Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,066 members, 7,842,026 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

#RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members (17389 Views)

Soludo Calls For Unconditional Release Of Nnamdi Kanu, Offers To Be His Surety / Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by West2019(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
unscripted:
yea , its obvious that non of your family members have been kidnapped on Benin ore road , and you have a awesome job ,
you dey mind that idiot Fulani herdsmen will surely visit him or anyone of him families this year
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
unscripted:
yea , its obvious that non of your family members have been kidnapped on Benin ore road , and you have a awesome job ,

K
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Paxie55: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
samcus:
lol
Lol
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Techsunny: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
samcus:
lol
Buhari and Afonja
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So people are not allowed to demand for good governance again?

Did you even read their memo !

I understand most Igbos have been talking with both sides of their mouth with regards the revolution.

Do you know the meaning of A REVOLUTION?

And stop trying to be petty by bringing any tribal reason.... The protest only happened in the West.

Is there any protest in Borno, or even Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Naijaviewsng: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Techsunny: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
Afonjas u haven't see any thing yet.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Npfn: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hahaha mumu yorubas how far the revolution abeg sai baba insha allah
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
West2019:
I pray to God Almighty befor the ending of this year 2019 Fulani herdsmen will visit you and that should be the end of ur life amen

I pray to make heaven irrespective of whatever way I die

That's what matters to me
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by CHEEPO: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
carbon1224:

This guy no get sense at all,imagine your self writing something like this.i can see you are benefiting from this government.its a pity for you continue.

Mr carbon don't be insultive pls. Lets discuss.
In revolutions around the word people play different roles or parts.1) some get killed. 2) some get arrested 3) some get beatings 4) some locked up. Nigerians in their offices or place of hustle won't join naa. It is only jobless and people that are not smart or the pawns that gets into trouble. These protesters why dint they vote for sowore ? Just work hard make money ,be employer of labour and invest in the private sector. Government cannot do everything and this present govt dint create this economy mess. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by junglej: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So people are not allowed to demand for good governance again?

Did you even read their memo !

I understand most Igbos have been talking with both sides of their mouth with regards to the revolution.

Get this; Buhari will rule for three years and someone like him will take over again. Please i don't want to hear any wailing from your side.

You are definitely sick, no regards for life, the need to live, the need to be treated will by the government you vote. Just so sickening, I doubt you are a Nigerian
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Iamgrey5(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:

Do you know the meaning of A REVOLUTION?

And stop trying to be petty by bringing any tribal reason.... The protest only happened in the West.

Is there any protest in Borno, or even Ibadan?

Yes because others are busy talking from both side of their mouth.

And yes I know what a revolution is sir; check their memo very well, they are not demanding for a change in government, but a change in the way the government works.

So how is any of their demands peculiar any Section of Nigeria?
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2019
CHEEPO:

Mr carbon don't be insultive pls. Lets discuss.
In revolutions around the word people play different roles or parts.1) some get killed. 2) some get arrested 3) some get beatings 4) some locked up. Nigerians in their offices or place of hustle won't join naa. It is only jobless and people that are not smart or the pawns that gets into trouble. These protesters why dint they vote for sowore ? Just work hard make money ,be employer of labour and invest in the private sector. Government cannot do everything and this present govt dint create this economy mess. Cheers

I hope to meet you someday and buy you a bottle of any drink you take

More blessings, brother

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by bosunjohns(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
festacman:
The truth is that a single broomstick does nothing to HEAP OF MESS compared to a broom of thousand sticks banded together.

The problem with Yele Sowore is his feeling of SUPERIORITY COMPLEX. His leadership of University of Lagos Student Union is still in his head. He looks down on other social activists. It is either he captains ship and navigates it with his MYOPIC compass or he leaves the ship. That is exactly what played out in build up to 2019 presidential election. He rushed quite early in the day to register his own PERSONAL political party where he would call the shots with handful of young admirers offering him their adoration and worship. This singular action killed the momentum that was already building for emergence a younger cerebral president.

The reality is if people like SELFISH YELE SOWORE can put aside his ego and humbly work with others by applying sacrifice and patriotism to paint a bigger picture rather focus on building personal resume, the much sought but currently elusive NEW POLITICAL ORDER will become a reality. It is not late to start NOW to strategize for 2023. The young people of this country have the numbers, the spread and the media to mobilise themselves to ADOPT and VOTE for a CAPABLE candidate and then follow it up immediately with total OCCUPY PROTEST if the election is rigged.

It is important to note that an acceptable candidate MUST NOT be young and under 40. A 50-ish successful professional or entrepreneur with required knowledge, intellectual capacity and contemporary mindset should be the target. A TEAM BUILDER who understands the PROBLEMS and offers practical SOLUTION IDEAS and is open to ideas of others.
Great input.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Iamgrey5(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
junglej:

You are definitely sick, no regards for life, the need to live, the need to be treated will by the government you vote. Just so sickening, I doubt you are a Nigerian
I am agreeing with you but you are still cursing me

I said Buhari will rule and someone like him will take over again!
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Paxie55: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2019
I will laugh well when I come back abeg.

Ndi ara
Buhari 2050 grin

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Yes because others are busy talking from both side of their mouth.

And yes I know what a revolution is sir; check their memo very well, they are not demanding for a change in government, but a change in the way the government works.

So how is any of their demands peculiar any Section of Nigeria.

What change, if I may ask? Did anything change before?

Buhari selected his friends to be ministers in 2015, not minding competence, and he did it in 2019

Herdsmen have been killing people in the past four years, with no one prosecuted, and it's still happening

Or should we talk about jobs, power, education,? What actually changed, brother? Tell yourself the truth.. What changed?

The past four years was a total disaster....We had the chance to vote out Buhari, not consider Atiku and vote any other soul on that paper... But they all celebrated when Buhari won Abi?

Have you asked yourself why the protest isn't happening any where else apart from Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Iamgrey5(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
I have nothing to lose in the current government. I have a lot to gain.

I support Ggenga Adeyinka son on this, a people's revolution can never work In a country like Nigeria cool
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by thatareaguy: 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
[s]
festacman:
The truth is that a single broomstick does nothing to HEAP OF MESS compared to a broom of thousand sticks banded together.

The problem with Yele Sowore is his feeling of SUPERIORITY COMPLEX. His leadership of University of Lagos Student Union is still in his head. He looks down on other social activists. It is either he captains ship and navigates it with his MYOPIC compass or he leaves the ship. That is exactly what played out in build up to 2019 presidential election. He rushed quite early in the day to register his own PERSONAL political party where he would call the shots with handful of young admirers offering him their adoration and worship. This singular action killed the momentum that was already building for emergence of a younger cerebral president.

The reality is if people like SELFISH YELE SOWORE can put aside his ego and humbly work with others by applying sacrifice and patriotism to paint a bigger picture rather focus on building personal resume, the much sought but currently elusive NEW POLITICAL ORDER will become a reality. It is not late to start NOW to strategize for 2023. The young people of this country have the numbers, the spread and the media to mobilise themselves to ADOPT and VOTE for a CAPABLE candidate and then follow it up immediately with total OCCUPY PROTEST if the election is rigged.

It is important to note that an acceptable candidate MUST NOT be young and under 40. A 50-ish successful professional or entrepreneur with required knowledge, intellectual capacity and contemporary mindset should be the target. A TEAM BUILDER who understands the PROBLEMS and offers practical SOLUTION IDEAS and is open to ideas of others.
[/s]
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by izzou(m): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I have nothing to lose in the current government. I have a lot to gain.

I support Ggenga Adeyinka son on this, a people's revolution can never work In a country like Nigeria cool

Good for you sire

So just sit down, take your cup of palm wine and watch it burn.... That's what the people wanted cool
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Iamgrey5(m): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:

What change, if I may ask? Did anything change before?

Buhari selected his friends to be ministers in 2015, not minding competence, and he did it in 2019

Herdsmen have been killing people in the past four years, with no one prosecuted, and it's still happening

Or should we talk about jobs, power, education,? What actually changed, brother? Tell yourself the truth.. What changed?

The past four years was a total disaster....We had the chance to vote out Buhari, not consider Atiku and vote any other soul on that paper... But they all celebrated when Buhari won Abi?

Have you asked yourself why the protest isn't happening any where else apart from Lagos?
Perhaps you should have read their memo and save yourself the embarrassment of sounding like a broken record. You seem to by walling in your write up. Yet, you are ridiculing those that have taken it upon themselves to seek a change in the system.

✓They demanded some basic things like true federalism,

✓they want children of politicians to school in Nigeria,

✓they want people in government to seek medical treatment in Nigeria.

✓They want politicians to work on reducing what they earn and any salary increases be tied to rate of inflation, which is. standard practice around the world.

✓They want government to take the security of country more seriously.

So tell me how those things are unreasonable?

The problem you have with protest is that you think everyone participating in the protest voted for Buhari in the just concluded election against your saint Obi and Atiku

Well sorry to break your bubble, this is greater than Atiku, Obi, Buhari, Tinubu or Even your mini God Kanu.

@ Starting at Lagos

Change can start from anywhere, it can be from tiny a village or a big city or even in thick forest; it doesn't change the fact that people want change

Most revolutions around the world have actually been started by random nobodies.
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Princedapace(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

Please,the police should charge them for treason and ensure they spend every single day of their lives in Kirikiri

I want to ask the protesters a question

Was Nigeria safe before the elections in February?
Was there stable power before February?
Was there jobs before February?
Was there any sector that was okay before February?

If I may ask again, who did the protesters vote for in February? It must be either Buhari or Atiku

Even Sowore did not file any petition to challenge Buhari's victory

And then you all wake up one morning to protest about what sef

Let's allow Buhari to rule in peace Abeg.... 2023 is closeby ..

I can believe someone made this post and some people liked it..

Oh, lord, this country is finished and should be sold.. so becuase things were bad previously, they should continue like that?

So, countries were their citizens protest for good governance are foolish abi?
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by jamjo: 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

Please,the police should charge them for treason and ensure they spend every single day of their lives in Kirikiri

If I may ask again, who did the protesters vote for in February? It must be either Buhari or Atiku

What did they do because they are excising their right that the Nigerian constitution empowered them? The picture below do you recognize them? that was 2014, That was your God Buhari and Co committing the same crime during Jonathan. Treason is a crime if protesting against bad governance is a treason offense your God Buhari and Co deserves to be jailed don't you think so?

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by magicminister: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
festacman:

The problem with Yele Sowore is his feeling of SUPERIORITY COMPLEX. His leadership of University of Lagos Student Union is still in his head. He looks down on other social activists. It is either he captains ship and navigates it with his MYOPIC compass or he leaves the ship. That is exactly what played out in build up to 2019 presidential election. He rushed quite early in the day to register his own PERSONAL political party where he would call the shots with handful of young admirers offering him their adoration and worship. This singular action killed the momentum that was already building for emergence of a younger cerebral president.

I have personally worked with Sowore and all this is far from truth
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Omolomo4eva(m): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
IS DIS DEMOCRACY
?SOJA BOIX ABEG COM N TAKE OVA
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Omolomo4eva(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

U JUST MADE A REMARK DAT I WIL CAL A BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE.

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by diegwu02: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
jamjo:

What did they do because they are excising their right that the Nigerian constitution empowered them? The picture below do you recognize them? that was 2014, That was your God Buhari and Co committing the same crime during Jonathan. Treason is a crime if protesting against bad governance is a treason offense your God Buhari and Co deserves to be jailed don't you think so?
how do you compare this very Peaceful walk to the one called by Sowore?
Sowore was calling for a violent change in govt and promised to wipe out DSS by Tuesday
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
Jobless
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Danchibez: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

Sorry for yourself
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by Moboj: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
izzou:
grin

You have a huge problem, Some Nigerians are really sick in the head
Do you understand the meaning of Democracy at all,this brutality only happens in a Military regime where the Head of State has no respect for its citizens rights
Buhari hasn't only defiled the Federal system of Government, he has monopolized the whole thing,heavily armed policemen for a peaceful protest,arresting protesters like they are hardened criminals,don't the police force have a thinking of their own?
This is Nigeria where some Nigerians will go ahead and say rubbish like "it's Monday morning bullshit" if you can't join in making the change happen just keep shut!
4 good years of hardship and lacks
Buhari is Nigeria's plague if you're too blind to see that
Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by fanysteve: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Mumu , single sense you don’t have , I pity your industry
izzou:
grin

Re: #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members by DUNKA(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Yawa don gas �

I knew their was a financial ��� angle to it..

SHARING FORMULA TEARS REVOLUTIONARIES APART, AS STATE COORDINATORS PULL OUT

All appears not to be well within the ranks of the self-styled Nigerian revolutionaries following emerging allegations of commercialization of the struggle and the refusal by major organizers of the protest to evenly distribute funds so far received.

Yele Sowore, the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the last presidential election and owner of the popular online newspaper, Saharareporters had announced the commencement of revolutionary protest across the country. He did thisby launching hashtags on Social Media such as as#RevolutionNow, #ThisIsNotMyCountry and the #DayOfRage. He maintained that the action was aimed at drawing the attention of Government to the ills of the society including insecurity, unemployment, bad roads, and lack of electricity among others.

Although the hashtags have continued to trend across the various social media platforms, indications have emerged that some actors, mainly student union leaders in some Universities have queried Sowore's refusal to disburse collected funds to the various coordinators. One of the aggrieved coordinators disclosed that Sowore collected monies running into about $35m from some Nigerian politicians and Middle East diplomats in the United States and Dubai.

He claimed that the money collected from Dubai is believed to have been offered by the diplomat who is seeking the destabilization of the country in reaction to the continued incarceration of the leader of Shiites, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.

Currently, some of the coordinators are threatening to pull out of the planned revolution on Monday. One Kunle Omoshola, who claimed to be the coordinator in Ogun State said the initial plan was for the money to be distributed to the various state coordinators one week before the protest. He wondered why Sowore was still reluctant to release funds to aid the mobilization process.

"I may not participate in the so-called revolution protest anymore. Some of the organizers have commercialized the exercise. They collected money and are still holding tight to it. That is not how things work. That was how "Our Mumu Don Do" group collapsed. Charly Boy betrayed Adeyanju by collecting money from the same government they were meant to be fighting. If Sowore fails to release the money, he should go to the street alone. Let Moses Andrew and the other selfish and hungry sell-outs follow him."

The issue of money and the sharing formula has been agitating the minds of many close associates of Sowore who are urging him to release the funds meant for the twelvestates shortlisted for the flag-off of the protest. Investigations by vigil 360 indicate that during a recent meeting in Dubai between Sowore and some top opposition politicians from Nigeria as well as Shiite leaders from Iran,30million dollars was earmarked to mobilize Nigerians in twelve states to come out and protest on 5th August 2019. The states billed for the flag-off protest are; Lagos, Ogun, Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Edo, Anambra, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Adamawa and the FCT .

Those who attended the Dubai meeting expected that at least a billion naira will be shared among activists in each of the states billed to commence the initial protest. But to their chagrin, as the days for the revolutionary protest draws nearer, Sowore seems to be playing with their intelligence by not releasing sufficient funds for mobilization in states.

Meanwhile, it is unknown whether some of the aggrieved coordinators tipped off the DSS off before Sowore's arrest.

A Police source privy to the arrest told Vigil360 that so many cases have been established against Sowore and he might be charged to court next week. He said to attempt to unseat a democratically elected government was treasonable and should be condemned by all well-meaning Nigerians. He charged those aggrieved with the government to join political parties and vote out non-performing government officials.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Kudirat Abiola’s Seven Children Pass Dna Test / Shiroro And Sapele Power Plants Shut, as blackout worsens - PUNCH / BREAKING : EFCC Releases Obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.