Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? (484 Views)

Does Religion Matter? / Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by Beke2020: 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
Good day ma,

I’m in love with someone… We both are in love though but my only problem is the religion aspect….. He’s a Muslim and I’m a Christian.

Frankly speaking, he’s got all the qualities I need in a man…Though to him, he doesn’t see religion as a barrier… He is even willing to convert to be a Christian.

We are both in same level in the same university but different department though….
He’s 25 and I’m 20.His plan........

https://livelystones.com.ng/does-religion-matter-when-we-both-love-each-other/
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by Oshin56(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
Let love lead and not religion
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by drginger(f): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
It depends on how far you take your faith, for me religion matters, same thing happened to me, but I walked away, he was all good and thinks religion is no big deal, he wasn't ready to convert but he said I could still go to church after marriage. I care abt the names my kids Wil bear, would they be going for islamia while I go to church? What about your family? Or you don't mind about their support? There are things that would unveil in marriage that you may not see now, I was really in love my friends were scared! But I took a bold step and walked away, love is not enough. But again it depends on how far both of you take ur faith. What I felt at that point could not take me away from the love of Christ. Dude got married with 2kids presently and your sister is still not married yet, but il take that same decision again and again
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by Lovelash: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2019
drginger:
It depends on how far you take your faith, for me religion matters, same thing happened to me, but I walked away, he was all good and thinks religion is no big deal, he wasn't ready to convert but he said I could still go to church after marriage. I care abt the names my kids Wil bear, would they be going for islamia while I go to church? What about your family? Or you don't mind about their support? There are things that would unveil in marriage that you may not see now, I was really in love my friends were scared! But I took a bold step and walked away, love is not enough. But again it depends on how far both of you take ur faith. What I felt at that point could not take me away from the love of Christ. Dude got married with 2kids presently and your sister is still not married yet, but il take that same decision again and again
I made the mistake of believing that religion does not matter when I married my late husband who was a muslim. He assured me his cooperation and support in my Christian walk. However, few years into the marriage he changed, and even denied ever telling me all he assured me of at that time. His friends, family members and co workers of same religion with him greately influenced him negatively against me. I survived only by God's grace.
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by drginger(f): 9:40am On Aug 07, 2019
Lovelash:
I made the mistake of believing that religion does not matter when I married my late husband who was a muslim. He assured me his cooperation and support in my Christian walk. However, few years into the marriage he changed, and even denied ever telling me all he assured me of at that time. His friends, family members and co workers of same religion with him greately influenced him negatively against me. I survived only by God's grace.
Thank God for you ma'am, thanks for sharing
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by Aaronsrod: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2019
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Do not do this. It is a certain road unto the gates of Hell! God is a jealous God.
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by shadeyinka(m): 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
Beke2020:
Good day ma,

I’m in love with someone… We both are in love though but my only problem is the religion aspect….. He’s a Muslim and I’m a Christian.

Questions to answer by you:
1. Do you believe many religions lead to heaven?
2. As a professing Christian, why do you think Jesus died and rose from the dead?
3. Do you care if your children go to hell?
4. Do you think it will be fair to raise your children as Christians when your husband is a Muslim?
5. Would you prevent him from observing his religion to the full?
(He is legally allowed to marry four wives)
6. He believes that the Bible is full of errors, that Jesus didn't die nor did he resurrect from the dead, His paradise is different from yours..etc
7. What if he becomes " a born again Muslim" and decides to practice strict Islam? Do you think it is impossible?
8. Finally, would you be willing to forfeit your salvation for the sake of harmony in your marriage?

Count the cost my dear. Marriage isn't all about love. You probably don't even know what is LOVE yet.

Agreed, he is responsible, has a good income and well spoken BUT is that enough?
Re: Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? by Beke2020: 8:44am On Aug 10, 2019
Hmnnn, learnt so much from all your comments

(1) (Reply)

SOLUTION TO BEDWETTING / Impregnate Your Maid Servant If Possible – Counselor Lutterodt, Do U Agree? / Desperate Taraba Man Climbs Mast To Get TB Joshua's Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.