Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,841 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 3 (178 Views)

Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 3 by Georgetlm2: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2019
ONE SAVED IS FOREVER SAVED[PLEASE BEGIN FROM THE PREVIOUS PARTS]

https://www.nairaland.com/5293182/pastor-george-oyoke-one-save#80125433

https://www.nairaland.com/5321612/pastor-george-oyoke-one-saved#80617322

How do we know that the law has been fulfilled and abolished?

We can know in two way: changing the status quo, and the outright declaration that the law has been fulfilled and abolished.

Do we have these remarks in the Bible?

Yes. and I will begin to show it to us:

Firstly, I will be dealing with the change of the status quo:
Before and at the time of Jesus, they had to forgive to expect forgiveness from God.

[b]Matthew 6:12
[12]And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mark 11:25-26
[25]And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
[26]But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Today, we don’t forgive to be forgiven; we forgive because we have been forgiven in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4:32
[32]And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

1 John 2:12
[12]I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Hebrews 10:14
[14]For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Before and at the time of Jesus, they had to keep the law to please God.

Leviticus 18:5
[5]Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

Matthew 19:16-17
[16]And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
[17]And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [/b]

In our time, we don’t have the laws (since it has been fulfilled and abolished)to keep; we only have to believe in Jesus as Lord and saviour.

[b]John 6:28-29
[28]Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29]Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
He did not say believe on them; he said believe on him(meaning he is talking about one person though God sent many into the world).
Who could that one person be?
It’s Jesus Christ, and he said so:

John 17:3
[3]And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
In our time, we don’t have the laws (since it has been fulfilled and abolished)to keep; we only have to believe in Jesus as Lord and saviour.

Romans 10:9-10
[9]That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
[10]For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 3:16,18
[16]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[18]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8-9
[8]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9]Not of works, lest any man should boast.
The above scriptures couldn’t have been possible if the law hadn’t been fulfilled and abolished.
Secondly, let’s checkout the outright declaration that the law has been fulfilled and abolished by Christ:

Romans 10:4
[4]For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hebrews 8:7-13
[7]For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
[8]For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
[9]Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
[10]For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
[11]And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
[12]For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
[13]In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Ephesians 2:14-15
[14]For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
[15]Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Colossians 2:13-14
[13]And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
[14]Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[/b]

He nailed it on the cross, he crucified it—glory be to God!

The above scriptures are declarations of what has already taken place in Christ Jesus; not what is yet to happen in the future or what we need to do something to make it happen. The forgiveness of our sins(sins of the past, present and future) were fully consummated through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. all that were actualized by his one sacrifice on the cross.

1 Peter 1:2
[2]Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Hebrews 10:14
[14]For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

For these reasons a Christian cannot sin hence saved forever.

1 John 3:9
[9]Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The bible says sin cannot be imputed unto us for His name sake.

[b]1 John 2:12
[12]I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Romans 4:1-8
[1]What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
[2]For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
[3]For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
[4]Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
[5]But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
[6]Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
[7]Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
[8]Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not i[/b]mpute sin.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
[17]Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
[18]And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
[19]To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Whenever the true gospel is preached, there is always a question:

Romans 6:1
[1]What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

This question is the prove that you are preaching the true gospel; if your gospel does not yet inspire such questions, then you are not preaching the true gospel but the law. And when such question is asked, and you cannot answer it, it is also a prove you don't understand the true gospel.

When Paul asked that question, he could perceive they were itching to ask some questions hence, ‘What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?’.

Having comprehensive understanding of the gospel he answered:

Romans 6:2-4
[2]God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
[3]Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Paul answering himself and the people through the above scriptures, he says, God forbid, and he went ahead to explain: we are dead to sin; not we are dead for sin.

What is the difference?

Dead for sin, means we died because of the sin/sins we committed--which is not what he said or saying.
Dead to sin, in the other hand, means we are dead, cut-off from sin, and now exist where we cannot reach out to sin or commit sin--we cannot penetrate to the kingdom of sin, the Christian-kingdom cannot be found sin to commit.

The typical illusion is that it's unreasonable to think that your dead grandfather is the one that ate the food you are looking for.

Why? [color=#990000][/color]

Because your dead grandfather does not exist in this world of physicality.
In the same vein, it's unreasonable to input sin to a Christian(a Christian simply means the-dead-to-sin, not the-dead-for-sin.
he does not exist where sin can be found or committed. I hope you still remembers what I said about David and the showbread, and the priests and the defilement of the Sabbath in the temple).

Paul also gives us a vivid picture in the next chapter:

Romans 7:1-3
[1]Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
[2]For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
[3]So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

That's a powerful illustration: the woman married, and she was called an adulteress; the same woman now marries, and she's not considered to be an adulteress.

why?

The answer is simple: the husband has died therefore owes him no more allegiance--she does not account to him now as her husband since he's dead and cut-off from her existence.

Do you know that we were married to sin and account to sin therefore were sinners; Just as a marriage between Mr. John and Ms. Mary automatically makes her Mrs. John. But when John dies, she has constitutional and moral right to answer a different name because there is separation between the two.

Likewise, Jesus became sin(our formal husband)and died; when he died, sin(our formal husband) died that we may marry another husband(Glorified Christ). Therefore, we no more answer to sin or associate to or with sin.

Romans 7:4
[4]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

But the above scripture does not say sin but the law?

Yes, I like your observation, it says that because the sources of sin is the law--there is no sin without the law, and there is no law without sin. In other words, the law existed for one reason, to produce sin not to stop sin( for where there is no law there is no sin).

Romans 4:15
[15]Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 3:20
[20]Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 5:13,20
[13](For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
[20]Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound...:

Then Jesus came to save us(knowing that it's impossible to save us without first fulfilling the law and take it out of the away)and said:

Matthew 5:17-18
[17]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[18]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

When Jesus fulfilled the law and took it out of the way, he says to the Father:

John 17:4
[4]I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

He claims he has accomplished what he came to do in

Matthew 5:17.
He has abolished the law(our formal husband)and it’s fruits(sin and death) and now we are married(not remarried, because we are new creatures, the one, the old man, that was married to the law died with Jesus on the cross, while our new self that exists now are our resurrected self that came out of the grave with the resurrected Jesus, our new husband, through baptism.

Romans 6:3-7
[3]Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5]For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6]Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
[7]For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Based on these achievements of Jesus, Paul writes:

[b]1 Corinthians 15:55-57
[55]O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
[56]The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
[57]But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:14-15
[14]For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
[15]Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Because of the death of our formal husband and our marriage with Christ, who exists to produce abundant grace, we cannot sin-- where we are, sin does not exist there.
We have been brought into the kingdom of our husband, where there is no existence of sin. In this kingdom, we are not trying to not sin, no, we can’t just sin, it is not possible in our kingdom:

Hebrews 12:22-24
[22]But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
[23]To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
[24]And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Colossians 1:12-13
[12]Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
[13]Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

[/b]

Why should we live right then?

TO BE CONTINUED...

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / The Power In The Word Of God (the Message Of Deliverance Part 2) / September Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.