Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? (4722 Views)

My People, What Did You All Drink Today? :D / NL Females: Which Body Will You Prefer To Have? And Guys Pick One! / Last Words Spoken By Famous People At Death, Or Shortly Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2010
THE LAST WORDS:                                              When Jesus Christ was about to give up the ghost, his last words were "It is finished.  Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."                                                             Before he died on May 29, 1942, a famous actor, John Barrymore, was quoted to have declared: "Die? I should say not, dear fellow, No. Barrymore would allow such a thing to happen to him."                                On the brink of death, Johannes Brahms, a Composer, was quoted as saying, "Ah, that tastes nice.  Thank you", on April 3, 1897.                                           I promise to post the last words of famous people on this thread.            But if I may ask, WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER AS YOUR  OWN LAST WORDS WHEN FACE TO FACE WITH DEATH?              ---omokemesi
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by iice(f): 11:28am On Oct 18, 2010
About bluidy time!
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2010
LAST WORDS OF Andrew Jackson, US President 1845: "Oh, do not cry - be good childred and we will all meet in heaven."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by dammizz(m): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2010
The situation then would determine d dying words. But 4 now, I'd rather be thinking of living words
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2010
THE PREFERRED                LAST WORDS OF             OMOKEMESI:                                                         "Thank God. I came to this world with NOTHING. I am leaving with NOTHING, except  the SALVATION I received through the Son of God. To God be the glory. My God, here I coooome."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by adroitp(m): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2010
I wish to say: i swear that no other GOD expect you {ALLAH}, and prophet Muhammed is the holy messanger, servant, and your prophet
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 5:18am On Oct 19, 2010
THE LAST WORDS OF KEN SARO-WIWA: "Lord take my soul but the struggle continues."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Dolemite(f): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2010
Mine would be "I'm. . .i'm. . .i'm coooming" I'll be having sex of course. grin
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
LAST WORDS OF JEAN PAUL SARTRE: "I failed!"
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 5:36am On Oct 20, 2010
LAST WORDS OF STATESMAN, WINSTON CHURCHILL : "I'm bored with it all." ***His last words before slipping into a coma. He died nine days later. January 24, 1965.
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:06am On Oct 21, 2010
THE LAST WORDS of  John Quincy Adams, US President. Feb. 21, 1848 :                                "This is the last of earth!  I am content."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 7:02am On Oct 22, 2010
THE LAST WORDS of a Writer, Anton Pavlovich Chekhov, July 1, 1904 : "I am dying. I haven't drunk Champagne for a long time."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 22, 2010
Can we not talk abt death please? grin
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2010
@Rokiatu, the main purpose of this thread is to enable those alive to learn lessons from the state of mind of famous people when they had no more opportunity to make amends. Some people spoke with regret while about to give up. But, Rokiatu, post what you want to say about death. -OMOKEMESI
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2010
Omokemesi:

THE PREFERRED LAST WORDS OF RANKS007: "Thank God. I came to this world with NOTHING. I am leaving with NOTHING, except  the SALVATION I received through the Son of God. To God be the glory. My God, here I coooome."
grin grin grin
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by GameEvent(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2010
By the Grace of God my lasy words will be Ash aduan La ilaha illallah, wash aduana muhammad-ur- rasul-Allah. Meaning 'I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 23, 2010
My last words? *snore* *snore*
Hopefully I will die of old age in my sleep snoring with no care in the world.

LMFAO@ DOLEMITE!
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 5:31am On Oct 23, 2010
THE LAST WORDS OF Thomas Hobbes, English Philosopher : "It's my turn, to take a leap into the darkness."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2010
LAST WORDS OF Joseph Addison, a writer (June 17, 1719) "See in what peace a Christian can die."

1 Like

Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:44am On Oct 26, 2010
THE LAST WORDS OF Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury, 1170 : "I am ready to die for my Lord, that in my blood the Church may obtain liberty and peace."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by dominique(f): 8:57am On Oct 26, 2010
Franklin D Roosevelt- "I have a terrific pain in the back of my head". Then he fell into a coma and never woke up.
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2010
THE LAST WORDS OF Henry Ward Beecher, Evangelist, 1887 : "Now come the mistery."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by myteacher(m): 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2010
Must be a reflection of where one is going to after death or what one's life has been about. Something to think about though.
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2010
@myteacher. You are my teacher indeed! You are absolutely correct. Thank you for your post. _OMOKEMESI
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:22am On Oct 29, 2010
THE LAST WORDS OF Ludwig Beethoven, Composer, 1827 : "Friends applaud, the comedy is finished."
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Newnikolas(m): 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
This thread is nice. But I feel down on over 70% of dying people who have much within to express but find it impossible to utter them owing to the nature of their dying situation.
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2010
@Newnikolas, thank you for your post and concern for those who found themselves in situation you pointed out. But you will agree with me that nobody dies without last words. The only problem is that 95% or more of dying words were not recorded. Even those who found themselves in situation you expressed must have said something before their inability to utter any word again. I have witnessed a dying man who was biting his finger for his inability to speak when he was about to give up the ghost. Still, he must have said something before his condition deteriorated.
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by 4tune1(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2010
Some would say, pls take care of my children o.
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by 4tune1(m): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2010
Mine would be; Allahu Akbar 3X LAILAH ILLAH LAU MOHAMAD ROSULULLAH SALALAHU WALEH WASALAM. Insha Allah
Re: Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? by Omokemesi(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2010
THE LAST WORDS OF Jessica Dubroff (Minutes before her plane crashed) : "Do you hear the rain? Do you hear the rain?"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Time Is Money. Do You Manage Your Time Well? / New Content Counters And Trending Topics Cleanup / Top 10 Igbo Rappers 2017(official)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.