Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa (23087 Views)

Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap ABSU Students, Other Passengers. Driver Shot Dead / Noel Njoku, Nigerian Driver Shot Dead While Delivering Food In USA (Picture) / Tanker Driver Shot Dead By Soldier At Army Checkpoint In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by wallezee: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2019
Wisdomval67:
Please Nigerians don’t go to South Africa again.
But you will like us to keep going to the US?
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by monimekaz(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Why always Igbo?

They travel a lot

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by safarigirl(f): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Why always Igbo?
why always Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2019
wallezee:

So South Africa and America are the only country in this world? Use your empty brain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 05, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Nna, south aburozi ya o!

FarahAideed, kedu ubochi I ga ama ihe?
Odi egwu! Ihe nka hu gwuru mmadu ike!. south aburozi ya Atall!!
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:20am On Aug 05, 2019
When I stay here, the rain beat me, when I go there, the sun beats me.
Tale of a Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by merits(m): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2019
alphonsojaybaz:
Nigerian Taxify driver shot dead in South Africa
source: https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/08/05/nigerian-taxify-driver-shot-dead-in-south-africa/

The Nigerian union in South Africa (NUSA) on Sunday confirmed the untimely death of Benjamin Okoronkwo, a 43-year-old Taxify driver, in Johannesburg.
Okoronkwo hails from Okposi, Ohaozara local government area in Ebonyi state.
According to a statement issued by Ikele Odefa, the union’s assistant national publicity secretary, the deceased was shot dead by unknown assailants at about 3am on August 3, in his car.
Eyes Of Lagos reports that NUSA has visited the scene of the ugly incident and subsequently opened a case of murder at Mofartview police station in Johannesburg south cluster.
Odefa said the deceased is survived by two children and a wife.
He said the union was calling yet again on law enforcement to investigate his murder and whoever was involved should be prosecuted.
The death toll of Nigerians killed in South Africa has continued to rise, with more than 120 lives lost since 2016.

9ja no good,and you left to country to seeks for greener pasture.at the end death, vanity upon vanity.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2019
Restoresp:
One business the zulu's will never share with a foreigner is their transport business.
I tell you! They have even fought the Zimbabweans years back because of this.

Nigerians can do anything else, sell drugs, Guns, prostitutions, yahoo, 418, fu ck their wives and girlfriends and petty fraud but leave TAXI DRIVING for the ZULUs
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by akindele214(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2019
SAD
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by KelB(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2019
Get a friend that informs you when bitcion rises.. Massive cash out in a jiffy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by olu77(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2019
chiommy123:
People keep blaming the victims so all this people being killed everyday in south Africa don't behave well we should continue cos they're not our relations shm

People always forget that what goes around comes around. While I was growing up in Kaduna there was a major religious conflict one year and people were being slaughtered as usual. A lady whose brother was off to work told a neighbor that she was not troubled because she learnt it's Christians that were been killed. Well, the brother was brought back home with a severed hand and he was a Muslim. People are been killed in mass shootings across America, it doesn't bother some people because it has not affected their family members.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2019
Restoresp:
One business the zulu's will never share with a foreigner is their transport business.

Yeah, blame it on the Zulus, as if he wasn't also killed by someone he knows. Only unsavoury characters conduct business at that hour & those are the risks he cosigned to when he accepted the job/shift. Boohoo. Must you people turn everything into some paranoid conspiracy theory against you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by uuzba(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2019
juvewalex:
It's no more news when a Nigerian gets killed in south Africa ,it's always expected due to South Africans barbaric feelings towards Nigerians and no solution in sight from both Our government and SA authority , no one ever gets arrested for these killings.
It's really tough being Nigerians both home an abroad.

RIP BRO...
Do you know what apartheid has done to these people?
They don't know how to dream big anymore. They're just psychological slaves in their own country. White man so forced them to stay one place that even their mind is also staying one place now. They can't think again. Just sex and drink.
When they see you with idea, making money and marrying their girls, they are infuriated.

Go there at your own risk

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by uuzba(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2019
wallezee:
Go to another country na?
Australia, India?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2019
olu77:

People always forget that what goes around comes around. While I was growing up in Kaduna there was a major religious conflict one year and people were being slaughtered as usual. A lady whose brother was off to work told a neighbor that she was not troubled because she learnt it's Christians that were been killed. Well, the brother was brought back home with a severed hand and he was a Muslim. People are been killed in mass shootings across America, it doesn't bother some people because it has not affected their family members.
So what do you want Nigerian people to do about American people been shot in America?

Do Nigerians not have enough of their own problems? or are they not been killed also in Nigeria?,

You sound very sentimental. Americans kiling Americans, what has that got to do with Nigerians?,
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by BULLIONVAN4(m): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Why always Igbo?
Because an average Igbo man sees the world as his village.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by FarahAideed: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2019
realestniggah:

What was he doing outside around 3am?

Uber work na
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by olu77(m): 9:45am On Aug 05, 2019
gypsey:
So what do you want Nigerian people to do about American people been shot in America?

Do Nigerians not have enough of their own problems? or are they not been killed also in Nigeria?,

You sound very sentimental. Americans kiling Americans, what has that got to do with Nigerians?,

I only used that as an example to buttress my point that people don't care about what happens to others as long as their family members are not involved. Unfortunately you just proved me right since you believed that only Americans live in America and are the only ones killing one another. Do you have family members in America? If you do, you don't care because it is Americans killing Americans what has it got to do with Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by olisaEze(m): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2019
helinues:

Well its all speculations sha.. But our people don't behave well in abroad.. That's the bitter truth

My broda, say no to inferiority complex! No Nigerian deserves to be killed in any country in Africa just for existing there. Not after the role we played in their pre/post independence struggles. I don’t know how old u are, but I remember school kids, civil servants and even traders donating a little amount of money to countries like Namibia to kick-start their independence! Musicians like the great Fela, Sunny Okosun, Majek Fashek, The Mandators, Orits Wiliki, all singing and pressing for the end to the apartheid regime in South Africa.

And now people like u think it’s okay for ur own people to be reviled in Africa!? Sabi ursef no bi curse, my broda!!
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Amudeneogu: 9:52am On Aug 05, 2019
All Nigerians in South Africa should come home since they did not like Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2019
olu77:

I only used that as an example to buttress my point that people don't care about what happens to others as long as their family members are not involved. Unfortunately you just proved me right since you believed that only Americans live in America and are the only ones killing one another. Do you have family members in America? If you do, you don't care because it is Americans killing Americans what has it got to do with Nigeria?
grin grin grin In the last few years thousands of innocent children have been killed in Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan and pakistan and Iraq, either by drones used by Americans or bombs manufactured by Americans, I bet you have no idea of all these killings, Thousands of children, women and men were killed in libya by made in America bombs and guns.

And just few people were shot in America and you are on here Criticising Nigerians or people for not caring, and lecturing them on moralities.

Americans kill Americans with American made guns, Yesss!! i don't care!! give me one reason why i should care?

wether i live in America or not, have families in America or not, as you have said, if the people killed were not my families, i will not care! it is human nature. just like you didn't care about other people killed in other countries all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2019
uuzba:

Do you know what apartheid has done to these people?
They don't know how to dream big anymore. They're just psychological slaves in their own country. White man so forced them to stay one place that even their mind is also staying one place now. They can't think again. Just sex and drink.
When they see you with idea, making money and marrying their girls, they are infuriated.

Go there at your own risk

Lol, what are these big ideas you bring to SA? Because most of you just come here to loaf around or leech on South African women like gigolos.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol, what are these big ideas you bring to SA? Because most of you just come here to loaf around or leech on South African women like gigolos.
Are you speaking from exprience? grin grin

Can you swear you have never slept with a nigerian guy? tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2019
gypsey:
Are you speaking from exprience? grin grin

Can you swear you have never slept with a nigerian guy? tongue

I know people who're married to good-for-nothing, jobless Nigerian men who live off them. There're many. I often wonder what they find attractive about a man that sits on his ass the whole day doing nothing grin That could never be me cheesy

No, I never had sex with a Nigerian man but you could be my 1st wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by olu77(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2019
gypsey:
grin grin grin In the last few years thousands of innocent children have been killed in Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan and pakistan and Iraq, either by drones used by Americans or bombs manufactured by Americans, I bet you have no idea of all these killings, Thousands of children, women and men were killed in libya by made in America bombs and guns.

And just few people were shot in America and you are on here Criticising Nigerians or people for not caring, and lecturing them on moralities.

Americans kill Americans with American made guns, Yesss!! i don't care!! give me one reason why i should care?

I used two examples and my point is simple. You mentioned earlier that I sounded sentimental yes i am emotional about any kind of killing of unarmed, innocent civilians anywhere in the world. My point is what goes around comes around. Your point is why should I care if there is killing in America if I am not affected. You should care because the killers are not targeting their own people and. There are people from all over the world in America. All Americans do not support politically motivated killings in other countries. I just have values for live irrespective of race, ethnicity, religious or political beliefs. Again what goes around comes around is my point we shouldn't say why should I care it's Muslim killing muslims or it's westerners killing westerners no one is an island these days.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Litmus: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2019
helinues:

Well its all speculations sha.. But our people don't behave well in abroad.. That's the bitter truth

Look at the quote below and come to terms with the fact that you are an idiot.

Okoronkwo hails from Okposi, Ohaozara local government area in Ebonyi state. He is survived by two children and a wife.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by olu77(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2019
gypsey:

wether i live in America or not, have families in America or not, as you have said, if the people killed were not my families, i will not care! it is human nature. just like you didn't care about other people killed in other countries all over the world.

Meanwhile, it's amazing how difficult it is for you to comprehend that I only used the American example in the context that some Americans don't care about the shooting as long as their family are not involved. I am not in anyway lecturing Nigerians. Just saying humans can't feel other humans pain as long as they are not in their shoe. The genesis of all these is because a Naira lander posted this:

Suggesting that all Nigerians behave badly abroad therefore deserve to be killed. Is he right? Do you behave badly abroad?
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Odinaka00(m): 10:32am On Aug 05, 2019
This could be a robbery. It happens to Locals too.. Many Taxify drivers have lost their lives through car hijacking. That's why Zulu drivers now carry guns because of what they go through in the hands of these at me robbers. This may not have anything to do with Xenophobia. These people should just stop making it look like South Africans just kill Nigerians.. If that's the case a lot of Nigerians will be dying everyday in S.A. this country is very unsafe.. Anyone can be assassinated and trust me some of these assassins are mostly Zimbabweans... May His soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Litmus: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2019
How I wish Nigerians will open their eyes and see that Nigeria is great compared to the crappy nations that infest the rest of Africa. Stop romanticising these places like South Africa and other rubbish places and safeguard you home Nigeria instead of trying to destroy her.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2019
olu77:

I used two examples and my point is simple. You mentioned earlier that I sounded sentimental yes i am emotional about any kind of killing of unarmed, innocent civilians anywhere in the world. My point is what goes around comes around. Your point is why should I care if there is killing in America if I am not affected. You should care because the killers are not targeting their own people and. There are people from all over the world in America. All Americans do not support politically motivated killings in other countries. I just have values for live irrespective of race, ethnicity, religious or political beliefs. Again what goes around comes around is my point we shouldn't say why should I care it's Muslim killing muslims or it's westerners killing westerners no one is an island these days.
Now, i see your point.
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by JBoss25(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2019
DameB:
Wow... R.I.P
Once again, if aauside the country nor favour return home o... A living dog is better than a dead lion
we're all going to die one day so why not live life to the fullest
Re: Nigerian Taxify Driver Shot Dead In South Africa by realestniggah: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2019
FarahAideed:

Uber work na

Well that a terrible decision.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

15-year-old Rape Victim Pregnant For Abuser – Police / Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun / Adewale Oloyede Is Dead. Killed In Kogi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.