if you carry first class them Don get money be that...
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Insectkiller: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
Just by selling pure water u can make it in life..

Why taking ur life??

Well, maybe that's what u have chosen..rip
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Gkemz: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
One thing about this suicide is that the victims always show sign of depression and anxiety disorder but the society remain insensitive and adamant even when they speak out, not until the oil is spilled. May her soul RIP
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
Elzakzaky:
Its not easy to have extra year in school but she shouldnt have taken her life na. I spent 2 extra tears in school but never contemplated suicide.
mine was three, and am now doing very well... recently gave two of my former mates jobs... life can be funny... may nt always end As it seems
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by otipoju(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
ibkgab001:

Is the Akande man or a woman

He is a very stupid man teaching English with thick yoruba accent who likes to boast that students will fail his course.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by mechanics(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
She made a wrong choice, she should have known spill overs is not the end of life.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by joshbill: 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2019
bluefilm:
Another runs girl goes down.

Ashawo no be work.

You are veerrry stupid for saying this
You shouldn't be allowed to breed
Infact your existence is a slap to humanity

Ope was an author
She authored two books as an undergraduate
She was from my community and she was nothing of such
Honour the dead because you might be drawing your last breath yourself.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by bluefilm: 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
joshbill:

[s]You are veerrry stupid for saying this
You shouldn't be allowed to breed
Infact your existence is a slap to humanity

Ope was an author
She authored two books as an undergraduate
She was from my community and she was nothing of such
Honour the dead because you might be drawing your last breath yourself[/s].

Go an' die.

Nonsense sad
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by joshbill: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
Stillthebest:
She should have allowed her parents used her for money ritual instead.

On a serious note: depression is very real. RIP to her

Calling you a fool is an understatement
You are a douchebag of monumental proportion
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Inquisitor2560(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
Naija
meanwhile
Oil and Gas Firm(Onstream Group) Executive Job Recruitment(5) Positions
Onstream Group – With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets, The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
click here to see the jobs details and method of application
https://gistlink.com.ng/2019/07/31/oil-and-gas-firmonstream-group-executive-job-recruitment/
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Stillthebest: 7:19am On Aug 05, 2019
joshbill:

Calling you a fool is an understatement
You are a douchebag of monumental proportion

Your father who gave birth to an idiotic child like you with no iota of brain is a fool. Who teach am english? Scumbag!
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by joshbill: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
Stillthebest:

Your father who gave birth to an idiotic child like you with no iota of brain is a fool. Who teach am english? Scumbag!

I would rather eat glass than exchange words with a dimwit like you

You are a good solid reason why people should wear condoms

I blame your mother who spreaded her legs like bedsheet and allowed a half man deposit such dirt in her.
You mother owes the whole world an apology for that.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Stillthebest: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
joshbill:

I would rather eat glass than exchange words with a dimwit like you

You are a good solid reason why people should wear condoms

I blame your mother who spreaded her legs like bedsheet and allowed a half man deposit such dirt in her.
You mother owes the whole world an apology for that.

I will give you exactly what you want; a goat is a goat no matter what. You need to crawl back to your hole. The parents who gave birth to you and those ones that raised you are as useless as the child they raised.

Your parents are monumental failures. Example of a failed home is what you are. Cabbage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pre-degree Form: Which University Still Sell: / Kano School Head Master Imprisoned For Telling Lies (Photos) / Students Of Covenant Polytechnic Aba Celebrate Their Graduation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.