Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) (65370 Views)

Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message / Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Thank God for white man brain oooooo...
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Aonkuuse(m): 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
gaby:
Hmmm

I'm very sure it was more effective and less chaotic than the so-called automatics of today.

are you sure?

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by opius: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Na wa o. For how long is he going to stand there ? Thank God for technology. Kudos to him though.

1 Like

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by showafrica(m): 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
gaby:
Hmmm

I'm very sure it was more effective and less chaotic than the so-called automatics of today.

I tell you, Nigerians are poor thinkers generally. These so called automatic causes hold up due to poor programing. I think it still need to be manually controlled from remote for better traffic management or programed with priority. How can traffic from major road have the same access time with traffic from minor road in a Junction ? Poor thinkers.

1 Like

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Choose one, don't use both.
Thanks prof
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
when there was no traffic
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by MossadAgent: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
That's a garrison guard or sentry in front of a halt sign and not a traffic warden.

The sentry is on guard duty enforcing a no entry zone. Maybe a colonial quarters, office or security outpost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Ttipsy(f): 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
when it come to traffic light compliance I give it to Uyo,

You See what Nigerian don't understand, when you obey traffic lights it lessen your stress of driving

1 Like

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Ttipsy(f): 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
ruggedtimi:
when there was no traffic
now there's traffic, there's even more sophisticated traffic lights to control any manner of traffic, weather heavy or light.

just that in this part of the world, we pay negligence to it, still we complain of "go slow
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Ayodun1: 12:26am On Aug 06, 2019
Edyice:

Until Tinubu CAME in grin

I wrote Thief nubu

Naira land change my write-up embarassed

Seun is either Thief nubu person or ......

Let me check if you truly wrote Tinubu
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by biggyT: 12:30am On Aug 06, 2019
That's history, learn how to benefit from such facts by enrolling for this

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by jafol(m): 1:12am On Aug 06, 2019
animalroof2018:

buhariisagoat.com

Nnamdiisatm
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by nairalanduseles: 1:22am On Aug 06, 2019
gaby:
Hmmm

Naa bro maybe only in naija were everyone is lawless
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by nairalanduseles: 1:24am On Aug 06, 2019
datola:
Wow. The whites always showing us how to live a better life.

I strongly disagree....we lived better and they know it

1 Like

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by OTharry: 2:24am On Aug 06, 2019
It was smart idea
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by izombie(m): 3:22am On Aug 06, 2019
I bet that traffic light was in 3D.
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by baddosky1: 5:20am On Aug 06, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Keep blaming others for your misfortune.

As at 2010, OAU Ife had more traffic lights than the entire south east.

Just as they have more dilapidated structures than the entire community primary schools in the most remote parts of the South East.

https://www.nairaland.com/2779678/bad-welfare-condition-students-oau

Chest beater!

Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Princsk1(m): 5:34am On Aug 06, 2019

EXCLUSIVE: Shiites Speaks On El-Zakzaky Reported Release

https://happeningsng.com/exclusive-shiites-speaks-on-el-zakzaky-reported-release/
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by IKEPENTECOST: 6:02am On Aug 06, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Choose one, don't use both.

Nnaa!! Eh!!
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Edyice: 6:10am On Aug 06, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Keep blaming others for your misfortune.

As at 2010, OAU Ife had more traffic lights than the entire south east.

Are you seun ,
You sound like you work for him ..
Anyways just tell him ( if any changes HAPPENS to my post again ,am off ... Yep switch to other apps) cool cool
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Goors1n: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2019
Amazing sharing,thanks
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by seancombs617: 6:34am On Aug 06, 2019
Na person grandpa be that o grin
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Unrated900(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2019
The united state must have been using the green yellow red since 1776 proud to
Be an American
Re: The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) by Wickedfacts: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2019
Edyice:

Are you seun ,
You sound like you work for him ..
Anyways just tell him ( if any changes HAPPENS to my post again ,am off ... Yep switch to other apps) cool cool

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Your foolishness won't be missed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.